Do humans and demons have romantic relationships with each other in your setting...

Do humans and demons have romantic relationships with each other in your setting? Does it ever end well or is it always pain and misery?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_effect
mgewiki.com/w/Monster_Girl_Encyclopedia_World_Guide_I:_Fallen_Maidens
mgewiki.com/w/Monster_Girl_Encyclopedia_World_Guide_II
boards.fireden.net/tg/search/text/"in your setting" couples|relationships|marriage|interspecies/type/op/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No.

>I'm a demon
>this means I have incredible powers but I look like an incredibly attractive human/elf with a few features like a horn or a tail

Stop this shit.

>pain and misery
Is rapture and ecstasy to some, and are gifts worthy of sharing

If they do this fine gentleman comes knocking at their door

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_effect
Why wouldn't they be? They're supposed to tempt humans. They would look like the most innocent, cutest waifu and act the part until they finally get their claws onto you forever.

Besides, Jesus was canonically pretty damn ugly. The moral is that evil can be beautiful at times, while good can be ugly.
>He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.

Considering that the only way a demon can stay with a human forever is if he goes to Hell, I see no way this can end in anything other than pain and misery.

Yes, it's how Tieflings and Aasimar are brought into my world. It sometimes ends well, Some super fanatic of a specific demon/angel gets laid, when they die they enjoy their time in their respective after life.
The kid grows up being shunned though, either due to fear from demonic influences or from jealousy of angelic ancestry.

>How dare people contradict my poorly conceived notion of what demons should look like?

Fuck off brainlet.

Men have romantic relationships with women all the time in the real world too so might as well have it in my setting.

Should it end in more or less pain and misery than attempts at romantic relationships between humans and angels?

Angels will do things to your butt due to all the repressed sexual urges while demons are actually super cuddly.

More pain. In order to be with the demon forever, you have to go to Hell. In order to be with the angel forever, you have to go to Heaven. The latter is more difficult, but it also is far less painful.

Angles are dicks only because they're lawful stupid

they do fall in love with humans/Elves in my world, but honestly it might be better for a person to hook up with a demon in my world.
Angels will not be nice at all and be super controlling of their spouse if they decide to be physically with them; probably condemn them to hell anyways due to adultery or messing with the order just to save face or something.

I can imagine doomguy wasting the demon and just slowly shaking his head at the human.

Demons are fallen angels, they do not hate the mortal races so much as they envy their freedom. So they sought ways to create conditions where said mortals humiliate themselves, make beasts of themselves; in a vain effort to show to a Creator no longer caring or even able to change things they were the superior choice.

As you gaze into the Abyss, the Abyss gazes into you and thus they made monsters of themselves in the process; tempters obsessed over mortal races debasing themselves in order to debase them. Many naive mortals mistake this for love. A rare few naive demons even mistake what they feel for love and try to ascend above their nature. But these unions, even when mutually desired, rarely end well...

Wouldn't he kill the human as well?

Or not. Doomguy's backstory makes him seem like a pretty good guy, not a psycho. He's on Mars because he refused to shoot civilians, and he fights demons because they are invading. He's a soldier, they are enemy combatants. So I imagine it'd come down to whether the demonic partner counts as a civilian or not.

Campaign idea: a demon wants its superior assassinated, takes humanoid form, seduces one of the players.
Or: a devil lets a mortal enslave itself, because devils are always part of a hierarchy and a mortal master is easy to manipulate, especially with sex.
All fiends are attracted to strength, demons to brute combat prowess and devils to cunning. They try to make mortals fall simply because those still resisting them are irresistible to them. But should the mortal fall, their soul becomes far less of the price once in the Lower Planes and is eventually abandoned, since the light which made it precious is gone - in essence you died long before your body did - and eventually becoming a fiend itself, drawn to that which they have lost and beginning the cycle anew. So the only way to have a happy ending is to stay adamant, tempt the fiend to repent and drag them to the Upper Planes with you.
Consequently, a romantic relationship with a fiend is a constant battle of wills and wits over your very soul, and theirs as well. Simply having one won't damn you, just make your damnation pretty damn likely.
Also, the reason behind reason paladins exist is to provide irresistible and incorruptible waifubandos to fiends and win the conflict between good and evil through attrition.

Humans and Demons romance eh? Perhaps this setting could help you satisfy such fetish/tastes/cravings:

>>mgewiki.com/w/Monster_Girl_Encyclopedia_World_Guide_I:_Fallen_Maidens

>mgewiki.com/w/Monster_Girl_Encyclopedia_World_Guide_II

>>mgewiki.com/w/Monster_Girl_Encyclopedia_World_Guide_I:_Fallen_Maidens

>mgewiki.com/w/Monster_Girl_Encyclopedia_World_Guide_II

no, user

no

Given what demons are in my setting, physical closeness would cause your flesh to warp and boil and even thinking of them too intensely can induce madness or dementia. Demons do not have feelings or thoughts and no human would ever think of a demon as an individual entity that could be the recipient for feelings or even love; at most you could have a personal hatred to a demon overlord that has caused you grief by destroying your hometown or shit like that.
Also they don't look pretty.

