Warhammer Fantasy General - /wfg/

The retarded kid has stole the Wack-a-Mole hammer from the arcade hall again... edition.

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/bgy1rqd6

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YQTfd3OC_2w
1d4chan.org/wiki/Eeza_Ugezod's_Mother_Crushers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Stormcast could rape any mortal hero of the old world.

Lets not get excited yet lads, Arkhan's chariot could just be his mid-tier mount. The shitty End Times thing could be his final form.

a master of bait

There's nothing wrong with Razarak.

Any good fluff/lore bits that focus on orcs? It feels like they get crowded out by chaos, ogres, and the colourful variety of goblins

Gorfang Rotgut is the king of Black Crag, which used to be the Dwarfen Hold of Karak Drazh. He's secured himself an unsteady alliance his next door neighbor Skarsnik and Karak Eight Peaks. His OTHER neighbor, Karak Azul, houses his arch rival Kazador Dragonslayer. Gorfang kidnapped Kazador's entirely family in a raid and had his son Kazrik shaved and NAILED to Kazador's Throne, and he actually SURVIVED that.

Gorfang also dueled Queek Headtaker in a one on one, wielding a club made from the leg of a statue of a Dwarf. He actually won, because Queek's beaked hammer couldn't pierce his armor so he just ran away.

In keeping with The End Times' dedication to dashing any hopes of interesting ideas, Gorfang Rotgut is mentioned as having been killed offscreen by Belegar Ironhammer, which made his domain vulnerable to Skaven invasion (in keeping with the other theme of The End Times: turning the Skaven into Mary Sues).

I wouldn't know, I honestly only ever use the German versions because they are that good.
So how about making a new wiki? Warhammmer Wiki sucks endless cock by being based on Wikia alone.

>The End Times: turning the Skaven into Mary Sues

How? They boiled up and burnt themselves out.

Honestly? Not really. The Greenskins' whole role in the fluff mainly boils down to "A Threat for Protagonists to Beat." They're mostly just another threat to contend with, without much lasting impact on the world. The only moments really worth noting about them (like Grimgor dueling Archeon) happen in the End Times, and thus are quickly rendered moot anyway.

You better not be underselling my boy Azhag here

>tfw slamming a block of 40 blackguard into anything

God damm it feels so good.

Same, but with handgunners

Stop making new threads before the previous one has died.

getting slammed by 5(5) wild riders

Truly no peace from that evil.

He's a good one

>leads yet another Waaagh against the Empire
>gets killed by Imperial General #19

Like I said, the Orks don't leave much of an impact on things. Individual characters can be quirky enough, but the Orks don't really play much of a role in the history or grand events of the world. They're just... there. Being Orky and shit.

The idea of people with divinity would be interesting...in any other setting than Warhammer.

Not a horrible idea, but it's heavily implied in the story of Giles le Breton and his Twelve Battles that she just kind of already existed and had a lot of power before she was widely worshiped. I don't feel like her 'evolving' into the state she is really makes sense with that, as much as I like the idea.

>Physical manifestation of Bretonnia's chivalrous ideals
Not bad, but see above. Also most of the vows and chivalry came about through the Lady's worship, through Louis the Rash and the like.
>Dryad/Tree spirit gone rogue and spiteful against its kin for taking in the Elves
Awesome, and does help with my not-Athel Loren headcanon and yet explaining the Lady's seeming connection to nature. But I'm not sure a dryad or tree spirit would have godly powers (the Ancient Widow might show otherwise, but she's not that widely worshiped), and the Bretonnians don't seem to outright hate the Wood Elves like that sort of goddess would imply.
>Lie passed down between mortal damsels in a ply to maintain political/religious control of Bretonnia
Interesting, kind of makes them more like the Ice Witches in some ways, and implying that the Lady was a lie outright actually feels better to me than a gradual growth in power. But I'd still rather there be something to give the damsels and prophetesses power.
>"Something" that got saved by Giles and repays the debt
Oooh, leaves it up to something spooky and unexplained. Bit of a cop-out, but maybe.
>Surprise Be'lakor
I will hit the time reset button until he goes away.

