mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6kihIexKXJA
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA!v1pxhIQQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nurgle is also an NPC though.

3rd for best Chapter

>be tau
>Die

You went to fast Khan.

Yo my Tau dude, I was talking with you about that list a few days ago, talking about commanders behind your troops and how I'd have taken a broadside but that's just me.

How did that list fare in the end? You played with it yet?

Xth for orks

Sounds familiar I'll have a look.

>a White Scar going TOO fast
Well, it is a timely end I guess.

How did you acquire that middle finger hand?

I wanted to convert the clenched fist hand in the nobz kit to be flipping someone off. Very classic ork tradition that must be kept alive

Chaos bros, what models do you use as obliterators and havocs?
The normal resin kits?
Plastic devastators and resin obliterators?
Conversions?
I started chaos shooty recently and I need Ideas.

Pro-Soup > Anti-Soup

Curry >>>>>>>>>>>>> Soup

500 points of Tanith
Trying again a bit more faithfully

Vostroyan Battalion

HQ
Lord Commissar
Power Sword, Boltgun, Honoured Duelist, The Armour of Graf Toschenko
55 pts

Company Commander
Boltgun, Dagger of Tu’Sakh
31 pts

Company Commander
Boltgun
31 pts

Troops
Infantry Squad
Boltgun
41 pts

Infantry Squad
Boltgun
41 pts

Infantry Squad
Boltgun
41 pts

Elite
Command Squad
x4 Sniper Rifle
32 pts

Special Weapon Squad
x3 Flamer, x3 Demolition Charge
72 pts

Heavy Support
Heavy Weapon Team
x3 Missile Launcher
78 pts

Heavy Weapon Team
x3 Missile Launcher
78 pts

Total: 500 pts

Commander with the dagger infiltrates with the snipers

>What is the terror of death?
>That we die our work incomplete
>What is the joy of life?
>To die knowing our task is done.

Lexicanum says its from rogue trader, that the one you were thinking of?

This

I'm going to field this in a local tournament and you can't stop me

That's actually really similar to a freemason initiation/rehearsal

>t. Guy whose dad is in the masons and keeps trying to rope me into it

The Last Hunt and the Scars serie are must read for WS fans.

Sweet Forgeworld upgrade kits and resin Oblits. Converting either just makes them look like shit and out of place unless you are greeenstuff god already.

Yo don't leave me on read bitch

Sounds like you've not used it yet though?

Hey mang, it was pretty nice against most things until I came up against AdMech. Dear god, those beep-boops can shit out an obscene number of S6 AP-2 shots. I got tabled hard that game. In the end I only had characters on the table. A broadside would have died on turn one, as it was the Commanders all died fast. I think we ended at the start of turn 4. Still hopeful for the list doing reasonably well in the tourney.

Waacfag > caacfag

youtu.be/6kihIexKXJA

A little show of the Arx Angelicum. Shame the dude didn't try to portray the defining traits of the BA, like the Sarcophagus room, the tower of Amaretto, etc. As it is now, it could practically be any chapter, but it's still very impressive.

Can somebody share the Daemon Codex so I can distract myself from crippling depression?

Patrician tastes. Make sure to paint them with tattoos

Maybe one of the designers was a mason? I like many of the quotes in 40k. Like pic related.

It's in the MEGA
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA!v1pxhIQQ

But since you're lazy, here.

Absolutely.

CaaCfags are just dishonest, lazy waacfags.

Aaah thank God! Thanks as bunch user, it was driving me crazy.

FW for guns, magnets so I can swap them on my havocs. Actual models are from CSM kit plus some other bits. My obliterators were made of centurions and bits

Does your tourney permit four detachments? Most follow the book recommendation of three.

Weird, I checked it earlier and I swear it wasn't in it. Thank you.

>come down from very long acid trip with a friend
>We spend the last couple of hours painting our dudes listening to music waiting for the exhaustion to set in

Very cozy
too cozy.

Yeah I only found it because I vaguely remembered it as well.

ALRIGHT FELLOW IMPERIALS, YOU WAKE UP ONLY ARMED WITH YOUR TRUSTY LASGUN AND YOUR ADEPTUS MUNITORUM STANDARD ISSUE GEAR AND SEE PIC RELATED. WHAT DO YOU DO?

