What happens when the local police department comes face to face with mythos creatures during the course of an...

What happens when the local police department comes face to face with mythos creatures during the course of an investigation or raid on the local murderous cultists Veeky Forums?

Apparently they hush up what really happened but deploy large amounts of firepower and (eventually) explosives after the cult or monster is unearthed.
That’s basically what happened during the government raid on Innsmouth.

>talk
>shoot at it
>if it dies, investigate
>if it doesn't die, die
>send in the party

Fire. The oldest method of exorcism.

>NA
shoot it then ask questions
>EU
get killed by it then blame racism agaist eldrich creatures for its agression.
>SEA
throw it out of a helicopter then shot it

If you want to investigate them: call the Feds.
If you want to destroy them: call the ATF.

Is the rationale thing to do in the face of the irrational to destroy everything and hide the evidence? What does a sane person do? Especially a police chief of all people

what happened at red hook?

Jesus that was a shit comic
>two and a half issues of Deep One rape
For goodness sake Alan just stop

>EU
>blame racism agaist eldrich creatures for its agression.
Well, yeah, going aggro on elder beasts without knowing what their level of conscience is or whether or not they can be benevolent or beneficial seems like a pretty dumb thing to do. I'm with the EU on this one.

>NA
>shoot it then ask questions

I figure Canada would at least say "sorry" before shooting and burning it.

It becomes a gritty survival-horror movie, with the officers picked off one-by-one. But the toughest, most grizzled officer - the one with a little girl to go back to, he's raising her after his wife died - ends up saving the day.

Considering how things like the North Hollywood and Miami shootouts became big deals and were followed by sweeping reforms, it's hard to believe you could sweep that sort of thing under the rug

Rephrase it as something more mundane, maybe

Parasyte is a great example of competent and effective government monster-hunting.

...that didn't save them, in the end, but at least they didn't die stupid

>Mainstream US media refuses to report it because they haven't figured out how to turn the eldritch horror into a story that helps their party win elections
>third party news sites attempt to spread the news on social media
>get banned and deleted for being fake news or russian propaganda
>everyone else in the world knows some strange unknown creature was discovered by the police is some hick town in the middle of nowhere from their mainstream media networks
>people try posting links to foreign news articles about it
>Americans just consider it unreliable and refuse to believe it

Pic story?? Movie?

From the Terminator Chronicles tv series (which was unironically amazing, at least most of the time)
I suppose the image is technically a spoiler, but we all know how SWAT team vs Terminator goes.

Honestly, that would be a pretty funny comedy game.

Honestly this basically. Hell at best it would show up as "twelve police officers found dead in 'freak accident' during a drug raid in [small town, state name]" on the little news ticker on most news networks. That's how fucked anerican news networks tend to be. Doesn't matter how many died if ot can't be politicised it takes backseat to whatever the president said on Twitter.

Sounds like something I need to read.

If there's a shred of evidence or authority behind the story, the news media would pounce on it. People are desperate to believe in the supernatural.

But that was the best part. Not even kidding, the comic sucked. Especially by Moore standards. Alzheimer's?

Sad but quite true.
Twitter and FB censorship engines would be busily scouring their sites and deleting any mention of eldritch abominations because it's "hate speech and racism" too.

Until someone higher up in the chain of command tells them to talk about Kim Kardashian's latest hairstyle being racist or Katy Perry's latest song being communist propaganda that will destroy Christmas

SAN loss

They give a call to their wizard consultant and back off.

They cover it up, because their bosses are working for the klinton krime kartel

They finally listen to the town "nutcase" that's been ostracised and harassed by the local authorities for years because of their "crazy obsession with x"!
Turns out, the nutter really IS crazy, but was driven mad by the entities that are now threatening the town, and is the only one with any knowledge of weaknesses, etc., for defeating the things...

It was pretty hot.

He only wrote it because he was contractually obligated, that's why there was so much fish rape he was just being a stinker about it. His next work, Providence, was pretty good.

In real life they'll find some argument that mythic creatures are a state issue and pass it to the State Police. The State Police will find a way to paint this as a Federal Issue and then escalate it far enough that the actual responsible department will respond. Might take a few days though.

ha ha yeah

They would respond within reasonable amount of protocal & be killed off & those few who bolt & run?
I would believe that they would report it, loose their job & suffer madness & a crippled body from the horror they barely survived from.

But user the goberment did win. Only a handful of them escaped, and those that did didn't last long.

Probably unload bullets on it while running away screaming. If anyone survives to make it to a radio, try and call in the national guard.

The funny thing is, with the rampant militarization of american police departments for basically no reason, random small town cops might actually have the firepower to take on a minor mythos monster in their closet.

I don't know why a police station in a town of only 300 people needs an automatic shotgun designed to fire armor piercing rounds, but we have SIX of them and what is clearly an APC with the machinegun removed from the top but the mount for it still in place.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "automatic shotgun designed to fire armor-piercing rounds"? I haven't heard of a commercially successful auto-shotgun, and pretty much any shotgun can shoot sabot slugs.

Go on, give me all your thoughts and opinions. Not just that, more. Just that? more

they did a shit job there. Didn't even finish.

proofs?

>Commerically successful Auto-Shotgun.
I mean, he probably means Semi-Auto, something like an XM1014. But Semi-Auto's have been around since the Auto 5

This guy will probably show up at one point or another.

Murphy survives, everyone else does horribly, and eventually the Murphy gets drummed it it the department for San loss

The wizard is officially dead, and the competent folks got fired. I'm pretty sure they're just fucked now
> The murder spike in Chicago is actually just fallout from deliberately running the wild hunt through town

See True Detective season one and apply some mild headcanon

You know the murder spike is because of Fomor, not the Wild Hunt. At least in part. Also Rawlins is still in S.I. as far as I remember, so there are some competent folks. But yeah, Dresden ia currently unavailable and the co(r)pses will only serve as a plot point for short story.

The cool thing with that show is that the supernatural elements are extremely subtle and ambiguous, and if they're true, all they manage to do is take down a petty enforcer for the implied larger organization with decades of effort.

They're, at most, a background detail to what actually makes it good, but they add a lot of really frightening implications.

>implying kim k isnt higher up the chain
>implying she isnt actually an eldritch monster
kanye too btw

Season 3 is set in the Ozarks. Here's hoping it gets back to it's weird, creepy, semi supernatural roots