Suppose you were a medic and suddenly a cleric arrived, starting to heal everyone in your town free of charge...

Suppose you were a medic and suddenly a cleric arrived, starting to heal everyone in your town free of charge. What would you do?

Cut his head

Since he's so charitable and it's obvious that deities in this world grant miraculous powers, I ask him to help me multiclass into Cleric so that I, too, can cure minor wounds sustained during work or drunken bar brawls.

If the Cleric is high level and insists on staying for a longer while and is basically flaunting his power and the deity doesn't seem pissed off with his constant pleading to fix up a toddler's bruised knee, I move my business out. He can Regenerate limbs pretty much at will. There's no way I can compete with that.

If the Cleric is lower level, they only have so many spellcasts per day and their spells don't have application to many things. I doubt the cleric can fix someone's bad hip or a bone broken in three places with just a CLW.

I also assume that I have better knowledge than the Cleric regarding all sorts of minor ailments that do not necessitate a miracle to heal. Minor toothaches or hay fever are probably still within my purview.

So I can coexist with him, sure. Besides, the people in town probably pay me in various ways - I'm not the kind of a person who demands 50 GP at once or I won't operate a guy who just fell off a large height while building a stable, but the townspeople probably still express their gratitude in various ways so I'm still well-liked and well-to-do.

Can he cure diseases? Let him mend bones and cuts, I'll stick to fevers and other ailments.

Ask if he plans on sticking around, cause I've got bills to pay.

He says yes.

>a medic
A whatnow?

I don't think any doctor would have a problem if everyone stopped suffering

I put my medical knowledge to use as the new town drug manufacturer and make way more than I ever did before

Would farmers be mad if druids started conjuring free food?

Probably not since now they don't have to work to feed themselves

If this is a low-magic setting then this is a great blessing for the village and i can concentrate on other part of my 'job', like tending to my herb garden, improving my tools or maybe even travel and learn for a bit.
If this is a high-magic setting i am wondering why i can't do the same to begin with and could take this as a reason to finally attain those sweet-sweet PC-Class levels.

Something something The Lord's Most Holy Inquisition, Abel vult.

Losing your long-established and maintained livelihood/way of life is generally reacted to negatively by rational people.

The noble would be very pissed through.

>Probably not since now they don't have to work to feed themselves
But unless they move on to farm something that people will actually pay for (non-food crops, luxury-food crops?), they can't get any of the other things they need.

Is any cleric of his faith able to dish out heals? Or is he the sole chosen of his deity? If the former, then I ask to be converted and apprenticed in his arts. If the latter, then I focus on what I can offer the people that does not too heavily overlap with the cleric's miracles.

Is this pirating heals?

Depends on how powerful he is.

Thank the gods, they can actually heal people. I was just sort of making them more comfortable. While they died.

>be shani
>cleric is burned on the stake
smug.jpg