Slaneesh cultist pls go

It doesn't follow ITC or anything, apparently we're playing with GW rules and missions straight out of the book. It'd be worth asking about the detachments, I guess.

For havocs, MK IV or III kits with heavy weapons scrounged from wherever I can get them.

For obliterators, converted centurions.

I think they may have been if they're writing things like the OP. It was certainly a much bigger thing back when a lot of this game was written than it is now.
My dad's lodge is actually called the lodge of perseverance too ha

How can my dick be of service?

SHOOT THEM BOTH FOR DISTURBING MY ASSIGNED REST PERIOD OF 2 HOURS

WRONG ANSWER! *BLAM*

Well the book recommends a 3 detachment limit at 2K.

I'm trying to get back into 40k, but I can't decide what army to build. It's especially hard now that there are all these alternate FOCs that I can use now.

Main contenders are:
>Black Templar Melee Horde
>Ditto, for Flesh Teasers
>Daemon Engine Jamboree
>Maugan Ra's Dark Reaper and Death Jester Edgestravaganza

Are any of these ideas even remotely viable?

Decent m8. Sounds like it's well equipped for the most part.

Have you considered cyclic ion blasters on 1 or 2 of the commanders? More shots to take down more holy robots, but still strong, and you can overcharge for when you need s8 back. You might think it's diluting the simplicity of your list though idk

Eat them.

*Makes my armor save*

F̵̤͎̳͉̣̹̮̫̪̞̠̱̙̦́͠ò̘̩͍͎̬͚̙̬̞̺̙̫͇̮̼̣̝̼͝ó̴̴̬̫̗̩͉l̨̨̼̼̯̼͢͠͝ͅ,̰̰̥͔̪́͠ ̢̳̖͔̺̩̩̬̥̥͔͖̬̳̥̰̀͜ͅį̶̴̺̦̥̝͕̬͓̯̪̝̰͎̀͝t̰̰̥̠̭̭̠̩̯̪̼͎̙̻͖͈̞̼̀͘ ̤͕̳̻̻̩͍̖͇̕w̧͉̣̖̣̭͈̰̝̭͇̪͓͖ì̴̵̹͈͚̘̱͙̼̮̮̥̦̫ͅl̶̴̶̛̼̘͔̰͎̭̬̮͕̣̮͍͟ĺ̴͈̰͔͔͚̣̙͚ ̨̨͈̩̗̝̦͚̥͞t̴̨̧͇̼̗͕͉̤̼̺̰̹̀̕a̸̸̧̞̹͇̱̤͓̯͔̝̩̦̱̳̳̭̖̩̣͞k̟̩͕͓͔͙͙̗̺̰̯͈̀ͅe̛̛͍͈̰̙̺̭͘͜ ̧̠̟̠̰̖͘͠ṃ̵̶̛̱͙͕̩̠̙͎͇̳͠o̹͎̝̗͓͇͙̟̩̼͇̫͓̱͢r̵̵̵͉̣̙̯̬̖̘̣̣̪e̶̵̜̣͕̼̟̤͞ͅ ̵̧̛̮̣̻̰̰̰̳͚̬͇͈̟̯̳̳͘t̸̘̺̟̞̤͍̫̣̻̠̟̖͝h̶̺͓̳̰̞̕͞a̻̣̖̬͡ǹ͈̥̮̦̗͖̯̥̘̖̪͓͍͔̖̟͘͞ͅ ̶̡̡̮̬͚̹̮̟̙̺̺̻̹͞t̷̗̬͔̮̺͎̩͞h̡̢̧̞̼͇̼̹̜͘a̶̷̼͉̠̗͈̜͚̭̣͈̦͓t͓̳̱̩̥̬͖̼͇̱̫̙̳̥͟ ̡̡̡̮͈̙͚̙̻̘͉̻͙̭̼̥̠͔͔̪̩͇t̷̛͔̪̦̳̪̀͡o̶̜̱̞͎͉̕ ̸̨̫̺̪̻͇̫̹̟̤̖͇͈̖͍͔ş̢͕̗͉͚̙̳͉̳͙̤̙̻͕͍͈̻͍͠͞l̸̷̜̗̥̰̳̫͕̟̟͙̻̟̟̀a̴̜̹͍̥͙͕̠͉̳̳̜̬̫̰͕̣͝ͅy̘̮̗̙͢͝ ̵̛̼̫̟͈̝͚͖̗̦̱͕̜ͅm̶̧̳̗̼̖̣̤͕͍̣̻̘̟̖͍e̸̝̞͍̠͝.̶̴̫͉́ ̴̛̘̗̗͍̜̻̦͖̬̞͈͖̠̹̹̥̱̘̯́́͘

I wonder if Tau players actually know that the community actively wants them to be bad because they break the verisimilitude of the setting.

