youtube.com/channel/UCWBrZbcz5nSYaIgl1jR1kPQ
youtube.com/channel/UCpqSWlpfdcI1titFDZv3OgA/feed
youtube.com/channel/UCMu95iB_kdWNOypiyJk7ljw

>LotR Posting
discord.gg/Nb4GdW8

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2018/01/19/darkness-stirs-middle-earth/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's your experience with battle companies so far?

Do you play casually with friends or organized at FLGS?

I read through the main rules and painted up the Return of the King starter with Minas Tirith and orcs. Will be demoing this Thursday and hope to get some interest for battle companies. Never played before but love the setting so hope it is fun.

I saw that Mordor can get a cave troll in BC, can anyone else get monsters?

We can't even keep this one thread active. That's depressing.

Gundabad can get ogres, moria can get cave trolls, and I don't know if it counts but far harad gets half-trolls.

No good side companies can get them? Oh well. Ents are neat. Not sure how they are on the table but I thought it would be cool to have an ent in a BC.

That'd be like Harad getting a Mumak though, at that point value it's barely BC anymore.

Anyone working on anything?

Working on some Dol Guldur

These and a Dale captain.

I have a copy of Warmaster Battle of Five Armies on the way. Anyone else play this before?

Are there any unreleased models that have been previewed other than the Nazgul?

I don't believe so. The last Open Day was fairly light on previews across the board unfortunately

Planning to start a campaign soon in my FLGS.

Gonna play as either Lothlorien or Rivendell

Any models to show already?

>Vrasku hits on a 3+
Wait, when was this?
I swear it was always a 4+.

This is my collection. Gonna work with this.

I hate how Dale as a warband is lumped together with dwarves, guess I'm sticking to the good 'ol uruk-hai for my battle company.

What else would you use? Laketowners?

Just men of Dale.

>out of production
>out of stock
>not even on ebay
Great game you have there GW, you fucks.

please keep /mesbg/ in the title

So if I want to learn how to play this should I start with the "Your Journey Begins Here" pdf or the "an Unexpected Journey Rulebook" pdf?

Will they both become outdated when GW releases the Middle Earth edition?

read the hobbit rulebook. big orange book

>local online store is selling LotR minis again
>I already jumped to other train
F-fuck

Would you change anything about the duel system if you could? There's something uniquely frustrating about rolling 10 dice to your opponent's 1 and auto losing bc they got one six.

They tried, but special strikes are their own issue.
I'd say pick elves as your army if that really annoys you, but since you're rolling 10 dice you're probably spamming orcs like there's no tomorrow and deserve it.

Dwarfs surrounding Uruk-hai/the Goblin King, actually. Kept tying against the normal F4 Uruks and then having to roll off, and then Lurtz and the King are both higher Fight than me.

Uruk-hai are costed like elves so same applies.
You defense 7 piece of maggot-filth.

What were the old volley fire rules/where could I find them?

If ten or more models were touching base to base, they can shoot at one model within line of sight of anyone in your army at up to double their max range (so orc bows would get a 36" range), that model and models within 6" of it are hit on a 6, but no more than once per wounds on their profile.
Should be in "the one rulebook".
As this was before warbands, have fun with 20+ goblins shooting you from all the way across the map.

Are Iron Hill Dwarves any good as an army?

Are there any good artbooks for the Hobbit movies for painting reference?

Possibly the best

Cool, how so?

fight four strength four defense seven or even eight on your basic troops, crossbows, best artillery, cavalry are strength 4 with lances, great heroes where even the basic ones get a chance to copy your opponents Heroic Actions, great army bonus, also a chariot

It's only fair you get some buffs after giving up your firstborn to Forgeworld.

That sounds awful. Why do people want it back?

Nostalgia. It was also weird to remove it at the same time as adding special strikes. But yea, no one who would take 10+ archers these days would want to be volleying with them. It was really only something goblins and orcs did

i think it makes the game feel more heroic. frustrating of course when it happens too many times in one game

Are Shades broken or do their cost justify the rules?

You're overestimating the power of orc bows that can't multi hit.

There's big art book for each movie. I have them all bc I have a hard on for concept art.

