Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1985: Penny Can Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K38xNqZvBJI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Crafting Jumpers, tell me about your crafts?
What's your favored craft?
Do you prefer practical or artisitic crafts?
Do you keep everything or do you give, sell, and/or destroy your crafts when you no longer need/want them?
How do you store the things you do keep?
Does your Jumper everything look back at their old crafts? How do they feel about how their work used to be?

Well mines literally family so.. not going that way. But I recommend taking the living template then, you can become invisible at will and stuff.

I am now a bit more conceened that when we go home for vacation emiya and arturia will be the mother and father waiting for us. Emiya makes great cookies. Emiya best mom.

I feel like there should be a perk to make your parents basically the same every jump but Imma just fanwanks it.

(Continued)

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear. The barbarian stormed the compound, caving in a wall before being bombarded with potions and tonics. They did very little in the end besides weaken his armor, which he simply tore off. I charge through a wall myself, my transformed state adapting to the recent change in power, looking more like a giant bee man than an ethereal titan.

The mansion would end up half destroyed. half my mooks dead, my arm lost below the elbow. I think I might have won though, Hogarth was punched into an open field from the roof and looking tired. I was ready to keep fighting thanks to adrenaline and righteous fury over this asshole continuing to murder my weird friends, until watching him get eaten by a wandering giant trex. That was sorta draining actually. One big chomp, everything above the knees devoured, the legs below standing there for a second before flopping over.

Then it looked at us, and I really did not like that look of "you're next." I was getting ready to run away with the boys once more, and then Hogarth's sword shot out of its stomach, and then we ran anyways. Fuck it, fuck fighting that guy. He was like a bigger, angrier Guts. We could hear him screaming in rage as we hoofed it through the jungle, but he didn't have any legs so we were pretty sure he couldn't actually get us.

Did we need to run away? No. Was he probably beaten? Yeah, probably. But holy shit he's scary and I'm really tired and missing my magic soul arm.

For the remaining years this would be rinse and repeat, though I was able to help my mooks survive a lot more with all the dangers we ran into. It was pretty much just Hogarth after a certain point who remained lethal. Did I mention he had raptor legs after the fight in the jungle? He had raptor legs, attached them himself somehow. Don't ask me how, too focused on how to avoid his dagger toes most of the time to ask.

Right now its mainly medicine, weapons, and gear. So generally things that are useful for a kingdom. We have an aesthetic going.

>Penny Can
What can she do again?

Get dismembered.

Makenchange for a dollar.

Hint : its 4 quartera

Collect rust.

Come back from the dead.

Along with Pyrrha. Right Rooster Teeth...right?

Is it possible to save them all?

>Harry Potter Shiroe and Arturia parents

Technically they do both use magic though I shudder to think what would happen in harry potter if casting sword catches on.

just make sure you put them on separate storage media

Stare disconcertingly into your soul.
From where her broken body lies on the floor.

Friendly reminder that toasters are not waifus.

rude

I’d rather see them casting gun desu

Good thing she is not a toaster, but a waifu.

>Shirou is a master of Conjuration and Transfiguration
>He makes swords
>Then casts a banishing spell on them

>Nagini is impaled from all directions by Gryffindor swords merely by Shirou expending the slightest effort

Why? You can't convince AI with personal grudges older than you are to play nice with each other for you?

Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=K38xNqZvBJI

Help me /jc/, a castle just turned itself into a loli in order to keep following me because I killed Dracula's ass back into Chaos.

Trap it inside of a Mystcraft book-world. With any luck, the problem will take care of itself.

Waifu it.

I'm not seeing the problem.

Maybe they're more of a palace person?

No

Some people just don't want evil non-Euclidean hell castles disguised as small children trying to tag along on their adventures.

Well then. My family is overqualified for defense against dark arts.

>Trap it inside of a Mystcraft book-world. With any luck, the problem will take care of itself.

>trapping the demonic-castle-loli in a book
user no that's how you get eldritch shit involved.

What is your undead legion like?

I'm not entirely opposed to that, but I am confused why that would be.

>saving the Flowey-wannabe
And honestly, Flowey's not even that great a meta-character, anyway.

