Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1990: Nirvana Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Hey, been forever since I made a thread. I didn't fuck anything up, right?

Why must you prolong our suffering?

I'm a sadist.

>Nirvana Edition
>Not My Immortal Edition
But why?

I hate that you made me look that up, and you by proxy. Nirvana Edition because it was the first thing off the top of my head when I thought 90s. Be thankful it's not Sum 41 Edition.

Was thinking My Immortal because Val said last night or today UQ Holder would be ready. Plus it can torment anyone who looks it up, so mission accomplished there.

Thread prompt time, why don't we have a good Jumpmaker Waifu CYOA for the Joke Folder? We have plenty of good writers, we have people who can do imaged documents, we like talking about the names a lot and we have our own in-jokes about their Jumpers or personalities. It feels like it would be a natural fit for this community. This might be one of those things I actually want us to copy CYOAgen on. Why don't we have one? Discuss.

>why don't we have a...

What do you want, permission?
Do it already!

Sounds like you ought to make one.

Jumpers! If you've jump Naruto, what summon contract did you pick up? I'm curious to know.

Do we forget the gifts of our friends so easily?

>Red
>Pic
>Has a lot of things to get off her chest
Hmmm, I see.

Legendary Warriors: I summon warriors who have Naruto Nin/Tai/Ken/Gen/etc. Jutsu which mimics their legends. They get to about the level of Gai without the use of the fifth gate usually. It sounded more fun that dragons, which was popular at the time.

He did say good. Joking, but that one was made by a nice person from the general. They didn't really know the local jokes, memes and stuff.

Boars. The elder was basically pic related.

It could always be a team effort thing. One of the better writers, familiar with in jokes, combining forces with one of our better image workers. They could make something really special.

Or we could just get Myrmidont or TopHatAlthalus to do it since they can write and image at godlike levels at the same time

>No Konata mystery box
MUDA MUDA MUDA!

If they want to make a new one for the year of our Lord two thousand and eighteen, I'm not saying don't, I'm just posting what I have.

Whatever became of English?

I joker today? This motioning or tonight's?

I believe they're around.

That would be really cool. Now we just have to actually get things together and find someone willing to do it. We could put together a pastebin with the people we want in it the most, info we could use for them, nice things like that.

They pretty much absconded to only go to the Discord. The only time they came back in months was after someone revealed she'd been poopooing Val on the Discord

>Blade and English on there instead of Val
What a travesty

Blade was at least sorta relevant at the time even if I'm not a fan either. I'm pretty sure English hadn't really done much yet while Dirge had been gone for a while. It's just some of the weirdness from from someone who didn't know the community doing the CYOA.

We need to add topkek, bartender, and a bancho drawback room mate

ah, the goal of every jumpchain author, to be someone's waifu~

No.

>didn't even get a reference in Justiceanon's entry

Feels bad man.

>Can't sleep
>Tries to read, but all stories end up sad
>Get a call from family, auncle is dead
>There's no chocolate left in the place
>I lost my wallet.

/jc/ I need a hug.

>didn't get in despite multiple attempts

it's not fair
it's not fuckin fair

/me hugs Ricrod

ignore the subtitle
that sucks man

>Jumpmakers that complaint about not getting in
>They can start writing one of their own and trade favours to have someone else write their own entry in return for writing up that person
Guys you are writers, come on

Well, crap. All the hugs.

Thanks guys. I'm sure things will get better eventually.

That's awful, Ricrod. I hope things turn for the better for you.

I'm honestly considering it, but it was the principle of the thing, ya know?

Mcu has no option to alter your warehouse entrance to look like a sling ring portal. This makes me sad. What jumps alter your warehouse door/portal?

But user, it just doesn't feel right to right up yourself in a waifu CYOA.

The wind blows north and the sky is blue things will get better for you.

Look at the nose, Ricrod.

You didn't read any of that post did you

That hurt my eyes to read.

Please do, it's just good, dumb fun for everyone involved.

That looks super uncomfortable.

That's what the U stands for.

I can write your's Digger, and knowing me you'll receive it by Christmas 2018.

Reminder that it is impossible to store sapient items or companions in the warehouse.

That rule is up there with diminishing returns for out of date.

IT'S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS

I guess Titan Sanctum (sic) from God of War, if you wank the portal is technically part of your warehouse. I think Lord of Light has one too, can't remember the name

Diminishing returns isn't in any of the actual jump documents though. The rule about sapient beings is in the Warehouse supplement itself, which makes it more official in my mind. Still, both the Bodymod and Warehouse feel awkward and redundant in the current jumpchain climate.

Which jumps have you made, apart from the Sonic and Kamen Rider ones? I don't see your work being discussed much.

