What is the proper reaction to a failed speech check?

What is the proper reaction to a failed speech check?

This manga has been one the funniest i've ever read.

Dependent on the scenario .

That's a stupid reaction user

This evening is over, I think it's time for you to leave.

Pretty much this, it's a case-by-case thing.

Though almost universally, the NPC/s in question will think less of the party, or at least the member who failed.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Immediate violence.

>It is well known that careless talk costs lives, but the full scale of the problem is not always appreciated.
>For instance, at the very moment that an Earthman, Arthur Dent said "I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle," a freak wormhole opened up in the fabric of the space-time continuum and carried his words far far back in time across almost infinite reaches of space to a distant Galaxy where strange and warlike beings were poised on the brink of frightful interstellar battle.
>The two opposing leaders were meeting for the last time.
>A dreadful silence fell across the conference table as the commander of the Vl'hurgs, resplendent in his black jewelled battle shorts, gazed levelly at the G'Gugvuntt leader squatting opposite him in a cloud of green sweet-smelling steam, and, with a million sleek and horribly beweaponed star cruisers poised to unleash electric death at his single word of command, challenged the vile creature to take back what it had said about his mother.
>The creature stirred in his sickly broiling vapor, and at that very moment the words I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle drifted across the conference table.
>Unfortunately, in the Vl'hurg tongue this was the most dreadful insult imaginable, and there was nothing for it but to wage terrible war for centuries.
>Eventually of course, after their Galaxy had been decimated over a few thousand years, it was realized that the whole thing had been a ghastly mistake, and so the two opposing battle fleets settled their few remaining differences in order to launch a joint attack on our own Galaxy- now positively identified as the source of the offending remark.
>For thousands more years the mighty ships tore across the empty wastes of space and finally dived screaming on to the first planet they came across- which happened to be the Earth- where due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog.

"No way, fag."

which is?

Failing a speech check is basically dropping your spaghetti

Thats fucking stupid
i love it

>calling your interlocutor mom (if its a woman, especially if its the queen or something like that)
>stuttering when you try to make a one liner
>not knowing what to say
>speaking your mind out such as saying "What a fucking dumbass"out loud

Depends on the situation I'd say

What in Davy Jones' locker did ye just bark at me, ye scurvy bilgerat? I'll have ye know I be the meanest cutthroat on the seven seas, and I've led numerous raids on fishing villages, and raped over 300 wenches. I be trained in hit-and-run pillaging and be the deadliest with a pistol of all the captains on the high seas. Ye be nothing to me but another source o' swag. I'll have yer guts for garters and keel haul ye like never been done before, hear me true. You think ye can hide behind your newfangled computing device? Think twice on that, scallywag. As we parley I be contacting my secret network o' pirates across the sea and yer port is being tracked right now so ye better prepare for the typhoon, weevil. The kind o' monsoon that'll wipe ye off the map. You're sharkbait, fool. I can sail anywhere, in any waters, and can kill ye in o'er seven hundred ways, and that be just with me hook and fist. Not only do I be top o' the line with a cutlass, but I have an entire pirate fleet at my beck and call and I'll damned sure use it all to wipe yer arse off o' the world, ye dog. If only ye had had the foresight to know what devilish wrath your jibe was about to incur, ye might have belayed the comment. But ye couldn't, ye didn't, and now ye'll pay the ultimate toll, you buffoon. I'll shit fury all over ye and ye'll drown in the depths o' it. You're fish food now, boyo.

Shame on you for not knowing H2G2.

Grand Blue according to google

Listeners who would be tempted to attack if they heard this from you, attack. Listeners who don't like you, may consider attacking. Listeners who would otherwise ignore your speech, are not liking it. Listeners who like you, ignore it.

>accidentally call the queen mom
>that’s her fetish

Why do you need to make a check to talk?

Your PC might be better or worse at speaking than you are.

I dunno OP, you tell us since you just nat 1'd this thread

Depends on the talk. You can't just have your PC whip out some words and expect everything to be peachy all the time every time.

... is she hot?

Yes, but only on whaler standards.

melon

Did OP pass or fail his speech check? I guess he passed since people responded to him.

It is impossible to tell, both failing and succeeding end up giving you (You)s.

Finding a system with less stupid mechanics. Speech check, really?