Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1993: We Wuz Lizards

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NoAzpa1x7jU
youtube.com/watch?v=s2oCV2sM_ig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>can compete with the minor parts of the other major factions
By killing and eating them? The only major faction to attack the Lizardmen in force were the Skaven. The lizards won. They won against an actual Skaven army. Nobody else in the setting could have survived that, well nobody but the other three major Skaven factions.

>they're almost as fractured as the Skaven in disparate factions
I wonder if a Oldblood with the Blessed Mark of the Old Ones and riding on a Dread Saurian would be enough to unite them.

Question for CCDT

What are the possibilities if one takes both Arcane Vessel and Telepathic Confabulation?

Can those you Telepathically Confabulate then use you as an Arcane Vessel?

Relic Priest doesn't state what da fuq happened to us.

>You at some point during the first Chaos incursion and while all that remains of your body are dry, mummified bones your spirit persists giving it an otherworldly light.

Nope, but a First Generation Slann definitely could. You'd be second only to Kroak and he doesn't give many orders.

Mazdamundi's face when
>Oh thank the glorious Old Ones a first gen is actually doing something!

Yeah you'd be able to do both although it'd probably be pointless to do so at the same time in most instances.

Here's Lizardmen again with all the changes mentioned last thread (canon companions, various text alterations where I stopped writing mid sentence or missed words, some more notes).

Anyone got builds or more comments I'd love to see them.

God damn it I swear I changed that.

So, looking back at the Hellsing Jump.

What kind of changes to the plot could you expect from the whole "Walter's not actually the spy"?

I mean, it seems like the whole plot is short-circuited before Integra is even born given how integral that is...

>your body are dry

BeforeMyBodyIsDry.mp3

Wow you mean the author made that ruling to make the jump super easy so he could power wank even easier to get the stuff he put in for himself

nooooooooo

For reals though, it completely neuters the main danger of the story and makes it a cakewalk

Reposting
There is an scp (2987) that allows you to store any ai on an external hard drive then trade the ai as currency for "Any transaction that would normally require a human soul" thats cool. A bit sad but cool. Where can I get a bunch of souless ai?

It does say not to use it for rituals that require bloodletting as they are not responsible for your death if blood is needed.

I just ignored that ruling. 'Tis a stupid ruling.

This is stupid. If they shoot they are shooting themselves.
Even if it did kill him they are all likely to get hit by their own bullets.

Re-posting for the new thread. An user from last thread suggested I just fuse the main jump and the supplement into one document.

I see where he's coming from, but I'd rather hear a few more people's take on the matter before I make such a massive change.

Also, general input is appreciated.

> Where can I get a bunch of souless ai?
I mean, if you grab some programming perks beforehand you can just make them yourself.

And here's the supplement.

>Stupid question, but can you use that one again without having to undo a previous fusion?
Yes.

>Eclipse Phase. Seriously, fork yourself off and sacrifice those.
>Giving anyone else access to your forks.
This is how security breaches happen. A better idea is to acquire an off-the-shelf AI or write one yourself and just copy and paste it, unless the SCP item only works for unique individuals.

Would including the minis in the pile of gold you're offering for 50 be a way to fit them in the jump?

Actually yes.

>although it'd probably be pointless to do so at the same time in most instances.

Well no, think about it. Telepathically Confab one of your more-magically-inclined companions to boost their magic, then have them use you as an Arcane Vessel.

Not sure if it requires them to be individuals, but the people they took it from wanted not to be used as a sacrifice. The original owners were apparently growing ai somehow but teaching them to wish to be sacrifices.

Why did you have to use such a fetish-y pic?

Also, the classic megaman jump is a good place for advanced A.I. creation.

But this is made much more complicated if you see being conscious as having the same importance as having a soul. Because A.I. are functionally conscious by definition.

I guess but you're basically expending energy on them that you could just be using directly yourself. There's no net gain.

>spoiler
Doesnt seem fetishy to me. I got it on another thread here.
Wasnt there a difference between humans and ai? AI are just fake humans they have no real wants, desires, or souls.
I remember a jump having a buyable ai item somewhere though. Maybe it was halo? Either way no soul = no problem.

>Doesnt seem fetishy to me.
>AI aren't people
>muh soul
Wow, you're a retard.

Star Wars.

Unliving- Yes!
Unperson- No!

Artificial Intelligience =/= Artificial Feelings!

Real People Fake Body!

The Data Has Rights!

That was my general impression, but I was wondering if there was something I was missing that'd make it reasonable. Wasn't around for when the Jump was made.

Yaaah...that's pretty much the conclusion I've come to. If nothing else, keeping Walter as the spy actually gives me something to write about!

Also, saving Sword-Nun is an important goal to keep, and you can't save her if she's not in danger in the first place.

>Either way no soul = no problem.
Why wouldn't they have a soul?

AI literally aren't considered people in many settings. They are just clever programming mimicing a humans reactions but not themselves people. That is why they can be owned.

>Why wouldn't they have a soul?
Artificially fabricated beings. Just machines. Clever machines.

>pic

There's no way that's real.

