Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/changeling-the-lost-2nd-edition
theonyxpath.com/one-of-a-kind-deviant-the-renegades/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/a-midwintering-we-shall-go-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
What's the best DtF faction logo and why is it the majestic ass bird of the Reconcilers?
>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/all-souls-day-preview-geist-the-sin-eaters/
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/variations-on-a-theme

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/42229537/#42297308
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First.

I just happened to stumble upon a thread back when WoD was a lot more popular on Veeky Forums, and I learned a lot of good stuff in this thread. Also features a QA with DaveB.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/42229537/#42297308

>Have set routines that they don’t like to leave
>Throw shit fits when aforementioned comfort zones are changed in the slightest

Are Obrimos the autists of mages?

>What's the best DtF faction logo and why is it the majestic ass bird of the Reconcilers?

I don't remember what the logo looked like, but the Reconcilers themselves are a fairly good faction due to Torment being a demon that fucks up your Lores (a power that has a 50-50 shot at killing or healing someone is of questionable utility).

Ironically Lucifer is, himself, often portrayed as a Reconciler in DtF; although as ToJ explains, Lucifer's true motives and whether God and the angels are still alive or even present is up to the ST, with 9 total possibilities), which would mean there's mostly only 2 factions when you get down to it (Reconcilers, a mess of Raveners/Earthbound that probably aren't a coherent faction, and various independents, including Luciferians that will be sorely disappointed. ToJ even presents Lucifer as the source of the Imbued in the scenario in which he returns, surprisingly enough, despite that in the sidebar fiction he is portrayed as not knowing the source of the Imbued (and them being hostile to him). A lot of different possibilities.

Yes, but they make up for it with nice, broadly applicable Arcana (one that's good all around and one that kicks major ass when dealing with other mages), and having the most trustworthy Supernal entities.

What changed?

Rather a shame since Moros probably have the spells you'd expect of an autist; stuff that affects machines, golems, and ghosts (beings known for endlessly repeating the same event or drama and flying into a hysterical rage the moment they are interrupted).

Perhaps the OP people found out Pugville sold better than WoD? Or at least that's the opinion I've usually heard.

Honestly I think of this more as the glory days of WoD since both the new and old settings have the most supplements ever (by definition, which is admittedly disingenuous), but also are finally both being semi-actively supported.

Granted, progress will be glacially slow, but its very satisfying compared to the pace by which, say, Exalted is getting updated (are DBs even playable yet?).

The deviant preview seems neat (bet it's another race I can't play in the various WoD LARPs) though the theme of isolation seems to tread a lot on Promethean's toes, since in that book you're existentially hated. Sure, mutants might not be human any more but on the other hand they aren't literally hated by reality itself and every single human they meet. Thematically seems a little repetitive to me but on the other hand mutation and leaving humanity runs through most the races.

Larper gtfo.

The CofD rules don't really work great for a LARP.

They work just as well as any other tabletop converted to larp rules if not better. The draw 1-10 card plus stat is actually pretty good.

Its just Larpers are massive faggots.

The card system is great. Its just beats and conditions and the like that don't work so well. Also combat is kinda 1 shot and you die, (or a bunch of missing) which previous versions of NWoD LARP rules tried to discourage.

They all tread on each other's toes to some degree; all splats traumatize people when they show off their powers (even witnessing nonviolent supernatural phenomena is a Breaking Point at -1), just like Created, except the Created are the primary ones who suffer when their powers are used with witnesses.

Things can go south very fast with Disquiet but the Created actually have a decent shot of suppressing Disquiet whereas there's not much other splats can do about their powers causing Breaking Points.

Remind me again how Beasts creating Heroes works in the new version? Someone told me that Beasts don't create Heroes anymore in the finished version, but as I'm browsing through the core book I saw it mentioned in the Tokyo section.

I think the Tokyo stuff is in error and has yet to be fixed, not sure.

>Also features a QA with DaveB

Those days seem long gone. Dave rarely posts anywhere anymore. He claims it was unhealthy. He also seems to have abandoned the promised Mage FAQ. OPP's "Open Development" similarly appears to have effectively ended.

If you're very, very lucky, Dave may comment on the OPP forums or the CofD Discords on a topic of interest.

>Are Obrimos the autists of mages

#NotAllObrimos

I thought there was something in the final book about doing too well on a feeding role causing a hero to come into being?

Parlor LARP, not running around a park in costume.
At least, I hope that's the case.

The Tokyo section seems to say so, but I can't find any other reference.

anyone got the scion kickstarter pdfs?

>People asking of the quality of the general changed

Jeez.

Beasts don't create Heroes, but Tokyo and a number of Beast material was not revised for that last minute change.

How would your cabal of mages destroy this guy?

Unmaking + ES.

With his magic skills, he would certainly have an analogue of Shielding, and his dicepool would be huge.

Only in your head user.

This guy is from oWOD

And?

I know who the fuck it is. He doesnt have any "magic" being a vampire and all and would get bummed hard by any cabal.

