In this thread, we confess to times when WE were That guy

In this thread, we confess to times when WE were That guy.

>first session dnd 4e
>minmax a character that is not!dante from devil may cry
>try to make the dm think the paladin is falling
>only real party interaction is me fucking with every other PC
>leave to go on my own after the paladin has enough of my shit and do my own thing
>kill the macguffin unicorn the party was looking for
>take none of the DMs quest hooks seriously

i got better though, i promise.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sine_Requie
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I was a That DM once too

>second session of 4e
>make a story full of cliches. current one is they have to impress the local cheiftain by hunting a large beast
>they chase the beast down and kill it but it was meant to be a boss and they killed it to easily
>a t rex eats the corpse before they can bring it to the Cheif
>they have to fight 2 more
>later they have to fight a beholder (at level 5)
>it's actually as illusion and they have to attack the empty space UNDER the beholder to hit the wizard pretending to be one
>i only deal damage to the pcs if they agree that the damage hurts them (trying to simulate some sort of dumb illusions only hurt if you beleive shit)
>entire party has no idea what is going on
>one guy starts to catch on and attacks the "bottom" of the beholder
>i pull a 'exact wording only' on him and eventually end the fight cause it's taking too long
>team is TPK by an overpowered archer that i didn't realize was for level 9s
>entire group rages when i explain my reasoning

i got better at that too.

>Be me in a 5e game
>Make a high elf who's terrified of drow because, you know, racist high elves. Seeing a drow is like seeing a depraved version of yourself in the mirror.
>Get attacked by drow slavers during the campaign
>Be me playing a caster
>Decide the best way to roleplay here would be to freak the fuck out and be too panicked to cast
>Spend most of the combat flailing at enemies with my staff as a decidedly not-melee-capable caster

Needless to say the rest of the party was not amused with my antics, one of our players hitting the dreaded "two-failed death saves" threshold during the fight.

i actually like that. but i bet i wouldn't if i was the dying guy

>playing PF with a new friend and his buddies
>not a big fan of pathfinder but any port in a becalmed hellscape
>decide to make a ifrit samurai, basically a red oni covered in glowing tattoos
>give him a racial hatred of dwarves, fluffed as a generations feud with dwarves, both races known to hold grudges for exceptionally long times
>generic "meet in a tavern" scenario
>obvious plothook dwarf leaderguy and his merry band of halfmen
>character introductions, all the other players are just interacting and learning each others characters
>mad dogging the fucking dwarf scum from across the room
>rolls are made, insults are leveled, challenges made
>offer an honor duel to first blood, loser skips town
>dwarf manages to take initiative, connects with his dwarfy pick but dinks off armor
>unsheathe and swing in one fluid motion
>crit
>bisect the little bastard
And thats how i "accidentally" killed our first quest giver.

did your DM realize you had a racial hatred? the way you did it at least seems pretty in line with what you'd expect given your description

It wasn't me but
>the party is all collectively invisible and sneaking into a village the hobgoblins have captured
>our warlock sneaks ahead for some reason and attempts to convince the hobgoblins are being haunted by throwing a sack of grain, which just alerts them that there's something there they can't see
>the rest of the party decides to get the preemptive strike before we're discovered and kill a bunch of the hobby-gobbies, but there's like at least 25 of the fuckers in the village and it's a tough fight
>the warlock hasn't broken invisibility several rounds in because he's spending every turn trying to pass a Strength check to knock over a stack of crates onto a single hobster
>when he finally succeeds it just knocks the goblin prone and does less damage than a single Eldritch Blast bolt
>within a round our Cleric, the only person that had any resurrection spells or Gentle Repose, actually just straight up dies because she and the Fighter are being overwhelmed on the frontlines

I had to resist the urge to get super mad, and nobody in the party really got pissy about it. We did subtly give him a ton of shit for it later on, though he denies that he started the fight despite being solely responsible for it.