I'm thinking of putting the witch King on a fell beast with the crown. is 2 might, 10 will and 2 fate enough or too much. I'm just worried that he's nearly 200 pts

Max that shit faggot. Don’t halfass a Wraith

Drop the helm. Max the rest. Helm is for horse

So in the Battle Companies book, Elven Blades or Elven Glaives aren't listed in the Wargear section. Can I not buy more of these weapons for my other warriors?

I guess if you stretch two-handed weapons that could cover and Elven Blade, but the Glaive is a Blade+Spear+Shield and should probably cost two influence

do riders of rohan count towards the bow limit in battle companies? the faq exception mentions only warbands which battle companies doesn't use.

Yes, as do Rivendell knights.

The Harad Battle Company explicitly mentions it has a 50% bow limit. The Battle Company isn't a warband or from an Army; otherwise Easterlings would also have that 50% bow limit, Gundabad Heros could all match enemies Might Actions, Dol Guldur would have a 50% bow limit AND improve their shoot values by 1, and so on.

Is the third warband a good way to expand my army from 400pts to 500pts? I know that Éowyn is not really good but I want to have some fun with converting a generic warrior of Rohan model into her

Warband (Rohan) [216pts]
Erkenbrand, Captain of Rohan [75pts]: Heavy Armour, Horn of the Hammerhand, Horse, Shield
Rider of Rohan [39pts]: Armour, Banner, Bow, Horse, Shield, Westfold Redshields
2x Rider of Rohan [16pts]: Armour, Bow, Horse, Shield, Throwing Spears, Westfold Redshields
5x Rider of Rohan [14pts]: Armour, Bow, Horse, Shield, Westfold Redshields

Warband (Rohan) [181pts]
Captain of Rohan [65pts]: Armour, Bow, Horse, Shield
2x Rider of Rohan [16pts]: Armour, Bow, Horse, Shield, Throwing Spears, Westfold Redshields
6x Rider of Rohan [14pts]: Armour, Bow, Horse, Shield, Westfold Redshields

Warband (Rohan) [102pts]
Éowyn, Shield Maiden of Rohan [35pts]: Shield
4x Warrior of Rohan [7pts]: Armour, Bow
3x Warrior of Rohan [7pts]: Armour, Shield
2x Warrior of Rohan [9pts]: Armour, Shield, Throwing Spears

yes

Where do you get bits that fit the SBG scale? Seems like finding the female head might be harder than I tought

Historicals mainly. Have a look around in their thread perhaps.

KoW might do the trick but some of these heads look hideous

the whole models look hideous

>the arm of that stickbearer

Jesus, it's longer than her legs

Perfect orc model.

Is anyone planning on doing a full scan of TABA?

>tfw all threads about The One Ring RPG die in 20 posts
You boys have are lucky

I like to use a mix of historicals and fantasy, such as this uruk with a hirdman axe from Gripping Beast and an ex-illis banneret shield.
Wasn't done for cheese, honest; those were the only bits I even had at the time and he was smashed by a rocking chair.

>You boys have are lucky
And I seem to have become retarded too.

>Where now the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?
>Where is the helm and the hauberk, and the bright hair flowing?
>Where is the hand on the harpstring, and the red fire glowing?
>Where is the spring and the harvest and the tall corn growing?
>They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow;
>The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.
>Who shall gather the smoke of the dead wood burning,
>Or behold the flowing years from the Sea returning?

I too would love to see a full scan of There and back again.

A few conversion questions.

Are there any good sources for Morgul Knight-esque heads? Plan to make Black Numenoreans/ dismounted knights but I'm not sure I could sculpt those helms from greenstuff and plasticard.

I'd also like some Abrakhan Guard, but I can't find any good fantasy Middle Eastern soldiers with 2-handed swords. Light armor is good, and they are D4 anyway. Not really sure what I'm going to do for these guys as I don't like the bare chested originals much.

If you're fat in middle-earth it means you are badass ebough to keep your hefty gut.
Looking at you Forlong.
Or you could take some gripping beast arabs (they look like haradrim down to a t) and with some knifework stick them some two-handers from the Perry footknight set. Or turn the spears into huge swords with a knife and greenstuff.
I was also gonna suggest using some norzul mini's pirates but they also have an exposed gut.

