Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

Birds > Bananas edition

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/17/adeptus-custodes-preview-part-3-war-machinesgw-homepage-post-2/

>Lewd painting tutorial
youtube.com/watch?v=htEMxpdP6zU [Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

First for "nothing wrong."

What to wombo for the chaos cultist combo

Also are renegade heretics useable or well good?

Does anyone have that image with the kastelan robot painted with a :3 face? I need it for reasons.

Rebuttal.

Thinking about converting fiends from seekers. Thoughts?

What exactly do you think "conscripts but worse" can achieve?

Is it true orks will be the last codex?

Sounds annoying.

How?

R&H were good last edition when they could use templates to avoid dealing with their shit BS. They were temporarily good allies this edition when they had the best smite spammer in the game. Now they have neither, move on.

>Vexila #3
>Custodes within 6'' get the -1 to hit buff

Sure the aura buff has range limitations.
But not just your T5 W3 2+ 4++ dudes, but your Land Raiders get that -1 to hit from being shot at. Regardless of the range, so even point blank melta dudes eat a -1.

Seems like a really good thing to run so long as it isn't too pricey.

Something silly, and I have a plan. Just looking for ideas

-1 to hit is complete cancer and is ruining this edition

If it wasn't that it would be invisibility or rerolling saves or something. Keep crying.

Yeah a landraider firebase with a captain and Vexila is looking pretty sweet

Yeah, I can't imagine people taking either of the other banners.

>t. Ork
You’re a meme faction. Nobody cares about your opinions.

Any 4+ to hit faction is shit when -1 to-hit drops their offensive output by at least 1/3

Or you could have none of those things. Stop being retarded. That a situation could be worse is no excuse for the current situation being shit.

Why didn't you bring melee

Vexila Soupius is for soup list
Vexila Stabus for tagging along with a blender mob

> t. Guard fag
Get lost WAAC scum. Guard gets zero fucking pity this edition, you are all still broken as hell

reposting over here

From what I remember

Typhois (sp?)
1 unit of 5 termies (don't remember their weps)
2 units of 10 plague marines in rhinos (don't remember their weps)
1 blight drone
1 land raider

he rolled so-so on Disgust res and he almost wiped out a unit of custodes with mortal words from 1 psyker phase.

last time we played a 2k points game and I brought 3 repressors with melta dom squads and celestine that tore his tanks apart so thats why i don't think he brought many this time.

Soon fucking tempted to start the Custs are they a low count army?

Am I crazy or is -1 on elite mostly, and the people complaining play horde right?

Why it's already in their favor.

I play Space Wolves, and my point still stands you irredeemable faggot.

Basically put the upper body of the daemonette in place of the neck and then use the seeker head.

>pic related, you

So why do you whine?
You have decent shooty still and you can fight to ignore the -1 to hit.

because he recognizes it as a shit mechanic obviously

Yes, today's 2000pt list was 19 models and the stream did say that a jetbike army could have 17 models in a 2000pt list.

Basically Custodes will at most have 30 models.

>So why do you whine?
Because there are armies out there that have no place playing each other, because the power difference between them is a bridge too far? Is that not worth speaking about?

Or use the oop versiob

>there are people who don't think -1 hit is cancer
I'm legitimately shocked. Is it because disliking -1 hit is the popular opinion now?

You're cancer. Buffs and debuffs are a thing. You just come on to shit post and bait.

Do you consider 20 models at 2000 points low?

>What is Alaitoc

Basically as low count as you can get while still being an "army"

I'm going for a cheap alternative. Plus, I would never do that to the old seekers.

He recognizes your face is a shit mechanic

How if it doesn't effect him?

That's like saying guard have it bad, but you never played them. Maybe they're really good.

Maybe everyone effected can just get around it.
Besides index armies tell me one.

I can understand Orks not liking it. Beyond that it's the same guys that always complain.

See
Shit

Eldar is basically elite.

When cheap hordes get nerfed I’ll reconsider my opinion on -1 to hit. Until then you can get fucked.

Mate, fuck off. -1 to Hit is absurdly strong and almost always overshadows any other options. It cripples entire armies and swathes of units. You'd have a point about their being both buff and debuffs if there were a plethora of ways to gain +1 to Hit in order to off-set -1 to Hit penalties, but there aren't.

because he can read

Maybe you shouldn't give the player thay used it no other choice.

>play night lords
>friend plays crimson fists
>drop my termies and nuke a dreadnaught
>uses bolter drill to try and grind down termies
>use in midnight clad on my termies
>he literally can't roll 6+ to hit because -1

I didn't realize Primaris Marines were a cheap horde.