I'll say your situation is much better because you had a justified reason, still actually did something, and nobody died.

I don't even want to get started on how bad I was. I'm fortunate that I got my horrific That Guy tendencies out on forum and free-form RP rather than actually embarrassing the fuck out of myself in person. Even with it being on forums and in situations where I doubt a single other person remembers me, I still get that unimaginable cringe at myself.

I joined after he had built the first session. He decided not to make changes but i built my character with him, he knew i hated dwarves. He originally was going to have just one dorf at roughly equal level asking the players for help. Im pretty sure he buffed leaderboy and gave him a mob to make sure i didnt go full chimp, he didnt expect honarabu duel. I didnt expect him to die, but max damage iaijutsu is a hell of a thing. I thought it was hilarious. This dwarf warlord that was a solid three levels higher than me gets first swing in whats supposed to be a first to deal damage duel. Whiffs as i sidestep, gets a glancing blow that skips off my armor, and then is literally split in half with one good swing. The dwarfy boys couldnt even do anything about it because it was a sanctioned duel witnessed by his clan. The game didnt last long, turns out my friend was a trash DM. I did end up using him in a game with my girlfriend a year or two down the line and he continued to be a fucking beast.

honestly you did nothing wrong. sounds like a pretty cool character intro. if you didn't try honorable duel and just attacked then you'd be That Guy but if one of my players did that I'd enjoy it

If you were playing in one of the "default" DnD settings, that would kind of be an appropriate response to drow slavers as ANY race. Have you ever read up on how they treat their slaves? It's pretty terrible even if they DON'T hate you for being another species of elf.

It was more about the reactions. I was cackling like a maniac. DM was clearly sad his DMPC just got merc'd by some chump weeb. This was in like the first twenty minutes of gameplay, dm had no improv skills, and the rest of the session just floundered.

Taimatsu did end up fighting some kind of flying siren in a later game. We were all onboard a small ship. Being a fire elemental at heart, he was not a huge fan of open water. We were half way through our voyage and we were attacked by some flying siren monster. It floated around just above the mast screeching at us. It was only at this point did we collectively realize we had no ranged combat. Our spellcaster was a joke, everyone else was healsluts and buffboys. Taimatsu got so pissed off at being splashed and having to fight on open water that he just started climbing the mast, taking the full brunt of the attacks. Blind witn rage, anguish, and probably a good dose of terror, he just kept climbing, when he finaly made it to top he DDT'ed the cunt and smashed her down onto the deck, knocking himself unconcious. The rest of the party proceed to encircle and kick the shit out of the siren angry gang bangers style.

The most that guy thing was the horribly racist accent i played him with and my tendency to scream "DISHONORU" anytime someone disrepected him and he would immediately go to blows. He gave zero fucks.

yeah that does make it sound a lot more annoying.

Both player groups loved the accent and the reliability of putting him on full tilt when they needed a combat monster. Both dms hated him.

Have a story where I became That Guy because another player was That Chick

>Be me
>Join a game midway through as typical stronk barbarian dude
>Plot is using a typical adventure-guild setup, so I get paired up with the party by the guild higher-ups
>Sorceress player decides she hates me, because hurrdurr big dumb barbarian ignorant of magic
>Demands I "prove myself" to her in single combat
>Pretty sure she's literally trying to kill my character and make me re-roll
>She also plays up the crowd before we start fighting, trying to make me really feel guilty about attacking a woman
>So instead I don't attack her
>Close the distance and grapple her
>Pin her to the ground
>No subtle spell, can't cast anymore
>8 strength
>Just hold her there flailing in front of the crowd she just worked up
>Smuggest shit-eating grin on my face IRL, she's sitting there halfway shocked and halfway pissed off about this
>I'm having way too much fun, so I drag it out and make her surrender nice and loud in front of everyone and promise not to be so childish in the future
>She keeps thrashing around for like another 20 minutes and failing all the checks to break the pin until the DM starts giving her exhaustion levels
>Eventually does give up
>Continue to give her shit about it the entire rest of the campaign and re-tell the story at inns and taverns
>DM eventually tells me to knock it off
>Keep mentioning it every few sessions just to poke the beehive because I know I can get away with it

if you ended it after the fight that would actually be a really cool story of a typically arrogant apprentice mage getting schooled by a worldwise vet. something she might tell her apprentices when she's older.

