The "Pay Per Booster" dickhead is at it again

This dude posted here like a week or two ago offering to pay people per booster or something. What's he fishing for? He's now offering to pay for people's pizza and shit, lol. Has anyone actually emailed this guy?

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/dmg/d/magic-the-gathering-receive/6454428271.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X8zv8irGIvU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He's probably fudging numbers to be considered an LGS by wotc. Doing that gets him the exclusive products that aren't sold at big box stores as well as access to promos.
That's usually what the " I pay you to play magic with friends" people are doing

Man this is sad....

Huh, cool. If he's fudging the numbers then good for him. If he's doing data then this is a clever way of doing it. I don't see what the problem is on any level since you don't need to actually interact with the guy.

I'm not really sure why you can't just make up data to give to him or why he doesn't just make it up himself.

is he looking for numbers on playgroups and Booster/singles/whatever numbers? I'm interested for more information, if his wording wasn't garbage.

It sounds like just the number of boosters you buy or whatever, lol.

got an update response, it still seems generally fishy.

If he has ocd and wants to pay you maybe you could charge him per hour to let him count your cards.

Dude, this is a PayPal fishing scheme. Don't fucking do it.

Assuming he doesn't ask for more than your PayPal email address, how is it a fishing scheme? PayPal wouldn't work if it were that easy.

>WHO I'M LOOKING FOR: I'm seeking a group of Magic players who play games together every week or so. These could be games of Commander/EDH, Modern, whatever.

Okay.

>You must be profit oriented and creative.

what

>You must be profit oriented and creative.

Literally what

user reporting in. I'm considering cutting the cord, I'm not sure how I would even keep track of the games

He's obviously a pedophile trying to get access to children, typical for the current year magic community.

This is such a fucking weird cragslist ad that I'd honestly expect to get stone cold murdered if I ever showed up at his place. Like, "let's charge our jackoff crystals, no gay stuff" is legitimacy itself compared to this.

The most charitable reading of this I can think of is that it's what said, he's trying to get sales proof to use to get himself considered a store by WotC. That's like the best case scenario here. Everything else goes downhill from there, including what he actually claims (that he's mentally ill and just likes people charging him money, in which case you'd be abusing a headcase).

this user seems to be correct in his assumptions. I do wonder how far this could go.

Did he give you anything other than a name? Like his email or something? Rex is pretty uncommon. Just curious if there's a mugshot anywhere.

The fact that he wants a certain amount of people certainly points towards the LGS scam theory. That's almost a relief, because that's a motive I understand: He wants his hands on WotC's special promo stuff without having to start a real gaming store.

Taking part in that is probably safe, as long as you take care that he doesn't find out your real address? Maybe? Still spooky as fuck, I wouldn't take the risk for what's pocket change in the end but your call.

probably last post unless anyone else wants me to forward something. I asked him about the potential fraud like said and this was the only response.

Nothing interesting when you google it...

I don't know what it is but this shit gives me the creepers m8.

Maybe you ask him to send you a test payment to show that he's for real. Use a paypal.me link instead of giving him your email. Good job by the way scoring his email. I'd be pissed if someone shared my info on Veeky Forums, lol.

this guy kinda gives me the jibbilies. but considering how optimist and idealist i am, i'd like to imagine he's just some turbo OCD guy that gets off on magical number crunching.

Could also be looking to dip his toes into findom.

I still think someone should have him prove he's serious by having him send a modest payment over paypal. That's just me though.

If he's on the level, he wants people who aren't going to get bored and bail. He can rely on people who want the money to stick around while the money is good. Creative is similar; He wants you exploring the game, not just showing up to net-deck and run the combo of the month.

On the other hand, if he's trying to game WOTC or other people, he might be looking for a mark or partner for it that can be assuaged or blinded with the money involved.

If this were real, I would make a counter offer. $5 per decklist and a $10 per week pizza stipend. The only evidence he needs is a picture of the pizza. Take it or leave it.

>that he's mentally ill and just likes people charging him money

Sounds like a patio furniture sales man.

Or, if he's serious about the OCD, why not make him pay you a pizza stipend and have him reimburse you for other snacks. He can keep track of the kinds of pizza you order, what snacks you buy. Why does it have to be cards. He even says that a big part of this is tracking what he owes and what he pays (lol).

What the fuck is wrong with you people? Some sad fuck iwth a lot of money wants to pay you to tell him your gaming stories and you all be hating instead of profitting off of his shitty life? Also seriously if you are afraid to give people your paypal email you might as well just delete your account, he doesn't need to do this shady shit to get some paypal emails, there are so many easier ways.
If i played MTG i would do it desu.

He probably needs actual receipts.

honestly i'd do it personally but i dont have a paypal account and cant be bothered to make one because it takes weeks in canada since you need to check when they put in a tiny amount of money and stuff and i kinda already have an account but lost my password and i'd never have a use for paypal so i dont bother.
Also i think i might be too frugal with my money to really give him much data. i only ever buy boosters at prereleases and only buy singles when making new decks.

>every nerd in Minnesota lives near the Cities

This is the most interesting shit I've seen on here in months.

I am almost conviced of this aswell. Because :
>He wants "proof", which probably means he needs the receipts (or at least pictures of them)

>The fact that he wants a certain amount of people certainly points towards the LGS scam theory

>Doesn't answer the question when confronted with it.

Pretty obvious that he's playing retarded in order to bait people that are a little naive when it comes to emotional manipulation.

so do i ust need to show this guy a receipt? what's the worst he can do if i give him my paypal email?

Can probably sniff out your address if he really puts an effort to it.

This guy tried to pull out the same thing 2 years ago, I don't know if anyone accepted or posted results. He sound suspicious, but that's not a bad thing after all since his actions/plans don't hurt the comunity or product whatsoever.
Im more concerned about you guys, you usually ignore this stuff.
Are you looking for another scandal or story to spam to death on the first page?
Please reconsider and go back to opening your booster packs

>enabling mental illness
If he wants to throw his money away, tell him to get into MtG "investing" like Rudy from Alpha Investments.

youtube.com/watch?v=X8zv8irGIvU