>tell me one.
Dark Angels. Don't try to tell me they can stand up to minus to-hit stacking.

So you're saying he's just some mathammer theory faggot that never plays and just reads what's considered op?

i miss being able to use my changeling

Eh, not a horde but not really elite elite.
Somewhat middle ground I'd say. Course, you can run it really low model count if you want.

What's wrong with this?

Am I reading that he didn't get an explosive trigger because you used a -1 strategem?

Hey, chart-user here. Procrastinating a bit on the Deathwatch sheet (God I hate huge wargear lists) with a WIP defensive sheet, ie shots-to-kill and points per, filling it with notable defensive profiles of whatever comes to mind. Any particular suggestions?

Whats going on with dark angels that they can't handle it?

Thought they were the fast dudes.

Yes, and that's on one unit because I haven't brought myself to the clearly superior AL rules for my NL. Their strat is virtually unusable on virtually any RG/AL/Alaitoc army as is any other shooting that gets a benefit on 6+ to hit.

Well at least blur out my name and profile pic.

Let's take this to an even more serious direction. Necrons should never take tesla in an allcomers list because the prevalence of minus to-hit is so high they'll never actually get to use a major mechanic of their army. Or Dark Angels, who will suffer from double or even triple rate of overheating plasma, a rate at which they simply cannot afford to overcharge, again removing a major mechanic necessary for the army to function.

no he's capable of basic reading comprehension and math, finish high school kid this is why I don't think this game should be targeted at children

That feels kind of small... and shit.

For the cost or his empty Raider he could have taken 2 fully-upgraded Plaguebursts, which are individually more durable than the Raider even against meltas.

Also putting Plague Marines in Rhinos is a fools game, since you miss out on 18" rapidfire.

The lack of support characters in an army with an abundance of support characters is also concerning.

They can just get close.

there's strong evidence that proves that it's always a child or teenager that uses the age arguement. No one else tries to use their age like that besides super old dudes.

Also you're proving my point if your just arguing mathhammer

Oh no
Not the plasma

>there's strong evidence that proves that it's always a child or teenager that uses the age arguement
Provide some of that evidence.

There is no such evidence you lying cunt.
-1 to hit modifiers are the strongest chapter tactic/equivalent and were obviously a balance mistake to anyone with a brain.

How old are you?

Maybe when Guard can't take 7 to 10 fucking T8, re rolling fucking everything, 14 wounds, double firing tanks, WITH around 90 meat shields, WITH cheap deep striking suicide special weapons teams, WITH free no fail orders out the ass, -1 to hit can go. Until then, get fucked

this is why the "minus to dice rolls" is stupid as shit

It should be minus to the "to hit" stat

Getting a little defensive.
And no I'm done talking to theory boys.

Okay guess I was right.

>I'm done talking to theory boys
I'm not getting defensive I'm calling you an idiot because you are clearly either retarded or trolling.
Only idiots think -1 to hit was a good idea

Because they weren't rerolling ones any way more than likely.

And fuck who wants to use corvis hammers when you can use the overheating plasma..which is now an optional choice.

>Guard is now the cheesyWaacfag faction that gets the hate
Oh my god, I love this timeline.

Best part is that everyone still hates tau because they still don't get it.

And they only get fucking cheese for viable shit. Which makes it even funnier.

People hate tau because taufags are the worst. There would be more people happy to see tau squatted than not.

I'd be happy if both of those things fucked right off honestly

Alright you motherfuckers, assuming this is the darkest timeline (Custodes getting a full release before Sisters confirms it) what does the best timeline look like?

>which faction is top tier
>what does the meta look like
>what models are being released this year

Go

I was gonna do a joke but you were someone else. I'm sorry.

12 wounds, tanks can only reroll ones (with orders/movement limit)
If you're gonna hate get it right

>t. stay salty bitchboi

gw promoting soup lists.
That -1 to hit is going to show up in loads of lists as an auxiliary detachment. -1cp.. how many points? 125? For a 12 inch bubble that will wreck your opponents shooting.

The absolutely retard Line of Sight rules in this edition "My treads can see you so all guns on your tank... and since you are not in cover no bonus save" makes this the parking lot, no skill army top tier this edition.

Top tier faction is orks.

Litterally just get as many orks as possible l, there's a new tactic that lets you mob up the entire army. You do this and then buff them to high hell.
They take an hour to move and their shooting is 20 minutes long.

New eldar line of exodites

>9" bubble

A lot of people are frustrated at -1 to hit in the game for obvious reasons, but how far does the hate extend? Is it only the free sources of shrouding that's got you upset? Does paying points for the support make it not cancer?

