/swg/ Our Lord and Savior edition

Post about FFG, X-wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars Related!

Previous thread: → #

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Armada full wave 7 unboxing/spoilers:
>community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/267745-chimaera-unboxing/
>community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/267760-profundity-unboxing/
Admiral Raddus guest article by a playtester:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/17/hes-going-to-fight/

Legion AT-ST preview:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/12/massive-destruction/
Legion T-47 Airspeeder preview:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/15/scramble-airspeeders/

What's the best light freighter, /swg/?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_phrases_and_slang
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yourellian
xwing-miniatures.wikia.com/wiki/X-Wing_Miniatures_Wiki
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why don't the FFG RPGs have stats for the Raven's Claw? Is it because it's post-RotJ?

Hey, I need a comprehensive list of all the curses and exclamations in star wars

Is X-Wing fun and easy to get into?
I love the models and my LGS hosts a monthly tourney with prizes
I’ve always wanted to get into tabletop gaming but never had the funds as a kid (when I really wanted to get into wh40k 2nd ed) or time.

I’ve always loved Star Wars and like that there are EU ships included. I see that they have the Moldy Crow from Dark Forces, but apparently it isn’t so great to use?

Duhh

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_phrases_and_slang
Now kindly kriff off

Yes and yes.

It's not particularly complicated, if complicated at all, and relatively cheap to get into, as far as tabletop wargame finances go. Starter box with everything you need for a base game is usually between $20 and $30, and most standard ships are about $20 each.

I don't think you'll ever need more than five per side in a game, and that's usually the max.

That didn't stop them with the K-wing and E-wing so maybe they're holding onto it for a later release?

Honest question that I ask here because you guys seem older and less prone to over-defensiveness.

Why is the writing in the OT held on a pedestal compared to the PT, in this case regarding Yoda?

I put forward that Yoda is poorly written in the OT because he is cast as the wise sage/guru but is really a nihilistic loser.

He thinks Vader can't be redeemed, and he wrongly predicts that Luke would destroy all that his friends have fought for if he left for Bespin.

Unless Lucas intended the Jedi to be blind losers even then, Yoda is poorly written in the OT.

>Our Lord and Savior
No.

So in the Dawn of the Rebellion source book we are supposed to be getting 4 brand new species. We all ready know Gigoran will be in from the preview but what will the other 3 be?

>What's the best light freighter, /swg/?
Light freighter?

It's the HWK.

But with the right pilot it's whatever light freighter you have.

Because the OT came first and the PT was a disappointment as it it lacked the same emotional impact

That's only true from,as ObiWan would say, a certain point of view. It's not a matter of Yoda being wrong. It's a matter of Luke being able to overcome. The galaxy had been so darkened that the previous movie was called A New Hope.

call me when FFG gives me a Feeorin or an Ourellian.

I am 26 so not that old but I feel that Yoda's 20 year exile and meditating on his and the Jedi failures is what makes Yoda change from his PT personality and teachings to his OT. He could say war does not make one great from personal experience. And I just think Obi-Wan and him were bitter about Vader being the Chosen One being the exact opposite of what they thought

Yoda says things that don't come to pass. It's not a matter of point of view. It's a fact.

About to play a campaign of Imperial Assault for the first time as the Imperial. My two Rebels have very little tabletop experience, one of them has PC rpg experience, the other is not much of a gamer at all (but loves Star Wars)

My understanding is that less than 4 rebels isn't ideal, but I think 4 Rebel heroes is going to be too much for them to keep track of. Should I do Legendary rules with each focusing on one, or do Heroic with them sharing a third character (probably Gideon)?

yeah, probably this. it's not nihilism so much as once burned twice shy, and the attitude is pretty understandable.

>a shitty Nautolan knock off
>have no idea what that is since nothing comes up
For what purpose?

I always figured it was less about the respective bad writing of both and more that Yoda in the OT preaches some healthy lessons that ultimately work out for Luke and we see the impact from those lessons effect the rest of the narrative for the better. But in the PT, Yoda's wise words are either not very wise or just fall on deaf ears, and he isn't able to affect any kind of change within his fellow characters for the better.

So like, the OT had plenty of bad writing, but it was rarely as self-destructive as the PT's bad writing was.

Because Nym's cool.
Because original draft Han Solo is cool
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yourellian

So apparently FFG is so tied up with Disney red tape that they are announcing part of the next FAQ for X-wing unofficially to get it out now.

The last FAQ was with LFL for over 3 months waiting for approval.

This one, the developers are just saying "Trajectory Simulator was not intended to work wit "Genius".". So I guess an emergency FAQ is coming?

For those not in the now, the Regional tournament held in the FFG games center has been running Rules as Intended versus Rules as Written, and had the main developers write up the explanations why.