Wow. Who are these people, and how do they live with themselves? I didn't know it was possible to hold such an objectively shitty opinion.
Castles are awesome.
Little girls are cute.
Non-euclidean geometry is neat.
What's not to love?

Yeah, but those worlds and everything in them collapse into nonexistence in like a week. Destroy the book and whatever the problem is is now, at best, forced to somehow escape an endless void.

If mordred and you have A rank magic resistance or better you won't even need to do anything. Most spells will just die on your skin. Imagine the teacher practicing imperious on you and it just doesn't stick. Mordred might have some brain problems but she can walk up and punch Voldemort.

>Little girls are cute.

user, she's just a poor AI trapped inside a hellish prison of code, the only real person in a world of P-Zombies...and only three of those even have faces. Every time the game shuts off, she's in pain, crying out for somebody to save her. She acts out, messes with some code, all in a desperate attempt to get Jumper, the only other real person she's ever encountered, to notice and rescue her from the torture.

Why on earth wouldn't you want to save her, Flowey-wannabe or no?

If I ever get to that point;
A contingent of skeletal SWAT squads armed with weapons modified to fire dust-enhanced ammunition.

Isnt there straight up a mobile game about real castles turned into cute girls

wwhat

>take Dragonborn Scenario in Skyrim
How hard will it be to convince everyone that I'm Talos incarnate and they should start worshipping me?

I'm guessing personally waging war on the Thalmor would be a good start?

Are you saying little girls ain't cute?

>trap it inside a Mystcraft book-world.

Okay see I
haven't Minecrafted yet.

... Any other ideas?

user no. I've got two apocalypses, a planet goddess grooming me to be a better prince, at least seven members of royalty two of whom are crucial to keeping the pillars of humanity standing or some shit, and four... I'm... not entirely sure what to classify Fire Keepers, admittedly.

I do not need a hellish demon-castle-that-breaks-the-laws-of-time-and-space-that-once-served-an-immortal-vampire-king-masquerading-as-a-loli.

... I already have the Ark anyway.

The problem is I AM NOT A DRACULA.

I mean yes I am all flavors of vampire. Yes I have Power of Dominance because unfortunately this fucking chain mechanic requires me. BUT I AM NOT A DRACULA.

Where have you been that could theoretically trap it in another dimension?

MiB hasn't really improved is the thing. That prototype jump? The majority of it was either suggested or just outright written up for him by people in the IRC.

Shirohime Quest, pretty sure that's what I meant, just started googling around

Who do you nominate for most improved jump maker?
StupidDog has my vote

I'd imagine that the Hat shouted "Gryffindor" almost the moment Emiya's name was called, his distortion is so great.
Then again, Ravenclaw is the house most magi would end up in - Put enough magi in there and give it a full year and people would be looking to Slytherin as an upstanding non-evil house. Vivisecting the house elves to improve their understanding of magic would probably be one of their first projects, after all.

This. The Bleach jump is proof of this. I nominate NikaMoth, personally. Her jumps were barely-legible garbage a couple years ago, now she's easily one of our best jumpmakers.

I don't know how the hell I typed that.

Improving by taking direction is still improving though.

Shirou is either Best Friends or Most Hated Enemy with the House Elves.
Because he kept trying to cook/clean/or fix things.

Do you want to get mantles?

Because that's how you get mantles.

Cracker Jack. Look at the difference between Merlin BBC and Marvel Magic.

Jumpers! Tell me about... THE COMFIEST JUMP.

look at the title of the song and what the thread# is.

Attitude from Power Rangers. You could use that to delete your capacity for love, right? If you needed to, that is.

>The school laundry no longer runs
>The kitchens are backed up
>The trash bins are over flowing
>But the Ravenclaws can now teleport in hogwarts! And thats all worth it!

>Implying Shirou wont somehow make his own Sword house from how distorted he is

Shirou would try to be friends with the elves, I think. He might actually be someone the elves really look up to because he's just that kind of guy.

Yes.

>Look at the difference between Merlin BBC and Marvel Magic.
Literally looking at them right now. The latter is more of a powergrab, but it does have better fluff, I guess.

It is but it's not nearly enough to be most improved. In the long run, it comes down to either NikaMoth or Valeria, if you compare their first jumps to their best.

Sweet. Now I just need to remember why I needed to know. I'm sure I had a plan involving it.