Fun idea I had was maybe making her a powerful Naiad, associated with the Sannez or the Grismere (or just a lake). And she's got sort of a possessive relationship with all of Bretonnia, and the horrifying part is that she's been slowly working to try and make it so that the Bretonnians will worship her exclusively.

What about the Orc Waagh that turned Solland from a province into part of Wissenland? Or the Orcs that swarmed Mourkain and caused the Strigoi to fall from noble rulers to feral monsters?

Good TWW TK battle.

youtu.be/YQTfd3OC_2w

Evertime there are clips about Khorne Warriors they are rather depict as calm, aloof.
Why?

I guess in that case specifically it was because almost emotionless warriors completely in armor is...well, cool. And contrasts with the brutal savagery of the Orcs that come later.

I think it's nice, considering the fluff always makes them sound like they're nothing more than berserkers that can barely control themselves enough to lead an army. Khorne isn't my favorite Chaos god, but it's disappointing that he barely even has any Chaos cults according to WHRP.

Why should of all people Khorne warriors be the contrast to Orcs?

I dunno. If they were the exact same, the video would be kind of boring, right?

No.

There is no correlation between skill at arms and being a raving lunatic.

CA added about three non-tabletop units for TK's, plus mounts for LL's lacking them.

Bump. I really want an answer to this.

And yet they cut Bone Giants. Preorder cancelled.

Nagash's Black Pyramid. I really hope we get to fight him in the final battle.

My chaos opponent uses them them to spearhead soft softer units ahead of the main force, tying up combats for long enough that his chosen gw can swing in behind and murder anything tougher.

course that does often mean his chaos knights are unsupported for a turn or 2 aside magic, which is all the more reasoning for careful positoning. soimething to note is they can take magic weapons and I've seen them become horrifying with mark of khorne.

This stuff is cool but I hate that it's just a skybox. The maps themselves are boring as sin, mainly because the AI can't handle interesting terrain.

If we don't get to fight the colossal skeletal asshole himself, then we're going to have him looming in the background like the Horned Rat--either way, I think it's pretty much guaranteed we'll be seeing him at the end. Hell, Arkhan might even be defending him against all the others rather than attacking.

I think Nagashizzar is gonna be a DLC faction for TWW3. That way there can be an undead faction in each game, and it would be appropriate for the finale of the trilogy to up the stakes that way.

Gorbad Ironclaw could kick Grimgors pansy arse.

Fucking ingrate. They gave us the Warsphinx, Necrosphinx, and the bloody Hierotitan. Fuck the Bone giant.

I mean the third game is going to be focused around chaos, so that would be a strange addition, at least outside of throwing in everything and the kitchen sink for the last game in the series.

That's not a skybox. It's an actual model that I hope we get to use in the map editor.

Well, Nagash's inclusion in the third game would make a certain amount of sense, given he has a personal goal of overthrowing the Chaos Gods and becoming the new master of the mortal and immortal planes. I mean, we know all the "Good Guys" are going to be squaring off against Chaos, so why not have an evil guy or two throw their weight against them?

Where is this text from?

So do the Chosen just stop needing to eat and drink after a while of getting sealed in their Chaos-stuff armors?

Does anyone have that compiled image that has all of the Araby fluff scraps in one? Might be useful since it sounds like we might be getting them in TWW2 down the road.

4th edition Orcs and Goblins book

Why no shieldbarrers? Why did pic related never happen in TWWH?

Well, no, it's not a skybox. But you can't interact with it in any way, so it might as well be.

Not that you could do much with the Black Pyramid in a map anyway, it's just too big. But it's a recurring theme with the Total War maps. All the cool stuff - buildings, chasms, bridges, rivers - are just off the map and the playable map is merely variations of elevation and some patches of forest.

It's sad because terrain is what should shape your tactics. There's only so much variation on a flat plane. I almost can't bring myself to play any more because every battle is the exact same hammer and anvil setup and the AI acts in pretty much the same way.

Thanks

Aren’t the average SCE supposed to be around equal to the average Chaos Warrior? That’s way better than the average Empire State Soldier but not main character level.