Are these going to be on sale today or what?

here's hoping.
What we actually missing?

This only book iirc. Also I believe than there is something wrong with battle companies - pages missing or something

Nah, both have been shared in their entirety. BC got shared twice. One minus the scenarios, the other minus Minas Tirith.

Where's the TABA that is complete?

Hopefully in the MEGA. If not, I’ll see what I can do later. Can give specific pages now if you’re after anything in particular

Thanks, yeah it's not in the MEGA. I'm just a completionist so I like complete books. Whenever you get around to it. No rush.

Just picked up these because they look cool. How are they in the game? I'm completely new to MESBG.

Relevant rules.

They’re interesting, especially when used as a force in their own right. If it’s just the models you like and don’t feel any great love for the rules, then you can just use them as a regular Nazgul which are solid. These ones are a bit too out there for me to review without some play testing

What does the Witch King rules say? They’re cut off.

So is FW going to do alt sculpts of the Abyssal Knight and The Slayer of Men?

3 Might

if the lieutenant (leader) of your battle company dies, does another hero (sergeant) take his place? what if all your heroes die? are you forever fucked on getting better ratings and experience? can you even play scenarios that require a hero then?

>Note, the order that Fights are resolved in is often of little consequence, so it is usually best to simply work out the Fights in an arbitrary manner (left to right, or by saving whichever looks the most exciting until last, etc.). Sometimes, however, the order in which you conduct the Fights will make a big difference to the outcome of the battle - models might be trapped, banners might be in jeopardy and so on. Because of situations such as these, it is well worth the player with Priority taking a look at how he can best play the Fights out in his favor!
Did the person writing these rules have any idea what they were typing? Love the picture on the very same page too. Pretty accurately sums up my reaction to reading that.

you're not quoting rules. just tips to make your game faster. what's the problem here?

>often of little consequence
>sometimes, however, big difference
Aside from the fact that he essentially contradicts himself, I don't think I've ever seen a miniature wargame where you should be encouraging the order of battle to be arbitrary.

that's not a contradiction. in fact those parts you quoted are there only so that nobody would think that's a contradiction. except (You)

I’m honestly not seeing the issue. If you have 30 2vs2’s down a spearwall then yea, you just go from one end to the other. Every now and then you might have a combat where you’re fighting a banner or have a guy trapped against his friends when the order will matter. Person with priority might want to do them before or after the arbitrary ones

>I don't think I've ever seen a miniature wargame where you should be encouraging the order of battle to be arbitrary.
In this case it’s more equivalent to “usually it doesn’t matter which bolted armed Tactical Marine you remove first, but sometimes it might”

in 40k even batch rolling without that section for batch rolling would be illegal so it's good that gw writes down these things

warhammer-community.com/2018/01/19/darkness-stirs-middle-earth/
they look so fuckin bad - like models from 2000

just like every other FW hobbit model. nothing new

even the paintjobs are awful

You take that back!

>IT'S SMUGGLING TIME!
No, Da, no!

Kek. In all seriousness, Iron Hills are sweet as fuck. You fags are smoking Longbottom leaf if you think Durins Folk range is better than Iron Hills

>We will never get new starter set
>Even if we get one, it will be expensive as fuck and full of chunky shitcast models

Surely it would just be something like Riders of Rohan vs Morannons with a few token Heroes on each side?

>third age year 2002
>Minas Ithil is captured after a 2-year siege by Nazgûl and renamed Minas Morgul and the city's Palantír is taken to Sauron.
this would be a cool battle to explore

>Friends are playing only mtg
>GF is not into wargaming - she prefers boxed games and board games
>No lotr/hobbit players in the whole city - only few AoS dudes and even less 40k ones
I want to buy those Rohan guys badly but getting them only for painting seems to be a waste of money

it's not a huge waste. a couple boxes and a hero is not much. it's more of a waste to let your paint dry in the pot

>balin we cannot get out they are coming.jpg

Am I going to auto lose if I pick dunlendings or warg riders in Isengard?

you're not saying much. 6 models or 36 models? full cavalry army is hard to play as has been stated her many times