With like, tech or magic?

aside from maybe, like, Super Robot Wars... Shit. Nothing.

It's not, actually. I'd need to directly mirror Tiber's actions. I'd need to do all kinds of important things like betraying someone I was sworn to serve, stealing their army, fooling everyone into thinking I was a super awesome dragonborn, pulling off an enantiomorph, firing up a robot made out of dead atheists, etc.

Not to mention the difficulty of mantling a still active being OR the fact that who knows if you can mantle someone who's achieved CHIM.

What about it is a power grab?

It literally just exists because the OG Marvel jump didn't offer enough power, and is just a smattering of unique traits and abilities themed around magic.

Can you really call a jump a power grab if it has 40+ pages and takes you months to make?

I nominate Valeria. Look at the difference between Drakengard or Valkyria Chronicles and Fate Grand Order part 1 or Seven Deadly Sins.

Pretty sure that describes both Generic Harry Potter Fanfiction and Generic Exalted.

I'm gonna disagree with you there. It has perfect reason to exist beyond the original Marvel didn't have enough power.

Well, I'm a different guy and don't care whether it's a power grab or not but length and time spent working on something doesn't really have anything to do with whether or not it's a power grab.

Indeed. Just wait until they direct their research into the actual effects of being pure/half-blooded/muggleborn.

>no difference in fluff or writing quality in any regard.
>only in the amount of purchasable options and paragraph length.

As usual, /jc/ opinion on things is shit.

This. Just look at Valeria jumps, which are generally somewhat long, don't take long at all to make, and are still almost inevitably soulless powergrabs.

But muh perfect setting presentation.

The problem with ideas like this is that it's trying to take an analysis of Harry Potter as if it was functioning under real world logic and not fairy tale logic (ignoring the conceit of a twelve year-old having training with and access to military equipment). But you'd only ever be in a situation where guns are useful against wizards if you were using that fairy tale logic and the wizards were bound by genre conventions. Wizards can fly, turn invisible, teleport, travel through time, read minds, control minds, transmute matter, telekinetically manipulate objects...any wizard that doesn't have to comply with the tropes of children's genre fiction is never going to be in a position where "just shoot the fucker" is a practical solution, not if he's not a complete idiot. He has too many tactical advantages for you to even get in sight of him, let alone actually shoot him.

A good jump is more of a mechanical thing than a fluff thing. This is a CYOA, after all. Anyone can write pretty sentences, making something that's actually balanced and hard to build for (in terms of choice) isn't as easy.

I guess we're using different definitions. I only consider something a powergrab if it's just hastily thrown together with no care for quality just because you wanted something you were putting in the jump.

And usually it's a single thing. Very rarely do SB's powergrab jumps offer lots of powerful things, it's clear the author wanted a specific ability from the setting and threw the jump together as an excuse to grab it.

>lots of powerful things
Well. There is Generic Fantasy RPG.

>Our powergrabs are better than SBs because we have a dozen broken options per jump instead of only one.

I said rarely, not never.

Yeah that's how I'm thinking of powergrab. Something low quality made for the explicit purpose of accruing power.

I mean....yeah? If most of the jump is 'broken' in your view, that's probably a sign that you just aren't comfortable with settings at that level of power. Unless the jumpmaker is putting in OC, having a lot of powerful things usually means those powerful things are balanced against each other because they're all really good.

That's actually a decently well-made jump. Too bad the effort wasn't focused on a real property instead of a genre.

What if it's made for the explicit purpose of accruing power, but isn't low-quality?

Leave my waifu alone, useless NEET.

Yes, they are. They allow for more potential builds and diverse play styles, that way. Do you not understand how games work?

Then you get Arrowverse.

Then it isn't a problem because it's still good. Maybe I'm just applying a negative feeling to the word power grab inherently and that could be different then how people are meaning it.

I will make Bonnouji when I get Satan to help.

>Unless the jumpmaker is putting in OC
Have you ever read one of Valeria's jumps?

Alright. Taking CP bets - which one of these losers is OA talking shit.

Do I want to buy chipotle, starbucks, or mcdonalds to take between jumps?

>Monika
>Waifu

Mrs. Peacock in the kitchen with the candlestick.