I have used Suggestion on other players while dividing the loot when I played LE character.

Be me DMing a 5e game
>have this group including a baby 40ish year old high elf who is terrified of drow because, you know, racist high elves, a tiefling who is trying to be alucard from a slice of life version of Castlevania including a quaggoth maid, a robot who is to busy playing a homebrew crafting class that just pumps out crap gear faster than they can find a shop to buy it, and a sterotypical goliath warrior from the mountain.
>introduce a plot hook about a randonm encounter they played into including drow slavers
>the bard starts playing all autismo and such cause obscure background piece he has been muttering like a mantra and stopped casting spells in general and decided to spank the drow with a rod
>"Drow are animals" he mutters
>The montley crew is fighing off the drow and the racist high elf gets kidnapped back down the murderhole the drow came from.
>REEEEEEEMYRACISMISREINFORCED.AVI
>Im too high and I lost the point behind me typing

>Be me
>Create character who is second in command of a villainous organization
>Didn't expect it to come up
>DM loves the idea
>Tells me villain of the arc is someone who is working behind the back of the organization
>has great idea for me to turn against the party and capture the guy for the organization.
>Describes it saying it's going to be like a cutscene
>Get to that part of the story
>DM does it in initiative order
>Everything is not how I planned
>Get pissed of with DM for going against what we agreed and bail

>play game
>die about 6 hours in
>just made character so friends resurrect
>costs a shit ton of gold
>good time to end session
>"no, I must pay you back for my life debt!"
>spend an hour stumbling through a painful solo caper to rob a jewelry store
>not even a rogue
>everyone feels obligated to stick around while the DM tries to speed things along as quickly as possible
>fully aware of how much everyone hates this but too committed to turn back
>finish up and hand over the loot to the party
>"gee, thanks"
>spend next two sessions in penitent silence for the heinous breach of party trust

When my GM asks me to name characters in my Eldar's backstory, I routinely give them names like "Phil", "Bob" and "Geoff" just to annoy him and watch the look of dissapointment on his face.

>Be me
>Get GF
>Take her to the game

You missed an opportunity for character development by playing it completely straight and not having the character get some balls mid fight because he sees his pals dying.

>minmax a character that is not!dante from devil may cry
I just want everyone to know that I have no idea who that is, that I suspect I'm not really missing anything by not knowing, and that whenever I see a reference to some show or graphic novel I conclude that I can avoid the thread for the same reason, and that has borne out more times than I can recount.

Why do you feel the need to post then?

Is it to get attention, or maybe bait people with your "references are cancer" routine?

I'll indulge you, here's your (you). Now sod off, cunt.

>>only real party interaction is me fucking with every other PC
>>take none of the DMs quest hooks seriously

Sounds like something Dante would do.

rude

>in 5e
>told to make a backstory
>first time playing with a DM and group who include backstories in their games
>play nothing but adventuer's league so I am not used to this at all
>not sure what to do
>show up to game with something along the lines of ''He was a farmer but his farm was attacked by gnolls so now he is a ranger that hunts gnolls''
>everyone else has amazing backstories that coincide with each other and perfectly explain their characters
>DM is a good sport and throws a couple bones my way in terms of plot but can tell he is dissapointed
>mfw

I was allowed back but still.

Sorta what did end up happening, unfortunately it cut things a little too close for comfort for some of the other people in the game.

>the appropriate reaction to seeing drow slavers is to surrender and allow them to enslave you
what did he mean by this?

