What's your excuse for not filling your tabletop games to a brim with awesome scenery?

What's your excuse for not filling your tabletop games to a brim with awesome scenery?

Mine's lack of storage space. ;__;

Also, post awesome and cheap pieces of scenery, ploxs.

Other urls found in this thread:

tabletopgamerstore.com/terrain-scenery/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I didn't have the time to finish it.

>scenery made of trash
>looks like trash
>its fucking perfect, imediately brings the mind to trashy favelas cobbled together by dirt farmers
Fuck beauty, give me more terrain that fits the THEME of its setting. Gimme moody shit

Did you mean more terrain made of trash?

Nah, mang. I mean river beds made from river stones, desert boards with waves of sand, medieval houses made of thick card and planks of popsicle sticks. Terrain that captures the essence of reality, not the visuals.

Like physical metaphores? Isn't that a bit blunt, unless you are slow to begin with?

I haven't played tabletop battle games in years, and I have no space.

But if you want to talk awesome terrain, there's a really good guy on the Infinity threads from time to time

That's nice, but it is definitely not cheap.

> 2 out of 5.5 players are at least 100 kilometers away
> nowhere to store the scenery
> every campaign can be ended at any session due to half of the party being bored
Also I would probably want to not use same pieces too often, as they would break the fourth wall (or what can you call it in case of tabletop) and remind them about that other place they've visited several sessions ago.

Because it's a game, not a diorama.
Depending on the game, 30-70% of the board filled with terrain is enough, as long as it's the right kind of terrain.

>he cant appreciate visual metaphor as adding a layer of ambience that molded plastic never could
>he looks down on being "blunt"
>doesnt realize its the background nature of terrain that allows straightforward and obvious metaphors to be subtle
Not all metaphors shouod require a thesis before you can fully appreciate them, alfonz.

Because I'm not American.

Laziness; this year I intend to fix it though.

I love terrain.
I love "natural" outdoor terrain.
I have tons of ideas for making it, and a few examples of working pieces and things I could easily duplicate to fill a board.

But I hate my artistic products after finishing them, and I'm overly critical of everything I do.
I also barely have time to paint the minis themselves.
So I never get any good terrain done.

Feels bad-man.

Complete lack of any art-related skills(manual disability) and lack of graphical imagination

>he doesn't use impressionist terrain objects

because Sarissa can be expensive for me

That umbrella would become very unwieldy after a few minutes in the rain.

Bumping for awesome fight club terrain.

What does fight club terrain mean?

Maybe he wants Lou's Bar, for some kind of weird cameo in a sprawl

What's the source on those Dark Elves?

Because nobody wants terrain in Warmachine. They interfere with miniatures and cause fights over LOS. We use peices of colored felt on our tournament boards that just stand in for water or woods or buildings, and they work perfectly.

It's much better than expensive and fragile 3d terrain.

You're cancer.

My reason's in two parts:
One, it's not finished yet
And two, that's kind of the idea.

Obligatory

This makes no sense though.

Americans tend to have little terrain with no detail because they game in hobby and comic shops mostly while Europeans tend to be more club/home focused.

I don't. I just ordered a Badger Xtreme Patriot airbrush, got my crate of Vallejo airbrush paints in the mail, and am 3D printing a crap ton of medieval buildings and ruins, along with a set of dungeon tiles. I plan on painting a set that I can use for RPGs, wargames, or anything else I could ever play in my lifetime.

just like real condoms?

I actually just dropped a bunch of money on supplies to make a terrain set for Malign Portents. |Gonna build a pair of spoopy farmhouses, some spoopy woods, some spoopy hills (including plans for spoopy cliff faces with enshrined candles and skulls), spoopy graveyards and fields, fences for said spoopy graveyards and fields, and a couple of Nagash-ian shrines.

lack of skill

Pic related, how is that model suitable for anything other than a display cabinet? 10mm scale?

this. most american boards ive seen and played on have been terrible. like 3 buildings and a 2 trees. wow..

That's because americans are terrible.

We'd be a lot better off if Russia had gotten all of Europe after WW2.

And that's why Warmachine is a containment game.

just bought a hundred bucks worth of lasercut modular terrain for Necromunda and finished gluing it together. Now if I can get home from work in time to have some daylight left to still spray it, I'll be in business.

In other news, Kromlech just released the holy grail of industrial/sci-fi/future terrain, laser cut shipping containers. My terrain boner can't get any more erect.

It's 12 bucks for 3 shipping containers and 3 "obligatory wood crates in every shooter game ever" which is a lot better than any alternative from any model railroad or terrain supplier, and don't even get started on the fucking official GW $50 shipping containers.

>That's because americans are terrible.We'd be a lot better off if Russia had gotten all of Europe after WW2.
judging by the parts that russia got, i say you are very very wrong here

Man, this thread is making me want to start scratchbuilding instead of using kits again.

Another good one is tabletopgamerstore.com/terrain-scenery/ i am assembling one of their hab modules and love the design...needs a bed though

10.000 hours of thin my paints.

>The Virgin European Union
>The Chad 'Murricah

Don't have the money to do it or the skills.
No one comes to where I live anyway, so why bother.
No space to keep it.

In a primarily imagination-based TTRPG, nothing will be better at depicting the terrain than your mind.