Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1989: Star vs Jumpchain Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kdmNpwzw4Ks
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_NB5luxtic
youtube.com/watch?v=o2AxR-JbIaQ
typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Maiko_Yamase#Maiko_Yamase
youtube.com/watch?v=hvRzjU_xiv8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well, that confuses me, as I talked about it on the IRC, and they seemed to say that it was more likely for me to get it. Or maybe those who said it was as mistaken as you believe I am.

You could always go back in the archives and read the problems. Someone detailed some here though.

Funny that the IRC says that when Red was happy to treat it otherwise when Val wanted to do Bayonetta.

>Everyone's always going to want to be a heaven-piercing giga drill
>not a heroic Uzumaki monster reversing the flow of the Spiral and giving the anti-Spiral the immortality they want as consciousnesses trapped in a nightmare singularity

Nope. We don't have any "standards" for claiming something, just an unofficial time limit after the jumpmaker stops posting before other people can make the attempt. Even if someone appears to be shitposting, the claim is taken seriously, as seen during the Bayonetta fiasco.

Can't we just talk about fun things?

The issue I took with it when you first presented the idea is that, despite all the bullshit around it, TATARI is still just a RM. The reason why I haven't taken exception to you just going ahead and making it a perk anyway is that it's canonically possible for TATARI to be transferred/inherited, which far as I am aware, is straight up not a thing that can be done with normal RMs. Mind, I haven't taken part in this particular discussion before this post, so please don't assume I speak for anyone else.

how can you even mention Bayonetta as part of this when there's the matter of five God damn years for Ben 10?

Well, anyway, I want to make sure my intentions are noted, and besides, I've already been discussing it. Now, if that user shows up soon, then maybe I'll drop it. But then again, how can we prove that it was indeed that user who did it should someone post a WIP for it? Besides, said user didn't use a name or anything, staying completely anonymous.

Wasn't talking about you, just the guy who attempted the duplicate.

Are you anime?

What the fuck are you even talking about?

>lusting after 2d thots
>not pure 1d girls
you sicken me

>1d girls
Enlighten us then.

Bitch, I'm chuuni as fuck.

That's the problem isn't it? You can't prove it. You just need to wait a few months and hope some user doesn't show up with a tiny bit of work done and pretend to be the original guy.

There's not really any recourse for you here but to wait and pray.

He's going to try to sell us that a line is thick or something. I bet its not even 100 points thick.

Mostly I'm just throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks, really. I'm aware TATARI is stronger than a lot of Reality Marbles, but the way the perk is structured is that you'd have to work up a bit more to get to casually manifesting fear dragons or TAs. The price was also a product of the WIP, and I mostly wanted to see if folks thought it was appropriate for what it offered - and if that was the price, I'd be trying to make 800 perks for some of the other backgrounds, too, to balance it out a bit. Though I was mostly setting it up as the same price as a Reality Marble since it was the 'same'. As has pointed out, TATARI could be passed down and inherited.

So, here's a solution I'm going to propose
>Fold Reality Marble into a perk that can be purchased more than once. Include Beast Lair, TATARI, etc. as possible Marbles, along with the option to buy your own. Only the first is discounted?
>Make Akasha once-a-decade, or keep the weakness that you can get sniped will reforming or your soul being destroyed somehow would do the trick.

That help any?

Either way, I'll look over what folks have posted and see what ends up happening.

Hmph, you cannot even match my darkness.

That guys arguments are kinda shitty. He simultaneously argues that the perk is both redundant with the existing RM perk, but also much too strong. And Val already okayed using the RM perk for Tatari. So there's precedent in the other TM jumps at least. Not to mention Dead Apostles cost 400 more cp than the other backgrounds, so them having a 800 cp perk isn't exactly unbalanced.

Where are you on the scale from Dark Flame Master to Cyberdark Edge

Then again, neither can you. In fact, for all you know, I could have been that user back then, choosing to remain anonymous when making the claim but now attacking my old self for being stupid while actually doing the WIP.

I would prefer akasha be once a decade with the option that soul destroying powers could possibly interfere. But otherwise thats fine to me.

Ragna isnt even edgy though, he's basically just a slightly edgier Sakata Gintoki and that doesnt even qualify as edgy. same voice actor too

>Make Akasha once-a-decade
Nah, then it's just a one-up but shit.

Once a decade seems fine as long as it is guaranteed to work at least once during your jump.

>>Make Akasha once-a-decade, or keep the weakness that you can get sniped will reforming or your soul being destroyed somehow would do the trick.

I personally liked the unlimited resurrections with soul destruction as the weakness. Being vulnerable at incubation makes sense in my book as well.

I think the problem is that while you do need to work up more, you only need to do that once. You were fine with people only needing to make shadows once to resummon them later so the only real flaw compared to Reality Marbles is that you need more energy to start with. Which isn't much of a flaw when it's so good.

