Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1987: Miniskirts and Thighhighs Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kFZKgf5WG0g
youtube.com/watch?v=b6uNvQich8g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I remember a while ago anons were talking about which star destroyers they wanted in Star Wars jumps.

Apparently the Imperial I class star destroyers were later refit to get rid of the weird looking thing on the top (along with other improvements) so whenever we get the chance to take a star destroyer in a jump it will be possible to get both the look of the Imperial II and the point defenses of the Imperial I. Unless one of the improvements was getting rid of those but that seems unlikely.

Any good low-power jumps for picking up eternal youth in?

Narnia

Symbiote.

>*This* or maybe ~this~ or ^this^
I want you to put a trip so I can block you, Mr Ebon Dragon. No offense, but I cant stand your posts. At least Bancho doesn't try to include reddit-tier jokes in every post he makes.
>Spoiler
Only if they are reverse traps

Nobody reply to this post please :^)

Stay on topic, user.

Xenogenesis is coming along. Not finished yet by any means, but it seems fitting to post a WIP when the thread number lines up with the year of first publication.

Fluff in particular is going to see more work, perk names included, but mechanic-wise I think we're in the home stretch. Drawbacks will also be majorly expanded.

Requests/grievances/etc, have at me.

Jumpers, tell me about the time something went completely wrong

>MFW
youtube.com/watch?v=kFZKgf5WG0g

Thanks senpai.

Alternatively, steal them and upgrade them yourself. There's like 25000 of them just hanging around.

Adeptus Astartes.

What less obvious items are there worth stealing in Harry Potter?

Shit even I forgot that Clover missed his deadline. So the C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control and the Uber jump are free to claim, if anyone even cares.

On a similar topic. Is the user who claimed Xenoblade Chronicles 2 here? How's the jump coming along?

Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder is pretty neat.
Actually, a lot of the twin’s stuff could be neat

You can actually fanwank it if you roll Kalos in Pokemon Trainer and fight Team Flare yourself.

Exactly how fast is Beta Level Healing factor in X-Men Movies supposed to be? Movie Wolverine is what I'm going with, but were there any clarifications posted?

Well, I can't really comment on the jump, since Wild Seed is the only Octavia Butler novel I've ever read so I'm not familiar with this setting, but it sounds like a neat sci-fi premise. Some good perks, too, I'm always in favor of weird neurology and bio-engineering perks. I'm not seeing anything that stands out as objectionable, it's a bit weird how you've got a mixture of powers and items under the "Advantages" section, but it sort of makes sense given those powers are biological enhancements. So yeah, looks good.

What did you do in Stellaris?

do jumpers know the way?

Farted so much I made that cloud bank.

This meme is already stale.

Murderized aliens mainly

They don't, which raises another question: where were they going without ever knowing the way?

Advantages is a formatting tweak I've been experimenting with since Gargantia. The premise is that a lot of the time, perks are a jumble of all sorts of bonuses while items, companions and the like are parceled out into their own sections.
In this model, perks are subtle things which could be missed on examination while advantages always are physically distinct or have immediately obvious physical effects. Items, modifications, companions. It suits Xenogenesis in particular because there is very little emphasis on distinct items in the classical jumpchain sense, which would result in patchy item trees.

If it's intrusive or confusing, I can walk it back, but I think things are more concise this way.

Thank you for the response.

Yeah, Beta is directly equal to Wolverine.

>No offense, but I cant stand your posts
Not him and no. You will suffer and I will enjoy it. It is your destiny.
>Comparing me to Bancho
Ouch.

Great! That lets me make some pretty fun plans!

I started a conservation program for the Star Drakes. I want giant thermonuclear space dragons to be a thing, we shouldn't let them die out. I managed to get some Shroud entities to help out with that, actually, the Whispers In The Void and Weaver of Strands were surprisingly supportive of the idea.

>since Gargantia
I don't exactly remember what it was but there was something in that jump you said you were going to take another look at before disappearing for a while without doing so. Do you remember what that was/can you take care of it now?

>I started a conservation program for the Star Drakes. I want giant thermonuclear space dragons to be a thing, we shouldn't let them die out.
You're a good guy, user.

Nah, I think it's a neat idea for formatting. Just confused me a bit at first glance.

Havent been to stellaris yet. I am probably going to build a massive disc complete with continents and oceans and a couple of self repairing celestial bodies like a really small star and a moon to go across the sky. That way I can have a massive flat earth ship. I already have a big ship country I use for impressing people and tinkering with but having my own celestial planet (super thick, thicker than earths crust to core just to make sure it has gravity) and then fill it with soul beasts. Then farm them for parts and such. Maybe keep it as a vacation home. I dont plan on filling it with people though I may let people go there. Use it as more of a primordial preserve for magical creatures.

