Weekend Warcraft Lore General

Women and Children Edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WIrtv1DH1IY#t=70
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for ironforge

>not wanting all four flavors of Eredar on one faction
Besides, we saw Velen so wracked with guilt so many times that he could reasonably try to mend every bridge and reunite the people that he failed.

Threadly reminded that the Forsaken are a result of shitty clusterfuck unfocused Frozen Throne writing which couldn't just let us play the secondary plot of the Undead campaign as Kel'Thuzad to fuck up Garithos, Sylvanas and the Dreadlords with no survivors.

I like the vanilla Forsaken a lot though.

>Communist Defias

>The following screams are heard echoing throughout Naxxramas in addition to during the fight with Thaddius, and will stop after Thaddius dies. The screams sound like those of a woman or child
The game can be spooky when it wants to be.

>that path leading to the main gate

Lmao, look at that shit how steep it is.

Ditto. They had a decent level of nuance there, while still being pretty categorically evil. The RAS doing horrific research and testing, the Deathguards and Deathstalkers just trying to make their guerrilla state function while preying upon the living remnants and attempting to weaken and eliminate the Scourge and the living both within their borders and on the outskirts, the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow internally bickering about whose dogma was correct while engaged in cloak-and-dagger attacks on Scarlets and other holy sites related to the Light, and all the while trying to recruit independent undead and liches to their banner.

And goddamnit, I fucking hate the new architecture so goddamn much. The Forsaken were perfect when they were living in the rotting and decayed husks of their former lives, not caring about repairing them because they had no real need of the infrastructure and the services they provided. A Forsaken people living in the shadows of their former lives, their capital erected in the sewers of Capital City, their existence a fleeting struggle against the inevitability of the Mindless State returning.

And now it's just a race of Dick Dastardly + Frankenstein with architecture lifted from Van Helsing.

>a race whose mounts are literally mountain goats and whose capital is connected to other regions through underground tunnels
>caring about a steep ramp outside that makes it harder for ice trolls to assault

Strength always to Skumblade!

Do you guys just ignore WoW lore or what? How is this clusterfuck even a general?

We mostly complain about retcons we hate and fling shit at each other over whether we prefer Red or Blue.

>Kvetch about what the games and supplements have given
>Kvetch about what could be changed
>Kvetch about what could've been
>Kvetch about what can be adapted or explored
>Kvetch about being superior to the official story forums

There is a fucking cart next to the near vertical part. Also, stop trying to come up with explanations, its cringeworthy. The only reason they made it like this because it is like that in the game.

More or less, I just use the RPG fluff. Chronicles is garbage, modern WoW is garbage. The RPG supplements were actually pretty decent, and they did a great job at helping to blur the lines between the factions while also playing up the Cold War feeling of things.

That short-story of a neutral Tauren coming across a Horde-aligned human that murders him was choice.

Has anyone run or played a Warcraft game not from the d20? Another system of some kind?

How has d20 versions worked other than the normal d20 issues?

>Ditto. They had a decent level of nuance there, while still being pretty categorically evil.
Which is why they shouldn't have ever been playable. At the very most they could've been the last NPC's in opposition to KT, however asinine it is that best Lich would let them exist longer than one month.

But no, we've got to have the stupid death heads AND put the Nelves into Alliance for good measure when building additional Horde towns in EK and additional Alliance towns in Kalimdor would've been far better.

I just like reading people complain, I actually enjoy the game casually and RPing and the lore as a whole even if it's pretty bad sometimes

One of my favorite things about the RPG was that i had Northrend mapped and fleshed out. And the fact so much of it made it into Wrath makes me definitely sure that Blizzard had everything in WoW planned up to Wrath. I also liked being a huge know it all in my RP guild because I read the RPG fluff

This is a traditional games board, so I'm going to storytime my first ever campaign as a GM, which was set in Azeroth. It wasn't in WoW RPG (I might be wrong, but I don't think it even existed back then), just good old early 3.5 We were all kids and bad at the rules, so 80% of the time I just pretended to consult a rulebook and resolved the situation in whichever way I saw fit. But, looking back, it was one of the best campaigns I've ever run and felt like a real adventure. It also went on for nearly a year, so there's going to be a lot of compression

