Are tabletop games the only games in existence where you can be punished for learning how to play the game?

Are tabletop games the only games in existence where you can be punished for learning how to play the game?

Depends on the Setting.

if its being run by a dickhead you can be punished for literally anything

How is that relevant?

>learning how to play the game

Learning how to make stronger characters isn't learning how to play the game. Learning how to make appropriate characters is.

A GM is just going to match your strength anyway, so it's best to make characters that compliment the party and match their power.

Paranoia does this.

>Learning how to make stronger characters isn't learning how to play the game.
Um...sweetie...making strong characters requires that you learn how to play the game somehow.
>A GM is just going to match your strength anyway
If only, what generally happens is either you're shitting on everything in your path without suffering major losses or you're getting your ass handed to your on a silver platter because they're damn near one shotting you in each round. It's like playing Final Fantasy, the balance is all over the place.

Depends on the Setting.

>If only, what generally happens is either you're shitting on everything in your path without suffering major losses or you're getting your ass handed to you

Interesting. That's not how my games go

FATAL

>Interesting. That's not how my games go
Congrats I guess.

In balanced games that's not how things go. Most games are not balanced.

>...sweetie...

When you feed trolls, it encourages them to continue. A better way to make a troll upset is to ignore him.

RTFM you nigger

>here's my opinion based on anecdotes
Dumb sweetieposter

TTGs are much like life, the only way to win is not to play

>fa/tg/uys
>letting shit go
I SHIGGY DIGGY

They might not be the only games where you can be punished for learning the game...

but they are definitely the only games where a significant number of people that play them insist that punishing players for actually knowing the game is the best possible way to play.

>Implying every post made on this board isn't based on anecdotes.

How come every person that uses this image is retarded? Is this just one guy?
So this is the thought process of a DnDrone.. whoa
>Implying evidence isn't just groupings of anecdotes