Vampire the masquerade players:

Opinions:
>Masked Nosferatu PC, V for Vendetta wannabe
>Engages on conversation with human
>Runs Obfuscate lvl 3, mask of a thousand memes
>Wants the target to believe his face and hands are human like, even though they are crrwntly underneath the mask and gloves
>Dice roll, our PC doesn't know the result bc that'd be metagame right?
> PC then takes out a glove and shows the hand, based on reaction of human, he can know if it worked or not for sure
>If fails, the hand can be burnt or whatever, so it is not breaking the masquerade and/or reason enough for the target to freak out at all
>If success, hand is normal so PC knows he can take out his mask and it's a human face as well

Valid or bs? Of course in case of dramatic failure, hand could work and face not if GM decides so, but avoiding a failure this way should be possible

It already failed if they're seeing a mask and gloves. And a guy in a mask is never not weird.

That's the main question. Knowing well how my face is, can I obfuscate my actual face even if it is underneath a mask and the target is not seeing it at the moment? So when I remove the mask it is a human face.
This should be possible, otherwise you wouldn't be able to use the discipline until the target has already seen you, which makes no sense at all.

Clearly you have never been to a convention of any sort.

You are trying too hard to out clever the game.
Also fairly sure this is copypasta/memery.
The situation isn't at a con.

Valid

Nope, casual as fuck.
Not really, seriously debating this at the moment with the GM, not playing right now tho.

>You are trying too hard to out clever the game.

That's not out-clevering the game. Out-clevering the game is rolling up an 8th Generation Caitiff with dots in Thaumaturgy (most broadly useful Discipline), Celerity (best combat Discipline), and Presence (because it works on vampires of any Generation) - which is entirely allowed by both the rules and the fluff (Caitiff can explicitly spontaneously learn Disciplines, including Thautmaturgy, or even their own unique ones; and also explicitly can occur at any Generation, they're just more likely at 13th and higher) and even doable at character creation with the basic stat distribution and standard freebie points.

Running a character as intelligent isn't outsmarting the game, and the Storyteller still has plenty of ways to fuck over the Nos if he feels it necessary and/or the dice say so.

Like I said, trying to hard to out clever the game.
Npcs in WoD are generally going to be average humans, and you are trying to walk up to someone on the street wearing out of place full body coverage like the world is the the edgy comic book in your head to have pleasant conversation with them.

>Like I said, trying to hard to out clever the game.
I can agree with this, however
> you are trying to walk up to someone on the street wearing out of place full body coverage like the world is...
You are implying a lot here, that's not what I'm trying to do at all. The situations I'm picturing are very different, I just thought of this and I want to know if it's valid in case pulling this off is ever useful to me. Also it'd give me further insight on how the discipline works.

Out clever is not the same as munchkining, dummy.

Yes, it would be valid, in a very select few situations where wearing such full body covering get up would be considered normal and not suspicious.

Playing the character as intelligent would be realizing this doesn't have an advantage over having a ghoul do it and lurking invisible to them both.

A week or so ago I checked, and nowhere I could find in V20 does it actually say that Nossies break the masquerade if someone sees them. They just have Appearance 0, which makes them incompetent at some social tests and Presence.

People have confused them with the movie of the same name for awhile.

There's no reason a Nosferatu can't look like an advanced stage leper, burn victim, or wart covered awful smelling bum. All of which are actual things.

Though the text of the merit Rugged Bad Looks from Clanbook: Nosferatu Revised implies that you need to have RBL to not break the masquerade, so that's a bit of an Air Breathing Mermaid situation, it seems...

Oi oi, seems like this thread needs some mage love.

What he needs is a mage to help him out.

Why would you ever want to be seen if you have obfuscate?

Creepman theatrics? You can't just hide in the room and make your contact talk to a half-lit mannequin every time.

Archmage supremacy

Glory to supernal truth, nonexistence for parasites!