All i want is for Miranda+Nym lists to stop existing.

I'm 32.

IMO, Yoda was wrong and when he was proven wrong he became one with the force which was an invention to explain Obi-wan's bizarre death in ANH. It then sets up the now loved force ghost concept.

Lucas, when left to his own, ruins force ghosts by replacing Vader becoming one with the force as an adult with what he looked like when he became Vader and I severely doubt he thinks the Jedi made any mistakes even when literally every other Star Wars writer uses the Jedi being awful as an institution as a plot point.

But Luke succeeds in both ESB (at least, he doesn't fail near as badly as Yoda say) and RotJ-(believing in Anakin) because he ignores Yoda.

Yes and yes.

For the Moldy Crow, it's a support ship- It's gotten significantly better as more upgrades have been released for it.- Especially Twin Laser Turret.

Did you want to run a specific pilot for it?

What other ships did you think looked cool/ships that you wanted to run?

Did you want to fly it as a Rebel or a Scum ship?

>I severely doubt he thinks the Jedi made any mistakes
The PT is screaming flawed Order at the viewer...

Are you seriously saying that a hero succeeding when all odds and authority figures say he shouldn't is bad writing?

The original Anakin actor doesn't look like an 50 year old Hayden Christiansen that is why he was replaced.

The '97 Special Edition is the best version of the OT. Fite me.

I hate to say this but you are retarded. The PT tells us the OJO is flawed with view on attachments and love. Not to mention how bad it was for them to join a war as generals for a corrupt government. This is explained further in TCW which you should really watch.

all things considered, I like that change

his force ghost returns as he was before his fall, and he just looks so dorky yet endearing, emphasizing how he killed vader and returned as anakin

Is there a list of custom lightsaber crystals that have been statted? I.E. Statted crystals not in the books.

As a rebel you have a far cry 4 situation where you must either side with actual drug cartel criminals or religous fundamentalists to overthrow the local moff. Who do you side with?

I want an unstable black saber crystal

Religious fundamentalists obviously. What the fuck do you think the Jedi are?

probably whichever is least likely to cause massive collateral damage to the populace at that time. And possibly arrange for some cleaning up of things afterward.

I'm saying what I said in the initial post. That Yoda is played as wiser than the writing makes him out to be.

The cartels. Saw dindu nuffin.

>That Yoda is played as wiser than the writing makes him out to be.

I don't really think that's the case. He's got fair enough reason to feel that Vader's gone too far; that Luke manages to disprove him only reflects well on Luke, not badly on Yoda. And his other lessons to Luke still had plenty of value.

Trying to stat Sev'rance Tann in Force and Destiny to use her as the leader of a hidden CIS holdout. Thinking Jedi Guardian - Warleader makes the most sense for her, particularly since her Dark Jedi skills aren't all that well known.

Obscure waifus, go!

How does the wise guru being flat out wrong about the finale of the saga not reflect on his lack of Wisdom????

Wisdom isn't omniscience; hell, I feel like Yoda would be taken aback by the presumption that just because he's seen a lot that he knows *literally everything*.

My dude, RotJ's events basically say that Luke is wiser than Yoda.

I thought it was to show that the Jedi were still flawed despite their wisdom & that Luke would succeed where they failed & achieve what they considered impossible.

No it doesn't. Luke took a huge ass risk doing things his way and it just as easily could not have worked out.

>My dude, RotJ's events basically say that Luke is wiser than Yoda.

On that one point, he might well have been; it still doesn't mean Yoda was foolish or completely nihilistic. He was just wrong on that, and glad to be.

Still miss him even now.

But he didn't!
And Yoda didn't say it was a risk, he said
>once you start down the dark path, FOREVER wil it dominate your destiny

Yoda didn’t like/trust Anaki from the start, so he’s bitter that no one listened and they had to go through that shit

>once you start down the dark path, FOREVER wil it dominate your destiny

Well, Yoda was *right* about that. Even though Vader was redeemed, the dark side still heavily dominated his destiny right to the end.

You're retarded.
He wasn't talking about it like a pie chart, he meant that there's no redemption.

That's just flat out wrong, dude. Also

>You're retarded.

So what was all that about acting "older" and "not being overly defensive" above?

And I want you to be less of a snowflake.

wrong tab, sleemo

You can run it as Scum? I don’t know much about the game outside of really simple general knowledge of the factions and watching some matches on Youtube. I was thinking of using the Moldy Crow and Sabine’s Tie Fighter as a basis for a team. No idea on pilots outside of Sabine and Jan Ors or Katarn for the Crow.

>That's just flat out wrong, dud
And you're flat out right?

As for your second question, I clearly wasn't talking about myself.