Are you mad at:
>Alaitoc -1 to hit on everything and -2/-3 in specific cases (free from tactic)
>styges -1 to hit/-2 on walker (free from tactic)
>raven guard -1 to hit on infantry and dreads (free from tactic)
>single custodes banner model with AoE -1 to hit (which is points paid on an expensive model)
>Malanthrope -1 to hit AoE character (points paid on expensive model)
>venomthrope -1 to hit AoE targetable infantry with degrading support (points paid)
>glamour of tzeentch psychic power (single target, points paid for unit, chance to fail because of psychic)

Is it anything that has a -1 to hit that is cancer? If a unit had a special rule that a single die against them once per game was at -1 to hit would it still be considered cancer?

>12" bubble of being immune to ork shooting

looks like I should just double up on skorchas and melee units

Point increase in March when everyone bought one.

>Grey Knights are strong and durable like Custodes but actually win. A lot.
>Top teams are DE, GK, Inquisition, Orks, Xenos soup T'au, and mixed CSM+Appropriate Daemon lists
>Redesign of Slaanesh range to be the Chaos god with pretty minis, Plastic Sisters with a Build-a-bear living saint, full Inquisition range, Xenos Auxiliaries for T'au, Vect returns on the Dais of Destruction as a LoW for Dark Eldar.

>single custodes banner model with AoE -1 to hit (which is points paid on an expensive model)

I heard that there was a Warlord trait for -1 to hit as well, so one model can have -2 to hit.

So I just realized between the index and the codex daemonettes got cheaper by 2 points a pop.

But apparently battlescribe isn't updated for the new 'dex so what do ya'll think about this list?

9 inches? It's a 6" radius making it a 12" diameter.

Don't reason with these people. They're the people that scream smite spam If you have 3 pyschers.

I, personally, don't like it being a "free" chapter tactics-equivalent. Granted, it's not entirely free, because you have to pay the opportunity cost of choosing a different chapter tactic, but it costs no points. Anything that gives minus to-hit that costs points is conceivably balancable just because if it's too good the points cost can be increased. I also happen to think that there should be a general rule that no unit can benefit from more than one minus to-hit benefit at a time, so if you stack three sources you still only get -1 to hit, the extras are just redundancy.

[b]++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [67 PL, 1198pts] ++[/b]

[b]+ No Force Org Slot +[/b]

[b]Regiment:[/b] Armageddon

[b]+ Heavy Support +[/b]

[b]Heavy Weapons Squad [3 PL, 54pts][/b]
3x Heavy Weapon Team: Autocannon

[b]Leman Russ Battle Tanks [20 PL, 352pts][/b]
. Leman Russ Battle Tank: Augur array, Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolters, Heavy Stubber
. Leman Russ Executioner: Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolters, Heavy Stubber, Turret-mounted Executioner Plasma Cannon

[b]Leman Russ Battle Tanks [20 PL, 352pts][/b]
. Leman Russ Battle Tank: Augur array, Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolters, Heavy Stubber
. Leman Russ Executioner: Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolters, Heavy Stubber, Turret-mounted Executioner Plasma Cannon

[b]+ Dedicated Transport +[/b]

[b]Taurox [4 PL, 76pts]:[/b] 2x Autocannon, Storm Bolter

[b]+ Troops +[/b]

[b]Infantry Squad [3 PL, 65pts][/b]
. 6x Guardsman
. Guardsman w/ Vox-caster: Vox-caster
. Heavy Weapon Team: Lascannon
. Sergeant: Laspistol

[b]Infantry Squad [3 PL, 65pts][/b]
. 6x Guardsman
. Heavy Weapon Team: Lascannon

[b]Infantry Squad [3 PL, 50pts][/b]
. 7x Guardsman
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Grenade Launcher

[b]+ HQ +[/b]

[b]Company Commander [2 PL, 30pts]:[/b] Chainsword, Kurov's Aquila, Shotgun

[b]Lord Commissar [4 PL, 55pts]:[/b] Bolt pistol, Power sword, The Emperor's Benediction

[b]+ Elites +[/b]

[b]Veterans [5 PL, 99pts][/b]
. Veteran Sergeant: Plasma pistol, Power sword
. Veteran W/ Heavy Flamer: Heavy flamer
. 5x Veteran w/ Lasgun
. 2x Veteran w/ Shotgun
. Veteran w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun

>Maybe I should play orks as a close range melee unit

Huh maybe

Thought it was supposed to be worst.

>I'm retarded and don't know what keywords are

>Ork guns that I pay points for should be worthless