Also I kinda want to give harry potter creatures cultivation now, nundu would make amazing poison masters.

I mean, what's the point of going to strange and wondrous new worlds if you let their strangeness and wonder die out? It seems like conservation programs for monsters and magic and bizarre phenomena are the natural project for a jumper.

Pruned back the alien civilizations to vassals/reservations centered on their homeplanets and covered the galaxy with post-human colonies and habitats. Not speciest or anything but when humans turn into another race when they worship me and the ayys don't then it's clear who deserves to inherit the galaxy

Are vanilla Space Marines even immortal? I thought they capped out at like a thousand years or so unless they were a Psyker, a Blood Angel, a Chaos SM, or shoved in a dreadnought.

They live until they are killed, they're not eternally young though. In one novel the Salamanders found a veteran of the dropsite massacre who had become an absolute wreck after ten thousand years.

Off the top of my head, I think the complaint was about how the ship purchases didn't have automation or phantom crew mechanics.

I'm not on the computer which has my notes for that jump, but yeah, I'll dredge them up when I get the chance. Updates for my earlier jumps will happen before I make any more claims.

no space Marine has ever died of natural causes so the maximum lifespan is unknown. And "shoved in a dreadnought" is still alive if on life support.

I couldn't agree more, user. Such things deserve to be preserved.

>Also I kinda want to give harry potter creatures cultivation now, nundu would make amazing poison masters.
Doooeeeiiitttt!
What could possibly go wrong?

Not much other than acromantula poison master feud and lightning cultivating thunderbirds with fire breeding phoenixes. Could be cool when I finally hit coiling dragon.

As some of you may know, during Tomb Kings what appeared to be the ghost of Theion started whispering at me right before I started necrotizing. Alas I can't blame that one on the drawbacks.

It all happened because I was fiddling with my Charms one day. So Cecelyne has a wish Charm that can conjure up backgrounds, right? And Malfeas' spirit killer Charm is fluffed as commanding the universe to kill someone double dead. So I tried to make a charm to wish for nuclear explosions.

...I got a Charm that gave me Past Life: Theion instead. The worst part is that when I try to argue with it, it fires back with some genuinely good ideas drawing on both our knowledge. In the specific field of being the king of the universe. Also dancing.

I have told none of my companions this. They must never know how I finally learned to pose.

And THAT is why the last time I was in Creation, I was struck with the urge to hide an indestructible, invisible box in the Games of Divinity that played THIS nonstop on full blast:

youtube.com/watch?v=b6uNvQich8g

I took the City from Blame there, and started growing it. Eventually our Dyson worlds passed a nearby planet of tsundere xenophobes that just happened to be suffering a metal shortage, and they started scouting our borders. Not like they were on patrol for our safety or anything. Idiots.

And we made contact with the Worm! Helped explain things, improved the species retcon terraforming process to avoid the ugly bits, built a space bridge to tow it's black hole along the growing City. Fun times!

Explaining all those baby time paradox-stable continuum hybrids was a bit awkward, though

...oh shit, they're dying out? That sucks.

Man, where else can you even get a thermonuclear space dragon anyway? No Shin, you don't count. All I can think of are the ones from near the Discworld, and they're much smaller than the Stellaris ones.

I have da queen
She know da way

>Man, where else can you even get a thermonuclear space dragon anyway? No Shin, you don't count. All I can think of are the ones from near the Discworld, and they're much smaller than the Stellaris ones.

Probably monster hunter.

Or zoo tycoon.

>Man, where else can you even get a thermonuclear space dragon anyway
You could use Shaping from Geneforge to make new ones.

I think one of them was that the ships were too small.

Given the weapons shown the combat ships seem like they would be salvaged destroyers or light cruisers which were over 100 meters rather than 50-70.

Also there are no ships other than the one with the cannon big enough to serve as parts of a floating city like Gargantia, no large cargo ships or oil tankers that could have some homes and businesses held inside.

Making the games of divinity too annoying for even the hopelessly addicted gods to play is a good idea

>...oh shit, they're dying out? That sucks.
The event card for them hypothesizes that the one you find, and its egg, may in fact be the last Star Drakes in existence.

>post a WIP when the thread number lines up with the year of first publication.
Hmm... Now ain't that an idea.