> He doesnt have any magic
> Dark Thaumaturgy 7
> Thaumaturgy 4

>calling blood magic magick
>calling blood magic supernal magic

go home your drunk user

He can use Dark Thaumaturgy's Tyranny of the Wyrm (••••• House The Maeljin) to get get:

Auspex 10, Daimonion 10, Potence 10, Dominate 10, Presence 10...

>57355948

Or If he wanted to, he could raise his Dark Thaumaturgy to 9 and Thaumaturgy to 6 and still be able to get two other Disciplines to 10.

Scrap your stupid bait discussions. I have a game of Vampire Dark Ages game in three hours and I have literally nothing prepared. Give me ideas. Will provide more info if needed.

The party is two Salubri, an Anda and a diablerist with Auspex 7. They don't need to get along or survive. Just needs to be fun.

You can still protect yourself against Supernal magic with other supernatural forces, under Clash of Wills rules. Supernal doesn't mean "automatic successes against everything".

Not to mention there's precedence for vampires being able to counter True Magick (or any other mystical effect) with disciplines as per Bardo 2's Banishing Sign of Thoth:

The character gestures, turning aside any supernatural effect aimed at her. The source of the effect does not matter. She can thwart, or at least blunt, the strength of any mystical attack. This sign was supposedly taught to Osiris by Thoth, the Egyptian god of wisdom and magic. What Thoth actually was — vampire, mortal, or spellcaster — is lost to time.

System: The player spends a blood point and rolls Dexterity + Occult (diffculty 7). This power can be used to “dodge” any incoming attack of a mystical nature, including any Disciplines that target the character (whether or not they actually inflict damage). Any successes the player rolls are subtracted from the successes on the attacker’s roll. The sign does not serve to turn aside magically enhanced physical attacks; a punch from a vampire with the Potence Discipline still has the full effect.

Has any one the errata'd Jyhad diary?

Has the errata'd version of A Thousand Years of Night been released, and if so, has it been shared?

Which disc is giving a clash vs unmaking then?

Considering theres no Thaum or Damnonions in 2e.

Wheres the cruac or theban sorc ability that gives a clash vs death unmaking?

Are we also forgetting that a shit wannabe mage Sam Haight was gonna pwn the shit out of this thing?

A cabal in any version would fucking wreck it.

Baali with Bardo
Your argument is invalid.

Haight died against it, have you forgotten that?

Only because PC's got involved.

>Baali with Bardo

Tyranny of the Wyrm (••••• House The Maeljin) lets a Maeljin Incarna you host serve as proxy and grant you up to two dots on any arbitrary combination of Disciplines (to a total of 6 points)

Wow considering the effort you have gone to wank over this the fact any cabal of mages can kill it must really annoy you?

Stop baiting the newcomer

He doesn't know what he's doing

Where is Death Unmaking spell which makes vampire ash?

But it was honest to god hilarious seeing him throw a tantrum over Forces 9 kicking Caine's ass.

Im should really ignore this as you are obviously stupid for even asking.

Unmaking practice of Death. What more do you need to know. You never heard of creative thaum before faggot?

a single line and a copypaste, so much effort

Same with blood sorcery rituals. Just like spells in Mage book, those are just examples, there are many more. Including shielding rituals.

the frantic panic searching through all the books, sweat dripping from your forehead...you need to find that power or else your favorite fagboy is going to be deleted...quick quick..you have to find it.

Stop bullying him guys

Caine and an Archmage can become God with Forces 9 and Chirmestry 10 respectively, too bad Caine can do use his Discipline much faster than a archmage can cast his Effect :^)

shielding ritual from what exactly? Im curious.

What happens if a mage casts a Life Making spell on a vampire?

Wouldn't work because he needs Matter 2 to affect the vampire's undead patterns.

For the duration that vampire probably has to take a shit.

Attempts to supernaturally harm a vampire body with death-related effects (Death Arcana, Death Influence, etc), what else?

What fucking ST makes you need matter to affect vampires? Since when are they inanimate objects

>it takes an archmage one dot less to become god

You need to use a conjunctional Life 3 and Matter 2. It's been like that since Revised (check Mage Storyteller Handbook) and now it's in M20.

Just Like you need Life 3 and Spirit 2 to affect a werewolf's patterns. Or Life 3, Matter 2 and Spirit 2 for an Abominations'.

Archmage still loses :^)

You only need Death in Awakening to affect the Kindred, you ungodly imbecile.

Jesus Christ, previous threads threw hissy fits over Dave saying that Death can effectively counter any and all Disciplines.

>Unmaking spells are beyond inflicting direct damage with attacks; a successful Unmaking destroys the target >altogether.
Beyond harming. Bye Bye. Unmaking is not an attempt to harm it. Its an attempt to delete it. He's gone. Plus how is all these rituals still active when the other cabal member unmade them all with prime unmaking?
If that doesn't work then Temporal Stutter him into forever ever land. And he wont be coming back. Good luck trying to find a clash vs time via disciplines.

My cabal is all third degree masters btw, your faggot vampire is long gone.

Forgot to mention that he's no longer a vampire since we summoned him from his past as a human.

>Its an attempt to delete it.
Still resisted by Clash of Wills, just like other Unmaking spells.

