If you have to include catgirls in your game, what kind of catgirls are the best to have?

If you have to include catgirls in your game, what kind of catgirls are the best to have?

The ones that emphasize the cat and deemphasize the girl.

this

Smol catgirls. (Like, the size of a cat)

>If you have to include catgirls in your game, what kind of catgirls are the best to have?
Depends on the setting

Just normal girls with cat ears and maybe tails

Not make the game if I'm forced to include something for reasons

Anime.

If you are going to have catgirls you might as well go full nekomimi, all other shit are just lame and thinly veiled excuses for furfaggotry.

I never really get threads like this. I get the idea of them, but it just never makes sense to me. You never 'have to' include something in a setting, it's all about what it contributes to your setting, and that varies immensely depending on your group and the style of game.

I have a player who really likes catgirls, so I include a catgirl race in our D&D settings because it's something he enjoys, finding or homebrewing appropriate stats depending on the flavour of the system and fitting them into the world in the most natural way I can.

If you are going to have catgirls you might as well go full anthro, all other shit are just lame and thinly veiled excuses for weebshit.

My situation is basically the same as yours except my players will beat me up if I don't include them.

>what kind of catgirls are the best to have?

Sphinx.
Make 'um a hard counter to 'intelligent' Dragons: not as physically powerful, not as egomaniacal, but very cunning, very big on long term plans, and exceptionally skilled with obscure magics and enchantments.

Don’t really give a shit as long as you don’t role play licking yourself or other annoyances

Same as any anthro/ furry not explicitly included in the setting by the designers: Extinct.

Extinct implies they existed at one point, cupcake. In which case I’d be sure to play up the “last of its kind” snowflake trope just to get under your skin even more. :3

Extinct means there are no more living examples.
Last of their kind is ALMOST extinct.
Slight difference.
Learn how to snowflake, muffinbrain.

Nyaanderful anime girls.

Big, horned, multiple ears, inspired by Roman legions and Mongol hordes.

Or something like that.

fuck this is a cool cat can I have some more?

It's the Charr from GW2, probably what I'd call the best beast race design in vidya.

anime catgirl >>>>>>>> furry catgirl

So, basically Char from Guild Wars?

That was the joke, yeah.

These are both equally correct.

I'd make them like the Khajiit in the in-game lore books in Elder Scrolls games (though never in the games themselves). There's a huge amount of variation within the species depending on the moon phases at the Khajiit's birth, they range from elflike except with cat eyes and ears to tigers the size of horses tiny nekomimi taking gigantic tiger dick oh god its heavan

How do you get Anime in your tabletop? Do you just draw everything beforehand?

1. Both genders
2. No anime trope overdose
3. An actual explanation for their existense.

So, like any race.

Elder Scrolls still has top tier beast races.

Well to be more honest, I prefer monstergirl versions of Beast races. And just describe them as such. They have human faces, animal ears and tails, maybe hooves or funny eyes, no fur, etc.

I get it’s personal preference, but I find most uses of furry beastfolk for anything other than fetish (which if that’s your thing go ahead) to be kinda dumb.

Partial to the design aesthetics of Trianii, which are fortunately canon again.

They basically look like humanoid great cats, with cat faces.

>Base them off of those weird hairless cats
>Make the ladies indistinguishable from the dudes
>Make them all conniving self-centered assholes like real cats
Done.

not that one but why not a spectrum between were cat and qt animu girl

I think the opposite

If it's just a human with ears and a tail glued on, then what's the fucking point?

Anthro characters open up more story possibilities due to their greater physical differences to humans

how does pic related make you feel?

A. Greater degree of empathy
B. Less having to come up with superfluos details since they are more humanlike
C. Sexytimes.

But that’s just my opinion.

>how does pic related make you feel?
It's so mundane I barely feel anything.

Isnt that a dwarf

>If it's just a human with ears and a tail glued on, then what's the fucking point?

They're more "human" which is good when making a civilized race. Narrative-wise they fit more with humans, elves, dwarves and such. Last, but not least, i aesthetically like them more than nonhuman head (and sometimes digitigrade legs) on human body. It feels weirdly more "honest" to just make them humans with different ears.

Masturbation pretending to be worldbuilding.

My general limit is "If it has a snout, it's out"
More beastlike limbs and such are ok, but I prefer more humanoid faces.

Personally, it's either like your pic related, or full-on creature that can't be even mistaken for human.

heh, this reminds me of a pic of a guy fighting a bunch of female weretiger-like creatures, beating one of them with another of themselves

its basicaly tigers with tits, no humanoid faces or limbs, just breasted cats

"Honest" in what way? I always saw it as an excuse to have an animalistic person without actually having one. Much of the time, the animalistic traits in such examples don't exist or don't matter, making them superficial windowdressing. In such cases it is far more honest to just have humans with defects because that is clearly all that you are really after.

straight up antropomorphic animals
>inb4 furry
weeb catgirls are basically humans with ears and sometimes tails, beastmen are an older concept than a retarded fetish community

This applies to furries too. If i were to do wholly nonhuman beastmen, i'd do it in 's way.

