Could a healing spell remove cancer or would it make it worse?

Presumably cure it, since magic runs on intention and metaphor in most cases, rather than haha fuck you genie logic.

You would have to ask your GM because it depends on the setting

>But I want to know how it works in YOUR setting user

Why, you don't play in my setting

Depends on the setting.

Depends on how much semen you suck out of hanged men's dicks to improve your magic

Well since there's a universally accepted way that healing spells work down to the cellular level I'll answer this question accurately.

It ain't easy being the All-Father

This semen isn't going to drink itself

Can a healing spell prevent aging?

Depends on how many haitian children you traffick through the clinton foundation to george soros' blood farms

If you're playing in a setting where magic has catastrophes (a la WHFB), then it should make it worse on a failure because you healed the cancer cells and not the disease.

Do "healing" spells restore health or luck?

Imagine you are a Cleric of the god Savos, the god of light and the healing spring. A dirty peasant comes to you and has painful cankerous sores that spread. You say a prayer to your god, and he goes into the holy spring of cleansing. Suddenly light shines down on him and you hear an angelic choir.

If he steps out and his cancer is somehow worse, I will bitch slap that DM.

Don't you mean Trump?

It depends on how retarded your HP abstraction is

No

I'm pretty sure you do

I'm definitely sure that I don't

Both and moreso. Healing minor wounds, replenishing stamina, leaving a minor residue of divine favour and good fortune. Healing blessings almost always included a side effect of luck with the healing and recovery after all.

It will convert the cancer to your god, saving the patient's soul. He'll still die though.

Depends on the mechanics. A wound healing spell probably would make it worse. A disease removing spell would probably fix it by the same mechanics that invading bacteria/parasites/viruses are removed

Doubtful, I mean pathfinder still exists, so...

I wish it did, so I could cast a healing spell on this thread.

Depends on the magic words said.
>Cancer Removus
Could cure cancer
>Fiddely futs, fix those cuts!
Would give you cancer.

Depends on the level of the spell too I guess

epic

Yeah you do

Nope

It ain't easy being a Mandrake

Unsure. I'll go cast a healing spell on /pol/ and get back to you.

Cancer is caused by a genetic mutation so would the magic reset the locus and the cells would stop proliferating?

So when casting a heal spell on a player does it also heal any ailing microbes in their body? If they're sick it's like their immune system has to refight the entire battle.

If it kills the microbes that aren't recognized as self it would kill off an enormous population of gut bacteria like a reverse probiotic.
>Healing spells give you the shits

That's Dick Cheney you dope. He needs the blood and soul of children to keep his cyborg body in check.

Trump is just a cock sleeve to a real man like Putin

>So when casting a heal spell on a player does it also heal any ailing microbes in their body? If they're sick it's like their immune system has to refight the entire battle.

>If it kills the microbes that aren't recognized as self it would kill off an enormous population of gut bacteria like a reverse probiotic.
Clerical healing spells, targeting you, are probably intelligently managed enough to heal specifically whatever makes you get better. So, probably just you and maybe some helpful gut flora.
I'm not actually sure why bardic healing spells exist so I don't know how helpfully they are designed.

>projecting this much to defend the killary klinton kartel
kek

Healing spells can only heal what your body could naturally heal, just on a faster scale. So it can put cancer into remission, but it can't cure cancer.

Spells would probably just cure it, direct exposure to positive energy would make it worse.

M-maybe i WANT to play in your setting!