Census Results

Veeky ForumsWorldBuilderfag here.
Here are the results of the census and the racial makeup I took for a shared Veeky Forums community setting.
Original census thread where (hopefully) most everyone voted once for their favorite race:
Quick takeaways about our setting:
>Humans are the most populous race like most settings
>Ogres bred themselves into extinction with Orcs. One person voted for Half-Ogres, but nobody voted for Ogres
>The oceans and river systems are nearly devoid of sentient life
>We have a severe undeath problem (if they’re hostile)
>Our Undead are mostly skeletonbros
>Orcs are a threat (if they’re typical fantasy Orcs) being tied for the third most populous race
>We have concerns Kobolds may have committed voter fraud, the little fuckers
>Trolls are everybody’s 2nd favorite
>Demons exist and are pretty horny due to the population of Tieflings
>Aasimar are the least popular D&D5e race with a whopping 0 votes and 1 vote for the Deva variant
>Interracial pairings are rare or taboo with 1 person each voting for Half-Orcs and Half-Elves
>Included in “Elves”:
Dark Elves: 3, Eladrin: 1, Elves (Tolkien): 4, High Elves: 3, Snow Elves: 1, Wood Elves: 2, Half-Elves: 1
>Included in “Orcs”:
Orc: 14, Half-Orc: 1, Mok’Nathal (Half-Ogre): 1
>Included in “Beastfolk”:
Baketako (Octopi): 1, Beastfolk (cat ears+tail ): 1, Gnolls: 4, Kitsune: 2, Lizardfolk: 2, Merfolk: 1, Minotaurs: 1, Ratfolk: 2, Snakefolk: 2, Spiderfolk: 1, Thri-kreen: 1
>Included in “Fae”:
Pixie: 1, Fairy: 1

It’s my goal to one day build an entire setting as a community we can play together.
I have a semi-rare form of color blindness so sorry if the colors suck

Maybe we can get a mapfag to build us a world map.

I was thinking an alternate and community focused way would be to build a grid in MSPaint or something and people fill in their own square to eventually build it.

We’ll need a name for the setting too. Maybe have a thread where dubs decides syllables and trips decides vowels. I don’t know, throwing out ideas.

Percentage of the total world population

Nice to see the census up. The colors are fine, aside from a triple orange of warforged, dragon, and gnome, but they're also so small and different percentages I don't see it as an imminent concern.
Should cultures of the races end up as a voting system? There were two votes of DElves specifically because of Dunmer. Perhaps have a culture vote and allow for a possibility of people to tie certain cultures to certain races, e.g. Vote Persian High Elves, Babylonian Dark Elves, Swiss Kobolds, etc. . .

If only we could get the furries and skellies to go to war against each other and wipe each other out completely, then humanity's dominion would be complete.

I might get some time later on to sketch a map.

Thinking I's start with the magic stuff this time. A bunch of leylines with different elf types being aligned to each one and the high elves sitting on one of the poles. Other pole can be a place with a lot of undead because the magic is strong there.

Adding 3-4 continents and a whole bunch of islands so people can homebrew their own stuff. have Saturn-style rings or multiple moons with life on them if you want to go really crazy.

>That much undead

Don't get me wrong user, I appreciate all the effort you put into this, but why didn't you put them in descending order of group size? This chart is shit man.

Doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of interest. Hoping it’s just awkward hours

I mean, I totally can. This is all work in progress

Descending order

I’m wanting to name this setting so I can title these threads. How should we go about it? Like
? Dubs decide the letters?

If it's a setting for Veeky Forums we could try some sort of play on words for it, or at least have the letter combination be in the name. Tegeia?

Can someone give me background of this project?

Teeja

I’m an autist and I want to make a setting for and by Veeky Forums. My ultimate unrealistic goal is that we can maybe hop on Roll20 or something and play.

Plus world building is just fun

We must secure an existence for our people and a future for human children

Thanks that's much better

I’ll make a vote thread later today. Maybe 7pm EST. I’ll have a bunch of Veeky Forums puns and randomly generated names for people to vote on
Also,
>Deacending order by votes

It's cool you did this, dude. Probably put them into descending numerical order, but good work.

seeing as I was the only vote for Thri-Kreen, I nominate the Thri-Kreen as nomadic hunter/traders; they lack a region or real political structure of their own (beyond tribal political setup), but their tribes roam both wild and civilized areas, hunting only as needed, trading things they gathered during their travels. Basically roam around the world trading exotic goods from faraway areas.

I'm glad there are as many dorfs as there are. Based on my days in WoW and DnD, I'm used to them being such a tiny minority.

to add on to this, most people are dissuaded from travelling with the Thri-Kreen by their comparatively sparse lifestyle, but the mantisfolk's paths often take them through astounding natural wonders, and more than one "great artist" has travelled with them for the purpose of documenting such natural beauty on canvas for the world to see.

Op has both in percent and absolute votes:
The Undead probably cleared out a lot of the competition and that's why Dwarves, Goblins, and Kobolds (all underground races) are able to survive so well.

I would say separate beastfolk into furries and lizards/snakes. I see that as being a pretty important distinction.

There are an alarming number of undead.