You either go elf degree or anthropomorphism or go full inhuman. Furries are neither.

>beastmen are an older concept than a retarded fetish community
>inb4 furry
Oh the irony

I agree with that. I always felt the idea of having extremely similar bodytypes, or the excuse of convergent evolution was lazy as fuck, and fails because it doesn't even generally work the way people want to believe it does. The usual argument is most intelligent things will be shaped like a human, rather than saying most would simply have a biped stance and similar head/limb configuration. A biped could be drastically different still from a person, I mean birds even are technically biped. A human-like face, skin, and even secondary sexual traits are extremely specific and do not belong in any animal that is not tied directly to humans.

Also, something like this has always wierded me out a little. Like visually you could interpret it either as someone in a lazy costume, or someone who has been outright frankensteined with replaced limbs and added parts. To insist that it is a natural thing in a setting is even weirder.

he's not really wrong. Just a bit lacking in self-awareness.

I don't get it

Possibly that classical depictions of animal people in myth are very, very often associated with sex? Look at Satyrs.

It's mostly how it's drawn. The beast part starts too abruptly and is not present anywhere other than few places.

I like D&D's beastfolk because they hit a good balance between these two

They're just human enough to be relateable, and just animalistic enough for it to be more than just an aestetic thing

Forgot my pic

maybe it's NOT a natural thing. Maybe those crazy wizards have been selectively breeding them and then they got loose into the wild and took over somewhere out there and started actually developing a society.

Don't have the image saved, but like that one tiger lady from that one manga who full on rapes a dude.

>what kind of catgirls are the best to have?
The ones for fucking and breeding

No that's doggirls.

I'm the GM blessed with players who are fine with crazy anachronistic JRPG worlds, so they just are there, alongside more animalistic lizardpeople, ancient robots and sapient elementals.

I don't need any convoluted explanation because i'm not a lame-o.

The kind you want to have, it's your game. Catgirls are the most popular monstergirl race by such a huge margin that they're treated as a separate cat-egory. People like them, and as long as they're not being creepy about (or you like them being creepy), I'm generally a fan of letting people do what they want to do. Even putting aside the sexy stuff, being catlike and suave is a fantasy just as much as being a big muscledwarf or powerful mage is.

I had a Tabaxi NPC in a game once, because we were using a big whiteboard as the map and drawing a smiley face with cat ears took two seconds while making it clear to the players who it was supposed to be.

Also there are certain traits people associate with cats (Stealth, curiosity, sprinting, being assholes) that you can apply to cat people and everyone will intuitively understand and easily remember.

Do you not design your own setting?

catgirls they call them forvalakas in the old tong.

There are legitimate reasons to consider cat-people of some kind in a setting, the same reasons that lead to so many elf variations: It's easy for people to quickly understand what they're mechanically about, but not to the point where they can only do one thing they way dorfs can get.

I prefer girl cats.

Big stronk gender+ catgirls

Daimah.

If she looks me in the eyes, I will have to challenge her to a Pokémon battle. I feel like that.

A talking cat. Could be female, who cares?

that cat has a nice rack
if I solve her riddle will she accept to grab a cup of coffee at the tavern

Feline like shapeshifting monsters that change into catgirls to lure furries into a death trap, not for /ss/.

Worst possible opinion, please discard yourself.

>obligatory Guoh image.png

Pretty much everything in Greek mythology is associated with sex, though. Almost every story is either about someone wanting to bang someone, or the result of someone banging someone.

we really haven't changed in some aspects.

That's true throughout most of human history. Which makes our modern taboos around sex even stranger than they already are.

Properly nonhuman, anthropomorphic big cats. Animu catgirls that are just waifs with cat ears jammed on is fucking obnoxious and stupid. Rubber forehead demihumans are cancer in the extreme, and nekoshits are no exception. What's the point in having nonhumans if you're going to do everything in your power to make them as bland and as close to baseline humans in thought and form as possible? Either go humans only or make your nonhumans actually meaningfully different.

