Hey can anyone tell me if my D&D character is a mary sue?

Hey can anyone tell me if my D&D character is a mary sue?

>Name: Climara
>chaotic good human cleric of Tiamat
>Acolyte background
>Holy Symbol is a gold pentagram necklace with stones of hessonite, albite, black tourmaline, peridot, and indicolite at the five points (for people who aren't into jewelry; they're red, white, black, green and blue, the colors of Tiamat's heads)
>Holy Symbol is also a magic pendant that she can use to change into her cleric uniform like Sailor Moon; she holds it over her head and yells "TIAMAT DRAGON POWER!" and strikes a bunch of poses while music plays

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/tiamat/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You have to be 18 to post here, buddy.

>chaotic good human
>worships evil dragon god
you fucked up already

Well I mean there are some good people who worship evil gods like Cthulhu, so I think a human worshiper of Tiamat's not too big a stretch.

she sure is user, she sure is

Your character is a literal power ranger

>Well I mean there are some good people who worship evil gods like Cthulhu,
I'm not sure you know how Cthulhu worship works.

This is bait right? This has to bait, I refuse or believe you are being sincere.

Sorry, should I make another generic cleric of St. Cuthboring?

>St. Cuthboring
>trying this hard

>>Holy Symbol is also a magic pendant that she can use to change into her cleric uniform like Sailor Moon; she holds it over her head and yells "TIAMAT DRAGON POWER!" and strikes a bunch of poses while music plays

Cut this

>chaotic good human cleric of tiamat

change your alignment. chaotic neutral, maybe. but no one Good worships Tiamat. that's not how alignment works in D&D. it's not "is a good guy" vs "is a dick". She is a fundamental Evil. with a capital E.

Unless clerics work differently in the setting or you modified Tiamat that makes no sense.

>Holy Symbol is a gold pentagram necklace with stones of hessonite, albite, black tourmaline, peridot, and indicolite at the five points (for people who aren't into jewelry; they're red, white, black, green and blue, the colors of Tiamat's heads)
>Holy Symbol is also a magic pendant that she can use to change into her cleric uniform like Sailor Moon; she holds it over her head and yells "TIAMAT DRAGON POWER!" and strikes a bunch of poses while music plays

Depends on wherever or not she fits in the setting and the execution.

>no one Good worships Tiamat
wow that's pretty intolerant, user....

I mean it's literally in the rules of the game that a cleric has to be within one step of her god's alignment. A neutral cleric could worship Tiamat, but good characters can't worship evil gods, nor could an evil character worship a good god. It simply isn't done.

I mean, Eberron doesn't gives a shit about your alignment matching the deity you worship but I'm pretty sure all the other default settings expect you to align with the ideals of the faith.

I refuse to believe you are being sincere from the op pic all the way down to "I'm one of the good clerics of an evil good". Disregarding the fact that clerics do not work like that even remotely, you either spread the will of your god or they take away your powers.

Can this be a Mary Sue verification thread? My character:

>Sorcerer
>Neutral Good
>Guild Artisan Background
>Worked on ceramics. Was meh. Started incorporating spells into work (Mage Hand). Got much better, but others became jelly.
>Work gets sabotaged, clearly not wanted.
>Buys a fake book, pretends to be a learned wizard, seeks out an adventuring guild

>Nobody Good worships the patron goddess of adventurers.

They do, they just dont realise it.

>good people who worship evil gods like Cthulhu
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of, how can you be a "good" person if you worship a god that only wants to destroy or enslave you and everyone you care about. That's like chopping your legs off because you think it'll make you run faster, there's no real logic to it.

It's good.

Babylonian Tiamat was a creator goddess. She only became evil when her children killed their father and tried to usurp his throne. So she turned into a Dragon and started eating them and spawning monsters. She's cut into pieces by Marduk, her husband's great grandkid. Possibly hers, depending on whether Nammu is just another name for Tiamat.

She's primordial chaos, goddess of salt water/the sea and mother of dragons. She'd be Chaotic. Is a creator and destroyer. Easy to say she's Chaotic Evil, but she only hates the gods because they ganked her husband, so Chaotic Neutral would be justified too.

D&D Tiamat is Neutral Evil, I think.

You don't worship world eating destroyers because you believe in their ethos. You worship them for mercy; the faithful are eaten first and don't have to suffer through the greater horror inflicted on mankind.

You know people worship Kali IRL, right?

I started a campaign where one of my PCs is literally an autistic half orc who had bad rolls so he has int 6 so he doesn't even know he's being manipulated or even by who. But i agree with other posters that it should only be one step away. OPs definitely not doing it right.

>Kali
>evil

Fucking brainlet

You can worship whichever god you like regardless of alignment. The god may not like you and it may lead to bad things in your afterlife, but it's entirely possible in virtually any setting.

Being a cleric of that god and channeling their powers however is an entirely different story.

cthulu created the spaghetti with his noddly appendiage

I smiled

It doesn't even have a flawless personality, so technically no.