Road to el dorado has a nice one.

I've always felt that both supplements shouldn't be looked at as something meant to stay relevant across the whole chain, especially as jumpchain began to grow and feel the power creep. I think it's much better these days if you look at them as a little starting pick-me-up to help you survive and get used to the worlds you are in. The Bodymod isn't there to stay useful through a hundred jumps, just to give you a body more to your liking at first and a bit of an edge in the places you want one. The Warehouse isn't going to store absolutely everything you want to store over thousands of years of adventuring, it's there to serve you well for a few decades or so and then let you find ways to expand your storage.

What would you add to Bodymod if you could? Chakra coils? Meta luck? Being able to designate your baseline body as a transdimensional mass of crystaline shards spread out across all parallel universes in the jump you're in, which starts with the power to project an avatar in the style of the local dominant lifeform and can come up with more if you're creative?

In the old days I remember people just used magic and stuff to warp Warehouses to stay relevant. Until they ballooned into being little warehouse multiverses.

>Kid Radd
>T.O.M.E
>Cave Story
>Actraiser
>Kamen Rider Neo-heisei Part 1
>Undertale*
>Mucha Lucha
>Cyber Knights
>Kamen Rider Heisei Part 1*
>Captain SNES
>Kamen Rider Neo-heisei Part 2
>Super Robot Wars OG Endless Frontier
>Sonic Classic
>Dragonball*
>Dragonball Z*
>Kamen Rider Neo-heisei Part 3*
>Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei Part 2.5*
>Jormungand
>Kamen Rider Heisei Final - Decade*
>Double Cross
>Kamen Rider Heisei part 7*
>Duel Monsters - The Shadow Realm*
>Kamen Rider Part 4*
>Archie Sonic Universe
>Shiftylook Bravoman

* being collaborations with other people

I have a few WIPs I'm still on, I'm just slow as fuck and work in spurts

More CP.

You don't remember that in the old days people just filled their warehouses with storage containers and used harry potter magic to expand all of them into massive storage places? That's basically the same as what you're saying they ballooned into.

I'm not looking to add any godlike power to the Bodymod, I just think it could be done better. As it is now much of it is redundant if you pick Physical Fitness in Pokemon.

If I'd redo it I'd probably make it a pre jumpchain supplement that covers both the body and mind and has just perks instead of numerical levels like Strength 4. I'd have perks for improved fitness, intelligence, beauty etc. Just using the supplement would cure you of all mental and physical illnesses and you could purchase perks to be immune to those issues in future junps.

Basically, an improvement package with at most peak human abilities and quality of life things. Not more powerful than the current Bodymod but broader in scope.

No I do, just that we moved on from HP magic a long while ago. At least, I did.

I feel something like making you immune to mental and physical illnesses is a bit more than you seem to be intending then

Not him, but I'd like a lot of things added. Stuff like controlling hair/nail growth, some brain/mind stuff, more specific body options (as in breaking up strength, dex, and whatnot into more categories with more descriptive options), softcaps or some of kind of training potential type thing, maybe options for shapeshifting from minor to Mystique level, and probably a lot more that I'm just not creative enough to think up right now. None of it has to be powerful, I'd just like it to have more.

What is your preffered method of storage jumper?

Anal vore.

I don't see that as all that powerful so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Sounds like a pain in the ass.

My Warehouse.

Wow, that's a lot of jumps.

Olympian Demesne and Titanic Sanctuary from God Of War, yes, I do like those two. Great for when you want the Warehouse to be an actual Warehouse sitting inside the pocket dimension that's attached to it.

inventory systems

Personally? I'd like to make it so that gauntlet purchases became part of the Bodymod. I just find it fitting; you went through that shit without you powers, so it's only fair for it to become part of your basic self.

It adresses the issue of bodymod becoming obsolete and having no way to improve it, and makes gauntlets have a meaningful presence in the structure of the chain, rather than the odd ducklings they are now.

I've been around. I can only think of the WIPs I either have lying around or couldn't get going. It's heartbreaking, man

Storage rings from xianxianare pretty fucking awesome.

Naruto fuinjutsu is basically whatever you want it to be, I use it for storage.

Why dont you trade WIPs with someone so you can finish each others?

That would be pretty cool.

Tell me about yourself as a jumpmaker and your chain(s) so I have something to work on

Just fucking drop everything in a pile in the warehouse.

I remember when Minecraft came out, and people went crazy that they could finally digital storage stuff without needing a Return to Pokemon.

...man, I feel old now.

Yeah, they can finish each other off.

Never understood that when pokemon has a perk that lets you repair and understand the tech.