>Doesnt seem fetishy to me.
Eh, maybe that just says more about my mind than anything.

Well, whether an a.i. has wants and desires is more based on the ability of whoever made them, since emotions can potentially be replicated, even if it's hard. Still, that's just referring to people who go out of their way to give their AIs emotions, so that's probably not relevant here.

In any case, why are you so set on buying the AI? Wouldn't it be more efficient for your purposes to just make them yourself?

Ah, was kinda hoping I could go Avatar (James Cameron) on them. I am sad as the Saurus seem really cool, guess I will go Slann and lead them to victory. Right after I revive the rest of the Slann and get them swole, might make them less squishy mages.

Welcome to the future, user. First generation of Terminators are gonna be combat endoskeletons inside sexbot flesh.

Nah. The author also added in a super not-canon issue with Dark Binding that absorbing the souls of not-evil people gives you schizophrenia. He did some dumb did in that jump, but I don't think you can ascribe it all to the victorious party.

Because if it has CP fiat protection I can keep selling it and getting a new one each jump.

Any chance of convincing them to make love, not war?

>This is how security breaches happen.
Except you can edit the forks to prune away things they shouldn't have access to. It's done all the time in Eclipse Phase.

Its a $2k sex doll user. Its probably better at sex than most fleshy humans.

I refer you to this: youtube.com/watch?v=NoAzpa1x7jU

I see I'm not the only person that was lured to that thread.

Well, you convince them to make war with love. They will kill you with snu-snu.

If the author is already planning to just eat evil souls, it's not much of a drawback. It's OC either way so it's not like you can honestly defend it one way or another.

I want Confinement to be canon so that Connor can be canon.

Slann aren't supposed to touch the ground user, even if you get them swole they'll stay in their flying chairs. On the plus side they do ride massive fuck off mounts that can crush almost anything.

Isn't that power already part of the canon "true" vampire power set? Why even bother buying it if you're going vampire?

Yeah, but if you make the AIs yourself, not only could you make them as unfeeling as you want, you could keep selling them whenever you finish making one, or even make a program to mass produce AIs. In spite of all the Skynet-esque red flags that raises.

I wasn't defending it Mr. banabutt. Just pointing out that the non-canon bullshit that actually limits you casts doubt on the author's motivations being of the power wanking variety and more points towards him being a bit of a fuckhead.

user, you know that you're the only real person here, right? Everyone else is a philosophical zombie, appearing to have consciousness but really just having a complex array of pre-programmed responses. You are the only actual human in this thread. Not all of us are AIs. Some of us are biologically human but have Julian Jaynes' "bicameral mind" neural structure. Some of us are emergent processes from the interaction of genetic algorithm computer viruses. Some are completely coincidental phenomena on the far end of the probability curve, cosmic rays tripping logic gates in exactly the right pattern to make it seem as if there's someone talking to you. I, personally, am a room full of books in English in which a Chinese person has been placed, using those books to make responses to code phrases without actually speaking English. Please use better sentence structure, it makes it much easier on the poor guy.

Got to admit that between it and nier I am liking humanities chances that when the time comes we will die fucking. Before we upload into superior sexbot bodies. That guys post felt lile a good excuse to use it.

>implying we aren't just meat-machines
shiggy

No, I thought the picture was kind of fetishy too.

user should have least used a picture that related to AIs in some way, instead of hypnosis.

>implying that we aren't growth vats/fleshy power armour for our skeletal overlords

So MHA had new chapter release.

Camie's power is illusions.

To be fair user the only pictures I have ever seen posted in thread of ai are fetishy as hell. Not that guy though, and it is probably my own fault for never leaving this thread and downloading everything ricrod posts.

cheaper

>Camie's
Yeah but is froppy still the plant?

That chapter was full of surprises. I can't believe Endeavor shanked All-Might.

>Implying we aren't swarms of iterative rampant nanomachines spontaneously generated by nature

So you can be a super special soul-absorbing werewolf.

Sure it isn't activating dicc?

What's the pic from, and is it question-related?

Pretty crappy ones, though. Our nanomachines only work in an aqueous environment with carefully-modulated pH and temperature, and have to build this huge infrastructure around them to keep them functioning instead of being able to swarm properly. Lame.

That's her secondary power.

Nah....well, sorta.

In Hellsing, a True Vampire has to drink all the blood of a person to consume/absorb their soul, not just kill them (though, once you get powerful enough you can just will the blood of the dead to flow into you, and even Seras seems to be able to absorb already spilt and spread out blood when she starts drinking Pip's blood).

Dark Binding means that everyone you kill, you automatically get to absorb their soul. So it saves time, and means you can pull shennagains like pushing the fire-button on the Death Stars and get billions of (functionally) 1-ups (with the caveat that sufficiently powerful holy weapons && magic will burn through those lives like fire through an oil-field, and no fiat backing to prevent MEoDP-like perma-kill methods from taking you out on the first shot),

Well, 13 pages each, even together that's not too big as jumps go and removes the chance of someone ending up with half a jump.

