What's the best system to run a game about fighters?

What's the best system to run a game about fighters?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/57334818/#57344341
dsg.neko-machi.com/thrash.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Crimson Skies

GURPS martial arts.
You'll probably like this thread from earlier this week.
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/57334818/#57344341

I haven't played it but I've heard that Fight! is fairly decent

There is a White Wolf game for SF. Its kinda shit, but if you really want an official experience...

I know way back in the late 90s there was some free system (this was about the time that the original Returner FF RPG was coming about) called Blackbird or Blackhawk or something like that.

Legends of The Wulin is probably the best one, with the White Wolf Street Fighter RPG being a distant second but a good choice nonetheless.

Are you talking about this guy? As someone lucky enough to get to play this game, I thought it was honestly pretty good. Not as good as Legends of the Wulin, but far more approachable.

Cancel that, it was Thrash.
dsg.neko-machi.com/thrash.html

WW made a spiritual successor to that in an Exalted supplement of all things. It's better than regular Exalted

fpbp

I'd run it in Strike!, because you obviously want lots of fights, and then the fighting may as well be good.

Whitewolf SF game has spiritual successors in Thrash and "Fight! The fighting game RPG"

Why are people still posting after this post? thread question has been resolved

Good lad.

4e D&D. There were such a variety of different viable fighter builds. You could've made the whole party of fighters, each with a different niche of role and fightstyle.

What's the difference between "Fight!" and "Strike!" ?
I've read Fight! and I found it pretty damn good, even if a bit crunch-heavy

anima beyond fantasy, it has a pretty in depth martial arts system while also having a very in depth system from making special attacks that highly ties into said martial arts system

also one of the character perks you can take is literally just "you have orochi blood from kof" and doesn't even try to hide the inspiration

Seconding Legends of the Wulin, a fantastic if deeply flawed game. it takes a lot of work to learn and get running, but when you get it working right it's absolutely amazing.

You'd want one with very thorough non-abstract combat rules. You're also, most likely, gonna have to change out the initiative system entirely as the standard I take my turn then you take your turn then I take my turn thing just doesn't work for proper fighting.

GURPS could probably handle it with a couple of modules and some house rules, but I'd probably sit down to write a system from scratch if this was something I wanted to do.

anima does everything you said

Anima's particularly interesting because it has the Ki system for Fightan Magic and the modules and martial arts for Regular Fightan. If you want use Ki in Anima, though, you'll want to take a look at the Dominus Exxet sourcebook.

dominus also has a way better/expanded martial arts system

I tried to get into Anima, but it's hard to find a decent group and the system was just intimidating (and I say this as a 3.5/PF fan). Did they ever get the Core Exxet translated into English?

the book itself never got translated but there are translations of all the changes you can find online

as for it being intimidating, it's not as compliated as it looks, it's just arranged in a very awkward way in the main book and sometimes has a spotty translation