/aosg/ - Age of Sigmar General

“A Man who is doing his True Will has the inertia of the Universe to assist him.”- Aleister Crowley, Master of Fates Edition

Learn to appreciate Kairic Acolytes Subedition

Previous Thread: Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/RcYLw0az

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

malignportents.com/story/the-hangmans-curse/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>quoting Aleister "Hack" Crowley
>about the Arcanites
Huh. It fits pretty well.

FIRST FOR NO DEATH NEWS AT THE LVO

Help me out guys
I'm really conflicted between starting a converted soulblight army, Clan Pestilens, or Tzeentch Mortals.
Which should I go with?

The Korgorath looks pretty good. May have to pick up a few.

Lol the answer is death mortals

>nine workouts
>learn the truth now
kek

Wait a month or so, see if any new soulblights are out with the death tome. Out of the three, Tzeench has the most options right now.

Converted Soulblights (I assume you mean Dragon Knights as Blood Knights) are of course pretty cheap, but there's little to get creative with.
Tzeentch Mortals have very recent models, which means they are fairly expensive, but look great and, as discussed last thread, Acolytes are a joy to convert with.
Pestilens has models older than dirt and you need a ton of them.

Tzeentch is nice, as your options are Daemons, Arcanites, or Tzeentchian Slaves to Darkness.

You laugh, but I know a few people that actually use the Hellbrute kit for the Khorgorath.
Incidentally, a unit five of the fuckers is hard to deal with.

These are all missing:

Hammerhal & Other Stories - Various (omnibus w/ new novella)
Eight Lamentations: The Tainted Axe - Josh Reynolds (eshort)
The Dance of the Skulls - David Annandale (eshort)
Nagash: The Undying King - Josh Reynolds (novel)
The Autumn Prince (audio)

Also the Kharadron book (Iron Dragon Overlords?)

Looking at the rules, is there any reason not to use one of the sweet battletome alignmenta when playing Slaves to Darkness? Eye of the Gods doesn't seem to be worth as much as all those sweet spells.

>The painting aspect is what I personally thought I would enjoy the least as I never really painted or anything throughout my life but once you start and watch a few videos it is actually really simple to paint decent looking units just make sure to have a decent range of brushes or you run the risk of taking forever, I used to only use a small base brush for everything when I first started my dispossessed army.

I like to keep stuff cheap as possible, paints and brushs etc they cost crazy money. For one unit you need to buy like 3-4 paints, and different brushes and units can use different colors or have different color leaders, I checked the cost of paints needed for ironjaws, and cost is higher then that of a box of 10 dudes.

We are missing overlords of the iron dragon.

I *have* Nagash: Undying King but:

a) I am a technologically iliterate bumpkin who doesn't really know how the fuck does one add documents to the mega.

b) Don't feel like it because people are leeching a lot and not adding stuff on their own.

If someone adds even one of the miss e-shorts I will try my best to contribute with N:UK.

I don't want to sound like a dick, but welcome to the Internet - the 1% provides for leeching public who deserve everything for free.

Also, I don't think anyone but the owner can add docs to the Mega - we just have to post a link to a share and hope the owner comes along and adds the doc as some point.

>b) Don't feel like it because people are leeching
I contributed several of the Battletomes and a few novels in the past. I guess that counts for nothing, huh?

An user from the previous thread made me think - what's the point of killing the unique and one of a kind army? There are elite armies in AoS but BCR were the only super-elite army (it's hard to treat Soulblight as a "real" army if their battleline is resin and costs more than the start collecting box. Inb4 kitbashing). By nerfing them to the point of unplayability they are losing even more old and new customers.
Imagine you are running a brothel and have about 30 whores. Most of them are vanilla, some of them are into bdsm but let's say just the single one is into some niche shit like full-time petplay. One day you notice that she is a little bit overconfident and making trouble so you have to bring her to heel. You know that you have no replacement for her so you are acting rough but also delicately to not push her too hard. Now she is "playable" again - everybody's happy, nobody gets hurt.
Yet, GW decided to beat the shit out of the BCR whore so fuckin hard she can not even raise her ass high enough to be a use for anyone

BCR aren't even that bad. I have close games against a BCR player all the time.

Soon

Farmers of the Mortal Realms

I would unironically buy it for more lore and to read about the logistic aspect of AoS setting tho

Dumb post

Lmao where is that cover from?

I'd fuckin buy it. Its just freeguild but with every unit replaced with a peasant-mob variant.

Freeguild guard = Peasant mob
Handgunners = Peasant mob with rocks and slings
Demigryph knights = Peasants riding over-sized farm ox
Pistoliers/outriders = Peasants on horses with slings
Freeguild general on griffon = Peasant mayor riding steampowered hovertractor

BCR is fine, stop whining like a bitch

Shut the fuck up, at least you have a battletome

Are the buffguys actually good?

But if it is bad, then you may as well not have one at all.

No they're just a screen at best.

Lmao even a unit of freeguild guard has a better stat-line and rules and is 80pts vs 100pts for the acolytes.

Your faction has fleshed out lore and a backstory.

Your faction has a fully fledged book.

