/swg/ - Dark Side Temptations Edition

Post about FFG, X-wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars Related!

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ (embed)
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png (embed)
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG (embed)
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Legion battlefield setup preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/5/battlefield-recon/

Armada MC75 Profundity preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/3/profundity/
Armada Chimaera Imperial Star Destroyer preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/8/chimaera/

What would tempt you or your character over to the dark side?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FCW_Vt35IzI
docs.google.com/document/d/1taT9gkyI9AD8YbRLRhkhh5FLWA-56kz5A71hC5yDyjU/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Best Jedi says hi.

Has there ever been a female Twi'lek force user that didn't dress like a tramp

I want to play a Sith, that's a complete badass but hires a bodyguard to guard him while he's shitting or out getting groceries.

A character I had was a padawan who survived order 66 because his master sacrificed himself to protect him from the commandos they were serving with. Went into hiding and was a decent fighter thanks to having served on the front lines, but at the end of the day it's an angry kid with force powers who's master has been killed and who is now on combat mode out for revenge. Anger and the dark side is an old love story. I could see him fall quite easily.

>What would tempt you or your character over to the dark side?
Hanging out with Rosh.

what races would you want for PCs in a star wars homebrew?

so far I've got Besalisk, Chiss, droid, human, Ithorian, Twi'lek, wookie and Zabrak

I really would not suggest playing Savage Worlds. It is a badly designed system with terrible meta-mechanics that encourage not only metagaming but ending session early, it also makes it near impossible for characters to fail at anything. The gun mechanic are broken, and literally do not make sense. The only thing it is good for is being a miniatures wargame, and it even sucks at most of that. Exploding dice make stupid shit happen constantly, the damage is way overkill for 90% of the threats allowing characters to one-shot massive creatures with tiny weapons. On the other end, characters literally cannot fail, because they have three bennies per session which allow them to reroll whatever the fuck they want (not damage rolls, to be fair, but still). And the GM is told he is a piece of shit if he doesn't hand out more bennies for "good roleplaying" (in other words, stupid nat20-lolz bullshit). Also the characters get to roll a wild die with their normal roll and take the wild die if it is higher, thus making them even less likely to fail at anything. Not to mention the cancer of the bennies being basically a safe-space for retarded character actions, CAN and WILL spread to other RPGs you play with this group. Just count down the sessions until your character asks during D&D after failing a roll "can I have a bennie"? No, get fucked faggot. Failure is an important part of RPGs and Savage Worlds throws that shit out the window.

But the best Jedi is the one mentioned I'm afraid, not the one who's doing the talking.Motherfucker.
youtu.be/FCW_Vt35IzI

Why aren’t there more fem-Sith?

How did he become so "renowned"? As far as I know he only appears in a single video game doesn't he?

So Mace then? Because your image says it's Mace sending greetings

Duros. I don't care if they're just blue ayys, I love them.

>Not Togruta, Aqualish, MonCal/Quarren or Duro/neimodian.
user pls.

Not in the cosplay world.

Xiaan Amersu

Yuthura Ban

And I know you said females, but for funsies I'll add Tott Doneeta.

He just happened to be that annoying.

Yeah, but how could you disappoint Kyle like that?

Poor man is so disappointed in losing TWO apprentices to the dark side.

How could you do that to Space Dad?

Somebody post that cute redhead Sith with the claw hand from a few threads back.

Why are most female Sith alien and not human? Could count all the female human Sith on one cyborg hand.

if you had to assign racial bonuses to a togruta what would they be?

>Why are most female Sith alien and not human?
Makes them look scary and weird.

General idea that woman represent kindness/weakness/not as ruthless as man.
Making them alien makes them easier to shape and distance them from that (conscious or not) idea.

Same reasons healers are stereotypically gentle women.

I dunno what they are in Saga, but in FFG Star Wars they're Brawn 1, Agility 2, Intellect 2, Cunning 3, Willpower 2, Presence 2, have 10+Brawn wound threshold and 10+WP strain threshold, get 100 XP to start, a free rank of Perception, and grant 2 boost dice instead of 1 when performing an assist maneuver ('cause they're pack hunters, see)

Now I'm imagining a soft sounding sweet talking sith healer, who styles herself as an angel of death with her test subjects

so this is what I've got for a homebrew so far

docs.google.com/document/d/1taT9gkyI9AD8YbRLRhkhh5FLWA-56kz5A71hC5yDyjU/edit?usp=sharing

its mostly cannibalized from X-wing TMG rules with some other stuff thrown in

thoughts?

Reposting this question from a few threads ago with more detail.

I'm trying to set up an Alliance Task Force for a campaign that takes place during the Coruscant Liberation campaign.

The Task Force is based around a single MC-80 class cruiser. It is designed to be multi-role, capable of anti-piracy operations, pacifying some Imperial holdouts, and screening for larger fleets. But it isn't capable of engaging in fleet actions by itself. The fighter complement it carries is a few X and Y wing squadrons, 2 B wing squadrons, a K wing squadron, and an early model E Wing squadron. I have a few of the officer npcs in mind as well.

Can I get any suggestions for what types of craft/officers might be found? Unusual/Imperial ships welcome.

I think if you want anti-piracy, you'll want some boarding crews to go and deal with the pirates too. Or something that can go fast enough to keep pace that is not a starfighter

How’s this for fucking around with starvipers?

I made some Sith on another board. You guys might like them.

