What other function can the crystals of light can have beside controlling nature?

What other function can the crystals of light can have beside controlling nature?

I want to have special magic object in my setting not necessary crystals, that are game changers, and everyone is fighting for them

Other urls found in this thread:

inuyasha.wikia.com/wiki/Shikon_no_Tama
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

For example in Final fantasy games the crystals represent: Wind, water, fire and earth and if one is destroyed that element in the earth goes wild

what other examples of this kind of items are there?

Inuyasha had the Shikon Jewel, most of the series was about things fighting each other for shards.

inuyasha.wikia.com/wiki/Shikon_no_Tama

They can form a fundamental part of the structure of most solids.

Blue crystal buffs martials
Green crystal buffs magic
Yellow crystal buffs skillmonkeys
Red crystals buffs evil alignments

>red is evil

nigger, get the fuck out of here

kek go look up lightsaber colours.

Magical Weapon potential unlockers
Light of Galadriel type effect of fucking evils shit up
sentient

its ez mang

materia that hold crystallized knowledge/abilities

Kamen rider tokens that let you transform into a particular ranger/monster/job class

magic drugs
hyperspace inventory
communication doohickies
underwater flashlight
Hi-tech translators
A weapon that can't be taken away from you
grants tenfold fertility(whether crops or children)
Activating it completely changes combat into a battle of wills, but you can freely deactivate it and get back to shooting while the enemy is distracted.

Star Wars is dead.

Make them control respective races.
Green one is the crystallized focus of all elven species in your campaign. Its fluctuation match their growth as a species militarily and its position and proximity can boost their inherent racial powers. The crystals can be stolen and their abilities leeched into other crystals causing degrading effects and racial wars over the crystals to protect them. Having a race's crystal fall would be the end of that races. Make up some that fell. Even go so far as to say everybody was one race at one point in the far gone past but the crystals caused varying demographics to appear and through the mutation of the exposure to them caused the situation you have now.

The elder scrolls

Probably not the best example, but just come up with short-term power ups you can use for each one of the crystals.
For my campaign I'm hoping to make, I have a shattered rainbow colored star made from five colors. Each of its five differently colored shards does something different.
>Red makes player grow one size and increases strength for two turns
>Yellow makes player fly and gives them Speed for two turns
>Green gives them better hit rolls and increases Dexterity for two turns
>Blue gives the player innate magic power and an increase in the game's Charisma stat for two turns
>Violet makes the player invincible and increases their game's Constitution-equivalent stat for two turns.

Also, make it so that somehow, someway, the final boss has access to this ability to use the crystals, but bigger and better than the players can.

One allows you to open human-sized portals to any place in the world at will.
Another regenerates your health and lets you cast healing hands at will. You won't die of wounds while the crystal is on you.
Third one allows you to control weather.
Fourth one allows you to become invisible at will and boosts your speed.
Another

I forgot to say, on account of the "everyone is fighting for them" part, that the star in question is supposed to be a powerful wish granting star. So everyone wants it, and the setting's lawful good royal family wants to keep it safe from the fags who want to take it.

take another note from FF itself

FFXI had lesser crystals used as catalysts in magical 'synthesis', or the setting's version of crafting, whose sudden appearance rapidly kicked off an industrial revolution and subsequent world war with every faction using them as an excuse for conflict.

>Fire Crystal - Burning or Heating.
>Earth Crystal - Bonding.
>Water Crystal - Diluting, Dissolving, or Liquifying.
>Wind Crystal - Carving or Cutting.
>Ice Crystal - Freezing or Congealing.
>Lightning Crystal - Disintegrating or De-synthesizing.
>Light Crystal - Mending, Repairing, or Blessing.
>Dark Crystal - Decaying or Aging.

FFXIV runs with the same concept, except crystals en masse can be also illegally used as to conjure up elemental pseudo-gods powered by faith which essentially act as magical WMDs used by extremist factions.

The idea with both is that they're just powerful primordial chunks of creation used to make things and fuck things up real bad in the wrong hands

I wish. Now it is The Simpsons of movie franchises

Its not that bad yet

Reminds me of magi using magic for business

So... The Animaniacs movie?

+1 situational bonus to any one skill check. Masturbating with an ally wearing the same crystal replenishes this bonus.

No. Not as much singing, and no haypenny involved.

>he doesn't make his campaigns musicals
Look at this newfag