Have you ever played a two player game before?

Have you ever played a two player game before?

1 gm and 2 two players or 1 gm and 1 player?

The former.

Yep.
It is super hard to find players here (who are not sperglords) so we ended up with a two-player game.
One was a monster hunting ranger
The other a steppe merchant (I think that means bandit)
Became bros for life and big damn heroes.
We were two men
on a mission
from god.

Yeah, i gmd and it was purty fun. I player got exploded by a tank. It was purty funny

Yeah. It actually works really well. So long as your players know what they're doing it goes really fast, and its a lot easier to tune things to what they like with that few people

Yes, frequently. Rules-lite, roleplay focused games.

Yup it works no problem. Four man party is a meme.

Fighter and cleric. Beat up kobolds and demons and shit.

I've run a 2player game before and it was damn fun. As someone who usually gms for big groups, it was a breath of fresh air.

1-2 player games a best.
>Easier scheduling
>More time in the spotlight for each player
>Less time spent waiting around for your turn to act in combat
>Game is more tailored to each players tastes and interests
>Less kitten herding required to make progress
I don't know how you people even do 6+ person parties.

I work an overnight at the airport that basically is babysitting the airplanes on the ramp. My coworker and I play all kinds of board games and role playing systems. Love getting paid to GM.

I run a 6 man party in Pathfinder and everyone is multiclassed and has mythic tiers... We literally kill a monster every 4 weeks.

It is Hell

What's a good system for 1 GM two players besides gurps

Ideal number of players is 4

Sure! I find it's the best actually. Things go very quickly because the decisions are usually a discussion between two people, rather than four+, splitting the party isn't usually a huge issue because resolving things for one character goes quickly, and two players bantering feels less awkward to me than one GM and one Player.
The only thing to be wary of is encounter balance in systems like D&D, which are often based around the idea that there will always be casters and such present. This can be overcome with hireling npcs, lowering the number of opponents, or handing out xp/skills or liberally so that the two characters can cover more bases.
Also, getting two people to show up is way easier than larger numbers.

Me and a buddy played a one on one game of Savage Worlds cyberpunk fantasy game. We had a pretty good time, surprisingly. I thought it would be a shitshow but I'm glad I was wrong.

I designed a Super Mario game using this concept, like in the old Paper Marios where it was Big M, a partner, and the enemies in turn based combat.
I stopped working on it when I realized that there was already a damn fine Mario engine already. Kinda still wanna work on it one day, not sure if I even still have the old files.

yeah, 2 players is still a group, so it works just okiedokie, though I tend to give them some minions then

1 player sucks, ive done that before and having to be in ALL the interactions gets tiresome without someone else to talk between eachother

honestly anything except 3.PF, no system is built around an "ideal" party size except 3.PF if you run your own adventures and accomodate the amount of PCs

alternatively, players can handle multiple characters

I'm inclined to agree to this, but I lean more towards 5. Even 3-6 is fine, but 6+ and it starts turning into a nightmare.

But even 3.5/PF can be tweaked to accommodate fewer than 4 party members. Cutting monster HP, fewer monsters, fewer combat encounters in general, use of animals/hirelings, being generous with exp and items. It's not the ideal system, for obvious reasons, but it can work if that's what your players want. I've run two 3.5 campaigns with 2 players and they generally work better and last longer than my usual group of 5 players.