Why does your character visit nobles and attend fancy balls while in full armor and carrying weapons and big bags?

Why does your character visit nobles and attend fancy balls while in full armor and carrying weapons and big bags?

Why not try dressing for the occasion?

I assure you it's quite normal for nobles of a militaristic inclination to wear a cuirass to a ball.

Because the only reason a PC will be at a fancy Ball is because combat will happen.
If there was going to be no combat, it would not be interesting enough to have a proper encounter for your regular murderhobos to attend.

it's too bad you or your GM run things like that.

Because my character is a knight, so being in uniform is part of the pomp and circumstance.

Because my character visits nobles is to either kill them, hand them a macguffin or to be a absolute asshole and ruin their lives.
As for fancy balls, most likely for the latter reason.
It's only on the rare occasion that the Noble is someone they respect that they actually wear fancy clothing.

He did. Once. They let him go to the tailor and pick whatever he wanted. He picked this.

He's not allowed to dress fancy for events anymore.

What do you think your charisma stat is for?

casting spells?

1. The only reason PCs would visit nobles is to get a job
2. If the PCs are attending balls and visiting nobles for other reasons and are armed and armored without being guards, you can bet your ass my NPCs are going to be saying "The fuck you doing bro?"

Saves.

...you don't have sessions that are mostly character and NPC interaction?

Because by wearing a power armor I show them how influential and rich I am.

I'm a monster slayer and a problem fixer, not a noble fluffer.

Sometimes you gotta rub elbows with noble manchildren to get info or case their house.

Sometimes problems get solved with talking.

That's what Roughues and spellcasters are for.

Every problem that could be solved by talking can be solved quicker by violence/avoidance.

>needing to dress up on something different for a fancy ball

So this is how peasants adventure, I see. Well, my character has no need to change clothes. The usual ones are far better than what most nobles are wearing anyway.

>Implying

I tell my players that they NEED a formal wear and I also tell them that unless they expect a battle in character, they’re not geared up, it has brought occasions where the wizard has to use a lamp as a staff and the fighter use a broom to hold off enemies

Fuck you, you don’t know my character. He is the talk of the nobility not only for the jewels he makes but also his impeccable attire.