Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Retro Edition

Previous Thread: Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/RcYLw0az

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

robhawkinshobby.blogspot.com/2016/02/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wheres the new death release

>reposting
now that the front is basicly done, any Idea what to do with the back to lessen the SCE look?
is it even necessary to do anything, maybe just fill the muscle-gap like on the front?

xth for Grand Alliance: Death 2.0

KAZUKAN KHAZAKIT HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Repostan'.

I have a random question and hope someone can help me out with an answer. Does anyone have the ability to do a side-by-side comparison of Greatswords next to some Greenskinz or third party orc models? I'm just wondering if the big poofy sleeve arms would be transferable for a conversion army I have on the backburner. I know that standard human arms would look way too weedy on an orc, but would the added bulk of the poofy sleeves help to make it look a little more natural?

And if not, is there an easy way to make landschneckt sleeves and those starfish caps out of greenstuff? The caps seem like they'd be easier enough, but I'm at a bit of a loss for the sleeves.

>playing legacy shit.

>lord relictor coming before actual death release

In the last thread I received opinion about Spiderfangs - thank you spider anons.
If there are any Nighthaunt players I would be truly grateful for a brief summary of ghosts and their gameplay in 1000pts games. Pic related is my list and the purchase plan - is it any good? I know that mourngul is a good model for NH but I'm not a great fan of this sculpt so I would rather stick with smaller spooky dudes

>Not playing a secret game of rogue trader underneath the table
w/e soypol.

If you don't like the Mourngul sculpt, just use something else. My buddy uses two, and one of his is a 2spoopi wendigo model for his second to keep from playing the same shit.

And I hope I don't have to tell you this, but don't even look at the black coach.

>Not playing a game of space hulk under the table while smashing shit with your dawi

Lexicanum needs your help getting everything up to date with Age of Sigmar. Please join us and helps us make a great wiki.

>but don't even look at the black coach
Yeah, I'm aware

Nigga, show me how the fuck your getting all the shit out of a mortis engine, aside from the banshees

Seraphon are cute! CUTE!

If you filled it on the front, fill it on the back

Thats right bitch.

Aren't there these small reliquaries to use?

What about cutting the lower jaw of the leftover stormcast heads and create small reliquaries with them with cut paper or greenstuff flowing out of the mouths?

maybe they just don't need anything there though.

will do this and post pic here
yeh, but im trying to get them to look less like SCE

How many khorgoraths is too many?
They seem so cheap points wise for what they do

Oh, and the Mortis Engine is actually an amazing ally piece.

Alright so I have the starter box of Pestilens, an old metal Queek Headtaker, and plan on getting a verminlord corrupter, where should I go from here to have a fun(!) list to play with?

Not opposed to having Nurgle allies as they'd be fun to paint

whacha workin' on /aosg/?

I just primed my drakodiak guard fulminators. do you think the riders plus their little backpacks and shield on the back of the bears are enough gw product for the conversion or should I add more bits?

So far they look exactly like SCE, except without pauldrons. Good job.

You can not ally mortis engine with Nighthaunt

>look less like SCE
but purity seals look cool

I dont get this reference.

Longbeards

How scary is a bloodletter bomb actually going to be?

I'm SO friking hyped for the idea of a Moonclan Grots Battletome! (or a Grots in general one, maybe)

I hope we eventually get it this year!

Alright, I have the Pestilens starter box, an old, metal Queek Headtaker which got me into this mess in the first place, and plan on getting a verminlord corrupter as suggested. Where should I go from here to reach 2k and have a fun(!) list that won't just get squished?

1k list is the starter box, verminlord, and queek, in games proxying the verminlord so far I've been trying to use my synergies to their fullest while sending Queek off like a deranged bottle rocket to distract the opponent or take out a key piece, which actually works better than I thought and he usually earns his points back and more even though he's a bit of an odd one out

Not opposed to having Nurgle daemon allies because the models look fun to paint

These are going to be the best stormcasts.

good work making his eyes look to the side, and I always like dispossessed models. looks like yours is ready for some washes

No errata for this - you can not ally mages with ghosts

indeed they do
Even if they are going to be the shittiest stormcasts, Im still going to be proud of them, since they were done with the effort of all of you!

If you're running Nighthaunt. But if you're willing to sacrifice your summons to run S O U P, it's nice enough.

I don't what is changed but they look way better than the original. Whatd you do?

Not home but my elves and some freeguild dudes

so far i filed away all their symbols (lightning strikes hammers etc.), I filled the gap between their muscles on the front, I left away their big pauldrons, I swapped the shields with their round ones, I clipped the lightning on the sword crossguard, and I left away the head (which is planned to be swapped to wildwood ranger hoods)
everything but the head was submitted from you guys! Thank you again for that!

