Punk gave us Cyberpunk

Punk gave us Cyberpunk

Goth gave us Urban Fantasy

What is the logical conclusion of mumblerap?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CJQU22Ttpwc
youtube.com/watch?v=nGt_JGHYEO4
youtube.com/watch?v=dsmOQ326atc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nothing. Punk and goth were popular, whereas mumblerap sounds like something you just made up

d20 Modern

White genocide

genderpunk

Nah, its pretty popular. Migos, the guccigang guy, desiigner, future. All those dudes who you can't fucking understand

Literally who?

The correct answer is mass suicide

VD.

t. Grandpa

something about prescription drugs as social control as spectacle

so I guess still cyberpunk

might be able to piggyback into soundcloud music in general, vaporwave and shit and make it

c y b e r p u n k but punk means wearing comfy sweaters

It happened to you annon

I don't know who this is, but just looking at him makes me hope he gets killed.

That man looks like he's going to have a very successful and long life and not die in an alley somewhere after an overdose

hey fuck you user whites are the best they invented tg as we play it

I've literally never heard of it. They look like trash

New forms of autism?

Cyberpunk drew from punk, not the other way around
Anne Rice arguably lends more influence to modern fantasy than goth music
Mumble will lead to poor people continuing to be poor

Where's my country music fantasy/sci-fi subgenre OP? Where's my Heros and Honky Tonks?

>Goth gave us Urban Fantasy

outrage culture

If there's any hope left in the world the only thing this autistic "mumblerap" will pioneer is a few well deserved overdoses and a new era of rappers who are actually lyrically talented. Fuck zero-effort art and the cancerous culture that spawns it.

Logical conclusion is already here: GW re-released Necromunda after messing it up, so now you can play as disease ridden, poverty stricken, talentless scum in an exploitative world.
Just like being a "star" of the next "breakthrough" music genre...

It’s about looking and acting as fucked up as possible

Scumgang

Society

Can’t

Understand

Me

Weird West.

what the crap are you talking about?

>rappers
>lyrically talented
The few who were any good died long ago user

mumblerap isn't the same as punk and goth, because there's no subculture surrounding mumblerap.

It devolved into pop too fast to develop a "core" group of people who will always be interested in it no matter what

I predict that the next musical subculture will be the one surrounding the heavily synthesized demoscene influenced style of music with anime thumbnails on youtube

I doubt that it would give us anything but if it were something, I would say postmodern zero fucks given attitude towards everything. Games about nothing in almost Seinfieldian way.
It wouldn't be an aesthetic, but an attitude. What we would call it however is a mystery...

nXc was 2010 into pc music already

There's still some good ones out there making good shit, but they'll never be mainstream.

This. Mainstream rap, and country for that matter, are little more than demographically targeted Top 40 pop.

truth. you dig deeper into any genre and you'll find the really good stuff. the stuff that will always change your perspective on music.

Each of you name 3 or stop circlejerking.

Ill bill
Tyler, the creator
m.c. chris
BONUS ROUND!
Reggie watts

PUT A HOLE IN YO HEAD U A DOLPHIN

>The few who were any good were killed by the others
FTFY

>Reggie watts
youtube.com/watch?v=CJQU22Ttpwc

>mumblerap isn't the same as punk and goth, because there's no subculture surrounding mumblerap.
This. Punk music stemmed from punk culture, not the other way around. Angry alienated white urban youth who saw no future in the world the previous generation had created. So what did mumblerap come from? Hard to figure it out from analyze the lyrics.

>watch Gucci Gang

That Lil’ Pump kid just seems like philosophical zombie with broken language parsing software.

>So what did mumblerap come from?
Angry alienated black youth.

More like middle class black(ish) kids with fathers employed in the music industry.

Where are you perceiving the anger and alienation?

Degeneracy.

Like, cultural 'propriation an sheet.

Alright so if Punk gave us Cyberpunk, Goth gave us Urban Fantasy and people are saying Mumblerape lacks a subculture surrounding it to give us anything.

What did country give us?

That game about the mormans?

You got old. Are we on your lawn?

>Co-incidence isn't causation.
I'm with user. You could just as well say fantasy aimed at girl demographics gave us Urban Fantasy.