Even Chaos Warriors don't need sustenance.

probably, yes. Unless even those blessed by a chaos armor can remove their helmet to eat. Lord Mortkin did, and he was a chaos lord, so a chaos armor must've been a given for him

Eh, thats for modders. Just like the other TW games, mods are the meat in their bread.

I just can’t wait for someone to rip all these assets for use in SFM and Garry’s Mod. I would, if I knew how.

Aren't Khornate warriors in Fantasy not raving lunatics, but Hyper Martials? I seem to remember his chosen being either the best warriors to walk the earth or raving berserkers

Because a raving lunatic doesn't necessarily make a good warrior.
I think it's appropiate for khornate chaos warriors to be disciplined and aloof since they channel their rage and fury into their weapons and skill at arms, while i imagine khornate raiders to be much more savage

That doesn't even look like Warhammer.

That seems like a good usage of them. I'll definitly try that tactic out. I do however wonder how he avoids getting his knights slaughtered if they are out by themselves yet still hold up combat. Granted positioning is my great weakness, but it seems to me that it would be really easy for the opponent to just countercharge and crush the unit in one turn as knights, allthough heavily armoured, suffer from being few in numbers in a reasonably priced unit. Am I giving the knights to little credit?

Warhammer doesn’t look like Warhammer.

My understanding is that it's a mixture of all sorts. Some khornate warriors/chosen are raving lunatics not too unlike a supercharged psycho on bathsalts while others are more akin to disciplined master swordsmen. Even others are your stereotypic barbarian - a hulking mass of muscles who rely on brute force and bloodlust rather than technique and discipline. Others again are just hatefilled murderers gifted with a blade.

>the third game is going to be focused around chaos

This has been claimed from the beginning, but has CA ever confirmed it? It's a logical conclusion, but it isn't necessarily true.

Seeing as it will include at the least DoC and Chaos Dwarfs as playable faction it's all but confirmed that Chaos will play a major role in it.

It's obviously going to be End Times.

Some do - there are a few Khornate champions that stop needing to eat or rest after enough time in Khorne's favor.

You gotta understand that the path of chaos is a process. Despite units looking uniform, eveyone gets gifts and mutations at their own rate as they slowly evolve into demons or spawns. Some buy those bitching Chorf armours, others just mutate their own demon armor out of thir own bodies.

In the spirit of mostly forgotten orcs, this guy.

The russian data-mining uncovered that the main factions would be based on the four chaos gods.
The data-mining hasn't been wrong yet, except where plans have changed (Skaven were originally going to be a DLC race, Norsca wasn't in the original plan etc).

I'd really prefer it to be Darklands-bowl, but that's not what CA had set up for it at least.

I'm pretty sure chaosbowl > darklandsbowl/badlandsbowl/cathay/kislev/nippon

>main factions would be based on the four chaos gods
So Khorne Daemonkin/Bloodhound & all that? What about Malal

> Darklandsbowl
I mean, I want it too, but it's all just Greenskins and Chorfs there, with the odd Ogre tribe. There's nothing there of value to claim.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Eeza_Ugezod's_Mother_Crushers

>turning the Skaven into Mary Sues
How exactly? The fluff has always said if the Skaven ever united and rose up, they could overrun the world. They did exactly that, except worse because they drained their numbers so badly they were unable to hold onto much of their territory and had to ally with Archaon to even stand a chance. The only thing truly OP was the moon laser, everything else was pretty much what was expected of a Skaven uprising actually following through all the way

Skaven uniting at all is the strange part.

Like having a guy who is good at everything but weak to fire, then writing a story where he kills almost everyone because he got a magic fireproof ring, then loses it but still wins.

Skaven uniting is as much of an asspull as Elves cloning themselves or Grimnir appearing and saying “Grudges and stunting out tech is dumb, forget the whole thing, just go nuts.”

>Skaven uniting at all is the strange part.

Their god commanded it because the world was coming to an end. Even then there was still infighting.