>British accent
>Purple hair and color scheme
>Weird/impractical fashion sense
>Known for retreating
>Beats the villain by flying a vehicle into him

Holdo is literally Joseph Joestar.

But it was oh so satisfying to kill him and see your character become the new defacto ruler of the Remnant.

>3 lightsabers with 2 arms
damn that is silly

>Ion torps and bombs
I would rather run Thermal detonators with extra munitions. Maybe use the points to have an ion cannon over the autoblaster.

But I can see what you are going for with three sets of ion torps

Cool I’ll try both and see what sticks. Thanks for the input kind user!

you just blew my mind

every badass terror of a sith lord, from naga sadow to darth krayt to bane to sidious himself... they all took shits

they all had to take a break from their quest for power to go pinch one out

this changes everything

The force is female now, it can be made happy again with a credit card, shopping and sugary treats

>What would tempt you or your character over to the dark side?
pic related

We'll, pdf related is kinda that, in its own twisted way...

>ywn have a darksider plead for you to join them and rule the galaxy together.
Why even bother living

I'LL SHOW YOU THE POWER OF THE SWOLE.

This is the new Sith Lord that threatens the galaxy. Say something awful about her.

I want them to be happy. Anakin and Padme had me sighing at every turn but Reylo is pure.

She could stand to lose a few.

I can't think of anything worse than her polygon count

>Say something awful about her.

Can't be strong enough to rule the galaxy with -4 STR.

>implying late 90s to early/mid 2000s polycount doesnt make video games look absolutely A E S T H E T I C

HD models were a mistake.

thanks for shitposting and namefagging at the same time, now i know what to filter

>ywn have a darksider plead for you to join them and rule the galaxy together
I'd rather have Rey pleading with me to join her new Jedi Order, judging by pic related she'd be pretty good at begging

>Purple lightsaber
>Not yellow master race

It's like she wants to be mocked.

maybe she likes the color purple okay

The power of boners user. He does Dave her ass right after. What would the women do if they couldn't control is with sex I wonder.

>wanting a blade the color of piss

okay

For all the dumb stuff TLJ does, it completely nails some stuff.

>Everybody turning to watch Luke walk out alone to confront the First Order.

>"you think I'm going to come back and face down the entire first order with a laser sword!"
>mfw that's literally how the movie ends

Well. Technically he didn't.

I expected him to barge in his still wet and half destroyed X Wing, and indeed save the day, with crazy action and fuckhuge force powers. Instead we had force Skype and Force syncope.

>mfw that's literally how the movie ends
only from a certain point of view

>I expected him to barge in his still wet and half destroyed X Wing, and indeed save the day, with crazy action and fuckhuge force powers
the force is for knowledge and defense, never attack

"I want every gun we have to target that man!"
*One messy red crater later*
"Do you think you got him?"

The best defense is a good offence.

>never attack
Meanwhile, at Yavin

only a sith would corrupt a jedi teaching like that

The only genuinely funny line in the entire movie. Glad Hux had a single good moment.

Mace Windy says hello mothefucker. What matters is the use of the power not the power itself

Only Sith use absolutes.

he was a warrior at yavin, not a jedi

did you forget what he did later on?
>im a jedi, like my father before me

His Hitler speech in TFA was surprisingly good.

From a certain point of view.

>AND THATS WHY I CAN USE FORCE LIGHTNING ALL THE TIME BUT NOT BE EVIL
Yeah, okay, Steve.

>pic taken while DEFENDING a base.

Since you specified pirate hunting, Carracks are superb because they can run down probably 90% of pirate ships, being as fast as an X-wing. The DP-20, in addition to being a common rebel gunship is equipped with an absolutely starfighter/freighter slaughtering array of weapons.
For bigger enemies, the MC-80 should have a Dreadnaught or assault frigate, or perhaps an old Munificent or Recusant as a partner, and maybe also a bulk cruiser for limited fire support and carrying extra fighters since the Carracks and DP-20s can't

t. retard

As long as I don't kill Rosh I'm fine.

>defending a base by charging forward and attacking an AT-AT
Two can play at that game, user.

He's our resident Australian, you must be new here

Lets face it, why would you?

>defending yavin against the death star

hmm

How big should my pirate crew be to pillage with a Raider-class?

books were in the falcon etc

~100 people

A raider has a crew of almost 100 lads, so probably about 100 lads, depending on how you want to go about it. Might only need 20 if you do something sneeky breeki.

Might need to make this a pirate fleet instead of crew

Yeah, making it a raider and a few transports, plus maybe a few uglies would be a solid medium-tier pirate gang

Which Galactic Empire sectors would have shipping lanes ripe for the picking? Don't want to linger on the Outer Rim with... Mandalorians.

Be a man, raid the Chiss.

>tfw no half-crazed, time-lost Jedi waifu

Be a man, raid Sheev's personal vaults on Byss

Why not, what could go wrong?

>she's wearing a choker

>defending a base by charging forward and attacking an AT-AT
>Two can play at that game, user.

>A jedi should never swing their lightsaber, only block until the enemy gets tired

Don't you mean Wayland?

Now you're thinking like a Soresu master, user.

What would a lekku-job feel like? If I ran my dick right up in between those head tails, would it be similar to a tittyfucking? Are lekku soft like tits or more firm?

Considering that it's almost entirely brain matter, I would think it'd be pretty soft. Don't know how brains compare to breasts in softness, though.

>tfw didney gives us a high quality ben swolo to post