Your faction is recognised as a proper, standalone army that is supported by GW.

Stop being a whiny little sod.

>please be happy about allegiance abilities not even worth using
What do you think battletomes are for? They are about allegiance abilities and battalions - BCR abilities are just bad and battalions are not only costly as fuck but also mediocre at best

>proper, standalone army that is supported by GW
>literally two plastic kits and one of them is splitted into 6 warscrolls
>no new models
>even the warscroll cards are fucked up
You have low standards user

So nurgle-dudes, what is your opinion about the new battletome?

It's neat. I like the mortal spells. The one thing I dislike is the forced piles of identical trees. It would be fine if the kit had an alternate build.

>an army of simple angry farmers beating the shit our of invaders with their humble-work shaped musclebound bodies.

Like flagellants but more interesting.

malignportents.com/story/the-hangmans-curse/
New story but no news. Guess we will really have to wait until 31st of march

Why does everyone here have such a poor grasp on the English language?

Well done, user.

Why did that Blightlord puke black sand?

Digging up ancient memes now, are we?

Because he got spooked

>31st of march.
>What is LVO or the mark of 17.02.2018 when MP is released.

>Poor little Nurgle boy

W-what?

Just Nurgle up some wyldwoods.

Yay, more mysterious """news""" about mysterious mystery. They will give us nothing and you know it

Well the important thing is that we all buy it anyway. If they produce something that makes them money they'll do it again, so you should always make sure their mistakes are profitable if you want more of them.

>want to play Gutbusters
>nowhere carries the old ogre boxes anymore

Oh no my man, I learnt to vote with my wallet long time ago. My last purchase was the GHB17

The complaint is literally that there is nothing to buy yet.

>Huge mobs of filthy plebs wailing on chaos warriors with farming equipment
Would play.

>Just Nurgle up some wyldwoods.
no way man
the plague tree is line of sight blocking and big enough to screw with movement. Its actually one of the best things about the new tome, board control by throwing down terrain to screw with your opponents lanes.

They're still in stock in my country. Where do you live? If you don't mind paying for shipping/exchange I'll happily send them to you

I'd play that

Just finished building my frigate and god i hate the things that connect the ship to the balloons... such a pain to get them just right...

Cant wait for the ironclad...

Ah, I see. I'll keep that in mind user.

I'd fucking kill for an Order Reanimate army led by Settra looking for eternal vengeance against both the sniveling gods of Chaos and the limpwristed so-called god of Death.

As much as Necron players bitched about getting Tomb Kangz in the Wardex, flip that shit on its back and Necron the Kangz. Hammer home all of that delicious Canoptek and use all of the majestic menagerie that Tomb Kings had access to as you bring in Sepulchral Stalkers, Scorpions, Necrosphinxes, and Ushabti. It works fucking perfectly, and they already have the entire battletome written in the Tomb King compendium, just needing to shave off the shit that wouldn't fit.

Praetorian/Lychguard as your 'ardboyz, while Ushabti act as Brutes. Sepulchral Stalkers fill the role of your cavalry-like unit. A decent selection for Behemoths, from the Warsphinx to the Necrosphinx. Warsphinx also coming with a hero-mounted version, obviously. Bone Giant if you really want it, probably staying cut just to use the Necrosphinx since they came from the same kit. Or slash the Sphinx kit and replace it with a Bone Giant done up as a giga-Ushabti. Tomb Swarms as a nice chaff unit along the lines of bat swarms, with the added bonus of their deepstrike. Scorpions as an added bonus.

So I've heard that Gutbusters can be pretty efficient, but the issue is that all of their lists end up coming down to pretty much the same thing.

So what is that list, if someone that plays them wouldn't mind sharing? Guessing a Tyrant + Butcher backed up with various ogres and one or two 40+ units of gnoblars?

So. If I have never bought Warhammer except for my double chick dragon Lord. How do I get on this shit?

Just about finished with my list here. Any further suggestions or improvements? Do you think the Chariots are worth it? They're quick and seem rather killy while being tough enough. Plus a low point cost.

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders:
Bloodthirster Of Insensate Rage (260)
Bloodsecrator (120)
Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrathhammer (100)
-Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Lord Of Khorne On Juggernaut (140)
Skulltaker (100)

Battleline:
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- 1x Goreglaives
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- 1x Goreglaives
30 x Bloodletters (270)
20 x Bloodletters (220)
1 x Chaos Chariots (80)
- Greatblades
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne
1 x Chaos Chariots (80)
- Greatblades
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne
1 x Khorgoraths (80)

Battalions:
Gore Pilgrims (180)

Total: 2000 / 2000

that dragon is no longer for sale. Wood elves are now called wanderers and have less than 1/3 of their original units (also they suck).

Is any BCR battalion actually worth using or should I just add another 2 mournfangs?

>Not buying older models from based Chinese man
Land, they are making a lot of money from each miniature GW discontinues

A block of 12 ogres is fucking fantastic. Take two of those, some leadbelchers, a pair of butchers and a tyrant. Sprinkle with grots to taste

>Wanderers suck
They only suck if you don't know how to play them.