>not having a universe sized storage ring filled to capacity with universe sized storage rings filled with your junk and then placing the outer ring inside of your soul storage
Do you even xianxia, bro?

Counterpoint- Umineko is a gauntlet. Suggestion doesn't work if gauntlets don't stick to a certain kind of thing.

It also starts breaking power loss drawbacks if, and I imagine you do, you make the assumption that power loss drawbacks reduce you to body mod.

I dont know of any rings that big inside. But I do nest rings.

How does something like Zombie from SDS work if you're a spirit body, like if you used the third magic on yourself? Is it just useless?

>As a Jumpmaker: I tend to write things that appeal to me on an aesthetic/thematic level, as you can see a lot of my early jumps were usually themed around video games or were video games that were SNES/Genesis era

Similarly I tended to gravitate towards web original content such as webcomics or online series. I have a WIP of "Stardust Vanguards" which is an obscure pixel-art 80's mecha anime styled battle royale game! (just need items and drawbacks for it, but there's very little to work off of since the best I can do is ships and vague space things)

I like givin item stipends here and there if I think it works, and my main concept in a jump is that with 1000 CP only, no drawbacks, and as a first jump, the jumper should be able to easily slot in as a new addition to the canon roster if such a concept exists(things like Shadow Realm and Double Cross it's impossible) since I tend to treasure the idea of my jumps being used as a character creation tool(as I use many jumps for) as well as a character augmentation tool(as I feel that some jumps are designed to do)

My Chains(disregarding "Digger In Paradise" which is literally just the "what if you only had one jump" thought experiment build): The Invincible Hero, the Conquering Lord

The Invincible Hero is the one I can foresee sparking, they basically are...imagine something of a cross between Konosuba and One Punch Man. They started out in "Love is a Battlefield" (without a benefactor, I just rolled it that they were summoned directly by using their proto-spark as a beacon) which segued into their stay in hero BBS as I ruled that the hero BBS world he was summoned into WAS Love Is a Battlefield. He found a 'legit' benefactor eventually(after getting dragged around by an idiot goddess). Generally speaking, they're what you call a comically overlevelled "hero" who has trivialized the evil smiting part to the point they just focus on food, girls, video games, and being a NEET in general

His warehouse.
You should really clean it up. It's getting dusty in the back.

The Conquering Lord is still early on, just the concept of being an evil overlord with all the trimmings across multiple worlds, starting in Overlord and moving on to the various civilization and fantasy jumps. Only 4 jumps into that chain but it's an amusing contrast to the lazy neet Invincible Hero

I've actually taken up people's WIPs before, and I think that it would work with some of the people I worked with...the big one I regret is Code Geass. I'm still wishing that the user who wanted to do the knightmare custom table is still around, I've been trying really hard to figure out how it would work. (what a cursed jump..)

I wonder what would happen if you gave a universe sized storage ring to a new cultivator, would it break their mind?

No, but someone would try to take it.

In some settings, the larger the storage size the more powerful a cultivator you need to be to be able to bind the item. So anything larger than a 3m*3m*3m space is usually reserved for at least low-mid tier cultivators

I guess the Mr. Handy's slacking off again. I'll have Tesla get the whip.

I've got a temp job for a few days so no jump updates til the weekend. I'm still pondering how to do a Brunestud capstone without it being a generic power up, and also something that makes sense for non-TAs if they take it.

How's this sound?
>Access/ability to manifest the Castle, can draw on 'backup' from the Counter Force/the planet's will to survive for a boost.
>Fluff is that you're the third sibling if you're TA, or an attempted duplicate if something else - maybe a hybrid like Alt if DA?
>Second capstone is Crimson Moon related somehow?

These are based on suggestions I was thrown earlier. Throw some thoughts or suggestions my way?

Giraffes. I was known as "the Kirin" in that jump due to my insane precision in applying jutsu (the mythological Kirin is supposed to never bend even the slightest blade of grass it doesn't mean to), and the Japanese for giraffe is "kirin", so it felt like an appropriate little pun.

I'm guessing what that first one draws on changes depending on whether you're a human or not, since it wouldn't make sense for the planet to back up a modern human? Also from what I remember manifesting the castle is technically a subdivision of Marble Phantasm (it counts as "natural" because it's metaphysically moon-y not something built by human hands, I think), so it could well make sense for it to come with a buff to your DA/TA powers.

Also that's...pretty much as Crimson Moon related as you can get without going full OC. Arc is already on the verge of Crimson Moon taking over her body, apart from the Mystic Eyes, wind power and Knight Liner-all of which we don't know enough to be sure about-that covers just about everything.

tl;dr I'd go with capstone 1