So if you could make a tabletop game about anything; what would it be about Veeky Forums?

So if you could make a tabletop game about anything; what would it be about Veeky Forums?
Complete creative control that is, RPG, wargame. card or boardgame, anything at all.

It'd be a real world simulator. Roleplaying things too dangerous to do. Like overthrowing the goverment.

And when you win enough games YOU PUT IT INTO PRACTICE.

But I can already do that? I don’t understand the premise

Hybrid RPG, Cardgane, Wargame. Where both individual characters and units are defined by what cards they have/give, and players come together it form an army in a deck building exercise.

competitive tabletop
>Each player is their own mercenary band/company
>Main objective is to "buy out" the other players' merc band
>adventures and quests give gold
>gold gives equipment, recruits, or buying other players' mercenaries
>every turn they have to pay upkeep wages for their mercenariea
>If a player goes bankrupt he'll have to sell one of his mercenaries to a player, if none pf the players can afford said mercenary, said mercenary goes "freelance" and is removed from the game
>If a player goes bankrupt with only one mercenary left, he is removed from the game

This works better as a board game.

And freelance mercs can interfere with operations you're trying to run and scoop jobs from players.

I would support this on Kickstarter.

Well it wouldnt be an RPG like d&d or pathfinder bit it would be more pen and paper
>quests streamlined to make the game go by quicker
>how high a stat is above a base number determines how many bonus skills merc gets
>how low a stat is below a base stat determines how many negative attributes a merc gets
>quests generally revolve around at least one saving roll, which is affected by the bonuses/disadvantages your party has
>simple quests will have one versus complex will have several
>every 10th round an "open contract" is available
>players write down a "bid" of how low they are willing to be paid to go on said adventure
>player with the lowest bid gets the contract

You could probably do that in Frostgrave with some rule tweaks for buyouts.

Would it require a GM?

Not required but Im sure if one is willing could play the role of narrator or even playing as npc mercs

I'd make a game about a cyberpunk future where magic and magical creatures like elves and orcs exist. The player characters would be drawn from the lowest dregs of society, outsiders who don't fit inside the mold created by the megacorps who control the day to day lives of everyone on the planet, and so they find work as wildcards, trouble shooters and blackops-for-hire.

So I'd make Shadowrun, only the lore wouldn't be stupid, the rules wouldn't be an overly complicated clusterfuck, the editing wouldn't be an attempt to PREVENT people from playing the game and I would actually pay my writers.

Isn't there a rules-light version of Shadowrun that does away with more of the complicated stuff?

I always wanted to do some sort of Barbarian themed game where you play in a home gym, and do various exercises instead of roll dice to determine outcomes. Marathon sessions would double as grueling workouts. Leveling up would be done with actual strength gains and PRs.

Then i remembered that non of my friend are Veeky Forums and would never play with me.

so homebrewed shadowrun, got it

That's Shadowrun Anarchy. And It's still an overly-complicated poorly-edited clusterfuck that leaves so little out you may as well just play the full game so you have access to everything.

if you socal id love to give it a shot with you desu, im in shape but want to get Veeky Forums

Dominions based game.

I'm already making one, since I make tons of games already anyway.

Oh so it's like the fun parts of monopoly.

A competitive CCG based around draft format. Players are required to bring a number of their own cards plus open a fresh pack each game and draft with their opponent each game. Zero card rarity, all cards are common, cards you get in the draft are yours to keep.

Cards are destroyed as part of the game, cut in half to twin effects, edges clipped to keep track of numbers, etc.

exactly, but instead of predetermined property its randomly generated mercs