/PG/ Palladium General

Warning!
The fictional world of Palladium is quite violent and deadly. It is an exotic realm where magic is as real as technology, and demonic creatures plague humankind. Some parents may find the violence and super-natural elements of the game inappropriate for young readers/players. We suggest parental discretion. Note that none of us at Palladium Books, or Veeky Forums condone nor encourage the occult, practice of magic, uses of drugs, or violence.

>FAQs
palladium-megaverse.com/questions/index.html

palladiumbooks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=222:super-powers-questions&catid=58&Itemid=200

You had me at "blind women with huge tits".

Isn't this the official map of Palladium rpg?

Have you read the newest rifts book "secrets of atlantis"
If so was it good? Havent had a chance to order it yet

Thats terrible and no

I haven't read it yet either

Daily Reminder

That fucking Simbieda is a scammer, and the palladium guys are a bunch of thieves.
They scammed a lot of people with the farce of their Robotech kickstarter, and still pretend they did well.

I hope they get to watch their loved ones die very slowly and painfully

Old or New Veeky Forums?

Old will always look better

Kevin's wife left him and his best friend, Erick Wujcik, passed away from cancer several years ago. So I guess you got your wish already.

Hey my dude, I think people are more the justified over the whole Robotech RPG Tactics kickstarter. They fucked up big time with that shit. I was just looking more for a thread about things people enjoy about them, flaws and all.

There ya go my dude.

Good ti know, thanks

I wish there was more Altaran rule 34. There's like 3 pics.

I prefer old, but new style has grown on me. When I can, I find ways to just use both.

>but new style has grown on me

Don't worry, I'm sure you can get a topical ointment for that.

Another daily reminder. TRUMP WINS!!!

I just bought a copy of the Palladium Fantasy RPG (2nd ed) for $2. did I get ripped off?

>for $2
I don't think it's possible to get ripped off if it's only $2.

Nah, if there is anything ya can say about Palladium is that their books ain't all that expensive. First hand from them, or off hand.

Well sure, 'cause Kev only bought one font...

That's Pathfinder.

True.

So ISS and dog boy are still old style the new stuff is for humans and psi-stalkers only. And extremely loyal dog boy kill squads.
Something like 1 million old style sammas are in moth ball status, well were before the out break of the hades vs dyval war.
I reall like what they did with cuba by the way with the war.

Thats a good deal. If a 400+ page book is over priced at 2 bucks, your fucking poir and poor to the point you should feel bad.

I've been running a heavily homebrewed TMNT campaign for about a year now. Ask me anything.

The one on the right looks like both of them desu

Any moments that have stood out?

Their first adventure, they had to get from New York to central Pennsylvania. Their sensei had thoughtfully gotten them bus tickets and trench coats, and I thought that would be that. Instead they decide to steal a van and have a ridiculous car chase through Manhattan. After finally giving the police the slip in a parking garage and stealing another, different van, they get on the highway and start asking if they see any cool roadside attractions. I tell them they see signs for Roadside America, a real miniature railroad village/tourist trap. I thought it would be boring enough not to interest anyone, but the 75-pound non-humanoid psychic sparrow suddenly wanted to go real bad. Apparently he has some kind of size issues and a fixation with smaller versions of regular things. So they take a detour to Sharletsville, PA, and rather than try to buy tickets or something, their plan is to wait for nightfall and break in so that the sparrow can stomp around the place like Godzilla. This was their plan A. Meanwhile, the orangutan goes to a nearby Sizzler and starts a fight by calling a couple of truckers faggots. The cops arrive to deal with both things and I expect them to run/hide/talk their way out of it. Instead the quail pulls out a sword-cane and runs a cop through in the parking lot. After a bloody mess and several false starts, they escape yet again in the van.

So it's the end of the first session, they've committed grand theft twice, two cops are dead, some journalist caught a photo of them fleeing the scene with a blood-soaked wolf-woman howling on top of the van, and they haven't even reached the beginning of the adventure I'd prepared for the night.

Damn, my group had a bit of build up to the roleplay before we fully started. Pretty much going over how their little gang of misfits had met. So we have a Luchador Leopard guy, Non-Humanoid Cheetah gal, Human to Wolf gal, and a Non-Humanoid Squirrel that mutated thanks to eating mutagen laced weed. Along with a couple other players who show up when they want. An edgy fox guy who hunting for the one that killed his master, and a Vampire Bat who thinks she is a real Vampire. The twist is she is, but none of the other players know that about her character yet, so just think she got a bit fucked up from the mutation process. It still sometime off, but was gonna build up to them getting thrown into other Palladium settings far in the future and having them all get a bit of a power boost with picking up and O.C.C from those settings.

The worst they got into was getting caught in the middle of a gang war. Along with some Kraang thrown in as using a lot of stuff from TMNT history both old, and new.

I did run a campaign where the party were mercenaries who escaped the fall of Tolkeen and fled to Northern Gun. There they proceeded to destabilize the entire region and then all die spectacularly.

All in all, Rifts is hard to hate as a setting, but damn the rules are so shit.

The rules are more then just a little rough, and down right stupid at times. But it's just not the same when played with a different system. Does not mean Palladium system should not be reworked in places. Overall Palladium Books as a company could do for an overhaul in places. I'm all one for understanding ya have a niche audience when it comes to their stuff. But ya not gonna be able to live off that when even the people that love ya stuff have their gripes.