>Being THIS retarded
I wrote out a longer post but fuck this, no words can capture how wrong you are and no arguments can reach you; but arguments aren't even nessecary, because even your own arguments speak against you if you were wise enough yourself to see their implications.

Thought provoking rebuttal.

its fun, a lot of play style and shenanigans to fuck with your opponent (if you play it right). If you're into Wh40k i suggest waiting for Star Wars Legion to be release next month..

Moldy Crow is great if you play with scums tho.. throw in Dace Bonearm and shit on your opponent with Ion tokens and double tapping damage.

The PT is not intentionally saying the Jedi are flawed.

So? What's the excuse for Obi-wan?

>but...but... TCW!
The *movies* go out of their way to make the Jedi the victim, not the cause. Literally everything you are saying is because of writers that are not Lucas expanding on how the Jedi council was fucked - which I said. There is no indication Lucas thought to intended to say that.

I believe everyone is a special snowflake

I want my black lightsaber, and to use force lightning as a jedi, and to wear heavy battle armor, and still use blasters

Is it worth getting into Armada now?

It looks stupid cool and I am getting tired of what X-wing has become.

>The PT is not intentionally saying the Jedi are flawed.
It very plainly is.
Most of it is slightly more subtle, but i'll give you an obvious one.
It's when you Yoda says that arrogance is becoming more and more common among even the older Jedi in AotC.

so the Moldy Crow is a title you can put on any HWK-290. There are 8 HWK pilots to choose from - 4 rebel and 4 scum. The Rebel ones came first and all focus on buffing friendly ships.

The scum ones were released later, and focus on being inverted versions of their rebel counterparts, and they debuff enemy ships.

They are

- Rebel Operative (generic, carries crew)
- Spice Runner (Generic, carries crew and Illicit)

- Roark Garnet, who increases the PS of a friendly ship to 12 during combat.
- Torkil Mux who lowers the PS of an anemy ship to 0 during combat.

- Kyle Kataran, who hands out focus tokens to friendly ships
- Palob Godahi, who steals tokens from enemy ships.

- Jan Ors, who gives extra red dice to friendly ships
- Dace Bonearm, who gives extra damage to enemy ships.

Did you want to run any of these people? Kyle is noticeable for being Kyle, and Palob Godahi is actually Pablo Hidalgo. Competitively, Palob and Jan see the most use.

So other than a Sabine TIE and a HWK, what else looks good to you? Sabine's tie fighter is best ran as a VERY cheap support ship, and if a HWK gets expensive, you better have a good reason to do so. What else did you want to try flying? rebel or scum? (Or Empire, the good guys)

Try checking out the wiki if you don't know what each faction can take.

xwing-miniatures.wikia.com/wiki/X-Wing_Miniatures_Wiki

>Jedi the victim
>Qui-Gonn, we won't let you train Anakin
>Anakin, we're telling you to disobey the Jedi code & spy on Palpatine
>Anakin. If what you told me is true, you will have gained my trust, but for now remain here.
>Therefore I revealed that I don't trust you before & I don't even trust you before confirming this.
>He is too dangerous to be kept alive.
>Windu says same thing that Palpatine did

It sounds more like a warning from Yoda, that even if Vader COULD be redeemed, it wasn't going to...end the way Luke thought. Shit.

That's a fair possibility, yeah.

I await your rebuttal.

Thanks for the link! I’ve always been a big Empire fan due to their sleek designs, but thought it would be fun to start off with Rebels first and the expand to Scum and Empire once I get more comfortable with the game. I just ordered the Moldy Crow and Sanine’s Tie and am planning on hopping by my local game store and picking up the starter set and a couple of b-wings if they have them.

How large are typical games?

normal games are 100 points.

For beginning, once you understand the mechanics, i'd ask to proxy or borrow cards. If they say no, tell them to pull the stick out of their butthole, come back to this thread, and mention it- If i'm still here I'll mail you cards.

So typically a Rebel TIE Fighter is either

- Very cheap filler (less than 20)
or
- A cheap support ship

How would you be trying to fly it? I'm guessing as a cheap ship that isn't a support platform (since you have a HWK already)? which pilot looks cool to you?

The HWK is a dedicated support ship for rebels, as they can't do stuff like send their Palob in there to steal and hoard tokens.

Jan Ors works best with a squad that has the ability to modify a 4+ dice attack very easily- Rey in the Falcon and Norra in the ARC-170 notably, as well as VCX's.

Kyle works well with ships that are hungry for focus tokens- A wings and other ace-y ships most often

Roark works well with ships that hit hard but might die before they shoot.

Rebel Operatives are filler.

For any of these, you want a Twin Laser turret as the only mandatory upgrade, as it lets your HWK have a reasonable gun.

For B-wings, those work best by keeping them lean and mean. A Blue Squadron Pilot with Linked Batteries and Collision Detector is 24 points and hurts stuff.