How nuts can you go with with Omega SMM?
Assuming I already have the prerequisite tech/biotech knowledge, could I replicate that stuff in my body?
Like, growing organic laser weapons and railguns and energy shields, or biological antigravity or whatever?

Apart from being immune to magic, just how dangerous are Outsiders from Dresden Files? And how much dakka do you need to kill them?

>destroyers or light cruisers
>over 100 meters
Those are main warship guns, they don't show up on small warships like that. More battlecruisers and battleships at 200+ meters.

Fuck, Forgot the pic

Speaking of Stellaris, is the creator planning on updating it with the new 2.0 version coming out soon?

Anything you can build with normal matter is theoretically fair game. I'm not sure about things like adamantine or antimatter, or mad genius inventions that don't follow the normal rules of physics, but afaik the only things stopping you from shapeshifting into a star destroyer are the time you'd have to spend turning into something that big and the complexity of having to build every single piece of it as you transform. A normal mutant wouldn't be able achieve it, but you're a jumper, 'normal' has been has been crying in the corner for a long while.

There are essentially no limits on OSMM except your own physical mass. As long as it's matter-based you could do it. Biotech is small time. Turn yourself into an animated statue of solid adamantium to become invincible, a giant made of superheated plasma, shrink yourself down to microscopic levels while retaining your original mass, explode your own body by splitting apart or fusing molecules together and then pulling your scattered body back together. It can even give you superhuman strength, speed, and implacability by simply willing your molecules to move in a given direction with more force than they should. So you could walk through solid steel like it's thin air simply by pushing your molecules forward and preventing them from losing shape, causing the steel to give while your body remains completely unfazed and maintains a continuous forward momentum. Shrug off bullets by doing the same, simply willing your molecules not to move. Phase through physical matter by vibrating your molecules through the gaps between objects.

The number of things you could do is nearly unlimited as long as you understand the physics of what you're attempting.

They're stubborn bastards, but not invincible. Dresden jacked up on the Winter Knight's mantle (so, ballpark around...Spiderman with the flu, maybe?) and Soulfire blasted one of their Walkers just enough to hurt, and then punched it in the face with ice knuckledusters until it ran away. Prior to that, it's main weapons were the psychic horror despair scream and turning into a giant whirling mop.

He eventually killed it with a soulfire shotgun round down the throat. Probably.

And the Wild Hunt (Wild fae and goblins and magical shapeshifting hounds led by a goblin who's performed a Darkhallow, also Santa "Odin" Claus) can fight an army of them. There ARE casualties, but they don't seem to do much other than flail their tentacles and maws and eldritch squiddy bits until they get chopped up. See, things like the mistfiend and the shoggoth from the comics seem to be outliers; the majority of the ones are just gross shambling uggos implied not to be that much bigger than a man.

Mind you, we've only seen the mooks and the Walkers, and every time they've been fought it's with ancient mystic foces whacking them in the face. And the fae ARE portrayed as much more competant overall than most of the vampires in the series.

Oh, and some wizards Michael was protecting confirmed the Sword of the Cross cuts 'em as easily as anything else.

...what period? A Majestic class battleship is 128m long, a Daring class (type 45) destroyer is 152m. Hell, if you can stomach a truly copious amount of USN bullshit the 180m Zumwalts are destroyers.

You can not imagine how annoyed I am that they are making Hyperlanes the default FTL.
That's the same fucking default FTL of most 4x games. I fucking LIKED Gates, they were something different!

Does the Reality Marble of the Archer class card heart conflicts with yours if you have one? And on that note, what perks would you recommend for having multiple inner worlds without turning into an insane eldritch abomination?

>A Majestic class battleship is 128m long
Definitely bigger than that, as it only has one main turret and the ones shown in the pic posted had 2-3.

Are they getting rid of the other FTL methods? If not, who gives a shit?

Are they at least giving the option to toggle whether or not the other FTL will be available at the start?

Probably WW2 era ships since their weapons are too large and numerous for earlier and that style of ship lost use after that general point in time.

Also they definitely aren't light cruisers or destroyers as those ships didn't have that kind of large turrets.

Yes. They are making "new" FTL methods that require specific research, and finding the right things to even unlock the research.

No.

Shadow Priest from Dota 2, maybe? Might just fuse your RMs. I think 1984 also has a perk that could let you reconcile your world views.

>needing rng to unlock the research rng
They should go back to making orc portrait packs, that's all they're good for.

That is fucking retarded.

What the fuck? Who's bright idea was it to remove/lock content like this?

For example, to unlock something akin to the Gate FTL you need to find a Wormhole that warps you across the galaxy naturally, so you can reverse engineer it.