>Skaven uniting at all is the strange part.
Skaven have almost always been a “United” faction, at least in the sense that they’re all under one government system. And them pushing for the uprising already happened in the older edition lore, it wasn’t some new endtimes thing. The Skaven were in a civil war, the grey seers summon TGHR, he appears and eats some Skaven, then leaves that pillar of commandments. Skaven were working towards their endtimes push ever since then. He appears again at the start of the endtimes to remind them again about what they have to do.

And as the other user mentioned, there was still tons of backstabbing going on. More Skaven died in the infighting that occurred right after the conquest of Tilea and estalia than in the actual conquest itself. Clan pestilence blatantly ignored orders and focused their entire effort on Lustria, Clan Moulder was consolidating forces in secret, and Queeks boss was actively trying to get him killed during his war in the 8peaks

Comparing this to dwarfs suddenly giving up grudges and tradition is just you being a faggot

This is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while I love this fucking meme

>cannot have sex anymore
How does he fuck his mum then? Checkmate, atheists.
Besides, I seem to remember that most of the Dark Elf nobility are descended from him one way or another.

this is how that opponent of mine generally tries to use his.

yeah that's why I use the minor settlement map pack but more importantly GCCM maps. I advise them

The only time they said he couldn’t have sex was in the T&T novels, where Teclis speculated that Malekith couldn’t have an heir because his dick burned off.

Older story has him fucking Morathi and 8ed says many of the noble lines are descended from him and that he is very generous with his blood/seed. Malekith fucks ALL the bitches

Got any other snippets of durthu interacting with non elves user? That was very interesting

I've got to make a goblin big boss 'taskmaster' to keep my troll blob in line. Any suggestions on what to equip him with? It needs to be cheap.

Always a Great Weapon

How come? Wouldn't it be better to get things that increase his survivability and LD buff?

35 point heroes are not worth splashing on strong magic armour or talismans for.
Best way to buff Troll LD is just to keep them near your general (And BSB to be extra careful)

Which is what I'd do in an ideal scenario but today my BSB and General spent the first two turns in the back of the board (animosity) by which times the trolls had had to pursue and were wandering around an empty corner of the battle.
I was mainly asking in case there was some item that directly helped my situation (ie give more LD).
I'll probably just give him the enchanted shield and call it a day.

This possibility is why I have a Black Orc in every unit that matters

Is it ever addressed why the Empire/Dwarfs bother with volley guns when simply firing cannister shot from cannons would do the same thing more efficiently?

18th century Poland actually made its own version of the Hellblaster volley gun, albeit smaller

What circumstances would it take to make Settra the Big Bad and the Tomb Kings the main antagonists to the mortal Races?

Tabletop Empire has a grapeshot option, but it's half the range of the Hellblaster gun, which is pretty short to begin with for an artillery piece(24" max, -1 to hit after 12")

Settra wanted to conquer the known world. If it weren’t for chaos, Skaven, Orcs and vampires, Tomb Kings would be the primary antagonists.

It’s too bad we never got to see pic related play out to its conclusion. I would have loved to see the empire having to fend off a massive tomb king invasion, though most likely they’d get BTFO like chaos did when Settra personally invaded the chaos wastes

>Not embracing anomosity
>Implying bestest black orcs would associate with low lifes
>Not playing thematic Crooked Moon Clan
Why even bother?

>chaos, Skaven, Orcs and vampires,
Meddling primary antagonists

now for the end times artwork

looks really different right?

It's probably slightly more accurate than the equivalent to a giant smoothbore shotgun.

Settra is too preoccupied with nagash for that

So tell me about femgors

They're called Beastwomen. And they're given barely a mention, and what mentions they do get don't paint them in a pretty light.

It's frustrating how the story ends with cliffhangers regarding Moulder planning its own offensive, Skrolk and Nurglitch being still alive and Thanquol claiming the vacant seat on the council only for those things to be completely ignored afterwards.

Thanks for the neat picture mate, now I'm really interested in trying this out!

Forgot to add: What sort of targets would you say I should charge and which should I try to avoid? Played a game yesterday in which I had a unit of Knights with a BSB and sorcerer curb stomping units of about 20 zombies in one charge. Is it these types of low-quality blocks I should limit myself to or would a unit of knights manage to stand up to tougher opponents? What's your experience?