As long as you're playing this for laughs and you're not going against the grain of the setting's tone and mood, this would be great (so long as you don't push the gag too hard or too often).

But Tiamat worship for a good-aligned character? C'mon now.

>>chaotic good human cleric of Tiamat
This is a joke, or OP is not only a woman, but the retarded animal-like braindead kind of a woman men have to parse and ignore like she isn't in the room when they invited her to the table and immediately started regretting it because she's so wholesomely stupid that not only does it become a dragon on gameplay but the entire continuity of the story because the woman keeps doing shit so dumb the plays and GM have to keep compensating for her stupidity which is so bad they're even taking low IQ baby-steps with her and it is literal torture, and even if you could bring it up with her she is literally so fucking stupid that 'debate' or carefully constructed explanation will not alleviate the situation in the slightest because this woman is literally so fucking stupid that the Oxygen supposed to be supplied to her brain is literally all the way in her fucking bloody orifice, leaking out because it's a size large enough to accommodate a moderate horsecock. We're talking so stupid that she fit's the dumb-blonde stereotype, a stereotype that actually holds origin in an honest to god Jewish fucking specialty Goy-toy they projected onto the world via Hollywood during the early days of cinematograpy.

Literal 100% certified FemGoyim that must be treated as an animal, and nothing else, your presence unto others is the equivalent of being a psychic vampire that drains fatigue the moment you're close to another human being.

I hope whoever was stupid enough to invite you to the table is made to suffer misery for his beta attempts to get laid, making the attempt of humanizing you as an equal to 'flatter' you and his friends desert his useless ass.

Tiamat is evil. You can't be good if you're following an evil god.

Please fuck off.

You can fuck off too.

Yes she is, grossly so.

Chatic Good Cleric of Tiamat? Fucking what? This is some "Half-Angel, Half-Demon xD" tier fuckery. It doesn't work.

Can someone explain to me what's Plinkett Test for?

Why not just worship Selune and yell MOON CRYSTAL POWER MAKEUP instead?

It was originally for Star Wars, pointing out how bland the characters from episodes 1-3 were when compared to the original trilogy.

9999999 times out of 10000000 when someone mentions Tiamat on this board they are talking about the D&D evil dragon goddess and you know it you fucking sperg.

It depends both on how the GM handles it and how she actually acts in a social group and in face of adversity.

That is a character bio I'd refuse, though, at least by forcing her to be CN instead.

At least she's not a nigger.

That's fine, I'd be scared ceramics skill will be useless unless GM goes out of the way to make it relevant, though. Stuff like sculptor is already tough, anything you need a workshop to do at all, really.

>chaotic good
>tiamat

Dohohoho

OK
Not OK. This makes her speshul snoflake
>Acolyte background
OK
Looks cool, but better change it along with the whole Tiamat worship.
So, a comedic campaign? It's not? Then I'd suggest not playing her as a magical girl in a fucking DnD.

lmao at OP trying so hard to bait but nobody's biting

OP, you'll get some replies if you call us soyboys because we'll all make fun of you for using the term

Plot twist: She actually worships the babylonian Tiamat (and yes, D&D clerics are allowed to worship gods from real-life mythology), and just uses the imagery of D&D's Tiamat because she doesn't know the difference.

>"Half-Angel, Half-Demon xD"
That just shows you're biased toward black-and-white thinking. In real life, religion is a lot more nuanced than that; gods can't be cleanly divided into "good" and "evil" in real life, you're trying to create this false dichotomy where half the pantheon is Marvel superheroes and the other half is Godzilla monsters. I don't think it's that cut and dry.

please tell me this is pasta

Of course they can. For example, the Christian God teaches to either kill rape victims, or force them to marry their rapists. So he's evil.

rofl

Probably every deity in human history is "evil" according to your pea-brain.

>but no one Good worships Tiamat. that's not how alignment works in D&D
Plenty of people worship evil gods out of fear and supplication in D&D settings. So long as it's an edition with a Good/Evil axis then this is totally how alignment works. The fact that 2e and 3e disagree with themselves on this in a handful of places doesn't really change that.

Now when paired with the whole 'champion of Tiamat' magical girl angle, no, it doesn't make sense.

Tiamat has been mentioned 10 million times on this board? That's a lot.

Plenty of people may "worship" evil gods our of fear, but none of these becomes clerics of said gods.

why not? Pelor gets a pass, why is he such a snowflake?

Pelor's good, you're thinking of Zarus.

Pelor is Zarus

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/tiamat/
Logs from 4plebs go back to 2013, mentioned 4930 not counting misspellings.

Giving a conservative estimate, I'd add another 500 times on.

So around 5500 times mentioned.

Out of those times, she's mentioned in the babylonian sense 13 times.

And 4 of those times was in reference to the babylonian tiamat as shown in Fate/Stay night.

Nah, Satan is pretty cool.

According to the archive, OP just wrote it for this thread.

So not 1 in 10 million, then. I'm less patrician than I thought.