Also, here's some Palob shitposting.

whats the actual encounter probability for rebel ships, as in how likely you are to bump into them?
imperials have an obvious one
TIE fighter>TIE interceptor>TIE defender

but for rebels, the impression I got from the movies and shows, and from the point costs in armada and x wing, is
Y>A>X>B

some people have suggested
A>Y>X>B

AoR says the following though
Y>X>A>B

only thing people agree on is that the B wing is the rarest

As in the happy fun death cults who hangs nonbelievers and get off mah lawn fundies.

Well, B-wing is definitely the most rare.

The Y is definitely more common than the X.

The question then is the A and where it fits- This depends on which version of the A-wing's introduction is used- Is is a pre- Yavin ship? or is it post yavin? how cheap is it to produce?

What is this for? RPG? which canon are you using?

Is it wrong to wonder if the Rebels have whole Clone Wars era factories under their control?

I don't think they even had this much firepower in Empire At War.

It's probably fair to assume that yeah, surely some former CIS groups joined the Rebellion.

I don't know if a phone game should be used as a basis for canon.

though smaller than the empire, they do note that the rebels were indeed well armed and a threat to their Starfleets
they were already fairly bold by the time of ANH to the point they needed to dissolve the Senate and effectively enact martial law

so it makes sense to think that they were already getting ready for a long war, and they had factories pumping out star fighters

in legends, it would have been Y>X>A>B with Y slowly fading over time

new canon it seems like A-wing might be more commonplace than it used to be. I haven't kept up with rebels. but I'd make the argument that you can determine a lot by examining their roles: X-Wing is a multirole/superiority fighter, Y-Wing is multirole/superiority with later refits as a bomber, A-Wing is an interceptor and B-Wing is a bomber/assault fighter. Most fleets would prioritize multirole fighters over specialized fighters, so it seems silly to me that an A-Wing would ever be more common than an X or Y.

but I'm just some faggot

Well, in a period of 20 years maximum, the Empire threw out everything that they used in the Clone Wars. They also took new contracts for all the new shit to replace it, which means companies designed a lot of new shit the Empire didn't necessarily decide to buy.

There would rightly be both a lot of surplus and a lot of new tech lying around.

Even the WEG material had the Rebels well armed, they just had shit for power projection because it's hard to hide bulk carriers like that from the COMPNOR buggers.

There's actually a sidebar on this in AoR; its stance is that there's a wide enough spectrum among former Separatists that any given group could be decent allies for the Rebellion or people that the Rebels would still want to give a wide berth.

>I don't know if a phone game should be used as a basis for canon.

I was wondering about that myself, but they say it's Canon.

Nice to know the Rebels took advantage of this Empire and how much it slacks to get some good stuff.

I think the Rebels stuff might actually be better than some of it's Imperial counterparts.

according to rebels, legion, and xwing

the rebels frequently stole and looted pretty much everything from the clone wars, but primarily from the republic

Y wings about to be scrapped, LAATs, AT-RTs
they probably look like space GLA

>the rebels frequently stole and looted pretty much everything from the clone wars, but primarily from the republic

I can believe that actually.

Given the comments between Grevious and Dooku on battle droid numbers, I'm not sure the Empire could dispose of all of it's war material even if they tried.

There was simply too much of it and they couldn't track it all down or the factories that made it in some cases.

Is this game any good? Also trying to make sure I got the right one, it's galaxy at war?

I played as Imperial for a little while with two friends that are into board games. Legendary rules let them run circles around the my dudes.

how the heck did they get the droid tank past customs?
>it's my god given right as a corellian to own a battle tank

That said I'd love to see more rebel droids, clone wars uglies and general mix and matching of former rival hardware

They may have snuck the parts individually, or in packs of one set of parts, a shipment of hoop wheels and tubes raises fewer eyebrows then the whole thing they assemble

battle droids were probably melted down, since they might be worth more sold for scrap to pay for more X wings

but I can imagine an old droid factory being used to make droid blasters for humans

Use some smugglers sympathetic to the cause? Grease some bureaucratic palms? Some programming and a paint job says it's yours to take whatever you like?

They probably bribed customs or the officials just were not paying attention.

Is that what I think it is in the background?

>cheap disposable troops
>worth less then their component parts
I mean I get that the rebs were more for quantity but damn I'd at least make sure to have a team of B-Xs handy, maybe a magna guard if I was super lucky and needed to counter an inquositor

SHALL

Lord of War it.. Break it into parts, box separately. Even ship separately. Reassemble on-site.

>"So the main chassis and the repulsor assembly are going to reconstruction in the outer rim - it's going to be repurposed as a tractor"
>"The turret and ordnance sections are being secured to be transported to an authorized disposal facility, as seen in my paperwork"