We never really had a problem when Eldar or Necrons were broken (unless they were always playing against them), but Tau being good is seen as an affront to the very nature of our identity.

I can probably confidently say if you like Tau as much as you do, you should probably be playing a different game.

I know nothing about the masons. I guess they borrowed from them as well. The horus heresy has warrior lodges for all the traitor legions.

Good lord that looks good.

Why is every edition of Warhammer 40k ruined by some Eldar unit?

it is tradition

The fact that you can't trust Eldar isn't just a lore tidbit.

>if you like Tau as much as you do, you should probably be playing a different game.

This^^

Knowing nuGW, they will get fucked soon.

Perhaps you lack the strength to prosper.

Expensive as fuck though as you need 1 helbrute kit for every obliterator

>here you go new player, just do this simple conversion :^)

I've been thinking about kitting out a couple of the Commanders with missile pods and letting them spam shots from within the fire warrior blob.
CIBs seem to be almost strictly worse in terms of AP and damage output than fusion blasters for points, with the same range. If I'm going to be spamming S7 AP-1 I'd rather have the range of the missile pods.

Sauce?

Like Orks, Necrons and Eldar don't.

Why are Dark Reapers OP?

Well for a start they always hit on a 3+ and ignore hit penalties.

>tfw lascannons used to be called blazoogles
just read through rouge trader with some buds and we were laughing so hard at some of the crazy shit in this game

honest question, is it worth playing? it seems so out there in comparison to later editions
do people still play it?
i couldnt imagine there would be a community behind this book

>blazoogles
That sounds like something slaanesh would've come up with to use instead of Snu-snu

>implying I don't run 30+ of them in every list

They didn't break it when they first released. The empire theme and their narrative were a cool addition to the game. The suits that have come in since have expanded on that theme, but slightly to the detriment of the empire motif, which is a shame and yes does detract from their contribution to the setting if you ask me.

I think that's why a lot of the Tau players in here talk about fielding kroot, fire warriors, vespid, auxiliaries etc.

Also:
>Stop liking what I don't like: the post - verbose edition
>This isn't what I want the setting to be like so you shouldn't be allowed to play like that because I say so

kek. I've never played it, but I have only heard of grognards sticking with 2nd edition but that was many years ago. Don't you need a gm for RT? I am going through the book now looking at quotes.

I also discovered all these markings use to mean something. This pleases me. Hazard stripe on helmet = field police!

ASKING FOR THE SOURCE OF THIS HERESY? WHY?

GOOD THING I ALWAYS CARRY A POWERSWORD. FORGET YOUR DAMNED ARMOUR SAVE!

BEGONE, FOUL BUGGER!

THIS WOULD BE A CORRECT ANSWER IF THE ONE ON THE RIGHT WERE NOT THE EMPEROR OF MANKIND WHO IS IN PERIL!

AN ELDAR, EH? YOUR KIND IS ALWAYS GOOD FOR SOEM FIRE PRACTICE!

That makes sense actually. I might check out the profiles in the index and rethink my own options now haha

>Tfw bought a set of expensive 3D printed CIBs and waited a month for them to arrive

Personally I much prefer fielding masses of Fire Warriors supported by Hammerheads and Broadsides to suit spam, but sometimes you've got to roll with the punches and field shit you don't want to so you can stand a chance of winning a game.

>I'm gonna need four frowns for this

Someone post cute Tzaangors please!

His tg, I'm playing DE and harlies and going up against 1000 points of blood angels. What do you think of this basic list.

