What's the most "culturally and sexually diverse" rpg you know...

What's the most "culturally and sexually diverse" rpg you know? My cousin and his friends keep pestering me to run something for them, but they're very,well, pic related and keep nitpicking and shooting down everything I pitch. I also can't tell him to fuck off without burning some bridges I can't afford to burn, so I need the most "progressive" rpg you can muster

Other urls found in this thread:

stickybunton.com/2017/03/22/feels-like-were-bailing-water-concerns-with-7th-sea-second-edition/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Blue Rose with whatever system you want.

Run Paranoia.

You can't run a game for people who don't want to play.

Thank god, I was worried that we'd only have the two other bait threads to keep me entertained this morning.

Doing God's work, OP.

>My cousin and his friends keep pestering me to run something for them
Don't lie. No one would voluntarily hang out with you.

What are their interests in the setting of fantasy rpg?

FATAL

It will fix all your problems with your cousin pronto.

D&D 5e. Just read the PHB.

> I also can't tell him to fuck off without burning some bridges I can't afford to burn,

You always can. Always.

If you don't, later on it will be you that gets forced out, and you'll be the one looking like a beta

This is pretty good user. You presented yourself well and didn't use a single buzzword, but I think it's a tad too mild to get the emotional reaction you want. Keep refining this though.

I'm honestly not entirely sure. They won't tell me what they want so much as what they don't want. Most of them seemed to have been okay with 5e or PF, but one of them really has something up her ass about D&D being racist and she apparently browbeat the rest of them into agreeing. They've also rejected Dungeon World, World of Dungeons, Heroquest, Fantasycraft, FATE, a reskinned Lasers and Feelings, and Labyrinth Lord. They seem to want a rules/math lite game that also has classes and skills and critical hits/fumbles and also isn't nebulously "Inappropriate". I'm really at a loss

Play D&D, roll on a table for everyone's race and make everyone gay, lesbian or futa. No combat except against Drumpkins, wicked scarecrow creatures created by a Dark CIS Wizard.

Once you've ran that for a while they'll be praying to play human fighter male and genocide some goblins.

This. Burning bridges is fine if it deters pursuit.

And if they are beta numale faggots then why are you bothered about what they think?

Let the light of burning bridges light your way.

Gurps is one of my standbys, actually, along with BRP and AW. They hate all of those. First two for being math heavy and this hard/"sexist" and the last for being "rapey"

I think if OP makes this same thread a few more times using the same image, it'll start to show up on people's radar. You're right about the lack of buzzwords making it a little bland because there's nothing visceral to sink your teeth into, but OP has the golden excuse of "I needed to remake this thread because I didn't get a satisfactory answer the last four times I made it", which in itself will be good for a couple of replies.

Tell them you're running a homebrew system, and then run dungeon world with crits.

just run any game and any new NPC must be rolled up using the 'Diversity' table. there should be a 'roll twice' and 'roll thrice' spot on the table

EXALTED always seemed to be a SJW fave I've noticed.

And its the one that highlights problems with White Wolf game abilities and powers, they are very absolute and powerful.

>I also can't tell him to fuck off without burning some bridges I can't afford to burn
If he shoots down every idea you have that in what way are you obliged to run him a game?

Also run Dark Heresy

D&D 5e Taldorei campaign is a very progressive setting. Just get them onto Critical role and it will cover for most of your boring shit. they'll get jazzed off the CR novelty.

> if OP makes this same thread a few more times using the same image
Checking the archives, neither image nor OP's text were used in that precise format. It looks to be original.

The image appears to be an edit of an image from The Court of the Crimson King, first seen on /tv/ only today. We are running IP and MAC scans now to determine identity.

Yeah dark heresy is quite diverse, as theres a million worlds in the imperium. that is very diverse. And all aliens want to kill you/opress you. thats why hating them is fine.

I had a flick through the campaign book. its just inoffensive generic fantasy world.

Reading comprehension, user.

>if... then

I'm stating that if OP remakes this thread multiple times in the future, more people will begin to notice it while browsing the board.

Unironically this. D&D PHB and it’s supplements, especially the Ixalan setting, have the highest concentration of black women depicted I’ve ever seen. Straight up like 6/10 of every human

Seriously, OP, if they don't want to follow you, leave them. They don't sound like fun people to be around with.

Glorantha

> 6/10 of every human
> 6/10 : 3/5 of a person
> Every black woman is 3/5 of a person.

There's a hidden message here

3,5 is for niggers?

Run Exalted, and don't warn them about the Chargen trap.

>when the thread hits the point that people are replying to the OP but the poster count stops increasing

Man, you gotta play this out a little bit. You can't keep this thread on page 1 all morning or else you'll have hit autosage by this afternoon when more people start showing up on the board.

I know morning threads are alluring because the mods are usually asleep for another hour or so, but the tradeoff is a lower number of replies.

