Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2005: The Force Within You Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r2pt2-F2j2g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jumpers! What is your favorite magic system and why?

Ayo babbygurl, are you one with the Force?
Would you like to be?

DC or Marvel or Godzilla/Gamera

Geneforge. Something about the ability to craft life just speaks to me.

Generic Magic systems where will is the key to using magic. Ones without loads of restrictions on what can and can't be done.
also, pic source?

I think Weakness of Beatrice has magic that I've had the most fun with throughout different chains, especially with some of the perks within the Jump. There's so many potential spells and upgrades, especially if you buy some things that open up or expand on what you can invest in. I had fun making up dozens of spells and wacky upgrades for them and imagining how things expanded from there.

I'm always torn on this one. On the one hand, I love D&D magic and I know it inside and out, so I know exactly how and where to twist it to get what I want. It's powerful and customizable given a little time. But on the other hand, I love vocal magic systems like the Thu'um and Ar Tonelico's Hymmnos. (Yes yes, I know it's technically science but you know the saying about advanced science and magic.) There's just something about the link between song, language, and magic that tugs at my soul and sets my imagination alight. Yes, D&D magic is more powerful, but sometimes it's all about aesthetics damn it!

Pressed to it, I'd have to go with D&D simply because, if all else fails and a whole Chain goes tits up because I got hit by a bus or something stupid like that, I can eventually turn myself into a Jumper-Lite with just that system.

Harry Potter. Because I don’t use magic much, and it allows me to create and duplicate tons of shit ex nihilo

The one from Magico and Fate

For the Primordial Jungle in Lizardmen, if we build cities and other shit in it, will they also follow from jump to jump?

Nope although I don't have an issue with people saying that other properties they've purchased appear in the jungle.

There's something hauntingly beautiful about the sheer mystery of what classic, Vertigo-era DC occult magic can do. You start with virtually all the occult practices historically believed in by ancient cultures (and also modern wiccans, because the comics were written at a time when witchcraft was new and edgy).

You end with dark mirrors to reality, abstract realms of existence born from emotional turmult, the realised power of the human soul assuming direct control of demonkind and the power to escape existence itself. Even the magitech of a future that will (probably) never come is taken to it's Asimov-like conclusion.

>spoiler

Does the Godzilla series actually have magic, or is this just a muscle wizard joke?

Ok thanks for answering. That is fair. I have some properties that I could drop in it.

Mothra is explicitly magic. Just weird ass magic..

Also, have some writing. This Chain isn't going to be a long-winded as my Dual Chain and mainly exists to let me play with characters and ideas that intrigue me, but don't fit into my other narrative. So expect more scene writing and larger sections covered with general outlines. Also, it's going to be a little more naughty than what I normally put down onto the page. Nothing explicit, but expect crude jokes and adult situations.

Jump 001 (Indulgence): Skyrim

Drawbacks: None
>I considered taking Black Sacrament, but I didn't want to scrub out on the first Jump. Seems better to take it easy on the Drawbacks for a while. Even if that means less points.
Prophecy: None
>Same reason as above. Nice rewards mixed in here, but I really don't plan on killing the Dragon in charge of time or taking down every assassin in Skyrim right out of the gate. Oh you sweet summer child.
Identity: Thief
>Time to put buckets on heads and be a CRIMINAL SCUM!
Race: Argonian
>Probably going to regret this, but I've always wanted to try wearing scales.
Region: Skyrim
>Obviously. Come on now. Why go anywhere else?!
Standing Stone: Shadow
>Tough choice between this and Tower, but invisibility eventually won out. An hour's worth a day can get me out of, or into, a lot of trouble.
Perks:
+ Thu'um
+ Histskin
+ Stealth
+ Soldier
+ Archer
>Aimed to be pretty well rounded outside of Thu'um. I've got to survive to find the words after all.
Items:
+ Leather Armor
+ Elven Weapons (Shortsword and Bow)
+ Knapsack
>Let's see. Armor, ranged and melee weapon, and a guarantee to not starve. Yeah, that'll help my survival a lot.
Companions:
+ Prepaid Slot
>I don't know if I'll find someone right out of the gate, but you never know. 50 CP is a pretty safe gamble. I'd rather not find someone then be forced to leave them behind because I wanted a better weapon.

Story: Enclosed PDF, 16 pages.

I hope you all enjoy the read. Let me know what you think.

Reply hazy, ask again later.

Yeah but...her magic is just being a huge kaiju moth isn't it? Not an actual system.

That's Books of Magic right?

So, Toho magic seems to be collective belief + ???? = Giant Magic Kaiju.
I think that Gamera and the Mothra movies go into it more but I can't remember.

