How could a science fiction setting look like where bio-tech has overtaken normal/inorganic technology?

How could a science fiction setting look like where bio-tech has overtaken normal/inorganic technology?

How silly is the idea of bio-space habitats/ artificial planets?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1nZn3gMHPxg
orionsarm.com/eg-article/51e53e97e6084
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yuuzhan_Vong
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Evolver faction from Gargantia. Essentially, people who used biotechnology and symbiotes to upgrade humanity into a form that can survive directly in space without a ship, feeding off stellar radiation and able to travel the stars on their own.

A few thousand years later, they are basically just animals. Space Monsters that would cut through the Tyranids like butter. Because mankind only needs knowledge and tools to make up for their own shortcomings and achieve greater success. If you are individually super powerful and you no longer need the help of others to succeed, with resources being freely available and effectively unlimited, you don't need civilization. Civilization will continue out of habit for a while, but eventually it becomes a vestiginal thing like the appendix: barely used because you have long since stopped needing it.

Yeah I won't lie that reveal,blew my damn mind.

Someone went a little too far with developing cordyceps and accidentally creates a planetary hivemind

Honestly my general assumption for ultra far future technology is that the difference between the two ceases to exist. Advances in robotics and molecular mechanics are both looking closer and closer to how organic things work, and we're even looking to replicate things like cell regeneration in the skin to have self-repairing paint for cars.

The future may well be a world of biotech machines with artificial cells and cellular structures, designed and programmed to fulfill a specific function, but able to adapt if necessary, combining the best of both techbases into a greater whole.

Bioengineered Trees are used to extract valuable minerals from below the ground instead of mining them.

youtube.com/watch?v=1nZn3gMHPxg

>How silly is the idea of bio-space habitats
Not silly at all, as user from stated, if you need system with sufficient complexity, that isn't pants on head retarded with it's size, you will need something that can be packed into single, high density package. With high density come organization problem, as you can no longer directly organize such massive systems, they will need to self organize and what is better self organized, than multicellular life forms?

Of course we will use better materials, maybe silicon based organisms emulating cellular structures, but refined by computer algorithms and able to communicate with much higher speeds and more reliably. Maybe we will just play with genome, until we have algae that will act not only as water purifier, but also CO2 scrubber, temperature/humidity regulator, food source and oxygen producer.

AND THEN THE POWER OF TIBERIUM SHALL BE MINE TO COMMAND.

Would these habitats be round?

A sphere is the most efficient structure if you need to consider surface area to volume ratio, although cubes aren't that much worse and are more convenient, especially if you need multiple connected structures as spheres can lose a lot of space given they don't tessellate perfectly.

Dyson thought it wasn't silly.
orionsarm.com/eg-article/51e53e97e6084

The other world from John Dies at the End.

Look up Giegerverse or the Lufae from Primordial Evo, both on the Veeky Forums archives. Real good biopunk

>Who needs aliens anyway?

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yuuzhan_Vong

Why is Isaac so based Veeky Forums?
I feel like he isn't mentioned half as much as Lindybeige or similar youtube personalities.

I was gonna bring these guys up. Thud bugs are best grenade

Why couldn't WE have evolved into the Ur-Quan?

Not enough scifi enthousiasts in Veeky Forums.