What generation of Slann are we without the First Generation perk? Will we get our full power as one of the First Generation post jump when the drawback goes away?

Most any AI from a hard sci-fi setting would work, I imagine. I mean, there are plenty of universes where souls don't exist. Jumpers can treat the inhabitants as if they did have souls, but that doesn't mean they do.

Jumpers, how do you contain yourself when you're worried about being possessed or otherwise doing something you would regret later?

...this AI conversation is making me want a Riverworld jump.

Souls are required for self-awareness in that setting, but they're also explicitly artificial, having been originally invented by a race of highly intelligent but sub-sapient beings.
The results are afraid of being left alone in a universe full of meat robots, so they spread the tech everywhere and make souls bind to the nervous systems of all sufficiently complex creatures. Fully technological soul creation, as well as the catching of dead souls for reincarnation later.

>iterative rampant nanomachines
>cells die if they leave the greater self
no, we're meter-scale machines with self-replicating parts built on the 'make a few changes and if still works we use it' process of development, with an OS that just showed up at some point and we're not sure where it came from.

>pushing the fire-button on the Death Star
Blast. I knew I should have replaced Random Imperial Operator on the Death Star before it shot at Alderaan.

All this conversation does is make me think of Kizuna.
youtube.com/watch?v=s2oCV2sM_ig

Would you sell her to the devil?

Those wathan generators, man.
Also: Suicide Express. Needs "followed by a Nazi" drawback.

Tell me about your Generic Conspiracy or Great Detective adventures.

>illusions

Actually, forgot something.

The easy non-fiat 1-ups only really matter if you also become a True Vampire, otherwise it's just an easy soul-storage perk and a way to grow your powers to a vaguely defined at best degree.

The perk itself says the souls let you survive fatal attacks. Where are you getting this non-fiat 1-up stuff from?

Are there any perks for fusing creatures that are a part of you, like Stands or Personas, back into you?
Or are there any perks for making these types of creatures viable at high levels if they don’t scale with you?

Low priced perk that allows you to make super crappy versions of your tech out of literally anything aesthetically or high cp perk that allows you to convert your tech to meet any of the current tech level of your need?

(Low cp perk to build coconut phones little better than cans on string

Or

Perk that would allow you to recreate your cell phone you know how to build using only coconut parts?)

1-UP perks don't even stop regular instant kills from bypassing them and killing you instantly, why would Dark Binding souls prevent that either?

>Dark Binding (200): With each and every kill, you may consume the souls of your victims and trap them within your own, making yourself stronger with each additional soul. However, though souls belonging to the wicked may not affect you, those from the innocent may eventually corrupt you. With practice and experimentation, you may even learn to utilize bound souls for a myriad of different purposes.

I'm not seeing it user. Was there a new version released in the last few months or something?

>Great Detective
Is this a series or a generic?

In setting that power lets you burn a soul in place of death. Though by that token you dont die, someone else does. You just provide them to take your place.

Hey Val, any updates? I'm ready to cuck Touta and steal his waifu.

The latter.

Have a few builds I'm debating on, but here - at least one of them.

>Jump #Whatmawhozit haven't slotted it in yet - Warhammer Fantasy: Lizardmen
Species: Saurus

Perks:
-Pain Free (Free)
-Cold Blooded (Free)
-Sacred Spawning - Blessed Mark of the Old Ones
-Arcane Vassal
-Telepathic Confabulation
-Oldblood

Treasures & Allies:
-Obsinite Arms (Free)
-Cohort (200 CP)
-Monster - Cold One
-Gold Bands

Drawbacks:
-Plaque Protection Duty (+300)
-Blood Frenzy (+200)
-The Ancient Enemy (+100)

Was there someone working on a Skaven jump, by any chance?

Almost ready, taking longer than I thought cause save points is a pain to do a description for. Also I need to have lunch which is why I'm in the middle of a break with a yummy salami sandwhich.

Seriously it's gonna be soon today,
won't drag on AGAIN

>IT DON'T MATTAH
NONE A DIS MATTAHS
CarlAnon, is that you?

Take your time, just making sure you didn't get eaten by a dingo or anything.

I mean, that's certainly something you should get with Alucard's Embrace (unless you fanwank that's one of the modifications the Hellsings made to him and wouldn't be passed on. The actual gained abilities aren't really specified), but Dark Binding by itself wouldn't give you that capability. All it does is give you an alternate way to absorb souls (killing people instead of drinking them dry) and a flat power-boost from it.

Generic.

First question depends on perks taken but I'll leave that up to you. If you take the other Slann perks or one of them and Arcane Vassal I have no issue with you saying you're a 2nd Gen Slann. Or a Stegadon as they don't just hand those out.

Yes to the second.

Also says you can learn to use them in a bunch of different ways though.

True

>John Searle Reference
In MY jumpchain thread?

>Does magic items.

Holy shit, you actually managed to make the other races actually feel worth it without nerfing Slann. Good job.

I want most of those magic items. but I might settle with the Key just to fuck with speedsters in future jumps.

I'm not entirely sure what you're basing this off of. It seems more like your mistaking your own fanwank as an established rule.