He meant the proper reaction was to be scared as fuck, because ending up a drow slave is almost worse than death in alot of standard DnD settings (especially if they use you for magical experimentation and/or necromancy).

Thus acting scared as fuck is appropriate roleplaying.

If drow were actually that terrifying then they'd have an ability that forced a save-or-fear. Refusing to accept surrender, refusing to surrender, fleeing on sight, attacking on sight, throwing fireballs instead of buffing the party, buffing yourself instead of throwing fireballs, etc. would be appropriate roleplay; "oh if they get a hold of me I'll be fugged better melee them XXDDD" is just retarded.

>My first session with a new group
>due to in-group meme bullshit we end up with the deck of many things
>I get lucky and wish the party to level 9
>Head out to find elves the prisoners we need
>Suddenly: ring of trees
>Being barbarian I decide to hack one down
>Due to massive powerup I'm Looking for a fight
>Spend the rest of the session trying to murderhobo and getting pissy when module plot stops me

Now I have to roleplay my way out of this

Kind of the point of the topic. I don't think anyone here is posting their stories as advice or examples of good play, except maybe

euphoric

>other players got mad at me for roleplaying
You weren't the That Guy

>second campaign ever, 5e
>playing a devout naive young conquistador fighter accompanying a priest as a bodyguard
>another PC is a wild magic sorcerer, ended up with one of those effects that summon a Unicorn
>go completely out of character trying to mate my own horse with said unicorn at the end of a battle
>(first-time) DM actually had to adjudicate whether unicorn seed would remain after the unicorn itself had disappeared
Two years later the group still won't let me live down Unicorn Fuck.

That isn't That Guy at all.
People tend to over-write backstories, and end up hampering the possibility for character growth, more than helping it.
You can't force roleplay. I wish some of my players just went with "He was a farmer but gnolls ruined his life."

Yeah he was, the first and foremost consideration when playing a team game is not being a dick to your friends.

Playing a character with a racial hatred that causes him to murder innocent people is a That Guy move to begin with. Don't make characters that are going to cause problems for the party.

It wouldn't have been a problem if the DM had time to take that into account, and it's not like he dueled with the intention of killing the dwarf. Context, user

My entire group is that guy. Every time we play we go to a tavern looking for a bard and end up in a brawl.

Every. Time.

this. the DM approved the racial hatred and tried putting a member of that race in the story, not as just a random NPC but a story required one. The DM knew what he was risking and the player rp'd it in a reasonable way. It wasn't even his intent to kill him.

Haven't gone that guy yet, but it's a struggle every week.

First session of a new game I stumbled into a situation that forced my fetish onto my character. I wasn't even trying to do it. But now it's there every time.

elaborate

Did it work?

The DM gave up well before the 340-day gestation period standard for horses.

i felt the same and i was having a great time doing it, but it was only fun for me.

the paladin character was shouting all game to be "in character" but i started getting a terrible headache and after asking him not to shout a few times i ended up slamming my fist on the table knocking all the drinks over. in my defense, i later found out the headache was the first migraine i ever had and now it's progressed to aural migraines. i get them all the time. reasonable from my perspective perhaps but I'm not surprised we didn't play again for months after that.

>play a racist fighter.
>scaley player plays a lizard druid.
>get my ass kicked in battle.
>refuse his heals because it's what my character would have done.
>die

I'm That Guy. I try to play my character and work well with the other players, but the character I prefer to play is "fighty dude". Preferably "fighty dude with gun who is /k/ as fuck".

but just imagine if it had been IN-CHARACTER for your character to try to get the unicorn and his horse to mate

imagine what kind of character that would be.