Battalion
HQ Shadowseer
Troupe master (kiss and Fusion Pistol)

Troops
Troupe 5 (all Caress and Fusion)
Kabalite warriors 2x5 (with one Blaster each)

Heavy support
Ravager (disintegrator canon 3)

Fast attack
Skyweavers 4 (3 zephyrglaives)

Vanguard
HQ Archon (parasite kiss and agonizer)
Sslyth 3

I'm wondering how to counter deep strike since he can charge me easily out of deep strike with the psi power giving him free move.

>ASKING FOR THE SOURCE OF THIS HERESY? WHY?

SO I CAN DO MY DUTY TO PURGE THE UNCLEAN, LORD COMMISSAR

>I wonder if Tau players actually know that the community actively wants them to be bad
Veeky Forums isn't even a fraction of the community

Found the flapper

Not anymore

>NPC = xenos
>main story is imperium v chaos
>somehow a god of chaos is an NPC
durr

Veeky Forums is a meme inducing shithole. And people love meme.

>6 power for 5
>5 super devistators with weird missile launchers cost almost the same as a squad of 5 marines
Why does anyone even play power? This surely must be the WORST example of a power imbalance when using power points.

They are still cheap as shit with points anyway.

>just read through rouge trader with some buds and we were laughing so hard at some of the crazy shit in this game
probably orkish
back then everyone had the same weapons, yes even nids. Nowadays they still have roughly similar statlines anyway.
>honest question, is it worth playing? it seems so out there in comparison to later editions
Try it out?
i only played 2nd, which i detest due to it being extremly tiresome (vehicle rules and melee especially). 2nd did have some fun elements though, like a vehicle loosing a wheel and slamming somewhere

If your not a loyalist space marine you are an NPC. By next edition nurgle will be forgotten like slaanesh and khorne is right now. you exist for loyalists to kill. This is your moment in the sun. Enjoy it.

Thanks, user!

I wanted to use agressors + the hot glue trick, when it comes to making sores and muscles out of green stuff It's not a problem to me.

>"Tau being good"
>He hasn't read any Tau fluff past 4th edition
>He doesn't even realise some people choose to play Orwellian Tau
>He doesn't realise they play Orwellian Tau because the Tau maintain a facade of being "good" and he's failed to see past it
>Who's the naive one now, gue'la

You just keep on believing Tau is an empire of peace, and don't you let anybody tell you different buddy

We need to separate the hot glue trick from the... "Hot glue" metaphor. It makes things very confusing to work out sometimes.

The anniversary WD outright says that the themes of the T'au Empire is progress, tolerance, unity, and enlightenment. These things are not evil.

>hot glue trick

please, explain.

Fuck the sterilization camps, the best example of the Tau Empire being a dystopia is the entire saga of the Puretide Engram Neurochips.

There's something else too, you know.

Polished up my Alpha Legion list a bit, going to have to make some Havocs though.

+ HQ +

Lord Arkos: Combi-melta

Sorcerer in Terminator Armour: Combi-bolter, Force sword, No Chaos Mark, Prescience, Warptime

+ Elites +

Chaos Terminators: No Chaos Mark
. Chaos Terminator Champion: Combi-plasma, Power fist
. 3x Terminator: Combi-plasma, Power fist
. Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Power fist, Reaper autocannon

Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought
. Left Arm: Butcher cannon
. Right Arm: Butcher cannon

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists: No Chaos Mark
. 17x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun
. 2x Chaos Cultist w/ special weapon: Heavy stubber
. Cultist Champion: Autogun

Chaos Space Marines: No Chaos Mark
. Aspiring Champion: Bolt pistol, Combi-melta
. 7x Marine w/ Boltgun
. 3x Marine w/ special weapon: Meltagun

. Aspiring Champion: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
. 3x Marine w/ Boltgun
. Marine w/ heavy weapon: Heavy bolter

. 3x Marine w/ Boltgun
. Marine w/ heavy weapon: Heavy bolter

+ Heavy Support +

Chaos Predator: No Chaos Mark, Predator autocannon
. Two lascannons: 2x Lascannon

Havocs: No Chaos Mark
. 2x Havoc w/ boltgun
. 4x Havoc w/ heavy weapon: Missile launcher

Keep believing it friendo. We'll be along to show you the benefits of joining the greater good shortly. Everyone ends up joining you know, because it's so peaceful and virtuous.

>What race that refused to join?
>I don't know of any race that refused to join
>If you can find them then by all means let me know