Hard to pin down just one but I'd have to go with the magic system of the elder scrolls. Manipulating reality by being really good at conning a dreaming godhead into doing what you want is amusing. The games show a wide variety of quick and dirty uses, but also various utility spells and the like. Albeit more of the former in latter games unfortunately. Then there is the lore not constricted by devs who don't want to put in the effort for anything that isn't another release of Skyrim. I usually have to push it back just due to how bonkers things can get with it unless you job.

Yep. Good stuff.

...are you telling me the giant Stay Puff Marshmellow Man could happen in the Tohoverse if the aliens decided they wanted one around, in theory?

Oooh, a new writefag chain. Nice!

Currently Im running dresden magic with the numbers files off. Its just got that sexy old school symbolic wizardry Im a sucker for. Unless I need to pull some crazy space warping then I use dc magic or whip out my fuck you mana reserves and freeform it.

Toriko-user, if you're on, can we stop the Meteor Spice Incident from happening and still go to the DLC/Actual plot of Toriko? I guess I'm asking for a continuity thing between the DLC and the original Jump.

Seconding Elder Scrolls magic, what is colloquially referred to as Alteration is so goddamn cool

If you have faeries or Atlanteans to facilitate it. Yes, yes you could. Or I guess you could try and figure out what the ??? is yourself but faeries and Atlanteans are easiest. Or whatever made King Caesar.

... honestly? Madoka's.

Because it's magic wrung from the soul, and shaped by it, rife with symbolism.
It's not just shaped like a few aesthetic choices, either, it's like... different magical girls actually get wildly different powersets and abilities depending on their wishes and personalities.
Sayaka has a straightforward approach and wants to come to her crush's aid by being a hero, so she gets a little cape and wields a sword. But you can also learn to utilize those powers, they aren't static, but they are weighted by your feelings. Like, Mami's weapons are actually ribbons. But she learned to create guns from those ribbons to attack with. But, she's weighted by her regrets, so the guns she makes are old fashioned muskets, and she can't make more modern guns even though she wants to.
Homura just wanted to be with Madoka forever, like a moment locked in time, and wanted to keep trying, and trying, and trying until she could get that ending, thus influencing her powers. But she learned a lot of extra magic over the countless resets, too, so she grew, even though her base powerset remained the same.
... and when you turn into a witch? You become this WALL of symbolism, just cranked up to an overwrought mess, way more indepth and opaque than any Persona could hope to be.

The higher end stuff on the scale becomes, like, high concept, universe altering stuff. But they don't -usually- focus on that, it's more about the interactions between characters and smaller battles between monsters, very story driven, very more conventional hero level, with occasional crazy mythological stuff, and symbolism just bleeding out of every orifice to the point that nothing makes sense anymore until you start painstakingly peeling off the layers, and then everything does.

It's not really the best in terms of "now jumper can eat the universe!" powers, but I love it the most, aesthetically. Things like that really appeal to me.

>"I was originally a Nord. Except we called ourselves Canadians"
>Implying you're not all just Bretons (French people) appropriating the Nordic environment

Well...fuck. I think you just turned the Madoka system into my second favorite.

Im currently attempting to translate all my magic over to being fire. I want to mix the first true magic to burn things into existance.

Oh and as a secondary meme choice. The battleon/Adventure Quest magic system.

What are the dumbest ways to die in a jump?
Ones that you have thought of, or that you have done. (note the ones where it is the latter).

I'll start with a few random ones (in no particular order):

Telling darkseid that he "isn't man enough to kill you".
Attempting to eat a Cosmic Cube.
Taking the "Golden Morning" drawback in the worm jump.
Writing your own name in the death note.
Worshipping the Lady of Pain.
Trying to kill the Unconquered Sun.

Choking on pizza in naruto

Eating detergent pods after taking power sealing drawbacks.

Fucking madoka

Taking power sealing and/or amnesia drawbacks.

Thank you. I'm hoping it will have it's own charm.

>Implications
>Inarticulate Canadian Bellowing
Little known fact, due to a confluence of genetics, I look like I just stepped off the boat from Germany. Enough that I've had tourists stop me in the street and start asking me for directions in the angriest language known to man. So that's what I'm referencing.

You are right though, Breton would have been a better race equivalent for Bretons.

Canadians. Canadians. Why is it I can type four pages flawlessly only to screw up a three sentence long post somehow?

Short Answer: Yes

Long Answer: I'm simply naming it the Meteor Spice Incident DLC cause you end the main Jumps 10 year time limit just before the destruction of the Human World.

The DLC is simply an extension for those who wish to go beyond the Human World and into the Gourmet World. And by this I mean within Jump context, I know veteran Jumpers will probably just appear and then go for the good stuff. But outside Jump stuff aside, it'll be the power up to make sure you are definately ready to survive there....and to hand out more goodies of course cause there is no way 1000cp can cover all the gloriously delicious stuff in Toriko.

You're amazing Toriko-user.
Hey JC where can I get awesome abilities that will make the Toriko Jump more enjoyable?