>Really sick of our DMs lolrandom antics
>Like trapping the party in a Modern day sex shop for shits and giggles
>He starts a new 3.5 campaign
>Abusing house rules for Monk Flurry of Blows (Where the Monk gets a full Flurry for each itterative attack, resulting in something like 20 attacks at max level)
>Create a LE Monk that has a butt-ton of attacks
>Each giving one negative level each successful hit with tons of stacked damage on top of that
>If literally anything isn't dead, it's damn close
>he starts setting up some generic "Chosen Ones" plot
>punch anything I come across
>Npcs, PCs, monsters, buildings, doesn't matter
>Force an hour long conversation over how many levels the material plane has
>after a three hour rampage, DM starts to get Pissed
>Sends some God-being after me
>I don't care, Gods have levels, I punch it
>DM throws his notes into the air
>"Fine, you punches are so fucking good, you punch the multiverse out of existence! Someone else can run a game, I fucking quit!" And storms out of the house
>Another player, "user, you didn't have to do that."
>Me, "Now he knows how we feel."

While playing in VtM game, I was a Neophyte Tremere lawyer who was way too proficent at scheming in a group of ancient Elder rank murderhobos & their shitty "intrigues" which was mostly just attacking people they thought were the bad guys, while I gained favors, investigated plot, & consolidated power & connection with the Prince. They all had buckets of XP on me, but i was just naturally more crafty. I even gained a ring with an Earthbound in it. This pisses off the others who tried to showdown with me. Not wanting player conflict to escalate to me killing them all, i gave it up without arguement. They blew up the ring & the resulting backslashes knocked me out. The Tzimtze put a bomb in my head set to a detonator he had. I dont do anything to them or express any I'll will. Til later we are fighting an antidilluvian deep underground & I toss a whole bandoleer of incendiary grenades down on them fighting. They all died. Don't fuck with lawyers

>Tzimisce willingly allying with Tremere
Ew.

Yeah. The only reason I even teamed up with him is because I negotiated a deal between him & his blood bank research labs (he was a doctor) to deliver lots of blood to Elysiums & give discounted blood prices to upper rank vampires. I was planning on killing him & learning is Disipline, blaming his death on another problem, & use the resulting outcry to gain support for other political machinations. Also using Visisitude & Blood Sorcery together. Like using Blood Pennys to store all kinds of extra blood reserves within my characters soft tissue. Or the flask of blood rite that swaps blood with the next touch, to gain bloodbonds easy

>Come to game stoned out of my mind
>Playing wizard
>Get sent to arena
>Either fight other party members or a monster
>"Why not both? [Other player] and I can take them all."
>End up fighting a construct that's immune to magic
>Take down one player before dying
>Construct kills two of us
>One person walks away alive

>Bar Crawl: Hunt of the Jovial Rabblerousers
This sounds like fun.

>monk succeeding in 3.5
None of that shit ever happened and you know it.

The moral of this story is to play a less awful system

I'm always a good person in actual sessions, so I have to ask this maybe somewhat worrying question: do dreams about sessions count?

>D&D module the Isle of Dread
>playing as DM with 2 friends and brother
>annoying little brother is forced to be a Phanaton
>he fucken digs it
>he steals shit
>he works shit out
>he makes things happen
>they blunder against cliffs, storms, locals and dice rolls to find a black dragon that's asleep on a pile of crap it's looted from passing ships
>i figure they will need a while to get enough shit together to take this thing out
>brother Phanaton looks through inventory
>Wand of Disintegration
>sez here, bro, it can disintegrate any one thing one time one use only.
>picture in description shows a dude blasting a dragon into dust
>uhhhhhhhhh
>decide not to be THAT DM
>dragon dies
>they hire tribe of Phanatons to move treasure
>local tribe becomes owners of straits that shipping uses and pays Black Dragon Coast Defence protection for.
>their fort and wealth becomes basis for even more awesome adventures
holy magic items, little bro, you were a dynamic little shit

