Aside from terrible wording, would this be broken?

aside from terrible wording, would this be broken?

I based myself on the following existing cards:

dungrove elder
dauntless dourbark
carnage tyrant

basically aimed to give treefolk one true OP legend aside from Doran, might give trample optional just like dauntless if it's too much

only change I would make would make his stats look even goofier. I'd go with P/T of X/Y. Make X equal to number of treefolk and Y equal to number of forests. His stats would be closer to other treefolk of being low power/high toughness but he could grow nicely. I'd also add reach just because hes a giant tree.
You don't really need the white for him at all. Only thing that is semi-white is the can't be countered clause and green does that just fine as it is.
Leave the name the exact same.

Why is it white? None of its abilities are white, or even shared with white.

He is borken, compare to the treefolks the other user listed, but the most offensive part about him is the first ability, you can't require players to keep track of past events without warning them in advance. What i mean is as you untap your opponent doesn't klnow about mc tree, so you can't have him interact with a past event your opponent didn't know was relevant. Can easily be circumvented by saying you have to reveal him in the untap step, but i think(and i am not sure here, i might be wrong) that untap step triggers are haram.

>controlling a person's turn takes effect on the previous turn
>raid asks to track the previous combat step
>Devotion and Chroma asck you to keep track of cards played previously
>The very concept of the stack and blue's counter game relies entirely on previous events
>whether cards from your sideboard are legal in your 60 card deck checks what game in a match you are playing.
The game is full of checks outside of the present, hell it often checks outside its continuum (shoals).

Needs to be at least 1 more mana to not be an "almost strictly better dauntless dourbark"
Change to "can't be countered if you control at least two forests"
Nothing about this card is white.

These in mind I'd push it to 2GW, make it something like "trample if you control two or more forests, indestructible if you control two or more plains" and drop the can't be countered and hexproof. Then maybe change "power equal to the number of forests you control and toughness equal to the number of plains you control." Numbers might need tuning.

See:

You are right, i was sure i saw some article saying something about it, i must have remembered wrong. Also just saying the only valid example you made is raid, but that's enough to make me wrong.

as other anons have stated theres nothing about him that makes him white

this user has the right idea, maybe up the cost slightly and add vigilance somewhere to keep the white flavour

If it had a way to prevent the opponent from destroying your lands , skipping your upkeep phase, or otherwise making you unable to untap your lands, it would be broken.

As it stands, it's just a big beatstick with hexproof.

he's retarded, absolute minimum he's a 2/2 trample hexproof for 3, but you're in green so when is that ever gonna happen, more likely the floor of this card is a 3/3 tramle hexproof that can't be countered and only grows.

It's too hard to interact with and gets too big too fast while being so retardedly simple to build around because it's just ramp, treefolk and a few answers and draw spells. 2/10 even wizards ain't dumb enough to print this

I know I stretched alot of those to fit, but raid is a sure fire ringer. You'd have been right maybe 3 years ago. It wasn't until recently that wotc openly dabbled in checking for more esoteric information or nontangible assets of the gamespace.

undercosted maybe

also why is it white- none of its effects are white, make it GGG

outside of that its a nasty beatstick

they printed tarmogoyf

it should cost more.
can't be countered if you played things, you can't shoot it down and it's strong as fuck
also, it should be green only

>controlling a person's turn takes effect on the previous turn
Yes, but you trasition into the controlled turn from your current, the control effect happens before the trigger(entering the opponent's "next turn").

>raid asks to track the previous combat step
Of the same turn you're in. Not a previous turn.

>Devotion and Chroma asck you to keep track of cards played previously
Which are on the board already, or in the graveyard, of the turn you're currently in.

>The very concept of the stack and blue's counter game relies entirely on previous events
In the same turn you're in, most of which exist as objects you can literally look at right in front of you, and not in previous turns.

>whether cards from your sideboard are legal in your 60 card deck checks what game in a match you are playing.
What the fuck does this even mean?

The point is, these triggers which check past events all have one or more of the following in common: They occur during the same turn, they reference objects still in public game zones like the graveyard/stack/battlefield, or the effect triggers AFTER the event, rather than having the trigger happen before you know you need to watch for it.

Making players track inconsequential events like prevous turn's untaps is bad design all around.

That's like saying that all equipment should be Skullclamp.

>Zerdosk, Gatekeeper of the Forest
>2WG
>Legendary Creature -Treefolk Shaman
>If you control two or more forests Zerdosk, Gatekeeper of the Forest cant be countered
>If you control two or more Plains Zerdosk, Gatekeeper of the Forest untaps during each untap step
>Trample
>Zerdosk, Gatekeeper of the Forest power and toughness are each equal to the number of plains and forests you control
>X/X

>trample hexproof, can't be countered
>will quickly be a 5/5 or bigger with no support except playing lands
This shit is busted

>>raid asks to track the previous combat step
>Of the same turn you're in. Not a previous turn.

This card isn't "if you tapped two forests last turn+on an opponent's turn" it's if you untapped two forests this turn, so it's based on something this turn too.

I don't like it, just saying if you're OK with the effect relying on stuff that happened this turn, this totally falls under that heading.