Disclaimer: we played it before WoW was released, so the lore for it comes solely from WC2&3 as well as our headcanon, which turned out to be eerily similar to the lore that came much later

It was set after the conclusion of TFT and started in Gilneas. During the Third War, king Leonaris Greymane signed a pact with Arthas, allowing the Scourge free passage through Gilneas in exchange for the safety of its citizens. The king's paladin brother Dowan was vehemently against this decision, he threatened to rebel, was declared insane by Leonaris and confined in an asylum. Alas, the king's gambit merely delayed the inevitable, as the Scourge marched on to Gilneas as soon as Arthas became the Lich King. The movements of the undead horde were noticed by count Kearl, the commander of the border garrison. Pressed for time, he decided to free lord Dowan from the asylum to use his paladin powers in halting the advance of the undead. As soon as Leonaris received news of the invasion and of his brother's escape, he was infuriated and relieved Kearl of command, determined to deal with the Scourge himself. This strategic blunder left the Gilnean (or Gilnese, as we called it back then) army split in two and easily defeated by the undead. Begrudgingly accepting help from his brother, Leonaris protected Port Arcantas from the Scourge long enough for the remaining survivors of the kingdom to board the ships bound for Kalimdor.

The Gilnean fleet was caught by a terrible storm while underway and wrecked on the shores of the Ferocian Isles, populated entirely by satyrs. Once Highborne elves, they swore allegiance to the Burning Legion during the War of the Ancients and were transformed into satyrs in its aftermath. They were led by Arvallio, a former royal sorcerer of queen Azshara, who was using an ancient demonic artefact to summon an army of demons to take his revenge on the Night Elves. However, the summoning was going extremely slowly due to lack of blood sacrifices, which were only supported by extremely rare shipwrecks - Arvallio chose against raiding coastal areas of Azeroth and Kalimdor because he was obsessed with maintaining secrecy. When his spies reported a massive settler fleet passing by the isles, he felt that it was his chance and summoned a storm of apocalyptic proportions to wreck the fleet on his shores. The Gilnean survivors were herded into slave pens while the satyrs were getting prepared for the greatest sacrifice in history.

However, Kearl, Dowan and Leonaris managed to avoid capture. They were found and helped by Astralan, a satyr who secretly dreamed of getting his Night Elf form back and thought he could break the curse by redeeming himself. He showed the heroes of Gilneas the secret way into Arvallio's demon temple and told them where the artefact used to summon demons was kept. Leonaris told Dowan to try and steal it while he and Kearl distract the guards. However, he later explained to Kearl that he sacrificed his brother as bait to draw Arvallio's attention to the temple, leaving the slave pens lightly guarded. His plan worked: as the satyr had no idea how many Gilneans snuck into his base, he sent most of his soldiers after Dowan, allowing Leonaris and Kearl to free their people with minimal effort.

>Forsaken only have 3 zones, while the Horde presence in Arathi was primarily rooted in an orcish internment camp
>Both factions started Neutral to the rest of their side, instead of starting at Friendly as the rest did

I also really liked how the name Howling Fjord wasn't just a bullshit name but rather actually descriptive. Plus, the design of Azjol'Nerub.

Armed with weapons looted from a deserted armoury, the Gilneans confronted Arvallio in his temple. The satyr laughed as he summoned his demon minions to take care of the humans. However, no minions answered his call, as it turned out that Dowan managed to do the impossible, stole the artefact Arvallio used to control the demons and replaced it with a plain iron ring. Panic ensued amongst the satyrs, and they were slaughtered with ease by the Gilneans and Astralan's traitor faction.