I have it written down in my lore page that 2 voted for a Dunmer or Dunmer-like culture. I’ll specifiy next time I post

but then there's also fish (merfolk), octopi, and bugs (mantis and spiders, which desu probably don't interact a whole lot)

I’ll make a thread 7pm EST where we vote on a name for our setting and/or planet.

That way I can start naming these threads.

I guess. I guess for some of us it's like if dwarfs and elfs were listed as one group.

That’s true. I’ll see what I can do

I do believe op has the subgroups for the beastfolk category just like for the elf groups. Would the sub-distinction work well enough outside of the graphing circle?
When I was doing the public census on the previous thread things started getting rather stretched and that's why there was a consolidation of multiple groups, just like with what happen for the sprites and pixies on the pie chart under the "Fae" heading..

>our undead are mostly skeletonbros
[excited rattling]

>We have concerns Kobolds may have committed voter fraud, the little fuckers

Let's actually make it a part of the setting.

>Kobold society readily accepts non-kobolds as long as they wear Kobold disguises
>Said disguise can be as shitty as you make it, just a vagualy lizard-shaped hat and a clip-on tail are fine
>Gods are so tired of their shenanigans, they don't care anymore. "Kobolds" actually get full range of their racial characteristics and, for all intents and purposes, count as pureblooded Kobolds
>When skelebro frees a skeleton from the "Kobold" what comes out is a Kobold skeleton, even if original was an orc or a huge minotaur (although in Minotaur case, two skeletons come out).

hilarious and yet i feel that it would get problematic in the long run.

also, how do skelebros handle mantisfolk? mantisfolk have exoskeleton - the skeleton is on the outside already.

actually i've always wondered how Thri-Kreen biology worked with undead.

>hilarious and yet i feel that it would get problematic in the long run.

To tone it down a bit, there could be clause that you really need to BELIEVE you're a Kobold. Not just "let's disguise ourselves and infiltrate Kobold fortress!", no, you need to be otherkin-tier delusional.

>also, how do skelebros handle mantisfolk? mantisfolk have exoskeleton - the skeleton is on the outside already.
They consider them the only enlightened ones among the mortals. Although it's bloody hard to scoop that icky squishy stuff.out of their carapaces.

I would be fine with subgroups, yeah.

We made a race once, using gurps alien generator.

Instead of picking at random, we voted the best choices between the ones that could be selected at random.

PS:We voted using approval system (pick the choiecs you like, most voted win), range voting (give a score from 1 to 10 to all choices best average win) would be a better choice.

Anyway the result
Chemical base: Water-Based Life (Cold to Hot worlds)
Habitat: space dwelling life
Race is sapient
Trophic Level: Hijacking Carnivore
Place the race lives has 0.1 g
Movement: Immobile
Size: 250 yards
Weight: 78130000 pounds
Size in race local gravity = 1150 yards
Weight in race local gravity = 7604375000 pounds.
Strenght = 3933 ST
Bilateral
18 segments (each segment has one limb per side) won.
Has tails
Long tail (Long enhancement) and Barbed striker tail (Striker doing cutting or piercing damage)
Is an tool using race
6 sets of manipulators (each set has normal DX or High Manual Dexterity 1)
Internal Skin
Outer Skin : Scale
Scale Type:Armor shell (DR 5)
Cold-blooded (no disadvantage)
Growth Pattern: Unusual growth pattern (add segments )
Reproduction:Parthenogenesis
Gestation: Pollination
Special gestation: Brood Parasite (young raised by another species)
Moderate r-Strategy: 1d+1 offspring per litter, some care after birth
Vision: Telescopic Vision 4
Deaf
Touch: Acute Touch 4 and Vibration Sense
Has those special Senses:
360° Vision
Absolute Direction
Ultravision
Scanning Sense (Radar)
Primary Sense of Communication: Scanning Sense (Radar)
Lifespan: Extended Lifespan 2
Average IQ: 11
Mating Behaviour: Permanent pair bond
Social Organization: Pair-bonded

Gregariousness: Loner (0)
Concentration = Short Attention Span (9)
Curiosity = Curious (9) (reduce selfcontrol number to 6)
Playfullness: Compulsive Playfulness (9) (becomes Trickster at 12 if specific being of this race is is Overconfident)
Empáthy: Empathy ( add Charitable at 12)
Chauvinism: Racial Intolerance
Suspicion: Normal
Egoism: Selfless (6)
Imatination: Versatile

Why picking on kobolds? Is it really a surprise that there is a large population of kobold fans here? Really, trash has a whole kobold general that has been consistent for ages and last I checked 60ish contributors to the thread.

Kobolds are a meme race.

3.5 gave them some rather interesting lore. When I first started DnD I had just quit wow, and I still held a firm hatred of gnomes. Saw kobolds and thought, "Hey, a whole race that by lore despise gnomes... Awesome!" And the more I looked into them the more I liked em. But really, before the Census was archived I checked the number of posters to the number of votes, and I didn't see anything fishy. If anything I saw that there were more people posting than there actually were votes.

Yes, it's a surprise. Delude yourself all you want, but Veeky Forums is the only place where people talk seriously about kobolds as a player race.

name thread is up