thanks errol otus

... that little fucker has a knife

>Neutral Evil Warlock
>Paladin is Lawful Evil
>Rest of the Party are martials
>Magic is heresy, game is basically about being an inquisition force
>Time eventually comes when my Patron decides to show herself
>She's Not!lathotep, says if I bring her to the Material Plane I'll get power or some shit
>"Become the main Villain? If you insist."
>Leak our Sniper's position to enemy forces to get him ambushed
>Mind-Control the party fighter to fight the Paladin
>Convince him it's a completely innocent child who happens to also have spellcasting
>"Use" my spell to "Re-control" him back to our side
>After capturing the girl, suggest we have her sent back to the Capitol to have her magic removed
>Take her as a mentor and use her to keep being a thorn in the party's side since I'm the "good guy"
>All the while the Fighter and Paladin start to hate each other more and more and fight each other due to disagreements
The game did die before I got found out, but it's probably the worst I've ever been as a player.
Never trust a Warlock

Friend was trying to make a Holy Grail War system for Pathfinder. Offer to help him with it but he insists to work on it alone. The final system is decent enough for Masters, normalish point-buy with Vancian casting replaced with Spheres only and Command Spell abilities. Servants are Mythic characters (12/4) with a 70 point buy, though had three additional scores (Mana, Luck, and Noble Phantasm.) Mana was pretty useless for anyone who wasn't Caster and Luck was irrelevant. Noble Phantasm let you use Vancian/PoW/Spheres abilities with the score (Divided if you want multiple NPs/Effects) equaling the level of effect. Servants got Class Abilities that were mostly relevant to their classes and fit, and this wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for...
>Caster gets all Metamagic they qualify for for free
Warn him that Mythic is bad enough to balance for, that is was especially a bad idea to mix with Spheres, he still doesn't listen and in a random rolling for Servants I manage to get Caster. Ended up rolling up Faust with 40~ish Int base, a 4 mile wide nuclear blast whenever I wanted, a couple Scry-and-Die's and an Advodaza Devil as a Noble Phantasm (Mephistopheles)

The roleplaying was fun and I am a firm believer that Powergaming is what ruins Pathfinder but I proved my point.

Reminds me of the time I went too easy on the party with a dragon. The party was sent to a jungle continent to run a colony there, and a magma dragon that lived in a local volcano flew into town and demanded to be given 10000 gp in the next week or it would destroy the town. The party instead filled a bag up with some item that's like alchemist's fire but does cold damage and went to the volcano, with a good role they convinced the dragon it was there tribute and set the whole bag off, killing it instantly. I'm not sure I did the right thing by letting it work, looking back I should've limited how much of the item they could buy but the thought didn't occur to me at the time, or I could've just fudged it and decided it only removed half the dragon's hp or something so we could still have a big dragon fight.

no.

I'm guilty of this too

Who was in the wrong here?

I would not come back to your table user.

I'm not sure how to describe it, but I feel a general contempt for all parties involved, GM included.

>Friend invited to play tabletop (D&D3.5e) for the very first time years and years ago with his friends
>Create a two-headed ogre barbarian
>DM had to look up balanced homebrew rules for me
>It wasn’t balanced
>Proceed to bully my teammates with my ridiculous STR
>Caught and tied the Halfling Rogue to my body so he would literally watch my back and soak up damage
>Left him there for the whole session as I specified I never bathe
>Took the Fighter’s weapon because it was cool, but ended up losing it because I threw it at a flying enemy
>Nearly got a TPK first session because I rushed into a plothook moment where we were just supposed to listen in on numerous baddies talking
>Played it like an MMO or video game and thought I’d “tank” and it’ll be okay because we had a healer
>I just said what I was doing and described it until the DM told me I couldn’t do certain things or made me roll
>Didn’t know anything about tabletop at all except 20s were good
>I was also a werepotato and gained all the miraculous powers of a potato in the full moon
I’m better...I cringe when looking back. Pretty sociopathic. I blame it on growing up a single child in a wealthy family

Nice.