That one Reality Marble perk sounds better but I don't understand why you'd allow multiple purchases.

So, a bad one up perk? Why even bother?

But you're not. Otherwise you wouldn't have put on a name and asked if you could have the claim. You would have put on a name and said you were that guy. You can't do that now because you've already outed yourself.

I know, just when I posted that pic before everyone jumped on me about it. Which was weird, but I went with it.

I would prefer it if you allowed Akasha to work as many times as needed, but explicitly spelled out the weaknesses the canon version has and that you die for real if killed while still "acclimating" to your new ride.

Having both the weakness and the use limit would make it pretty bad, so if you do feel the need to limit it that way, could you please make it work like most other 1-ups and just have it resurrect you even if your soul should have been trapped or destroyed?

>when a bitchboy thinks he's chuun
Pff, look at you, you've got practically no belts!

I'd prefer you don't make Akasha a once a decade thing, just because that makes it kind of a crappy, more involved one up and blatantly inferior to another capstone in the jump. Personally I feel like keeping it as canon with soul destroying attacks fucking you up is for the best.

>>Make Akasha once-a-decade, or keep the weakness that you can get sniped will reforming or your soul being destroyed somehow would do the trick.
I like the one with the weakness better. Makes us need to plan around it and it won't just be a 1-up.

How about music? Music is always a fun topic.

Jumpers! Have you found any music lately that you found especially approriate to pieces of your Chains? Particular scene especially well represented by a song? Songs especially appropriate for the introduction of specific characters? Or maybe just something really fun to jam to while writing? Or perhaps you found a piece of music that you're just desperately hoping to turn into a scene?

I hoard tons of music that falls into that last category.
youtube.com/watch?v=kdmNpwzw4Ks
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_NB5luxtic

And then, of course, there's this one, which I have plans for.
youtube.com/watch?v=o2AxR-JbIaQ
Such plans!

Man, that cracked me up there.

Still, I'd trust claims from non-anons more than from anons. So if it was a non-user who did the claim, I would wait in line - but because they are an user, that rings alarm bells for me.

Yeah, it'll be a shitty one up.

>like most other 1-ups and just have it resurrect you even if your soul should have been trapped or destroyed
That other one-up perks work that way is just your wank. There's nothing to suggest they're "absolute" or whatever other than your house-rules.

Thankfully you don't get to just decide who gets to keep a claim or not, especially when you're some no name newbie yourself. You can wait or you can leave.

Not the original poster, but I couldn't help but post that pic as it fit so well.

Yeah I get what you mean though, it is just so confusing lately.

Go back to SB or reddit, or learn how Veeky Forums works, you newfag fuck.

Just abandon the entire idea outright and leave the old RM perk as is. It doesn't need changing.

So you're literally user-racist. Man, you just keep digging yourself deeper, don't you? It'd be sad if it wasn't so adorable.

Scratch that, I just realized I'm a huge faggot. Please rape my face!

I guess I was kinda thinking 'well what if someone wants Beast's Lair and TATARI', but that's actually kind of silly now that I think of it. Alright, I'll just keep the old Reality Marble perk and leave it open to whatever you folks want to make for it, or recreating the previous ones.
So it looks like the verdict is 'keep the weakness but don't cap it'? Alright.

Sorry for all the trouble, by the by. I sincerely wasn't trying to start trouble - just wasn't sure how to respond. It's been a while since I've done one of these.

>perks don't do what they say they do just because they say they do it
Kill (you)rself.

Well, that might be true, but I still don't trust that claim. And after what I heard on the IRC before, I'm sticking to my thought process, in that the claim should be invalidated. True, I know not everyone would agree with that, but still, I have some right to at least note my claim attempt for now, even if it'll have to wait.

Perks work the way they say they do sweetie. If a perk says that it brings you back and doesn't have a clause that it fails with soul destruction or whatever, you insisting otherwise is wank.

>TATARI could be passed down and inherited.
Lair of the Beast King was too actually.

typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Maiko_Yamase#Maiko_Yamase

You'll have to wait about another two months then. Provided someone doesn't show up in that time. Cross your fingers man, you're going to need luck.

It's your wank to treat stuff like "soul destruction" or "existence erasure" as covered under a perk that protects you from "death" when there's nothing in the settings on that level. Both are usually treated as "further" than death in plenty of IPs. Hence the prevalence of an afterlife concept.

Also, not user-rasist. I just feel like, if you want to make a claim, there should be a name to it, like with most Jumps which were already made. That is all.

Hmm, something about this seems suspicious

>Sorry for all the trouble, by the by. I sincerely wasn't trying to start trouble - just wasn't sure how to respond. It's been a while since I've done one of these.
It ain't no trouble at all Heavens.

Jump in front of a car.

>my face
Pics so I can properly evaluate.

No one really cares and your opinion isn't really shared. Anons and Namefags both have proven they'll support user claims.