...now when you say "Fucking Madoka", do you mean "That damned Madoka" somehow got angry at you enough to kill you, or that you fucked Madoka (either figuratively or literally) and presumably got blapped by an angry/jealous Homura?

I feel like Shokugeki no Soma is a requirement before Toriko.

Well if you want my opinion then a few I might highly recommend are:

The ability to eat anything from the Generic Alien Invasion Jump. Its something you can get in Toriko eventually but right off the bat able to eat anything is useful.

Resident Evil has another good one under the Experiment perks that lets you heal and restore fatigue by simply eating through it. Another one of my favorites.

Any Jump to enhance you senses is also useful such as enhancing your sense of taste. There as so many I don't know where to start.

Various Jumps like Zoo Tycoon, Harvest Moon, and the like for ways to collect Plants, Animals and everything in between would be a good idea.

Carnivore has one of my favorite items which is a Meat Locker. Anything you kill and eat, the meat will show up in that Locker to. If I remember correct in infinite supply so a bit janky with some Toriko foods but oh well.

Of course I have to recommend Food Fight! Jump for all the shenanigans there.

Hope this helps! Happy Jumping!

Posting something I need to use in the IRC. Sorry.

>...now when you say "Fucking Madoka", do you mean "That damned Madoka" somehow got angry at you enough to kill you, or that you fucked Madoka (either figuratively or literally) and presumably got blapped by an angry/jealous Homura?
Yes.

IMGUR EXISTS
USE IT

Fuck you, he was helping me.

>creating an account
kek

Ordinalism, a pretty neat system from a quest over on Sufficient Velocity. And yes, I know we don't have a jump for Terrascape Academy: The Garden of Enoch, but I used Maker of Magic from Weakness of Beatrice to recreate it. What I like is that it heavily encourages wizards to specialize, leading to each individual practitioner to have these almost iconic builds as they figure out cool synergies between the limited effects they have available to them.

The way it works is that you progress through the stages of the Ordinal Spiral through meditation and insight and what not, and at every level you get your choice of one of two spells to learn. The spells are fairly versatile, so you can still get a wide variety of effects out of them if you're skilled, but you have to decide what ability is more important to you. You also have a third option: Instead of learning a new spell, you can elevate a previously-learned spell to the new level, granting it new effects that give it overall utility roughly equal to the spells you could have learned. What's more, every spell slot a spell takes up grants it quantitative multipliers of power, meaning that if you really want to make a low-level spell strong you shouldn't wait until you get to a really high level, you should take it multiple times as you advance. Two NPCs in the quest had each taken every level but their first and put it into a second-level spell (different ones). There's also a "Rite of Purity" you can perform, that forbids you from learning any other magic type but gives you a huge boost to Ordinal magic in return.

All in all I think it's just a really cool framework for wizards, forcing them to make hard choices as to what they want to be able to do. It's not a system that I as a jumper would get much use from, I can obviously use tons of different systems and get around its limitations, but I like teaching it to other people.

Sorry to bother you with such a pleb question, but how does Toriko work? Could you give me a fluffless rundown of what's going on in the setting, and what gourmet cells do for a person?

Or you could use imgur because you already spam the thread with your waifu pictures. Instead of acting like a dick.

Then fuck him even more, nobody should help you.

Let's just ignore him, shall we?

>nobody should help you

This was completely unnecessary and hurtful.

EAT! EAT EVERYTHING! SALT AND PEPPER!

Question Valeria. For the Scenario of Circumstances of Waltraute's Marriage.

For the Perception challenge where we need to hit target's across the nine realms. It says we are not allowed to use magic. But I have two qualms with that.

1. Are we allowed to use Ki.
2. Are we handed a bow capable of having a draw strength that large that isn't magic? (Since I am assuming the bow can't be magic, so I am not sure how we are supposed to get a mundane bow capable of handling the necessary power)

Just ignore him Ric.

Love u

Food nrg

>Imgur exists, use it
>fuck you
This was completely unnecessary and hurtful.

Tasty = Strong

gotta eat big to get big COME ON

Okay, so Toriko takes place on a deathworld. But a delicious one. Millions of years ago, aliens came down to the planet and seeded it with all sorts of life, aiming for it to grow and evolve into strong things because strength and tastiness are heavily correlated in this universe. Humans outright can't survive on most of the planet's surface, the "Gourmet World" because the most basic life forms there are incredibly deadly and they've also got all sorts of weird environmental conditions. They're confined in the "Human World", about 30% of the planet's surface, which is still actually much larger than Earth because this is a huge planet. And even that has some really dangerous creatures and conditions.

A couple hundred years ago, a man named Acacia figured out how to cause humans to develop Gourmet Cells, the super-cells that hypercharge the biology of all the most powerful creatures. Rare individuals would occasionally naturally be born with them, but Acacia figured out how to expand their population greatly. Along with his disciples he tamed the wilds, explored the Gourmet World, stopped a bunch of wars between humans, and overall made the world a much better place.