>growing up a single child in a wealthy family
yeah that's a great way to develop sociopaths.

>I was also a werepotato and gained all the miraculous powers of a potato in the full moon
But why?

Fucking ree, dude

I was lolsorandum

DM shouldn't have let 1 pc kill the entire party so easily but honestly it's good that happened so early cause those players are scum.

I wouldn't have either. in my defense i have them a 4 charge free revive item and they forgot about it until that archer had killed all but 1 of the party. they blame me for it to this day but i don't mind. we were all learning.

We made it out of the town last session. On a quest to find the bastard daughter of the God of Risks in return for magical jar of sand that can spawn an island if poured into salt water and winked at by a gnome.

Next session is this Sunday.

>Play Sine Requie: The American Dream
>I play as a trucker that has seen betond the Cage and, thus, has gone insane for the revelation he had been surronded by Dead-with-Nails-in-the-Eyes all along.
>Other PCs are a veteran, a FBI agent and and a Soviet refugee, and only the former two are still in the Cage.
>At one point in the campaign, a series of bad Tarot draws have left me without a arm and with my ears bitten away.
>I was convinced that the Cartomancer had cheated and basically tried to kill my character, however.
>So I decide to put my master plan in motion.
>When the rest of the party gets stuck in Boulder and they fail to bluff the Nails-in-The-Eyes police, I try to pretend I'm still hallucinating
>Me and the FBI agent get a pass, the others get arrested.
>The FBI agent says he is going to try and reason with the zombies.
>I decide to lie, then say the fatal words "I go in an hardware store, take the first couple of rusty nails I can find, and stick them into my eyes."
>Cue reeing

I don't think I really understand the context.
I guess it's because I haven't played the game.

Is this a real game or an imaginary one?

The context, in spades, is this: on the 6th of June 1943, a mystical force awakens zombies all over the world, utterly destroying several nations, to the point only Nazi Germany, Italy (which is not a Papacy-controlled state), Japan, Brazil, Argentina and Australia have survived as coherent nation-states.

The US? Currently, it's under the control of a zombie president with mind control powers that can be transmitted via television and forces all Living to inhabit squalid and decrepit cities. The Living are also told that there are no more zombies in America, thanks to Butophrene Acilate and a couple of nukes dropped on New York and Wagshington D.C. : in reality, the cities were nuked because they were the only ones that still had a sizeable human population capable of resisting the zombies, and the Butophrene Acilate is actually a very potent hallucinogen that creates the condiction that is called "The Cage," which makes the Living see their surrondings as idyllic and pleasant, while in reality they live in utter squalor. People that get free from the Cage, be it because they're immune to the chemical or because they don't eat or drink anything they haven't properly purified, are hunted down by a special kind of zombie, the "Dead-with-Nails-in-the-Eyes," zombies that can smell who can see reality as-is and will try to kill them. As the name suggestes, their main characteristic is that, outside the Cage, they look like shambling corpses with nails stuck in the eyesockets... but how they come to be isn't known by anyone but the aforementioned zombie president, who devised the whole thing.
Real game. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sine_Requie

and ALL the other nations are zombie-run aside from Nazi Germany, Italy, Japan, Brazil, Argentina, and Australia?
The first three make me think the game is gonna get political. Australia surviving makes total sense because fuck mate everything's already trying to kill you.

>and ALL the other nations are zombie-run aside from Nazi Germany, Italy, Japan, Brazil, Argentina, and Australia?
Not exactly zombie-run. Turkey has nothing resembling a government, either zombie or living, it's just an anarchic mess. The Soviet Union is now reduced to a handful of cities and Kamčatka that are forced to grind the dead down into edible gruel in order to not get swamped; former Vichy France is simply zombie-free thanks to a collaboration between the French Resistance and the Vichy French army; Franco is now an intelligent zombie dictator that struggled to control anything beyond Castille... that being siad, 90% is complete anarchy, with no real state anywhere.

