Bbeg has horrible powers

>Bbeg has horrible powers.
>As in his powers just flat out suck.
>He's in a platinum style curhezy setting where most of the party can reduce tanks into scrap just by looking at them too hard.

How do you make him threatening other than the obvious "scheming and planning" stuff? Pic unrelated.

>His powers are horrible
but the situations he gets into allow his incredibly specific and ineffectual powers to cause more damage that possible. Entirely out of circumstance.

>He can't win by physical combat
>But he can't outsmart then either.

Geez champ, is almost like you written yourself into a corner, hm?

Read/watch jojo.

>>But he can't outsmart then either.
I didn't say he couldn't user. I'm just wondering what else he could do/should be able to do if his powers are shit.

Give him really good henchmen.
Power rangers style.

He replaced special powers with refining his core fundamentals to the point of almost being a super power in of themselves.

Or you could have him play like Batman, with host of gadgets, rather than any particular innate power.

I did that once.

had the dude just play the political game like a motherfucker.

the party was never in a situation where killing him would solve more problems than it would cause.

he would also hire body guards/bribe the party just to be on the safe side

Create scenarios where his "sucky" powers are actually extremely useful.

What powers does he have, anyway?

Have his power be laughably useless most of the time but he found the one way it was OP.

Have him control huge swaths of society

Have him be good at breaking rules nobody expects to be broken.

Give him a hardcore will. He’s willing to sacrifice literally anything to get what he wants.

One has to be really really unlucky to destroy an entire building with a baseball.

Jojo wrote the book on ignoring power levels in favor of being clever

Have him horrendously charismatic and seduce/persuade the first group of "Heroes" who tried to kill him

>What powers does he have, anyway?
He cleans things by punching them and makes things dirty by kicking them.
That's it, that's his power.

What does he dirty surfaces with? Does he have any control over that? Because if he dirtied a floor with the right kind of dust, he could have a conflagration trap at the tap of a heel.

Get creative on what it means to be "dirty" and "clean".

>What does he dirty surfaces with?
Whatever he cleaned up with his fist.

See you have to define “dirty” in this case. What makes up the dirt? Is it actual dirt? Does it have bacteria in it? What about cleanliness, what does he remove? Could he punch the world and remove all soil from it?

Oh thats amazing

spill some gas, punch it clean

light your leg on fire

boom combustion kick

>>Bbeg
Ugh.

What would happen if he punched an undead?
Or rust? Or rotting wood/food? Or a corrupt official?

Lots of potential there. Punches a blood vat in a slaughterhouse or something. Kicks the hospital water supply. Everyone dies.

>punch a vat of acid,
ACID KICK UNLOCKED

>RIDER KICK

>exorcises demons by punching them
>makes paladins fall by kicking them
He's a really OP mercenary in a battle of good and evil.

>What would happen if he punched an undead?
Depends on what's actually on said undead.
Is there mold on the undead? Then if he proceeds to kick somebody in the nose then there's going to be mold on and possibly inside of their nose. As for rust I'm not really certain. Can it flak off? If not then that's more of the material degrading and succumbing to rot rather than being dirtied with something.

I doubt it would clean to the soul though. I mainly intended it for physical things.
I mean, you can't physically punch a soul unless it's a ghost. And even if you could that may or may not get heaven pissed off because your diddlying souls.
The damned go to heaven, the rightous to hell, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria!

You could go the charisma route. Go full Mr Satan on them, even.

It's not that this guy is powerful, it's just that he's so beloved that nobody believes he can do anything bad. He's a showman and plays the part, acting like a fantastic hero as long as the crowds are gathered and the cameras are rolling.
Depending on your setting, maybe people know he's not all that great. Maybe they know he's not the strongest, or the smartest. Or maybe he's got everyone fooled. But whatever the case, everyone loves him, loves him, loves him.

There's no man in town as admired as him
He's everyone's favorite guy
Everyone's awed and inspired by him
And it's not very hard to see why

No one's slick as Satan
No one's quick as Satan
No one's neck's as incredibly thick as Satan
For there's no man in town half as manly

Perfect, a pure paragon!

You can ask any Tom, Dick, or Stanley
And they'll tell you whose team they'd prefer to be on

>cleans up bloody crime scene by punching it
>frames the heroes by kicking the floor in their hotel room

some very important people are loyal to him
he's a good organizer
he's driven enough to take insane risks with big payoffs
doing important things isn't that tricky and he's just the only one who had the idea and motivation
no one knows what his powers are but everyone's convinced they're something severe
he's been around long enough to know and utilize the political landscape

pick or combine any

Nuclear waste

>clean a desert of all the sand, changing the terrain so drastically it permanently alters weather patterns
>he promised to clean up the city when he was elected mayor, and now his power is manifesting as murderous wraiths the hunt down and kill criminals and general troublemakers
>a high class mob hit man, he is the one they always call to deal with the evidence, whatever or whoever it may be, after someone else screws up

>BBEG

Ugh.

>Ugh.
Ugh.

You need to get creative. If he punches someone, their entire body is covered and filled with bacteria that are actually really important to their health. Bacteria that just vanished. If he was eating something, he isn't anymore, because his stomach just got cleaned out.
Take it up to 11 and if he kicks an open wound your blood becomes pure water, which just.. they die.

>Ugh.
Ugh.

Ugh.

>Ugh.
BBEG

Replace the Limit with something like the fact that he has to be in contact with the target and season to taste.

Actually come to think of it, the setting this takes place in DMC/Bayonetta has allot of weapons that involve souls in some way.
So does that mean that he can clean them of said souls? Is it possible to be dirtied with souls? Would a soul kick basically just be enchanting something like
>"I found the durga weapons and applied them to my shotgun"

>how do I make this idea work other than the only way to make this idea work

What? I don't know about the manga-only parts but Dio, the Pillar Men and Kira were extremely powerful.

Ugh.

In a superhero game I ran I had a group of three reoccurring villains all with terrible powers, one could telekinetically move small amounts of vegetables, and only vegetables. The second could turn into a statue of herself, and then do nothing because she couldn't move. The third could animate balloon animals, but they were weak as shit.

They were a joke, until they teamed up with another villain who could vastly amplify the powers in others. They weren't a joke anymore once the statue of liberty was stomping around, buildings were being engulfed by plants, and the streets were full of bulletproof balloon dinosaurs.

>The second could turn into a statue of herself, and then do nothing because she couldn't move.
you looking down on stone kirby?

Well she was the strongest out of the three, just because she could take a hit.

Part 3 onward introduces new powers. Part 4 onwards uses those new powers in very creative ways.

His trash powers allow him to do something special which results in releasing an ancient evil or his true form

>His trash powers allow him to do something special which results in releasing his true form
His upgraded trash power allows him to unlock successively more improbable additional forms.

At least he's not Disco. I'm running a supers game in my own setting and I plan on mentioning some of the more infamous/ridiculous supers. Disco had very minor technological sympathy- he could change the colors of artificial lighting and what sounds a musical speaker was producing.
He was shot in a civil rights riot, RIP.

One of the tensest fights in Stardust Crusaders is a poker game

All right were fine then, they just said his powers suck.

...have you tried having him shoot them with a really big gun?

I have four words, highly aggressive cleaning robots

>Walk to politician
>Punch em
>Kick the heroes