Chargen Trap? is it gay?
Never played Exalted and never heard of that before.

Made me laugh way too hard.

Bellum Maga
Or you could, you know, tell them to pick a system for you so you don't have to guess.

In Exalted, character traits have flat costs at chargen, and exponential costs in play. You're basically leaving xp on the counter if you start with 2's and 4's in stuff, LOTS of xp, and god forbid you take Investigation as your Supernal.

FATE allows you and your cousins to create the setting that you want without any of the "community" trolling.

So buy your traits first?

Make them pick the system and buy you the books then
>implying any of this happened

>What's the most "culturally and sexually diverse"
be sure to bring lots of soymilk to your game. They seem to drink it in gallons

Don't run for them. Explain to your cousin that you don't think this group will work with any system you know how to run, and that it would be too stressful to do this week after week.

Or if you're still too beta to talk it out like an adult, Shadowrun.

I suggest you listen to what they're actually saying and not retreat into elaborate hallucinations like your OP. But I suspect you've already decided not to do that.

People who consume lots of soy product have less of the type of estrogen you're meming about in their bodies than people who don't.

Star Wars RPG. Although I don't know if any races in Star Wars have other sexes than male or female, if there are any hermaphrodites, sexless races, more-than-two-sexes races, or sex-fluid races.

>hermaphrodites
Hutts. No really, they are.

I dont know any mainstream RPG that has sexual dimorphism
so all of them

Not anymore thanks to nucanon. Purely male/female dichotomy.

Tell me more, ye humble soy merchant

He might not have used any actual buzzwords, but he's been using words like "progressive", "diverse", and "racist", which sound like buzzwords to people who are fond of buzzwords and only sound meaningful to rational people.

I'm pretty sure all the RPGs operate in Legends, FFGs is in a wierd middle ground.

I thought they had separate sexes. Any way, if OP lacks sexual diversity, he may add some races from other settings - like that one with five sexes, each calling themselves mister, or that one that has males, females, and the sex that carries the impregnated fetus planted by females.

Mutants and Masterminds
GURPS

Just tell them that you're out of ideas but will consider if they can find something you'd be willing to run.

The new 7th Sea

John Wick ruined his game in the process, though.

stickybunton.com/2017/03/22/feels-like-were-bailing-water-concerns-with-7th-sea-second-edition/

On a second thought, another suggestion. Warhammer 40000
> Strong males without toxic masculinity and without urges to rape
> Strong females - whole armies of them
> Gays, bisexuals, trannies, sadomasochists, any forms of sexuality
> Still some toxic masculinity in case you need some
> People of the most progressive mindset who will always find potential for change and place for hope
> A safe space for the weak and desperate, the disabled are also welcome.
> A whole race of a-genders
> A whole race where males look feminine, women look beautiful, and that does not make either of them weaker.
> A whole civilization that is against racism!
> Another race that does not discriminate anyone - they just want to kill everyone
> A common threat for them all that has nothing to do with race, sex, sexuality - isn't that what we all have been waiting for?!

Is it just me, or is John Wick making good settings and bad mechanics?

People that actually run nucanon should be shunned
like OP and his shitposting

Ironically yeah...as much as feminists and /pol/tards will try to go at 40k, it is one of most diverse settings out there...

Its certainly diverse

Maybe at one point. Now he's butchering his settings as well as introducing bad mechanics.

In his defense mechanic-wise, he's trying to find a way that players can have more control over their own story, that people don't run into the Quantum Ogre and the like, and the new 7th Sea is attempting that.
Except, you know, it fucking sucks.

I think OP is saying they are niggers

How is 5e oppressive when the PHB literally says you can be whatever intersex a-sex black person you what.

Any system you GM. It's up to you, the GM to make it the way you want it. Not a book.
The rules for combat an interaction are what you need and shouldn't change too terribly much. Everything else can be cast out like so many scattered ashes.

T.soy apologist

Do a little collaborative world building. Ask them in detail what kind of setting they are looking for and build around that. This seems to be a fluff problem so feel free to use any system.

>I also can't tell him to fuck off without burning some bridges I can't afford to burn...
Be honest with yourself user. If you are unhappy with your current set of social bridges you can afford to burn them down. Life is too short to shackle yourself to unpleasant people.

>i'm not a /pol/tard guys I swear
>i just happened to have this saved for unrelated reasons

They're very much the screaming at/about white males, outraged on the internet types and not the sort of people I'd generally associate myself with, but my aunt and my mom are very close and my shithead cousin would almost certainly try to turn both of them against me. Don't want to blogpost but due to some medical stuff I'm forced to be around my mom more than I would like and it would be preferable that she not be more of a hateful goblin than usual.