So sincerely fuck you and your fetishes

>his fetishes don't include mindbreak to the point of worshipping living avatars of destruction in a twisted parody of love

A soldier in my setting has to pay monthly child support to a succubus.

Depends, doom guy can be quite forgiving if you didn't hurt anybody.

Seeing as Demons in,setting are what amount to energy beings thst lurk within magical energy waiting for someone to make themselves vulnerable enough to be coerced into letting them take their body over so they can revel in the sensations of flesh and/or eat people. In theory yes, in practice no.

>That slight indentation at the top of the thigh-highs.
Good lord...

Demons don't have bodies in the human plane of existence, they're trying to grow a demon tree that will puncture the spheres and allow them to climb into human reality but that will take a lot more time.

The only contact and influence they can make is in dreams, children dreams. That's why they appear more goofy, fluffy, cute and trustworthy than sexy. But they always remain twisted and animalistic, not being able to completely hide their disgusting nature.

Depends on the demon and human.

Succubi are a thing user. Demons have shapeshifting powers, and some humans are just monsters and want to be tempted.

Romance-wise it can happen. Tieflings and the like exist after all.

Such relations haven't had a good track record, but the setting is going through a bit of upheaval, so we'll see.

YOU ALREADY KNOW BECAUSE YOU KEEP ASKING THIS QUESTION OVER AND OVER.
boards.fireden.net/tg/search/text/"in your setting" couples|relationships|marriage|interspecies/type/op/

Demons love mortals, in fact they love them far more than any of the so called angels or other beings of the light. That said, it is not a traditional sort of love of the individual in most cases, but a love for their behavior and corruption. For all the intrinsic flaws and usually negative vices that make them uniquely human and succeptible to the temptations of demonkind, physical, emotional, or otherwise. Never cruel, always nurturing of the poison they sow and enable.

how wonderful!

Humans and demons were made for each other. They're both god's abandoned creations. The demons came first, the humans came later when god got bored of them, and now god has gotten bored of humanity. Humans and demons only have each other in the vast loneliness of the universe.

Essentially, hell is fire and brimstone because when god tired of the demons, he sent down his holy wrath and destroyed their atmosphere and eco-system as a final "fuck you" to them. He did a similar thing with earth, filling it with toxic poison and transforming it into a toxic wasteland that's hostile to humans. Humanity managed to survive because of our technology, but now everyone has to live in ecospheres and have masks of they want to go outside. A lot of portals between the demon and human worlds have been permanently opened up, so interbreeding between the two species is extraordinarily common. God wasn't very creative and kind of reused a lot of ideas when making humans who are demons with a few mental and physical differences, so they are biologically compatible. Both races are trying to discover a way to overcome and destroy god for abandoning us. We SMT now.

“Demon” is a blanket term used by humans to classify things which don’t look like human, but are obviously intelligent, and aren’t fae. No, they don’t.

Just curious, what made you think that giving OP the angry replies he so desperately desires would cause him to stop making bait threads?

I first went into this setting wanting nothing more than a waifu, but after reading the lore I came out as doom guy.

user no

we have talked about this

>Do humans and demons have romantic relationships with each other in your setting?
One-sided relationships, sure. Succubi in my setting tend not to focus on just sex but instead feed off strong emotions, so they tend to target shit like chaste knights, married couples, etc., so they can string the guy along feeding off positive emotions until they're ready to move on, then fuck up their lives by revealing the relationship and ruining their social ties/former marriage/etc., feeding off that despair, then moving on.
>Does it ever end well or is it always pain and misery?
Always pain and misery, no exceptions, demons are horrible people as a rule. Best end is the human finds out the demon's true nature and kills them before anything bad can happen to them, but even then a gullible human might fall for "oh please forgive my existence, I don't want to be evil, please help redeem me!" which is of course always a lie intended to ruin the human even further.

It always ends in pain and misery, not out of demonic malice so much as demons don't understand the idea of love without pain.

Well, when you say "demons" do you mean demons in general or demons specifically? Of the hells you have demons, daemons, devils, and then you have extraplanar beings of chaos and evil; all of which view and interact with humanity differently. Not to mention different "classes" of human deal and see said mentioned beings differently.
A relationship between a wizard and imp will be much different than that of a cultist and devil. Such interaction indicates if said relationship will end bad or "good"

>god isn't creative enough so all races look humanoid
One of the better explanations for a magical realm I've seen.