>Not getting a handjob under the table from your DM

Lmao

>But if you're willing to sacrifice your summons to run S O U P
Not really at this point. I would like to keep my army homogenic and make use of the Allegiance Abilities if it has any desu. Maybe the new battletome will change it but for now I would rather stick with pure NH

Oh, sorry, I thought you were one of the idiots a few threads back who said that you could cut apart the Model to make spirit hosts and a wraith.

I am honestly scared of shading.
Every time try it never turns out right.

But user, I am this guy. You can actually chop this model into pieces but you really have to be experienced with modeling and working with greenstuff. I don't find it worth it but as you can see some people are trying their best

robhawkinshobby.blogspot.com/2016/02/

How do you do it?
3:1 wash:water, let it settle in the recesses. two or three layers, then come back with two very thin layers of your base coat (avoiding the recesses) to bring it back up, then highlight?

nuln on the silver and beard and red and blue
1:1 argrax on face
reikland fleshshade over golds
imo

I need to take all this specific shit and then the battalion still cost 160 points?

Fug this.

>first memory is awakening in a body of flesh and blood and reaching for air out of the waters, welcomed by your similars into a city of living beings carrying out all sorts of jobs and hobbies when daemons, the enemy, attack.

>"you've got to kill the daemons" was proclaimed, so we went marching for war in the jungle.

>fight monsters spawning and behaving beyond logic and imagination but the battle is washed over by anarchy in its purest form and we are dragged in their realm of chaos.

>"you've got to kill the daemons" was proclaimed, so we kept waging war in the warp.

>kill and flee and fight and kill again, for so long we hunted them and were hunted by them that time could only be measured by the brothers we had no more in these hellish landscapes, until so were I, no more.

>first memory is awakening in a pool of blue and dark and reaching for light out from the skies, called forth by your lord into an army of vengeful beings carrying all sorts of tasks and weapons, when daemons, the enemy, we attack.

>"I've got to kill the daemons" I proclaimed, so I stood up again to do what my blood told me to do

>"No, skink, you're the daemon",
was proclaimed and so, then, skink was a seraphon.

Yeah, battalions almost across the board got a massive hike in point costs which is theoretically balanced out by reducing the price of units and the inclusion of the discount for full-strength units (though only some gets those). Like I mentioned in the last thread, the Realm Reavers battalion that is basically standard for Scourge Privateers got a 100 point increase yet with the discounts to Corsairs and the full-strength discount, they can actually fit in more Corsairs while running two 180 point battalions than back when they were just 80 points.

Soon

Old picture, two wraiths and three spirit hosts and ive still got loads of spare bits to use.

>3spoopy5me

Neat, that makes the SC box actually worth it.
Anyway, if you could tell me something about NH, their gamestyle, how newbie-friendly they are etc. I would be indebted to you
This is my plan for them

>tfw you realize that even after buying 2 Anvilgard boxes, you'd still need another 80 Corsairs to get to a full 2000 point list
The extra fleetmaster and chariot are inconsequential, but Christ, at $25 for 10, that's $200 of purely Corsairs.

Take some Darkling Covens, Daughters of Khaine, Order Serpentis, Shadowblade allies m8.

I'm about to watch the Malign Portents stream with Phil Kelly.
I hope there's good shit.

Buy kairic acolytes and convert them into sexy pirates

Link?

>read my FEC battletome
>get hungry

Fuck

Lord celestant is getting a new model

Still trying to figure them out, in the games I've done the spirit hosts do the most work while the Wraiths run around.

bits are fun

You need a subscription.

That's pretty Nito

[rattling intensifies]

>read about dispossessed
>get grungni

Fuck

>come back to AoS after months
>look at new Nurgle releases
>look at my army
>Blightkings cheraper and buffed
>Plague Drones cheaper
>Lord of Plague more expensive but massive fucking buff
>Nurgle-marked Chaos Warriors available in units of 5
>Rot Fly-cavalry and a Hero on Rot Fly
>new Hero whose Command is basically 40k's Miasma of Pestilence

Golly, the army I've been lovingly building and converting since the very beginning of AoS is finally good.

By the way, have the stats for the Rot Fly-riding Hero been leaked yet? Can only find the unit.

This is dope, ive been thinking about trying to make my own mournghul. this has inspired me, thanks user

Neato Nito-Mannfred

>Hector Fiveskull, Blademaster of the Wightbones

That is dope as fuck.