In the aftermath of the conflict, Dowan called his brother out on his constant treachery. He explained to Kearl that he was, in fact, the older of the two and would have inherited the throne if he didn't chose to become a paladin. Thus, the actions of Leonaris were caused by his fear of being dethroned by his brother. Seeing how his lust for power was a constant liability for their cause, the Gilneans took the crown away from Leonaris and proclaimed Dowan their new king. The deposed monarch was extremely irritated and insisted that his brother was indeed insane, but no one listened to the disgraced king. The Gilneans repaired their ships, took Astralan's satyrs with them and departed for Kalimdor.

Fucking STOP. "Muh Alliance nelves and Horde forsaken" has been bitched about in these threads to death and beyond. It's been TWELVE YEARS! For the love of, God let it go!

If we let things go we'd have nothing to talk about.

When they landed in Kalimdor, they expected to be greeted warmly by Thrall and his Horde, but instead they were immediately attacked on their landing on orders of Warchief Mur'gan. He was a young orc farseer who learned about the militaristic Horde of old, idolised Gul'dan in his mind and devised a plan to usurp the mantle of the Warchief to restore the Horde to its original ways. He organised a diplomatic meeting between Thrall and the Night Elf leadership, ostensibly to put an end to the conflict in Ashenvale, had Thrall shot by a Goblin sniper during the meeting and put the blame on the Sentinels. Exploiting the outrage and thirst for revenge, he installed himself as Thrall's successor and began actively militarising the Horde with the goal of exterminating the Night Elves and seizing the entirety of Kalimdor for himself.

Leonaris and Kearl wanted to set sails for Theramore, where they would be more likely to find assistance. However, something unexpected happened: seeing attacking orcs triggered Dowan's insanity. It turned out that Leonaris was telling the truth: his brother was heavily traumatised by the events of the Second War, where he lost his wife and children to the invaders. Ignoring common sense, he ordered his forces to stand and fight, and torched the ships to prevent them from deserting. Leonaris and his loyalists refused to fight the hopeless fight and retreated into the bush, while the rest of the Gilnean leadership was captured. Mur'gan pocketed Arvallio's artefact and found out that it originally belonged to none other than his idol, Gul'dan, who lost it on his way to the Broken Isles. It was a ring given to him by Kil'jaeden, and had the power to open rifts between dimensions - this is how the satyr was summoning demons. Mur'gan summoned a firelord called Gehen with an army of fire elementals and ordered them to burn down Nordrassil to rid Kalimdor of the Night Elves forever.

Agree on the architecture, would've been nice to see the Northrend expedition just assault a vrykul town, and then take the bombed out buildings as their new encampments.

Then suddenly the Scourge arrived in Kalimdor. Led by Lord Cahhl, a member of a race of snake people native to Northrend, it's been chasing the Gilnean refugees the entire time, and now it finally caught up with them. The undead attacked the orcs, and Kearl and Astralan managed to escape in the ensuing chaos. Astralan remembered Kalimdor a little bit and led Kearl to the nearest satyr enclave, hoping to find assistance there. When they reached it, they found that the satyrs had an important prisoner - Thrall. His badly wounded body was brought to the satyr village by a river, and the local ruler Asbaphal planned to nurse him back to health, put mind control on him and use him to secretly control the Horde. Together, Kearl and Astralan tricked the satyrs and helped Thrall escape, hoping to bring him back to Orgrimmar and end Mur'gan's tyranny.

Their plan worked, they disposed of Mur'gan and his loyalists and re-established control of the Horde. The Gilneans were freed and joined the orcs in fighting the Scourge, which they eventually managed to chase away from Kalimdor. However, Gehen and his fire elementals escaped capture and continued on their way to Nordrassil - the firelord knew that if he managed to set Nordrassil on fire, his power would become godlike. Unfortunately, without support from the Horde, his forces were too meagre to fight their way to the world tree. The elemental then smelled burning rage in the air, and, following the smell, found the camp of Leonaris and his loyalists, who were planning their next move. After little persuasion, the fallen king agreed to an alliance with Gehen. They also came across Asbaphal and his satyrs, who were still searching for escaped Thrall.