Dogs In The Vineyard.
It's pretty good even if you hate country

...And how.

I genuinely want to play a vaporwave RPG now.

Dungeons: The Dragoning 40,000 7th edition is a nightcore RPG

You know those old westerns where everybody gritted their teeth and half the time you couldn't understand them? That, but with more ridiculous hair

old westerns were actually cool

Nothing.
It'll only inspire even blander varieties of wigger mediocrity.

youtube.com/watch?v=nGt_JGHYEO4

For people who want an example of mumble rap.

is mumblerap a style or a way of raping? Because both Punk and Goth were large subcultures with their own philospohy that were created as a rection to how the world works

>What is the logical conclusion of mumblerap?
It's a niche, not a broad cultural phenomenon.

You might as well be asking what the logical conclusion of deathcore is.

like a million cowboy settings?

Petty crime and drug abuse.

Did you forget your file attachment?

> fantasy aimed at girl demographics
But that's not all that is to urban fantasy, making urban fantasy for 13 year old girls came well after the creation of urban fantasy it went
goth subculutre--->urban fantasy ----> urban fantasy comes into popculture and is killed by it thus giveing us Twilight and true blood (hey at least true blood was fun) similar how
Punk-----> cyberpunk---> popculture kills cyberpunk and gives us minorety report (the movie) and the new bladerunner

Isn't that less specific to mumblerap and more like 87% of rap in general?

I can't wait to play Xanax: The Numbening

Rap is an awful bastardization of music, so the setting should be an awful bastardization of sci-fi or fantasy.

You really think anything will be done, like at all?
Best we can hope for from gen "likehunt" will be a few monopoly reskins.

Jesus Christ this genre gets more awful every year.

I think Luke Crane or somebody did a post scarcity rpg with social capital as one of the main stat. Can't recall the rpg name though.

Ah yes, this was it. Have only skimmed through so can't elucidate further.

why would you do something like this? They not only cant sing and need autotune, they need cant speak. Are gangsta niggers reggresing?

Borderlands is goth?

So much this.

All these little punks nowadays are middle/upper middle class black, white, & mixed kids LARPing as hood. It all started with that pampered jew Drake.

The destruction of Western civilization

borderlands is not urban fantasy

Hip-Hop lends itself well to fighting games

>Not posting this
youtube.com/watch?v=dsmOQ326atc

Anyone who has hair like that should be sterilized.

Borderlands is considered seminal urban fantasy works.

The track sucks, too.

i think the issue here is most people here are old as fuck.

>Punk gave us Cyberpunk
You got me. Here's your (you).

pretty much this.

That's how it's gonna go down and you know it.

Mentally, if not physically. They're also probably white as fuck and haven't listened to new music since high school.

We also listen to music, not the grunting of subhuman chimps.

please

most of hip hops obsession with wealth and material gain is from its street culture.

if you go to any poor country youll see amongst a landfill of trash houses there will be a mansion. this is because flaunting your wealth is a big thing in societies like that.

mumbling in general invokes a sense of numbness, and the lyrics are often about being drunk or stoned. this reflects a society in which people dont have any future to look forward to besides bodily pleasure.

I disagree

Speaking as somebody who actually leaves his apartment every now and then, the people who like mumblerap the most seem to be upper middle class white kids who want to be cool

Any rap made in the late 90s onward sure, but 80s and 90s rap was actually pretty cool

Hi /pol/

Hi /newfag/

Hi newfag. Have you considered going back to the reddit containment board?

no u

>what did mumblerap come from?
generalized drug culture that starts at a young age, associated with moderately to well educated young people becoming disillusioned with life and willfully partaking in a system they know is toxic because doing so allows them to numb the pain of depression and living in a world they hate and love at the same time
drugs, consumerism and depression (and also edginess)

Oh please. 2016 was literally the biggest of newfags we've ever had.

>somebody has a political view that scares me!
>better tell him he's a pol nazi!

I'm not much of a rap fan but rap at least actually came out of (You know, before it got watered down for mass appeal) trying to tell a message and out of the social situations that happened with inner city youth who didn't feel that music spoke to the experiences they are having with life. Mumblerap...I'm not really sure what it's trying to say.

SCUMMMMM GAAAANNNGGGGG
14 14 OOOOOOOOO