>come back to AoS after the winter break
>look at new Nurgle releases
>look at my army
>can't summon plaguebearers anymore
>massive loss in utility
>no good options among allies to fix this problem
>I'm worse off
>feels bad

Don't really see much need for utility I suppose. We have ded 'ard Blightkings with 4 wounds apiece now, Plague Drones and Rot Fly Blightkings for speed, Plague Ogres and Bile Trolls for punch and a plethora of support heroes. And if shooting becomes at all necessary, Plagueclaws still exist.

Gutrot outflanking Blightkings is a decent substitute for summoning Plaguebearers desu

>"It's the realm of death, not the realm of undeath, Nagash seems to have got the two things confused."
>- Phil Kelly

Nagash confirmed brainlet.
Deathfags BTFO.

Y'know, Pestilens is kinda fucking retarded in the new cosmology. Now the Horned Rat's a big-dick true Chaos God sitting right up there with Khorne and Nurgle, it seems more than a little bizarre than you have the HK's very own chosen people summoning in one of his competitors demons.

wish GW had a Silver Tower paint set with appropriate proportioned pots for each color, I want to buy and paint it but I haven't painted a mini in more than a decade since I was a kid painting up lotr stuff so I have zero supplies and don't really feel like spending hundreds of dollars more on top of the game

Tell me, is there a chance to score something with this list? I will not get any more models for a long while so it will be hard to change anything here - maybe manipulate allegiance abilities. I still have 2 warpfire thrower weapon teams (70pts each) and a converted Arch Warlock (140pts)

Allegiance: Skaven Skryre
Warlock Engineer (100)
- General
- Trait: Overseer of Destruction
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector
3 x Stormfiends (300)
3 x Stormfiends (300)
1 x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (60)
1 x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (60)
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Wounds: 53

But user, there are small paint bundles for 40k and AoS with 3ml paint pots

What is that even supposed to mean?

Death is not the same thing as undeath.
In fact the two things are kind of opposed.

I've seen those, but they are lacking a lot of colors, would be a good starting point I suppose, expand from there with the other colors I need, the thing is I don't plan on getting into the hobby per se, I just want the warhammer quest stuff, maybe a model here or there to add to the quests as new heroes or exotics, and a ton of the paint I'd buy would just go to waste

If they haven't, they have now, I guess.
Please excuse the shitty quality of my tablet's camera.

Nagash is the fucking god of death; he can do what ever the fuck he wants.

He's right though, Undead are the product of Dhar, or dark magic. The amythst order understood this, as does the collegate arcane. Death should be about the conjuring of souls, and other such powers. Nagash probably has twisted the state of the realm for the worse; But Nagash has always been a bit of a shitlord, and thats why I love him.

Are bloodthristers good enough to run even if I dont have that many daemons to take advantage of the charge shenanigans?

Hey /aosg/,

I wanted to share some pictures of my army/bois because why not. They're not the highest quality pictures.

Share pics of your armies too plz. I wanna see some juicy squads plz.

I N T H E B O O K

So Fyreslayer user here, putting the finishing touches on my list and pricing shit out. How's it look? I'm feelin real bad about the missing 60pts but I don't even know what I could slap in there to make up for it either. Ideas?

Allegiance: Fyreslayers
Auric Runefather (80)
- General
- Trait: Fury of the Fyreslayers
- Artefact: Obsidian Coronet
Auric Runeson on Magmadroth (240)
- Ancestral War-axe
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Forge Key
20 x Vulkite Berzerkers (240)
- War-Picks & Slingshields
10 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (200)
- Poleaxes
5 x Auric Hearthguard (100)

Total: 940 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 58

Still haven't settled on a theme/backstory but I came up with something since last thread
>Realm of Life
Refugees from a lost hold taken by Chaos, flee into Ghyran and try to strike anew. They succeed for a time and manage to cultivate the wilds mostly out of stubbornness. Alarielle takes notices of them, and subtly begins edging them into war with Nurgle, to protect the realm from Chaos. They oblige, eager to take vengeance on their fallen people. Going with a more classic Slayer feel than GOLD IS EVERYTHING REEE. Thinking normal colored skin, bright green blades, wooden weapon detailing with bright gold. Unsure on hair color currently. Probably paint the Magmadroths like crocodiles.

Most honourable army in AoS?

Here's my juggerlord. Yes, there are mold lines along the leg. Yes, I am going to kill myself.

I thought I had removed them but I found after basecoating that I didn't scrape hard enough.

Greenskinz.

>Read my BCR battletome
>Get a cold

Fuck

SCE

Do we have any ETA on Legions of Nagash?

I think your paint job looks great. People on this board are jack asses.

Great looking army, user. I'd post my fyreslayers but then be chastised for one thing or another.