Hey, this is pretty neat. I'm running a 5e campaign set in a post WC3 world but different from WoW. In fact, we start tomorrow.

I would go into more detail about what I've got planned, but Platts is a fucking faggot and is probably browsing this thread right now fuck you.

Why? We develop AUs here.

During the final battle on the slopes of Mount Hyjal, Leonaris went straight for Kearl and the Gilneans under his command, intending to execute them for treason. However, anger clouded his vision and the count managed to mortally wound him. Gehen noticed this and possessed the king's dying body to save his life. This time, Kearl was easily beaten by his enemy, but he managed to turn his fate around by insulting the king. Calling him an usurper, the worst monarch Azeroth has ever known and a traitor to his nation, he made Leonaris rage harder than ever before, and, because he was possessed by the king of fire elementals, his rage literally translated into temperature. Eventually it became so potent that the cliff on which Leonaris stood melted and fell apart, burying both the king and the spirit possessing him under a colossal heap of rubble. Meanwhile, in the confusion of battle, Asbaphal and his satyrs used their knowledge of the location to sneak to the sprout of Nordrassil, intending to set it on fire. Only Astralan noticed them and chased them down. He blocked Asbafal's fire arrow intended for the tree with his chest and his lifeless body fell to its roots - only to rise again as a Night Elf and to annihilate the satyrs with the world tree's powers that he could now channel.

This marked the end of the ill-fated Greymane dynasty. The people of Gilneas unanimously chose Kearl as their next monarch, and he founded New Gilneas in Kalimdor, with the full intention of uniting his forces with Thrall's Horde and kicking the Scourge out of the original Gilneas, and then - who knows? - maybe out of Azeroth as well. Astralan, on his part, swore to find a cure for all of Azeroth's satyrs.

>snake people native to the arctic
>ectotherms native to the arctic
Everything else just sounded kinda bland, but a randomly appearing snakefolk from Northrend just sounds retarded.

>oops, he really was crazy

Love it.

>>Forsaken only have 3 zones, while the Horde presence in Arathi was primarily rooted in an orcish internment camp
>orcish internment camp
>tfw I never realized "Hammerfall" refers to Orgrim until literally last year when I was on a Vanilla private server

I find it interesting how universal this idea is, I've been saying this shortly after WoW came out and I saw what the forsaken were.

Please note that this was before WoW, slightly after TFT. I'm still amazed by how many things we managed to predict with amazing accuracy. Fire Elementals and their boner for burning down Nordrassil, the name Gehennas (Gehen in our version), the invasion of Gilneas by the undead, even Garrosh. Now we're getting a race of snake people in BfA. Who knows how many elements of our old campaign are still going to come true? Man, I wish I could be a writer for Blizzard.

Go back to discussing air currents in /wbg/

>Dude why is this campaign made by a bunch of school kids over a decade so bad lmao

It's not universal. Night Elves and Forsaken are two of the most popular races of their respective factions. Most people love having them as player options. It's just a handful of WC3 spergs in these threads who for some reason can't understand the idea these two races may ally with others.

>Night Elves throw in with Alliance because orcs are chopping down their trees
>Forsaken throw in with Horde because humans murder them on sight

These aren't hard relationships to justify.

They even talk about it in the intro:
youtu.be/WIrtv1DH1IY#t=70

People complain about Alliance Night Elves because the Alliance has brought them down.

People complain about Horde Forsaken because they bring the Horde down.

I don't even think it's bad, it's just not autistic over details.

That feel when a bunch of school kids over a decade ago still wrote a better story than Christie Golden.

Drakuru was a bro, shame about the Scourge thing.

It was a pretty neat story, man, I see why you focus on TFT, it really does feel like a campaign from WC3.