I'm envisioning you saying that in a calm, casual tone which makes it even funnier.

So what you did was essentially inform the zombies that can and will kill anything that isn't in a state of delusion that you were in fact not in a state of delusion?

I don't see how you thought this would end well in any circumstance.

I was part of a sandbox, OC campaign. Every other player made a quirky character of some sort, and by quirky I mean shit like crazy plague doctor or mechanical arms acrobat rogue. I made a tall, serious human warrior and basically played the grumpy uncle. At the DM's insistence I made him also a werewolf, but just the "turns into wolf" kind and talking to animals, no becoming a 9ft tall furry.It worked out better than it should have.

But thats badwrongfun
Im calling the police

>Sense there distracted

Thats on them for staying. They didnt have to do that. But make no mistake, that was cringy

What did he meme by this

This seems like a 'that dm' problem

I don't know, I was just annoyed and I didn't know that there was more to stick nails in the eyes to create those particular zombies. The idea was not to have my character to do crazy-annoying stuff and survive, it was to shit up the campaign by eliminating what seemed to be the only plausible route they could've gone without making the next session the last one (AKA have the FBI agent negotiate with the zombies for release, then kill them before they talk).

At least the GM, after sending me a stream of expletives, went the sanest route of saying "So, now you have two rusty nails in your eyes. Good. Draw for a Pain Resistance check, Herculean difficulty. Pass it and you stay conscious long enough to realize how much of a moron you are, fail it and you fall unconscious then die of tetanus before resurrecting as a Larva*."

In hindsight, I either would've gotten over my bad luck or, if I was really convinced the GM was cheating, to try and munchkin my way around.

*=The name of zombies that cannot move and can only bit whatever comes near to their mouth.

>Team game
>RPG
Play some Paranoia, kid, then speak.

It was rather simple
>First time playing rather than GMing for past 12 years
>The scenario is dreadfully boring and predictable generic "get X and bring it back"
>GM railroads us to no end, but most of party remains oblivious
>I have horrible time
>Rather than voicing my concerns after the first game, I kept silent, but when shit kept on going, I actively derailed the scenario
>I avoided all the hooks, I ignored all the side activities and just pushed party to the end of the scenario, egging them on most straighforward actions
The players never realised what happend at all, but I pretty much burned all the bridges back then with the GMing guy, as he realised what I'm doing midway through my derailing.
What makes me That Guy is that I don't regret it in the slightest.

Eh, not as bad as that guy who went into a campaign explicitly defined as ERP and was a total buzzkill for everyone else.

>rest of party constantly risks towns or nations with their plans
>as weakest char (lower lvl) they ignore me as i point this out and say "we have to win"
>do to some weird shit i decide to become a vampire. Get them to accept me as they were already allies with a lich
>convince them to turn on lich and his armies
>talk enemies into also joining the attack as lich army is the most powerful and this might be the only shot of taking him down
>take a very small contingent of soldiers of my personal troops
>win the war with every force taking heavy losses
>rest of party has no spell or abilities left for the day
>sit on the liches throne as my armies take control and more vampires come as i smash a magic stone on the floor
>other players hate as i snatched victory from them

It was a months long dick move on my part but i was not used to a party of murderhobos.

that sounds pretty awesome desu.

I was the greatest That DM once, sadly not so long ago. A PC got killed in the first ten minutes of an epilogue-like "short" game that actually lasted quite a lot for what it was. Killed by another PC who, by the way, was the only other one of two. Also we were playing in dead PC player's home, with his family in the room. Worst of all the situation that lead up to all that was totally or partially my fault since in the previous session the player had to leave a couple of hours earlier and asked me to control his character. And all this was predictable and avoidable but not only I didn't predict shit but I actually discarted the possibility when I was outright told that it was gonna happen.

I don't consider myself the greatest DM but I normally kind of manage to satisfy my players and this shit was my lowest point.