What are some things in games that make you feel good? Concepts, Character ideas, Settings, Events, Combos... ANYTHING

what are some things in games that make you feel good? Concepts, Character ideas, Settings, Events, Combos... ANYTHING.

There's way too much negativity on this damn board.

Other urls found in this thread:

draconick.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

butts
especially fat ones

Through ass, Unity.

>Religious types honestly just devoted to doing the most good in their communities they can.
>Thieves' Guilds
>Middle Eastern or African aesthetic/cultural influences
>Courtesans

Honestly, i'm a huge fan of some peace and quiet between adventuring. Getting some time off to explore the city, have a few drinks at the tavern, and dust off some old tomes at the library. Make my character feel like a living person who enjoys life and doesn't just move from one dangerous situation to the next.
Incidentally, I notice a good bit of negativity too here, and while that might be somewhat warranted, I try to keep a positive outlook on my tabletop gaming.
If you're interested in some of my slightly more positive views on things, I encourage you to go check out my roleplaying blog, which i'll go ahead and link.
draconick.com/

source on this thicc goddess?

also tough choices, dilemmas, in the plot really gets my dick hard.

you don't want the sauce. That's a cropped image.

I like it when games get better. When developers realize core problems and fix them despite hostility.

I know what I want user and I want sauce. I would really appreciate it.

I'm always a fan of ancient aliens/super advanced ancient fallen empires in fantasy. Just really activates my almonds.

I also love fantasy settings that look fairly standard until you look deeper and realize there's all kinds of weird shit. Stuff like Glorantha or TES

I like it when you dipshits manage to keep your hands out of your pants for a seconds and not post what you're currently beating off to. Maybe some of the negativity is generated by your terrible posts.

her feet are that bad huh?

does anyone have the japanese unity post screencapped?

Playing a Big Damn Hero

Sounds like you're the negative nelly

I’m a big fan of symbolism in games, because I’m a massive faggot. Symbolism and thematic depth make me feel good, but few symbols are more personally poignant that a big open plain, nothing for miles, and the sense of adventure, freedom, that it evokes.

I like expressions of creativity without worries about what thin-skinned fuck gets offended, without any trashy fetish shit, and without relying too much on anime/comics/television/movies/politics. Call me an escapist, but it's nice to have a part of the day where people aren't blathering on about how unpriviledged or oppressed they are, or how much what some doof on TV/Internet hurt their feelers, or rambling about how much they love or hate [shitty media franchise]. Keep the shit where it's appropriate.

i like it when everyone just goes along with a setting idea and not call it out for being "unrealistic" and instead call it cool.

i enjoy playing out the chunnibyou faggot snowflake shit that my inner 13-year-old anime fan would die of joy over. the power fantasies, the triumph of wills, all that bullshit.

struggles and success both make me feel good. losing even makes me feel good when it's dressed up and engaging.

It's hard to feel good about anything, really. It's hard to feel at all. No matter what you enjoy, it's "wrong," and also it's on its way to extinction.

I'm surprised anyone here isn't emotionally dead, for all the good keeping your metaphorical heart beating does.

The age of passion is past. Now is the age of judgement. I doubt any of us will live to see what comes next.

Being double proficient in perception, investigation, and insight; proficient in everything else besides animal handling, and half proficient in animal handling and all no-skill ability checks; all at level 3

Frankly, I can't think of a work of fiction that ISN'T a commentary on something, even if it's just "hey, wouldn't it be cool to live like this?" or "hey, I think this is hot."

The things you want to escape are too close to the core of the human psyche to hide from. It's why we're doomed.

I like designing comfy settings. I've been mulling over one idea for a long time.
>It's a world where the final battle between good and evil occurred
>Good won, but nearly everyone died and many cities were razed in the process
>As such, the world is brighter, calmer and more mysterious than ever before
>A few wizards survived the conflict and send young adventurers out to retrieve things for them from the ruins of the old world
>Dark magics such as Necromancy have been greatly weakened due to the gods of good strengthening the veil between worlds
>Wisps and auroras are fragments of the spirit world which can pass through the strengthened veil, the dead's last ditch effort to contact the living and settle their unfinished business
>Plenty of wilderness which is slowly being reclaimed by civilisation, but it's not without its threats

The idea is that it would be a setting driven by its characters, with lots of mysteries to discover and a focus on just having a good old fashioned adventure. There are plenty of ruins, wisps pass on messages begging for someone to finish their unsettled business and there are wizards who are keen to send some youths out on an adventure.

I like having cohorts to engage in shameless masturbatory ERP with.

I like your honesty.

Glorantha doesn't look that standard and TES if depicted accurately(so not Olblivion or Skyrim) also looks pretty bizarro.

Hexcrawl. I'm so excited to run one. Especially making the map and filling it with locations. It feels like making a giant dungeon. I can't explain it but it's giving me a giddy excitement I haven't felt since I started playing RPGs ten years ago.

I just want everyone to be on the level with what the game is like and run dumb shit to have fun.

Is having fun so wrong?

According to nu/tg/pol/, yes.