The factions are far more than alliances. You might as well make everyone the same race in this game.

anything good by christie golden?
I mean willy kang wrote G&F

It's been twelve years of utter bullshit and we've finally hit the peak. The volcano is about to blow. It's only a matter of months before the Night Elf fags will be actively sabotaging the Alliance in dungeons, raids and battlegrounds to assert their "independence", while the Forsaken continue to co-opt more and more of the Horde player-base into their nefarious and irredeemable mindset.
WE can no longer sit back and allow Night Elf infiltration, Forsaken indoctrination, Night Elf subversion, and the interfactional Forsaken-Night Elf conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids!

Sure, now they are. But back in Vanilla when this whole snowball got rolling that wasn't the case.

Though I will say even in Legion, faction homogenization is far more of an Alliance problem than a Horde one. We still have it, but it's not quite as bad.

>modern WoW is the only way the game has ever been

I even made a primitive wargame system for strategic battles, it barely worked and was so imbalanced that every battle was either a hair's width away from a TPK or an absolute breathe. But my GM'ing was so obscure that I always made it seem like there was a lot at stake.

Yeah. The Blood Elves and Forsaken have (mostly) kept their uniqueness and the Tauren Trolls and Orcs are culturally similar enough that the homogenization makes some manner of sense (Goblins will do anything you want them to for money). It's more character focus problems than anything.

>We still have it
Only between three races.
Undead, belfs and goblins are completely unlike the rest of the Horde or each other.

>faction homogenization a problem
>when only the Night Elves are the odd ones out
Really makes you think.

I disagree strongly. I have played undead since Vanilla, and I hate living in ruins like a hobo. Unlife goes on. We're sentient people, not shambling scourge zombies.

Night Elves are pretty True Blue by this point. Night Elf PCs will paint the same portrait of Anduin on Cho's wall any other Alliance character will paint.

Orcs, Trolls, and Tauren still aren't all that homogenized either, which is nice. In fact Tauren can't be because they like the ladies. My point is Horde doesn't really feel like Orc Empire, while Alliance absolutely does feel like Human Empire.

Relax, even if some guy is browsing Veeky Forums, there's no way he can tell you and your campaign from hundreds of other people and campaigns.

You are everything wrong with the Forsaken playerbase.

No, he's really not. I can say that while I prefer the old look of the Forsaken it makes sense they'd want some kind of infrastructure. I just resent how they threw all sense of subtlety out the window and turned Tirisfal into TimBurtonLand.

I can say the worst parts of the Forsaken playerbase are the RPers. Which is true for all races.

You're missing the point.
The argument pulled out was that Orcs, Trolls and Tauren are already culturally similar enough that homogenization makes sense. But for some reason this doesn't work for 80% of the Alliance? Worgen are just Gilnean humans. Dwarves function almost exactly like humans except they build different cities. Gnomes are the Dwarves' technical cousins. So where does that leave us: Pandaren Draenei and Night Elves. And only the Night Elves ever whine about homogenization.
So it's obvious they should've never been in the Alliance at all.
Also, "Horde doesn't really feel like Orc Empire", just wow. It's the Orcish Horde. The fact that it's led by an undead elf and the Tauren are progressively losing character with every expansion while the Darkspear trolls are at a point they have fewer characters than they can count on their hands is a PROBLEM, not a solution.

>I can say the worst parts of the Forsaken playerbase are the RPers.
And also the best.

It is a problem, just not really a homogenization problem.

Orcs have Saurfang and Thrall at this point, MAYBE Eitrigg. I'm not sure you could really call it the Orcish Horde anymore.

Listen up, faggot, if you think the developers have an obligation to cater to your specific expectations and taste (which is total shit, to tell you the truth), go fuck yourself. Everybody hates whiners.

Homogenization is a fucking buzzword.
In Warcraft, there can be Orcs, Humans, Night Elves and their allies, while everyone else is either neutral creep, enemies or Frozen Throne "characters".

There is Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos and there is everything else, same as there is quality and there is non-quality. This is absolute. No disagreement is necessary.

I found Forsaken RP characters were always the most predictable of Horde characters, which is really fucking saying something. Basically you only ever got three kinds of characters:
>Gibbering Mad Doktor psychopaths who talked about how they wanted to vivisect everyone in the room
>Crawling.avi edgelords who just sat in the corner and cut themselves about how they hated everyone
>Guy who didn't know he was dead or was no longer part of the Alliance even though he's sitting in a fucking Orgrimmar bar.