Fuck you. This toxicity in the thread is because of powerwanking jumpmakers like you and Val spoiling manchildren with no self-control.

Heyo, I've been churning away at Amazing Island non-stop lately, so I decided to show off what I have.
This is the main jump, and it's pretty much complete, minus thread critique, I mean, but this isn't exactly everything.
Y'see, I'm handling everything related to monster creation in a separate supplement, which has been eating up most of my time. I wanted to post the jump and the supplement at the same time, but I've come to the realization that I am inching dangerously close to burnout on this thing. I still plan to do it, but I think posting the main jump now will take off a lot of the pressure. I still plan to make it, but I'll be handling it at my own pace.

Haha you still at it buddy?

youtube.com/watch?v=hvRzjU_xiv8 for when I finally get my 40K Skaven army rolling.

>Sorry for all the trouble,
Not any trouble at all.

Now get back to working on those perks, Sun-lover.

Jump off a cliff.

K. Just did a few jumping-jacks in front of my car. Bit chilly, though.

>keep the weakness but don't cap it'

So which weaknesses are you keeping? The decade respawn or the soul burning weakness? Or the vulnerability while respawning?

The former isn't exactly true, but I get what you are on about there. Still, I would like to ask - how often has an user claim gone through to WIP stage?

Looks cute. I've got no knowledge of this setting, but it sounds like a comfy little adventure.

Can you please add spaces between the perks and such?

Weird, Ciel's stomach looks like it is bulging a little.

A few hundred times? A lot of the jumps on the drive are one offs done by anons. Especially early on in Jumpchain's lifetime.

How much has your personality changed since you started jumping?
Many times, but most put a name when they either post the wip or the final version. And they did not even bother with that in early /jc/

Well, you see, when a woman and a fairy-vampire-planet love each other very much...

That's a nice one. Is that game any good? I saw a lot of buzz around it and picked it up in a Humble Bundle, but the first little bit kinda turned me off it. Is it worth powering through?

Huh. Still, I was getting conflicting information here - some people on the IRC said go for it, while others like you say to wait the requested period of time.

>some people on the IRC said go for it, while others like you say to wait the requested period of time.
Who? Some IRC opinions are worth more than others.

Wait and screech at BLADE if he drops a wip here

I guess you're talking about LISA?

I think the story itself is interesting and fucked up enough to power through for, but I haven't actually played the game myself. I've only watched others play through it.

The IRC was right, ignore the shitposters

>Pic
Yoro, why you do dis?
The left part looks nice but then the right side shows how much of her face is split by the teeth and it just seems wrong.

Who on the IRC said to go for it?

I don't know why anyone would tell you to go ahead and take someone's claim before even a month had passed. Who was telling you this?

The weakness of needing to finish incubating and your soul being destroyed in the interim being a death. I -think- that should do it?

I mainly downloaded it for that left part. I agree that grinning shot goes back a bit too wide to be entirely natural, even for that face.

Yeah, sorry I wasn't more clear. I guess I'll give it a shot when I'm bored. Thanks.

I would, but the problem here is that BLADE made the first intent, but what he said was begging for someone else to jump in and deny him or her. But I am willing to work with them on it.

I don't remember who exactly as I can't check the logs that far back with what I was using.

More than I should be, less then you'd think.

Hey Heavens, do you know around what jump you did Marvel Magic?

shh we agreed not to tell him about that

So has anyone got a way to overlay reality with a Mindscape/Dreamworld besides Reality Marbles? Just wondering for... reasons.

You mean in my chain? Latest I did it was jump 57. Where I spent most of the jump in a narcoleptic coma due to my drawback choices.

Yeah, like in your chain.

It's a very comfy setting.

I'll see what I can do. It shouldn't be too hard to add some spaces, I just have to get used to Word's features, I'm more accustomed to Google Docs.

With all that said, I think I might take a break from Amazing Island for a while. I made a number of design choices I'm not too pleased about, and above all, I'm just getting tired of scrounging for info on this thing. I guess this is what jumpmakers mean when they talk about pacing yourself.

I may work on my other claims in the meantime, I may not, Hell, I may change my mind tomorrow morning and go back to work on this. but the point is I'm fucking drained at this very moment.

That rat girl looks nice, Skaven jump when?

Territory creation EX.

Custom dnd spells

Bigass ritual using magic from any number of jumps.

Being a demon from marvel magic and having a hellplane may work too.

IRC Illuminati at it again. This is why we should ban out of thread discussion and jumps.

> Pic
I'm prob going to regret asking, but what is that?

I bet the Discord Discordianists were behind this post

No idea. I think someone was working on one, but I can't remember. If I wasn't busy writing right now I'd search the archives.

Alternatively, you could just go to Final Fantasy 9 to get your lovely rat on. The Burmecians are pretty much exactly the kind of rat girl I was just posting.