>Plus how is all these rituals still active when the other cabal member unmade them all with prime unmaking?
Won't work on non-Supernal magic. Just like it won't work on Spirit Influences, Werewolf's Gifts, Geist Manifestations, etc.

>Good luck trying to find a clash vs time via disciplines.
>never heard of Temporis

>Still resisted by Clash of Wills, just like other Unmaking spells.

Re-read Primes purview again.

See the part that says: magic? not supernal magic, but magic...

Let that sink in.

Sorry, but making a difference between "harming" and "deleting" is beyond retarted. As to be expected from Magefag.

Unmaking isn't Clashed - It's Withstood.

The fact Prime mage armor protects vs all magical attacks means Primes purview of ANY magic a valid one.

Not if there is protective supernatural power. And not even then in some case. For example, Spirits Clash attempts to Unmake them.

Banning rituals (level two or higher;) as per V20 Dark Ages Companion:

"Where wards (see V20 Dark Ages, pp. 305-306) hinder mundane intruders and thieves, bans target supernatural powers such as Disciplines and the mortal magic the Tremere once practiced. Without bans, the Tremere would have been at the mercy of mortal Hermetic sympathetic magic, which can annihilate enemies from vast distances...

Powers within the category cannot affect a banned object, or cross the threshold of a banned space in either direction, but may still be used within it..."

If Banning rituals is bought at level 10 it can block all magic from affecting a certain area up to 9 etc.. and so on, it blocks magic from the level the ritual was bought n - 1.

Guys guys. I know what to do.

Forces 9.

Which part of Clashing means we were talking V20 dark ages?

>protects vs all magical attacks
Umm... nope.

>any supernatural effect that deals direct damage
So it doesn't resists attempts of vampires to Dominate you, for example. Also, if your theory was true, Universal Counterspell would counter any magic, not just Awakened spells.

Vampires aren't spirits.

Gee, I wonder why Prime Mage Armor runs head-on with all brands of magics then?

This started from people discussing how a cabal of mages could kill Shaitan, which is a vampire from oWOD...

>Vampires aren't spirits.
They aren't, but there are no reasons why they can't have their own magical shield. Except that it would hurt magefags sense of superiority, of course.

How is he doing anything as a human? He got summoned from the past into the present and now resides in the body of his mortal self. Im stumped as to how he is doing any of this shit. Please explain.

How does one go about verifying how well certain books/lines sold? Ice always been curious how OPPs different works compare to each other but the best I have to go on is medals on drive thru, which doesn't really tell me anything

Could work, if and only if the archmage could cast before than the vampire could use his powers... too bad he cannot unless the vampire allows him too...

You choose the order you think is right and then thats correct. Thats what everybody else does.

Too late the force of 'I go first' was already made :^)

>The spell does have limits, however; it cannot bring the dead back to life or undo transformation into supernatural beings, though it still changes the subject physically - a vampire returned to “childhood” becomes a vampiric child

Guess what, with his stats he doesn't care if he is child or not, you are still getting rekted. Also, Thaumaturgic protective rituals.

It's still so jarring to see the shift in quality this place has been through. Like I remeber being here in like 2013 or sometime and all this splat war stuff was nowhere to be found, and now it's nearly ever present

>prime doesn't work on non supernal magic

Staying in these threads is pretty unhealthy. We went from Aspel arguing with people and people arguing with Aspel for hours on end to people shitflinging and arguing about Mage supremacy for hours on end.

Dave gets it worse because he's one of the writers, so people blame him (or at least give him some of the blame) for Mage-related shitflinging.

The last time Dave posted was when the whole sexual harassment shitstorm happened, and when Matt McFarland got blacklisted over sexual misconduct from years and years ago.

Dave was apparently friends (or at least a coworker on friendly terms with him, so finding out his friend apparently raped a teenager probably fucking sucked.

>(are DBs even playable yet?).
The book is currently compiling art that's been contracted out to artists, so it'll probably be another month or two.

t. someone who's been waiting to run a DB game for some time now.

What shit are you quoting user

>While this cannot remove the supernatural Advantages of creatures born to their condition (like werewolves, spirits, or >demons),creatures transformed at some point during their lives, like
>vampires or changelings, can briefly experience life as though
>they hadn’t been changed.

I use Imperial Unmaking

Can't defend against that without other acts of Imperium

Thinking that is the only Unmaking Prime spell there is. Magic purview = All magic...

Yes. Unmaking can Unmake ALL magics. Clearly.

Dunno' why the vampfag is so butthurt about it.

>Purview: Magic, the Supernal World, Nimbus, truth, Yantras, Mana, Hallows, tass, resonance, revelation
Pretty sure that means regular old imbued items my boy.

How did the archmage make that Force first? Auspex 10 would have let the vampire see the mage casting it regardless of where he was in the world (Umbra or otherwise, with Spirit Manipulation 5), then Dominate 10 would let him steal the mage's character sheet :^)

Time 10? If the vampire has multiple disciplines at 10 then the AM also has multiple spheres at 10.
Spheres > Disciplines always.

Nope. Nothing is specifically said about imbued items. Just 'magic items', which isn't exclusive to Mage.