Is this bait or are 40kids that dense?
>Posterchild faction all male
>At least 15 of the known primarchs are white (Corax is a little iffy and GW keep waffling over whether the Salamanders are truly black people)
>IoM models overwhelmingly white men, even when it directly contradicts canon
>"Good guy" faction are basically Nazis (not technically diversity, but let's not lose sight of that) and the setting is filled with themes about how any who doesn't look like you can't be trusted and need to be exterminated to ensure your safety
I'll grant that on paper it's a more progressive setting than a lot of people give it credit for, and you could actually make a pretty SJW-friendly interpretation of the lore without actually changing anything, just by shifting what you focus on. But the reality is that in terms of what gets talked about and who gets models, /pol/ couldn't make a better crypto-fascist setting if they tried

I actually dig the current system but it is lacking significantly in the crunch department, especially when it comes to anything wealth related. Anyone tried to revise it?

>Is this bait

Wherefore dost thou believest thee to be?

>baiting AoS threads means you browse /pol/

Have you tried not being a little bitch and standing up for you just a little?

Whole point of 40k is that there are no good guys...You are not getting the point if you consider anything in 40k good or bad, it's neither.
As for skin color reminder, skin color depends on location as well...so yeah if you live a fucking hive you will be pale as paper

CoC. Can't worry about diversity if you're too busy trying to avoid having your brain meats liquified by the eldritch truths of the cosmos.

>World of Dungeons
bait or not, you're my nigga

I don't play vidya, what is the context of this /v/ meme with a stubble-faced man and the nintendo switch

Call me odd, but I don't really look at the artwork as any guide on how many things of a given type to include in a game. Because otherwise there'd be a really skewed amount of tarrasques to goblins.

Stand up for yourself you literal cuck

I'm going to tell you what I tell everyone in these kinds of threads.

Drop them. Any excuse not to is bullshit and you know it.

>implying this isn't /pol/ bait

unironically this.

Empire is pretty damn diverse and i seriously doubt anyone gives a single fuck about your gender, race, skin color, sexual preferences. In fact, no one cares about anything about you at all, as long as you don't blaspheme against emprah, are not a mutant, and don't get mixed with heresy. Only thing that matters is your wealth and political standing. Other than that, noone cares.

Or just run a rogue trader game and let the players be literally whatever the fuck they want.

>Good morning, good people of Redneck Backwood VII , I am lord Elton Mercury Boygeorge and i have come to visit your quaint little planet to grab some peacock feathers for my power armour.

>If anyone is displeased with my presence, please take your complains to my friend BaileyJay Jenner-Manning and xir meltagun.

What is with this bullshit with the Switch posts? They weren't funny in /v/ either.

Just run a game in the irl middle-ages, but like one black moor NPC who had been captured in war. Maybe another as a tradesman. And tell them to suck it, because that it is all that they will get because this is real life and if you don’t like it you can all kill yourselves!

And if someone tries to roll a woman, make sure that they are captured and burned for heresy by wearing men’s clothing (armour) or excommunicated/beaten for acting like a man without having good reason to do so.

Not that easy. Last time I tried she smashed a big ass ceramic owl on my face then came at me with a knife, and the dementia has basically only made her more aggression prone. The rest of my family basically decided that I need to drop everything and be responsible for her so I either try to keep the fucking peace , probably get stabbed again, or basically just leave her to die. She can't take care of herself and I can't afford to get someone else to do it, so I'm basically stuck.

Myriad Song.
The aliens in this game have a wide variety of sexual dimorphism. So if they're the kind of progressives that are hardcore LGBT virtue signalers, then they might like this game.

Then let her die

This is basically something you should have mentioned before. Standing up to her isn't an option. Stand up to them. If bitch aunty wants to make an issue of it remind her of the situation.

Don't capitulate from a position of strength.

When I searched it up I thought it was going to be Romantic in the Shelly/Schubert sense, I was disappointed when I found out that I wasn’t getting a Wagnerian fantasy.

>This is basically something you should have mentioned before.
He only just thought it up a few minutes ago.

/thread....

Lie, call it homebrew. Lump some extra races for extra bs. Play 5e.

So are you saying that samurai were all gay as fuck?

Are you saying they weren't?

Mishima was, but Genji fucked a lot of girls.

My group thinks I'm progressive because my setting has a lot of powerful strong black female warriors.

In actuality I just want a huge African goddess to sit on my face.

>My cousin and his friends keep pestering me to run something for them
No they aren’t.
>but they're very,well, pic related and keep nitpicking and shooting down everything I pitch.
No they didn’t.
>I also can't tell him to fuck off without burning some bridges I can't afford to burn, so I need the most "progressive" rpg you can muster
Problem solved then.

Buy your traits up to 5, the maximum, wherever possible at chargen. The exact rules vary between editions. In 2.5, you want to buy Willpower 10, while in three you want to spend all your bonus points raising abilities from 3 to 5.

So, other people are demanding you run a game for them then rejecting it? I would tell them I wasn't interested. Or if you're too much of a pussy for that, just procrastinate until they lose interest.

Have 90% of the table be straight, so they have an opportunity to make fools of themselves.