He regularly browses the Weekend Warcraft threads. He'd know.

I've posted before about my setting a few months ago (was hard not to procrastinate over the holiday period) , but I suppose sharing again wont hurt.

It takes place on Kalimdor, 10 years after WC3. Instead of forced conflict for the sake of the MMO, there hasn't been a world shattering crisis every 5 minutes and the Orcs, Tauren and Trolls are at relative peace with the people who evacuated EK with Jaina, mostly humans but some Dwarves, Elves and Gnomes too. Also, Orgrimmar is in the barrens now because WHY WOULD YOU BUILD A CITY IN A FUCKING DESERT THRALL YOU DUMB DUMB

Some Orcs weren't able to adapt to peace loving happy fun times and left or were exiled to Durotar (except it's called something else now because see above about desert city). They fight everyone and anyone and like to piss off the Night Elves, but Thrall has made it clear he wants nothing to do with them.

The Night Elves just keep to themselves, they aren't BFFs with the Thrall's Orcs or Humans, but as long as they stay away from muh trees, it's fine.

The first part of the campaign is gonna be about spoopy hidden enemies trying to get everyone to fight with each other again.

Maybe later they'll go to Eastern Kingdoms WHICH IS PROPER FUCKED

It's not amazing writing, but I'm DM'ing for the first time leave me alone.

I...uh...what?

Are you saying that WC3 is the only good Warcraft thing?

But then why are you dismissing Homogenization concerns?

>I found Forsaken RP characters were always the most predictable of Horde characters
Not belfs? Come on nigga

>my opinions are facts
You may be autistic, user.

Because it was never a problem that Dwarven Riflemen trained in Human Barracks or that Elven Sorceresses trained under Human Archmages. But now there are Night Elves involved and there's suddenly fucking problems.

>judging Horde RP by what you find in an Orgrimmar bar
The Wyvern's Tail is basically just Horde Goldshire.

Well, yes. Because the Night Elves were their own unique faction with a unique aesthetic and lore.

Dwarves, Gnomes, and Humans are more acceptable.

Only because later expansions fused the various militaries into just "the Alliance" and "the Horde". Back in vanilla they didn't actually mix much at all, with Alterac Valley and Sillithus being pretty much the ONLY "multicultural" battlegrounds.

I met a hilarious forsaken this summer, he was assembled from body parts of two different people on a battlefield. The head is a pacifist and cowardly chef, the body is an asshole with a hair trigger temper. He constantly argued with his body, apologised for his actions and used flowery food metaphors to describe everything.

What it really boils down to is that the modern Alliance is shit. Enslaved to a boy king that takes advice from an angry werewolf- surely nothing will go wrong here!

Horde is slightly less so, and only slightly.

Belfs could be cringey but at least they had a variety of personalities. Not good personalities, but more than three.

Far and away though none of that shit is the worst you find in RP which isn't just ERP. No that's a tie between dumbass (Not A) Death Knight garbage and "young" characters who can't function without reassurance from everyone in the room and who talk in that stupid fucking weab stutter.

What is the point of having them be factions at all then, can you tell me that? Is it because the Night Elves were turned so weak they couldn't even defend Ashenvale? Or because the Forsaken were "given another chance" despite having absolutely no intention of being anything other than manipulative genocidals?
The Alliance, or I should more correctly say, the Humans, is a military that consists of units made in Town Halls, Human Barracks, Workshops, Arcane Sanctuaries and Gryphon Aviaries. The Horde, or more correctly, Orcs, are a collection of units made from Great Halls, Orc Barracks, Beastiaries, Spirit Lodges and Tauren Totems. WHO IN THE FUCK had the bright fucking idea to start letting them train units that come out of Ancients of War and Crypts as well? Why is this so difficult to understand?
IF WC3:ROC IS PERFECTION, WHY DEVIATE FROM THE PERFECT?

