Numenera

Hey Veeky Forums do we still hate Numenera?

I remember you made this thread some time within the past few days, so I hate you.

It's less hate and more disappointment. It could've been something good, but nobody making the thing knew what to do with it until it was too late.

Is Monte Cook the George Lucas of RPGs? Seems like he made one thing that was really popular and ever since no one's been willing to say no to him.

I like how the system operates, and I'd love to use it at some point. The monsters are the only thing I really dislike

It's probably a dumb complaint, but they just bug the shit out of me. I'm really thinking about using Numenera to run a Gamma World campaign at some point. I think that would be pretty awesome.

We hate everything. Why wouldn't we hate that?

Unpopular opinion, but I enjoy Monte Cook and his contributions to D&D books, as well as his own stuff.

Don't bother mentioning trap feats, I already know.

OK OP... why?

Like... why?

I had no opinion on Numenera but these threads sure as fuck make me hate it cause all they are are exercises in trolling and testing Veeky Forums's patience.

You bring up no ideas in the topic. You don't talk about why YOU like it. You don't describe the setting or the system's strengths. You don't even bother explaining what the fuck this game IS.

You just ask us what we think of it cause you know that Monte Cooke is good bait on Veeky Forums so you wait for us to shit on it so you can keep throwing out half-assed arguments for the game in the hopes we keep biting.

Fuck you OP. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

I want to like it, but after running it a bit I'm so far not enjoying it. It just doesn't feel like it really does anything special. Most monsters are either pushovers for any character or else absolute beasts, so it's hard to make something scary and intimidating that is actually able to still be beaten. Player HP pools feel pretty bloated for the damage values of most things, and combat just doesn't feel that satisfying. Sure, the focus is on exploration, but there's only so much a "hey, dat's pretty neat" moment can do to alleviate the feeling of tedium. Plus, there's way too much weird and wacky stuff, and far too little mundanity, so the weird just starts to feel mundane and the mundane feels... tiring. Overall, not a huge fan, which is sad, because I was really looking forward to getting to play this. I'll keep running with it for a bit, ask me in a month or two how I feel about it then.

What does Monte Cooks?

Have they changed the shit rules yet?
No? Then we hate it still.

That's a better idea than Gamma World has had in a while.

I just want to know your opinion. The setting looks really neat but the mechanics seemed kind of.. bland.

Ahhh thats exactly what I'm afraid of. The setting had me wrapped around it's finger, I was even beginning to make playlists for the game. The mechanics just seem far too weak.

HANGING OUT
WITH A SEVERED PENIS
THE SAME OLD PENIS
I ATE LAST WEEK

NOT A THING TO DO
BUT EAT SOME PENIS
I'M MONTE COOK
I'M MONTE COOK

THE COCK CANNIBAAAAL!

George Lucas did nothing wrong. Rian Dumbson a shit.

Just ambivalent really.

George Lucas is a massive fuckup but Shit Shitson proved that it is actually possible to fuck up worse

Kinda like how D&D 3.x was a massive fuckup but Monte jumped right back into the sausage factory and proved that it's possible to fuck up even worse by cutting off a dick and start cooking and eating slices of it while making Nu Men Era

Whatever you think of the game, ask yourself if you're OK with funding autogynephagia

Setting sucks balls, system is fine and I like it for my Strange campaign and the times when a one-shot will fit the Cypher system better than other generic systems.

I feel like Cypher is a great starting system for new Gms with its low prep and behind the scenes management you can learn to roleplay npcs and bullshit masterfully when your players go off track.

As for Numenera it's self i think its good as short campaigns. Something to run while you set up your next campaign in another system. I think the setting gets a little to samey.

I like the system. I like how simple it is and how easy it is to homebrew for on the fly. I'd like another setting to take Cypher and throw a little more meat on its bones. I've toyed with the idea of making my first ever homebrew system based off cypher and putting it in the Metro games/books. I think it would work. Make the cyphers shit like flashlights and air filters. The thing thats always hung me up was how to do classes if any at all.

Numenera is a wonderful concept executed poorly.

It should have been Adventure Time meets Conan the Barbarian. Instead, we got Greyhawk.

Did you make this yourself? If so, I'm [spoilers]proud of you.[/spoilers]

Why do you feel the need to pretend to hate a game to get discussion about it?

Do you think you're not allowed to admit that you like something because trolls will say bad things to you?

Monte's cuck.

I don't think I have any opinion on it one way or another.

Is this a reference to something or just something that someone made up and it became a meme?

The latter, but you should let the thread die.