Pic related, and all of the things relating to it, have just been dropped into your setting, Veeky Forums...

Pic related, and all of the things relating to it, have just been dropped into your setting, Veeky Forums. How bad do things get as a result of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ytWz0qVvBZ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

deprived of its Earth Current, it quickly fails and millions of refugees spill out into the chemical wastelands surrounding Hive Ministrous. Ordo Xenos dispatches the local PDF and a company of Deathwatch Marines to attend to the presumed Genestealer incursion.

I assume that It along with "all of the things relating to it" implies that the Earth Current came along for the ride.

"all of the things relating to it" is far too vague. if it just includes the Earth Current, the Clog will be active and nothing changes whatsoever beyond the redoubt being pummeled to dust with artillery. broader than that, and you're not dropping something into a setting, you're dropping surrounding creatures and terrain from one setting into The Night Land. either way, OP is an illiterate faggot.

>broader than that, and you're not dropping something into a setting, you're dropping surrounding creatures and terrain from one setting into The Night Land
It could also simply mean that the Redoubt, Earth Current and the Dark Powers have been dumped into the setting. Geographical features need not be specifically brought along. Also, I dont think you know what "illiterate" means.

Angel of Despair is going to have a field day with that just as the Angel of Pride.

>It could also simply mean that the Redoubt, Earth Current and the Dark Powers have been dumped into the setting
then I would suggest OP learn how to write a sentence which conveys his thoughts rather than simply saying "pyramid wat do"
>Also, I dont think you know what "illiterate" means
Oh no, I am specifically saying that he is unable to read or write, and relies on his wife's teenage son to post for him.

Well, the party will be a lot less concerned about the necromancer they were tracking a minute ago...

I'm playing a campaign based off of KIngdom Death, so this is probably one of the few situations where it would be an improvement

Unholy abomination from the dark between the stars can't follow you underground.

Lets get digging.

youtube.com/watch?v=ytWz0qVvBZ0

Well, it's a bit two-sided. Sure, the Last Redoubt can protect the Survivors from the vast majority of horrors plaguing Kingdom Death, perhaps even preventing Entiities from manipulating things due to the power of the Earth Current, but there's also the fact that the Entities in Kingdom Death CAN be killed, albeit with a great deal of difficulty. Whereas the Dark Powers of the Night Land are pretty much completely unstoppable and Destroy anyone and anything that tries to stand against them near-instantly.

So really, you'd be trading the Entities, who whilst nearly invincible in most cases, can still be destroyed with enough preparation and time, for the Powers Of Night who literally can't be defeated no matter what is done to them. So it's good in some ways, much worse in others.

Nightlands shit dies. Horribly.

I thought it was funny how you implied that the Imperium of 40k would be able to destroy the Last Redoubt.

Looks gay, so I think it would probably park at OP's house to get it's big black dick sucked

Bravo, Reddit. You came up with that "jab" yourself?

What's this?

>The Sun has died. The remaining millions of the human race have moved downward into deep ravines, where volcanism still provides enough heat to keep the air in a breathable form. Humanity's survivors live on in a few pyramidal Redoubts, lit, heated, and defended by the mysterious Earth Current. They await the inevitable day when the Current fails and the monsters gathering outside swarm their defences.

>This to be Love, that your spirit to live in a natural holiness with the Beloved, and your bodies to be a sweet and natural delight that shall be never lost of a lovely mystery… And shame to be unborn, and all things to go wholesome and proper, out of an utter greatness of understanding; and the Man to be an Hero and a Child before the Woman; and the Woman to be an Holy Light of the Spirit and an Utter Companion and in the same time a glad Possession unto the Man… And this doth be Human Love…”

>The Sun has died.
Ah, okay. Some archmage of Forces creates a new one.

It promptly gets eaten again.

Are there any other valleys left?

There are other valleys and trenches in the Night Land (quite a lot of them, to be fair), but almost all of them are hilariously dangerous, and tend to be filled with things that defy description (giant biomechanical bird-things with hooks for hands, in one case). The place where the Redoubt is situated is pretty much the safest one.

I never understood these kinds of threads. I guess describing a situation that sounds like bad crossover fanfiction just isn't my idea of a good time.

Question? Are these creatures magical, science, lovecraftian, or some other form of unrealistic power? This is important.

>the Redoubt is situated is pretty much the safest one.

>Whereas the Dark Powers of the Night Land are pretty much completely unstoppable and Destroy anyone and anything that tries to stand against them near-instantly.

Do you mean that in the sense that they are basically Saitama or is this a case where nothing in either setting can do anything about them?

>Are these creatures magical, science, lovecraftian, or some other form of unrealistic power? This is important.
Ridiculously magical and "Lovecraftian" for the Big Things like the stronger Eaters/Pneumavores (the Bell Of Dakrness and the Lifeless Tree, for instance), The Watchers, The Silent Ones and the "Dragons" who devour entire star clusters. But there's a crap-ton of things beyond the Redoubt that are just as magical and horrific, such as giant moving "castles" of ice, and multi-tentacled Behemoths that dwarf hills.

Ah okay that helps allot.
>Setting that takes place inside some incomprehensible thing called Entity that devours any unrealism around itself and replaces the devoured reality with something resembling our reality.
>In other words, it eats magic or "unacceptable" laws of physics and holds whatever's left behind together by giving it a new laws of physics to follow so everything around it doesn't just cease to exist.

If it crashes into Entity, then if the Pyramid thing is mostly magic it's going to get fucked because it just slammed into a being that eats magic and is immune to anything involving magic to work. Shot a fireball at it? Zero damage because you used magic. Try to warp reality? Nothing happens because you used magic. All of its' unrealism and magical crap is going to get eaten by it. Though they can kill it with mundane weapons that aren't magic based, if they've crashed into it then they're already in the middle of it's aura. So that means that Earth Current thing is going to get devoured with no shits given to whatever magic based defenses it might have.

On the bright side Entity won't be a problem after that because eating that much magic and unrealism would force it to automatically hibernate for a while. This is why it doesn't have a feast like this very often, when its hibernating it's a sitting duck so considering the setting it wandered into it's probably going to get eaten in this time unless it goes through this unnoticed.

If it does go unnoticed, then it's going to fuck off as soon as possible simply because it doesn't want to be around shit that can do that shit to it.

>Do you mean that in the sense that they are basically Saitama or is this a case where nothing in either setting can do anything about them?
A bit of both really. Neither the main Night Land setting nor KD can do anything about them, but neither can most other settings really. I mean, not even Capital G God can do much to stand against them in the long term.

Well, my setting has a functional Sun, and a nice THICC atmosphere, and loads of 'Earthcurrent' left. So the Last Redoubt would probably become a strong local power.

The greatest impediment to them becoming a major Inheritor State (setting is already post-cataclysmic, but not quite so entropic) would probably be the social inertia of unfathomable tradition against leaving the Redoubt that would make them overly cautious of expansion.

It is more likely that one of the other factions would start trying to break in and loot the redoubt for either the high technology (at least two factions would find it compatible with their own), or simply the people themselves ('pure' humans, minds, bodies and blood are a valuable resource.)

Thankfully their 'Air Clog' shield will probably preserve them for a good while, as would their electrical cannons (if they realized they now had the energy to spare for their use.) The greatest danger is probably that some cryptographer or electrowitch figure out how to fuck with their cyber-telepathy.

It's a good exercise in getting to know your setting, developing its laws of metaphysics, starting points for developing campaigns, and otherwise stretching you creativity in general.

>Playing a Tippyverse Game

Well, if they can make contact, I guess life for the guys inside the pyramid gets much better