>reeeeee what you like is wrong what i like is right

Furries, everyone

I even like nonhuman races, and you are fucking obnoxious

>Nonhumans should be nonhuman and not fully replicatable with a trip to a party store
>Fuggin furries
Nah. I just think it's lazy and lame to take a potentially cool concept for a race and boil it down to some faggot with some stuff glued to his head. I feel the same way about people who make elves that are just smug hippies with ear prosthetics or orcs that are just big green racial metaphors. I honestly don't even really like beastfolk but I think if you're going to do them you should fully commit or you shouldn't do them.
I get that you can't fully step out of the human headspace, and that's a limitation of roleplaying that I accept, but I just find it boring and a little distasteful to have a creature that logically should be leagues different than a human mentally behave exactly according to your own modern sensibilities, logic, and mindset.

But why should they be different? Any logic you might use relies on a lot of assumptions that aren't necessarily true in the context of a setting. If you think about evolved behaviours of distinct species, sure, they might end up very different. But in a lot of fantasy settings, you're talking about a world where life was created directly by divine forces which are human templated, so all intelligent life they create also being human templated makes perfect sense, even if there's variation on the formula.

>Charr
Alri-
>Female Charr
Possibly the only answer worse than anime catgirls

No. Elder Scrolls ALLEGEDLY has top tier beast races. But until we get an actual game that includes the slightest shred of Khajiit lore and races, or Hist fuckery, than they are just two bit people with different amounts of average body hair.

Mah nigga.

Best catgirls are the catgirls that torment you across 3 generations, several continents, and across 3 dimensions.

The problem is, DEEP and ORIGINAL species are rarely fun to play, and even more rarely they bring something meaningful to the setting.

Besides, to actually get to the "civilization" stage species should have a certain set of traits that will make them more human than deepfags want to admit.

I suppose if you want to just have a bunch of off-brand humans running around then that's fine, you do you,, but a lot of them even in their more watered down forms have things that should massively change their worldviews and cultures but never really seem to get mentioned in much detail. Take elves for example. 9/10 elf societies function more or less exactly like human societies except with more trees and smug, but given that two common major traits of elves in fantasy are incredibly long lifespans and an innate talent for magic. A civilization where people can live for centuries, millennia or even longer probably wouldn't look much like a modern human society, and the mindset of someone who's been alive for +1k years would probably be pretty alien too. Same thing for being innately magical.

My point being, I just don't think it makes any sense for a nonhuman race to look and act +/-99% like humans, and it's kind of boring to boot IMHO. If your whatevers are so close to being human that you could list the number of things that couldn't be pulled off with a human ethnic group on one hand, then I think you'd be better off just making them a human ethnic/cultural group.

That's a matter of opinion, desu. I'd say they at least bring as much as D&D style cosplay demihumans.

Weird races admittedly work, but in settings where they are the main point of reference.

I played Engine Heart and it was a blast. Maybe sometimes i'll play mouseguard.

In fantasy settings when you have Bob the Human, Leagohas the Elf and Bw'rrt the Sz'rrt? I can guarantee someone in this situation will have a bad time, and i'm not even talking about GM, for him bad time is guaranteed. It takes exceptional roleplayer to play a sentient shade of purple half-decently AND make him fit in with the rest of the group.

I agree on point of not making races just humans with slightly different culture. That's why my race of anime catgirls is physically, mentally, culturally and behaviorally different :^)

The spectrum ranges from weebshit to furfaggotry? Yikes, sounds like these things should be cut out of the setting altogether.

Actually, I kinda like DnD/Pathfinder lamia, because they have a gimmick other than being catgirls shaped like centaurs. Specifically, they get magic powers from blaspheming gods and convincing humanoids to become heretics.

>they get magic powers from blaspheming gods and convincing humanoids to become heretics.
that's kinda hot

All of life falls somewhere on that spectrum. Pick a side. Can't afford to be neutral on a moving train

Not that guy, but what if I like all of those, depending on the tone of the game i run/play?

Then you are either a filthy traitor to both of your kinds, or the ultimate life form, the kwisatz haderach who will bridge the gap and end the war forever

Semi-intelligent, always chaotic evil.

Always savage beastmen fags are just as obnoxious as furfags. We get it. You like warhammer and are 14.

You mean, make people of Veeky Forums stop yelling at each other because the other side has badwrong opinions?

ha.

I don't and I'm not.

Haha time for jobbans

For me, I like to have them be sort of western cartoon style. By that I mean, that they are nearly human looking, but if you take more than a glance, you can tell they are cats. Pic very much related, minus the godawful feet. It's a Blacksad/Thundercats/Swat Cats style look to them.

For my setting I did this deliberately to have them contrast against the more bestial looking animal races. The Ipotane are very much bipedal horses, with long horse faces and digitigrade legs. The gnolls have big ol snouts and a subtle hunchlike posture. The ratfolk are very rat looking, in fact they're the ones who look most like the non sapient version they come from.

I even made the catfolks origin story help explain why they look so human and not more catlike, and why they have 9 lives.

The
>Sir Not-appearing-in-this-book
Kind.