Suggest some podcasts/supplemental RPG media that you like

Hey Veeky Forums! I've been trying to get into the whole 'actually fucking listening to podcasts' thing lately, and I thought you would know some rad podcasts to follow that are beyond just being told over and over I need to listen to 'Critical Role' and 'Adventure Zone'.

Open to other things to follow, whether they are sites or people on youtube, or anything like that. Just need to get more RPG stuff in my life - whether this is DMing tips, game recordings, setting discussions.etc.etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U2FPkOaAyCg
epicd6.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thrilling Intent. You can skip to ep 40 or so if inclined. It's a youtube series but most of the time you can get away just listening and not watching. (Almost) all dice rolls and OOC stuff are removed so it's a weird kinda rpg story.

System Mastery. They poke fun at/review old RPGs. Really chill, pretty funny, great thing to listen to while you paint.

Thanks anons!

And for other folk: Keep the recommendations coming!

Inenjoy listening to Discern Realities. It’s mainly Dungeon World content, but they get around to lots of general rpg theory, GM-player interaction and the like.

Me and some friends of mine have a podcast where we play Dungeons: The Dragoning 40k.
It's called ODAMcast if you're interested.

Just started an actual play d20 future podcast with my friends. We aren't furries I swear.

youtube.com/watch?v=U2FPkOaAyCg

That fish is cracking me up

Is this the thread for shilling our own 5 listener podcasts?

I mean, as long as you give me a heads up that's what you're doing, I'm okay with that. I'm mainly looking for established content the community recommends, but I'm not opposed to checking out new things that are starting up.

The crit squad podcast has been very enjoyable. It's a shadowrun podcast and they so a good job of exploring lore and the system.

I recommend Decoder Ring Theatre and Radio Icebox. They're not specifically about RPGs but there's a lot of ideas to mine for pulp and supernatural adventures. For gaming-related stuff, Fear of a Black Dragon is pretty good: they analyze different adventures (mostly OSR) and discuss their strengths and weaknesses as well as different ways to remix those adventures into other games.

Oh you wanted quality? Don't listen to Galactic Tails then. I think my favorite is One Shot. They're all pretty natural at roleplaying which is actually fun to listen to, but the quality of the episode depends on what game they're playing. The nice thing is they normally spend about three episodes on a game system so it's easy to listen to a few episodes without having to listen to 60+ hours.

>podcancer
jesus christ

Hey I'm open to literally whatever the fuck.

The Myths and Legends podcast for some interesting monster ideas

Nerd Poker was the only D&D podcast I could stomach. Some of the people were genuinely funny.

Seconding.

Also does anyone know good rpg podcasts that aren't lets plays? As in, system reviews, discussion of mechanics, discussion of different gm techniques, etc

One Shot's Campaign, if you're into the FFG Star Wars system.

sounds like the kind of thing where one of you is gonna discover you're a furry midway through

I mean, its really a proper game podcast, but I've been listening to a bunch of Alice Isn't Dead to hype myself up for the WoD game I'm starting soon, and its worked wonders. The Charlatan, WA scene gets me every time.

I also listen to the F-Plus a lot, but that doesn't really have anything to do with RPGs. I just like it.

I like Acquisitions Incorporated.

So are there podcasts actually about game design and in depth system reviews/postmortems?

For Call of Cthulhu, The Good Friends of Jackson Elias is a mandatory

The Film Reroll is a podcast that twists movie plots into GURPS adventures. It's simply wonderful, and is a good way to make someone believe in the possibilities of GURPS being able to be straightforward, untangled from all the subsystem minutiae it's usually associated with.

Any podcasts for cyberpunk or near future campaigns?

Fear the Boot and Happy Jacks might be what you're looking for.

I would be curious about this as well. Would love some good cyberpunk stuff; or if we're talking specific settings - shadowrun, eclipse phase.etc.etc.

Also: Would love more stuff leaning on GM/DM/whatever title you want to apply; but just how to run good games.

Anybody know a good actual-play of Feng Shui 2? My friends are really busy 'til the end of Summer (and also lazy) and it would hopefully get us playing four or five months earlier than we might normally.

This sounds great, definitely going to give it a shot

Maybe it will just end in a furry orgy and we won't have to podcast anymore.

One Shot plays this game and it's their best episode probably. I think they call the episodes Detective Jackie.

epicd6.com

A fairly new group, mostly 40k but cover the whole spectrum of war and tabletop gaming.
they are pretty funny and they do monthly giveaways

Role Playing Public Radio is good, particularly their WoD the Heck and Palladium Poisoning series. What makes both them great is two of the hosts are pretty knowledge on oWoD and RIFTS, but the third host knows almost nothing. Listening to his reactions to stuff like "White Wolf made a fake Chick Track as part of their marketing for Demon: The Fallen" and "The 4 Horseman of the Apocalypse have appeared and are going to Voltron it up in Africa. Also here are there skill percentages for Car Repair and Holistic Medicine" is amazing.

Also their Gonzo oWoD Actual Play is a thing of beauty.

Heroes and Halfwits is pretty amazing at the beginning or so, but it turns more and more meh near episode 20 or so with some inparty fighting and faffing around.

End of episode 27 is where they jump the shark real hard and its absolutely terrible.

Their counterpart, Twits and Crits is way better, less faffing about and more roleplay