That's a meme and you know it.

is this a markov chain

>she holds it over her head and yells "TIAMAT DRAGON POWER!" and strikes a bunch of poses while music plays

kek
I'd allow your character if I ran gonzo humorous campaigns.

To be fair, one of those 13 times was in this very thread, so it's quite an exclusive pool.

religions are memes

You're correct by the dictionary definition of those words but still go fuck yourself.

checking in for mary sue test
first character ever
>sorcerer (wild magic)
>male dragonborn (bronze)
>chaotic neutral
>hermit background
>big on personal freedom, over-inflated ego (19 CHA), refuses to back down from challenges due to insecurities, kind of a dick to those he perceives as ignorant
>spent time as hermit researching magical crystal he uses for magic focus
>crystal might be speshul idk

>dragonborn

trash

Ugh. Yes it is a Mary sue.

>being a 3.pf player

gonna do the same
>eldritch knight
>various feats around fighting mages
>noble background
>dresses fancy
>sees magic as something that should be controlled, or else commoners will be able to rise against their betters
>Lawful Neutral

You said literally in that otherwise pretty good post.
Cut that shit out

Nothing Mary-Sue on this.
Nothing here either.

Your PC's name is the brand name of a menopause symptom relief drug. You may wish to change this or make her older as a relatively subtle gag.
No problem being a human worshiper but you should really reassess your alignment especially if you are going to be a cleric. Just as a general rule of thumb for me if I am making a PC who is devoutly religious I try to keep them in line with at least one of their God's axis which provides enough room for conflict but still makes sense for the PC to be following their diety.
>Acolyte background
Perfectly fine if a bit standard. Gels nicely with your class.
Genuinely rad.
OP unless the general type of game you are playing is very silly you may wish to dial this back a bit. The transforming into your cleric uniform could just be using a spell to transform (or just cast an illusion over yourself). The music is a bit much though...

>Hey can anyone tell me if my D&D character is a mary sue?
Mary Sue? No as you actually have to be effective/favored by the author/DM to earn that repugnant status. Special snowflake? Yes due to PC alignment being very much opposed to their diety's and that very silly way you wish to use your holy symbol (though that part is dependant on the tone of your game). You have a salvageable concept OP. Good luck.

Solid character user. 5/5 would adventure with.

It all checks out as okay. Out of curiosity though what was the revelation your PC got from their time as a hermit?

you know a cleric that wants to change his god ways could be an interesting choice if role - played correctly. Like doing good in name of Tiamat.

Irrelevant. Tiamat, like many D&D things with names taken from myth, has nothing to do with its alleged source material.

Out of interest, what about mine?

>sorceress (3.5), LG
>born into a noble family in a big but declining city, long past its apogee, and a long way from inheriting anything
>grew up rather scared of herself and her magic since it only came out involuntarily until she was in her mid-teens
>accordingly spent a lot of time isolated, studying magic more than a sorc typically would in order to understand and better control it within herself
>is off adventuring since she saw what she believed to be a vision telling her of some kind of quest, the first step of which is to go get tougher (the DM isn't clarifying if it was an actual vision or if she did it to herself somehow)
>has a strong sense of noblesse oblige and a desire to return her city to its glory days if she can

Sorry for wordswordswords I have no idea how to edit stuff down

>Dragonborn

trash

She's a regular human, sorry.

>Dragonborn

trash

>change into her cleric
Well one of Tiamat's teaching for non-dragon worshippers is that they clearly display who their god is at all times.

I mean a transformation sequence is flashy, but I'm pretty sure not just displaying your allegiance 100% of time might get you booted from the clergy.

still working it out with DM, didn't want to unilaterally barge into his territory with it.

>alignment
Stopped reading here.

gooby, is that you?

Poor OP, he thought he'd be safe from the mods using the subtle approach, but he didn't realize that Veeky Forums doesn't like /pol/tards using this board to jerk themselves off, and didn't anticipate that without blatant shitposting in the OP none of his fellow /pol/tards would even notice his thread.

>Well I mean there are some good people who worship evil gods like Cthulhu
No there aren't. Those two things are mutually exclusive.

Chtulhu doesn't really care about anything, he still holds a grudge against vertebrates for helping shoggoths overthrow the elder things -quite possibly under the influence of nyarlatothep-, but seems interested in humans since he got sleepy af;
so maybe you just need to amuse him to get eldritch gifts, old pope it bored of reality.

You know, aside from the stupid transformation part this really just sounds like Mina from Dragonlance. It COULD be a good compelling character with a tragic end, but no, you blew it.

>And 4 of those times was in reference to the babylonian tiamat as shown in Fate/Stay night.
the fuck

Thanks brudda

Sculptor is at least useful for telling the difference between statues and petrified people, a situation which seems to come up a lot in games.

I guess ceramics lets you repair golems... standard D&D golems are clay, right?

Cthulhu is the reason shoggoths rebelled.

Some of the first vertebrate life was Cthulhu first followers, the hell are you smoking?

Explain this image to me.

What source material is OP referencing? OD&D? Dragonlance? Mythology? A homebrewed mix?