>i could win the GT with an army entirely of any shitty units I choose at random because its all about muh skills

gtfoh retard

No Ironguts? And I'm guessing each of those Butchers is lashed to a cauldron?

is truee that they hugh the border of the table to appear and dissapear? i mean, i understand doing that with archers but how do you make your enemies fall for this if they know?

Thinking about joining AoS while i wait for new 40k codecies to drop, is this Ironjawz list decent?
>HQ
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
- General
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)

>Troops
30 x Orruk Ardboys (450)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
>Battalion
Ironfist (160)
Total: 1990 / 2000

>how do you make your enemies fall for this if they know?

you dont make them fall for it. You might beat someone who doesnt understand it, and then never beat them again.

ironguts are really good, but they are a shooting magnet and get shot to death asap by anyone who knows what they are doing.

Play wanderers with Sylvaneth allies.
If you need hitting power ally in a tree lord or some kurnoth hunters

Fair enough. So Tyrant + Butcher + 12 Ogres + 2x3 Leadbelchers for 1k points. Then upping it to something like Tyrant + 2x Butcher + 2x12 Ogres + 60 Grots for 2k?

I've found using the Living City rules with Dryads as cheap Battlelines and using Eternal Guard to be a road block for your Hunters and Sisters works quite well.

That'll do, user

You may have a mobility issue for objectives, but can ally in some raiders or anything with good movement if needed.
Youll use inspiring presence a lot on the big units since your dudes are too valuable to lose to battle shock.

>View WIP thread
>90% space marines
>View 40k thread
>95% space marines
>come to aosg
>BCR, tzeentch, nurgle, Ogres, fuckin WANDERERS
>not 90% stormcast even after years of AoS
maybe there is still hope for this game afterall

Reckon chariots would on the same base-profile as Mournfangs if I was going to ally them in?

Remember to magnetize your megaboss so you can use him both as mounted and foot in smaller games

Marines are naturally popular, Stormcast are an artificial attempt at popularity.

People that play fantasy wants to play like legolas. not like the father of machines

This. Space Marines BECAME the poster boys of their game, growing into the role over time. Stormcast are being forced into that role and it’s very obvious and quite off putting.

Ironguts are a fire magnet and they're still hard to get into combat, but anyone worth their salt will know to shoot the scary dudes first. If they don't, yeah, they're fantastic. Just don't expect miracles.

Thanks anons, may RNGesus bless your dice rolls

Lads, I need help settling on a color scheme for my FEC army. My fluff for them is they're a ruined city of humans and dwarfs in Ghyran that was ruined from the war there, and the people there were forced to retreat underground as Nurgle daemons overran the surface level of the city, and only recently reclaimed the surface after a Ghoul King moved in and turned converted them into FEC.

Color wise I'm thinking of making the Ghouls pale with maybe some blue shade to give a feeling of creatures that have been made to live underground, but I'm not sure if they'd benefit from anything else like some green to reflect that this is a FEC in the realm of Life.

Nurglites, a question:

I have a bunch of Beastmen from WHFB. I'm really getting into the new nurgle stuff - that snail farmer is super funny to me. I want to buy this new codex.

I know it's a suuuuper long shot, but are pestigors back? or are my 'mortal' units basically just blightkings or the new rotfly blightkings? Can I have 'mortal nurgle' wizrds and just use my great bray shaman?

I know the likelihood of a brayherds battletome is approximately zero in the next five years, so I'm praying they're in there somewhere. Tzeentch only had the new tzaangors which was a bummer, and they don't have the brayherd keyword.

TL;DR what do the mortal nurgle options look like, and are beastmen/nurgle anything more than shitty allies right now? Thanx

And yes, this is a good list but maybe split the ogres into two of 6, and then just 3 leadbelchers. So you have more mobility.

Did you quit your Dispossessed idea, because I have money on you being that one guy with the story.

Maybe wash them with a green shade to show some nurgle corruption?

I guess it makes sense that you end up mostly using Inspiring Presence, though how risky would it be to toss those d3 mortal wounds onto the unit of 12 ogres to make them immune to battleshock for the rest of the game? I understand that usually you're just tossing that at those 40 to 60-man swarms of gnoblars, but if you're running such large units of ogres, wouldn't that d3 wounds kind of be negligible for the ability to not have to worry about battleshock for the rest of the game?

No, I just ran the city generator in the OP until I got Name: CANDLETOWER
Realm: Ghyran
Size: City
Inhabitants: Humans and Duardin.
Distinguishing Features: A location of renown, known for its surrounding magical barrier, monster's graveyard, nexus of magical power

And I have FEC so I tried to mix it together.

That's also a good idea

Just run your beastmen as slaves to darkness units - give them the nurgle mark of chaos and fuck bitches

there is no beastmen rules or even mention in the new battletome, only rules for daemons, mortals, and rotbringers

Nah for all intents and purposes, Pestigors should exist, but they don't. You could call then plague zombies or something but it's not the same.

Maggotkin is sort of like 'death guard but for fantasy' so your normal dudes are expensive and tanky.

Regardless of how many times you say this it'll never be true.

>or even mention in the new battletome
beastmen are mentioned in the new battletome like 3 or 4 times