/40krpg/ 40k RPG General

The Emperor of Mankind edition

Previous Thread: For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.

>Who's making the new 40k RPGs?
ulisses-us.com/in-development-wrath-glory-for-warhammer-40000-roleplay/
Ulisses-Spiel, very well known in Germany. It's set post Gathering Storm, uses a Shadowrun-esque D6 dice pool, and is a unified line with Marines, Humans, and Xenos all playable in the core book.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.

40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.

mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Homebrews:
>The Good, the Bad, and the Alpha Legion (v1.1.8) (Total Conversion Deathwatch into the Horus Heresy)
mediafire.com/file/dghh4d6spcd6io9/

>Mars Needs Women! (v1.3.12) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
mediafire.com/file/xtutxsxmo1k7foo/

>Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

>The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.16) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
mediafire.com/file/cu99mwnw75sw9y9

Just share a storytime, user, it's been a while.

Suggested Rules for a Custodes

I'll do a deathwatch conversion once codex is out. It's gonna be unbalanced and shit but hey.

Shas already has the start of a conversion in GBAL. He said he was waiting to see the codex to do more, something about custodes and space marines being utterly incompatible.

Will WANG have rules for playing a Custodes Sister of Silence?

Players whose characters are Custodes must wear golden bling with an weight equal their custodes XP in grams.

Are there any official or otherwise rules for aerial and small space ship scale combat?

I wanna do it. I'm gettin' motivated to do it. The hype is buildin'. The only thing that can trainwreck the hype is the FW rules being ass when they port them over to 8th.

I heard something about a Beta for Wrath and Glory. Anyone get in on that/have a copy of it?

Copy pasta from the other 40k general because I'm a fool.

Hey Veeky Forums, I'm an amateur GM running an Only War and couple of my players playing support specialties (Commissar and Storm Trooper) and they're coming up on their 2,500 xp mark. I just noticed that there's no advanced support specialties for them to move to and I don't want to shaft them into only being able +5 their characteristics.

Do you guys know any good homebrew stuff or tips I can use to give them some more flexibility for the game?

>and is a unified line with Marines, Humans, and Xenos all playable in the core book.

How the fuck do they plan to make that remotely work?

let them learn fun shit like demolitions

It wont. Just throw homebrew at it, like you do for every other rpg, until it does work.

More seriously, they plan to arrange things into tiers. So you won't have a guardsman, imperial knight, and a farseer in the same party.

"All playable" doesn't automatically mean "in the same party".

I think he is asking if there is any home brew advanced support spec's for commissar and storm trooper

Seriously, how do people not get this? I heard the pitch and my first thought was that they were doing unified mechanics that could handle any game, rather than putting guardsmen and marines together.

It’ll be probably something for 70 IQ “add an extra die to your pool when rolling”

Don't in sense the FFG games already do this? WIth the same core rules for moving/shooting/neo dodging bullets even if you're playing DW or OW, seems like they went "you only need one basic book instead of a new one for every different partymodule we can think of".

They already talked about how they were doing it, user, in a press release about mechanics. Your ignorance has no excuse.
Same core rules, but not the same use, and the game broke down massively when unnat characteristics came into play, on top of the game's baseline being the Imperial politick.

I'm working on a Dark Heresy campaign, and I could do with a bit of feedback before I get down into the nitty-gritty of writing the adventures themselves. Here's the backstory (wall of text incoming):

A thousand years ago, a resurrectionist inquisitorial cabal decided they wanted to create a new body in secret to reincarnate the Emperor within.
But not just any body - they wanted one fit for a god. An orbital station, filled to the brim with cogitators to make the new Emperor the most intelligent being in the galaxy. And inside, a perfect golden automaton to act as the Emperor's avatar and body.

Of course, something goes wrong and a traitor introduces a daemon into the great machine. The god-body goes on a killing spree until someone manages to disable it by removing the head. The survivors flee and vow never to take their secret to the grave, while the daemon, lacking a body to interact with reality, is trapped in a supercomputer orbiting around a dead world where no one will ever find it.

Fast forward a thousand years and someone stumbles across hints to the mystery buried in ancient archives. All kinds of groups are interested in it - factions within the inquisition, the ad-mech, chaos cults and other heretics.
Enter the PCs. (continued)

I just need to figure out the structure of the campaign. Early on I'd like the players to pick up the golden head. It's a nice, spooky artifact that could impart useful information (given the right prompting), provide some cryptic prophesies and ultimately act as foreshadowing for the big daemon-brain at the end.

Other adventure ideas include:
Going down to the underhive to find a lost inquisitorial archive, only to accidentally release all the horrors that were locked away inside.
A resurrectionist cult are stealing the bones of saints with the plan of reincarnating a gestalt entity constructed from all of them. The idea being that each saint embodied a part of the Emperor and a gestalt would unify all of those fragments. Features of the adventure might include ghosts, a seance and a weird mechanical ghost-womb for the reincarnation.
And then a bunch of intrigue involving other inquisitorial agents racing for the leads, destroying evidence and having mexican stand-offs.

The finale shouldn't be too hard to engineer: One (or more) of the factions foolishly wants to re-enable the daemon-brain and the PCs have to stop them by entering the haunted station and contending with its headless guardian.
Everything else is pretty much a job of setting up a series of investigations and drip-feeding the players information.
Does that all work? Any obvious flaws in the plan?

What's the limit on exp in Only War/DH2e?

the Emperor Station sounds more like something the admech would do.

They would probably need the help of the ad-mech in building it, that's true. Which could provide another avenue of inquiry (I bet the ad-mech are loathe to destroy their records, even if it's super top secret stuff).

I think the concept is pretty standard Thorian one though, albeit taken to an extreme.

Have you ever used aliens from other media in a 40krpg game?

Making a librarian for Deathwatch.

Tips on being useful and not fucking things up?

Thankfully I did the Sanctioning Rite and if my math is correct there's only a 2.5% chance of Perils for normal casting, but any tips beyond that?

Don't stare at chaos artifacts.
Don't stare at xenos artifacts.
Don't stare at imperial relics.
Don't stare at your fellow marines.
Actually, just remove your eyes, you won't need them where you're going.
It is a good pain.

Truly Astropaths have the right idea.

Smite everything, it's the best power

What your GM says it is.
Yes, zenomorphs and Yautja.
Psyker powers are a handy tool, not the solution. It doesn't matter if you have a "small" chance of perils, what it's about is not getting dependent. That said, the best powers are utility and information gathering, combat is ably handled by the party, so you need not spec into it.
Psyniscience is your bread and butter, use it as often as any awareness test, it is sometimes your only hit on what you are dealing with.
Corruption is officially Your Problem, and being a psyker has it's own in setting baggage, be mindful, be vigilant, behave.

bump