The reason stated for this simplification of the FTL was "The various FTL types were really hard to balance, and Warp and Gate made fortresses useless because players could just bypass them."

Meanwhile fortresses are useless because they are hilariously underpowered.

It already includes basically everything from Japan, so you can expect pretty much every Japanese videogame to be present.

Nah, just not really fun enough to make yet it needed a lot of content to cover all the characters. Nowhere near as many nutbag characters to draw perks from like Street Fighter, despite there being a lot of people. Just wouldn't have come out very well.

>180m Zumwalts are destroyers
Oh you make me laugh

I was palling around with Odin for a while, and he IS the Way.

Not sure. My current chain's on a terminal halt till the Tsukihime (Jump) remake is done. Then I'll be able to start the New Chain which I actually have some inspiration for.

When I *do* get there though....probably going to design a form of life that can survive on barren worlds and laugh at all the dweebs fighting over the rocks in the goldilocks zone.

As this is anime and thus they're probably using Japanese stuff the smaller ships with two turrets on the front is most likely a Kongou or Nagato around 215 meters. No clue what the bigger ones with three turrets are though.

What are some good uses for the Transporter power in Worm?

DESU, modern destroyers and cruisers are pretty close to being the same. The only major difference is what they’re used for and what they’re called

>Also they definitely aren't light cruisers or destroyers as those ships didn't have that kind of large turrets.
Here's a WW2 light cruiser.

Yeah, and just shy of fifteen fucking thousand tons displacement. As I said, you gotta stomach a lot of bullshit for that to be a destroyer. Then again, the Japanese "helicopter destroyers" probably take the cake here. And what do you know, all of sudden we're starting to hear rumours about them buying the F35B, whatever use they could have for that...

It took flight III for the Arleigh Burke's to match the Ticonderogas, then the Zumwalt just slapped another 50% onto that straight up (just about when it was time for some new cruisers). They would have been cruisers if not for the fact that destroyer sounded a lot cheaper to congress.

Same here - I'm curious as to if they are doing it or not. I mean, I would work on it if I could, but I'd need to balance it out correctly for one.

Here’s another one.

Same placement but they aren't the same large barreled guns you see on both the Gargantia's defense fleet ships or real world battleships/battlecruisers.

...how did literally everyone in the world except the Zaibatsu forget they saw Kazuya transform into the devil?

Because DISTRACTION SATELLITE

BUT

BUT IT WAS SATAN

HE LITERALLY TURNED INTO SATAN ON CAMERA

Also I don't believe for a second that Heihachi actually died falling into that volcano. Come Tekken 8, there's gonna be a flashback where he did a blackflip out of the way at the last minute, or the angel gene nobody talks about anymore rescued him, or they rebuilt him as a cyborg

They're apparently fixing the fortresses by replacing them with Starbases. No idea why they didn't just buff their damage output or allow you to build them closer together.

As for the FTL, I prefer hyperlanes so I'm not too mad about this, but some of the changes their making to how hyperlanes will work sounds really stupid, and taking away options is even stupider. But I think it's best to just wait until the update comes out to make a final decision.

Also, for anyone who didn't know, it's possible to use an older version of the game by going into it's Steam properties and clicking on the beta tab.

I can only hope they hold off long enough for us to get the rest of the Mishima family plot done, between Kazuya and Jin.

>it's possible to use an older version of the game by going into it's Steam properties and clicking on the beta tab.
>there are people who would choose to be a beta
Sad!

>the virgin update sloot
>The Chad Beta

Choose wisely, young padawan

>tfw you're playing Prey and it's turning you into a fucking magpie who's trying to save everyone when you thought you would go full Typhon

Jumpers, who among y'all has played through some vidya or watched animu and found it changed how you would treat being in the setting?

The longer RWBY goes on, the less I'm sure of what to do and WHEN.

Just kill Salem, try to redeem/murderfuck Cinder, stop Emerald from being an idiot, kick Mercury in the dick. There you go just solved your problems.

PUNCHMONSTER HAZEL

I CALLED IT
IT WAS GLORIOUS

Okay, but when and in which order?

Kill Salem first. Just better that way.

Seems like a cool setting, might have to investigate on my own time. Also seems like a pretty good jump, so far. One question though; do Construct Ooloi posses the sensory tentacles that you mentioned in the Yashi perk notes?

So what are your recommendations for waifus for a perfect harem jumper? One character per recommendation please.

>yashi perk
I meant advantage, sorry. Probably just used to most thing I like being perks.

>pic