>but more than three
I know two: arrogant pseudo-french fag and coldsteel the hedgeheg. If we accept ERP there's also the cock-starved slut.

Is this some sort of elaborate ruse to tear into WC3 grognards?

I think it's a crude ruse to tear into people with a brain.

I actually kind of like Gnomes.

When they have the decency to have facial hair, at least.

You're seriously gonna sit there and tell me "Vanilla" WoW > WC3? Fuck it, y'all deserve the WC2 shit you get as a result.

Don't forget
>Female Blood Elf amazon who "hates elves" and prefers the company of orcs and trolls
>Female Blood Elf hunter who chainsmokes and acts like Han Solo sans charm, charisma, and cleverness
>Male Blood Elf Paladin who brags about being a tool of the state

People who hate WoW gnomes come with the hate of gnomes ingrained from their D&D experience. WoW gnomes are fucking cool. With the exception of voices.

I don't hate WoW gnomes. I think they're kind of creepy and weird, but they work.

Gnome players, on the hand, are universally wretched. Even outside of RP they're always fishmalk dickholes. To say nothing of the people who are aroused by the race literally designed to be childlike in appearance.

>the night elves' best character, who is an experienced leader that commanded a multicultural army including demigods and nature spirits, is regulated to shitty sidequests rather than being the military leader of the Alliance instead of a crotchety old furry
>Velen, who is a draenei on top of having a personal connection to the Light for over forty thousand years, plays second fiddle to an eighteen year old fuckboy as a priest
>the absolute state of the Council of Three Hammers
>Mekka-who?

It fits the Alliance more to be a unity of separate nations that don't have a central figure, since it's a fucking ALLIANCE. The Horde makes sense for having a Warchief as overlord because the whole idea is the importance of the singular group overwhelming the importance of clan and tribe, all for the sake of strength and survival. High King should have never happened, and the Horde maybe should have abandoned the idea of a Warchief after Garrosh.

>Windrunna
>Da Loa Spirits whispa to me...
>"Muh War in Warcraft"

That's got to be the first guy I've met who hates WC2.

>the Horde maybe should have abandoned the idea of a Warchief after Garrosh.

It more or less has been. Even under Vol'jin it was really just a formality; there so the Horde could have a single military commander. The individual Horde groups have all more or less retained their autonomy.

It's stupid to even still have it, at that point. And it isn't just a formality now that Sylvanas has taken it and she's now eternally justified in doing whatever the flying fuck and has also become the only relevant Horde character. It would have been much more interesting for Vol'jin to declare that the Horde had grown past the need for a Warchief, and that it would only cause Garrosh's crimes to be repeated.

It would require Blizzard having nuance and putting more effort into writing multiple characters rather than just having "This is the guy that matters for this expansion"

Well, we also have depressed Forsaken who complain about coming back, but don't commit suicide for some reason, Sylvanas drone Forsaken who won't shut up about Sylvanas, Forsaken who talk like necromancers even though there's no necromancy in the game and many other wonderful varieties.

Another goddamn Nelffag trying to sow dissent in Alliance ranks. The Dwarves are perfectly happy as are the Gnomes and Draenei with their service to the Human Alliance. If you wanted Tyrande to be anything other than a bit-part useless cunt you should've boycotted Vanilla WoW from the start to show that you'd never accept her needing the help of the human kings you despise so much.

I like fembelfs who act like a typical feminine belf, but in a brutal Horde context. They're hilarious but rare.

>autismspeaks.png

Those all fall under the previously-mentioned edgelord misanthropist category.

>there's no necromancy in the game
Unholy DK's would like to disagree with you, user.

I wasn't talking about Tyrande, you fucking sperg. I don't want her getting any more spotlight after they assassinated her and Malfurion's characters.

Jarod is a cool guy, though, and it's a shame that he only shows up in Hyjal and Val'sharah when he's the single most experienced commander/warrior in the either faction by a significant margin.