What's that one game you always play but you never could for one reason or another?

What's that one game you always play but you never could for one reason or another?

Proof-read your shit before posting for fuck's sake.

>What's that one game you always play but you never could for one reason or another?
>you always play but you never could for one reason or another?
>always play but you never could

I meant to say "you always wanted to play but never could"
>mfw

Witnessed!
....and thank you for saying it. Damn.

This thread is shit. I l Iike it. Also, wrath of kings. I liked the models and have a large hadross army but it has never hit the table

Wraith, but goddamn if I can find an ST or players willing to deal with Shadows.

Lace & Steel. I wanted to play this so bad. It never worked out.

I want to play Trail of Cthulhu again.

>What's that one game you always play but you never could for one reason or another?
For fuck's sake, you're a cunt.

I always wanted to play Lamentations of the Flame Princess, but no-one will play with me because everyone I know is a 5Efag.

That cover art is fucking amazing. Is the system shit or is your group shit?

My group is shit.

Rules-wise, it's a pretty standard OSR clone, but it's got a certain... something which I like.

A squad of dwarves in the underdark, in 2e where they can't be arcane casters, with competent players.

Can't play it cause the people who do want to play it just want to spout gimli memes while casting spells and get bored of their own meme characters within a session

A year ago, I would have said Hackmaster 5E.
But then I nutted up, started running a game, and have been doing so for the past 11 months.

Now I'm also playing in two more games. It's like magic.

Now what I'd like to play but never have (and probably never will) are Alternity, Pendragon, or a Wildcards setting with Mutants & Masterminds system.

Wraith: The Oblivion, but Storyteller is rubbish and converting the lore to another system while still keeping the important mechanics would be a pain in the ass. Doesn't help that my group is too lazy to read the damn book, either.

>57369769
What's wrong with storyteller? Come to think of it I've always wanted to play V:TM.

>What's that one game you always play but you never could

Life.

Shit dude, I'd play that, that sounds pretty awesome.

I remember reading the 2E Book of Dwarves back in the day and thinking this would make a great campaign.

Oh, boy, it'd be easier to tell you what ISN'T wrong with it (which amounts to some clever gimmicks, like Nature & Demeanor from VtM). To put it bluntly, it's thoroughly unbalanced, cumbersome and the numbers are completely broken. Oh, and the books are chockfull of horrible, horrible advice. IIRC, most of the corebooks pretty much tell GMs/STs to railroad their players and treat them like a captive audience, for starters. Honestly, my first few years on the hobby were a bloody trainwreck because of White Wolf, so I'm not exactly being impartial here, but that's that.

kudos to you

I want to host Orpheus, but my crew won’t read the rules, much less the lore. They expect to sit down and figure it out as they go along, which works fine in video games but gets really cumbersome for a storyteller. Also, the game demands a certain gravitas which I doubt my players will respect. We are a beer and pretzels type group and everything they do turns into a comedy of misfits.

I have been toying with ORE and I like it a lot. Converting storyteller to ORE is pretty easy and some friendly people online have already done most of the work. Have you looked into it? It might clear up a roadblock for you.

Exalted. My friends kind of hate White Wolf.

I'm usually more of a Fate/PbtA guy these days, but I've heard great things about ORE, so I'll definitely give it a thorough look the next time I feel the urge to GM something from the cWoD. I appreciate the recommendation, mate.

Any game that lasts for more than 3 sessions.

I am not a 5Efag [spoiler[I prefer Barbarians of Lemuria, but I have translated a few famous old modules for LotFP and plan to re-fluff and use them.[/spoiler]

Shi, I fucked up the spoiler.

I converted VtM disciplines to Unknown Armies. Beast cannot be properly converted into Unknown Armies except with stress checks. However, WoD specters and UA demons can be the same thing.

GURPS

Always wanted to play Harn, but the only guy I know that can run it is am incompetent GM, and we haven't spoken to one another in years

Star wars saga. Nobody i know even likes star wars or cares enough to try

it just never came together. The cover art is great the interior art is all black and white but just as awesome. Same artist.

I always wanted to play Shadowrun but our games have never actually gone anywhere, even though I've made like three characters for various campaigns.

Testament, I even sought out all the editions of the Targum magazine with the 3.5 conversions.

Are you talking about game you always wanted to play but couldn't, or games you play all the time but can't finish?

I always wanted to try Car Wars, but I need somebody to help me understand the rules because I'm a brainlet.

I've never actually finished a game of Axis and Allies even though me and the bros play it every year. War of the Ring is in a similar spot for me.

fucking Shadowrun
I love the world but the people around me are super bitchy about rules and I can't get them to play anything that's slightly complex, let alone the rules juggernaut that is shadowrun

the worst part is that they don't want to play shadowrun because it's SUPER HARRRRRD AND THE CHARGEN IS HARRRRRD but they defend pathfinder with their lives

Introduce them to Shadowrun Anarchy. It's the closest we're ever going to get to rules-lite Shadowrun.

I kind of wanna play numenara or run it but one of thrle members of my game group knee jerks at the mere mention of anything relating to monte cook

Fantasy Craft. That or Shadowrun.

Pretty much anything that isn't Legends of the five rings. It's the only thing people my local game club wants to play.

Never seen this before, all they all hardcore weebs?

Holy fuck I need to go to your club, I've been wanting to play it.

yea no we got it

Nechronica, Golden Sky Stories, Ryuutama, and the other several japanese trpgs out there. I've never played a japanese trpg and I'd like to try just to see what's up.

Every time I misread it, I want to play the Phoenix Wright style court drama, Trial of Cthulhu. Ken and Robin keep telling me to stop calling in the middle of the night though, so I don't think it'll happen.