Now it's some indeterminate number of years later, one of Acacia's disciples (Gourmet Cells make you live a long time) has had disciples of his own, who are off having adventures, seeking out strange new things to fight and then eat. They often come into conflict with a criminal organization lead by another of Acacia's disciples, and sometimes hang out with the third because he's a pretty cool old man and a great drinking buddy. As the series goes on, and they grow strong enough to enter the Gourmet World, they start learning of some ancient hidden dangers, monstrous beasts arising that could threaten to end the world. So they set out to do what they do best: hunt it down, kill it, and cook its flesh to serve in a big potluck dinner and support the local community.

Nah, its all good.

The basic run down, and this is a lot of reveal from stuff we learn later in the manga, is that this is an alternate universe called the Red Universe where Earth has been seeded with Gourmet Cells.

This causes the Earth to expand to something like 300% of its normal size and become completely covered in ridiculously delicious foods and bizarre features. Meaning forest made of candy, deserts made of rice, springs that produce alcohol, ect. Its food all the way down. Like there is stuff called Chocolate Crude Oil.

So the world is basically divided into two major areas. The Human World and the Gourmet World. The Human World is roughly shaped like the continents we know and the Gourmet World is the expanded territory where a bunch of crazy Godzilla monsters made of candy and stuff life.

How crazy is the Gourmet World? Well the Human World uses a scale called the Capture Level which only goes up to 100 in the Human World. A 1-5 needs a full hunting team to get. 10+ requires tanks and jets. Above that is a natural disaster.

The Gourmet World is filled with CL 1,000+ cause reasons.

The reasons being Gourmet Cells which are basically alien life from another Universe, the Blue Universe where everything was eaten, and now is in the Red Universe. Gourmet Cells only exist to keep making things more delicious. Which apparently equates to being more powerful too. You can think of of the most delicious foods of our world being CL1-3 and higher level CL are like multiples of that deliciousness.

So by eating things here you get Gourmet Cells. By eating delicious stuff, your GC's get stronger making you stronger so you can get MORE delicious which means MORE power.

I think that covers the basics? The Cast is basically searching for the ultimate food, [GOD] which...thats another story. Anyways, the main thing here is to eat and fight so have fun.

EVERYTHING! Animals? Eaten. Rocks? Eaten. Trees? Eaten. All of it. EVERYTHING.

Yes, this. All of this and more. The series started about a crazy food world and then ended up going full on DBZ power levels and stuff.

>This was completely unnecessary and hurtful.

Your words hurt me more that I will admit.

Question Jumpers. Have you ever been truly tempted to stay in a world you jumped to. If so for what reason did you want to stay

Yes. Food. Take a wild guess as to which world.

As for what Gourmet Cells do? Well, the two things you need to know are this: One, Gourmet Cells cause the host to hyper-evolve in response to their environment. Keep exposing yourself to dangerous locations and you'll become more and more durable, provided you survive. You can also take advantage of this to shape your evolution and develop new powers, like how Coco kept exposing himself to poison until he became poisonous.

Secondly, Gourmet Cells grow stronger when the host eats good food. Not just nutritional value but also how much they enjoy the food matters. So there is a huge benefit to finding these new and tasty foods. The best foods for this are the "planetary full course", the eight most delicious foods of the Gourmet World that require braving incredible danger to acquire. But even purely mundane food can have a benefit, if it holds meaning to a person, meaning that sitting down to a meal with the people you love can make that food a lot stronger. It also works best if you show proper gratitude for your meal. Food actively wants to be eaten, in this universe. And if you show it respect, treat it as something good and worthy instead of you just filling your belly, it will reward you.

Everything becomes edible with enough determination!
youtube.com/watch?v=r2pt2-F2j2g

Any setting where I made really good friends.

>Now it's some indeterminate number of years later
605 years to be exact.

I hate that picture so much and I don't know why.

Yeah, that's when the Gourmet Era calendar starts, I meant that we're not clear on how long Acacia was exploring before then. Sorry for being unclear.

Those worlds where I had lots of waifus and was unsure if pursue even more girls.

It kind of looks like Pennywise's mime cousin wearing goggles

Ah yeah that's true.

>EVERYTHING! Animals? Eaten. Rocks? Eaten. Trees? Eaten. All of it. EVERYTHING.
Even probability. Somehow Starjun can eat good luck. And he gets nutritional value from this, it makes his Gourmet Cells evolve! How does this work? No idea, but it does.

Then just imagine. Some Jumper, somewhere in the infinite multiverse, has picked up Wonky as a Companion, given him Gourmet Cells, and then imported him as a Buu.

Holly shit thats good amount of lolis.

Thanks all, that was a big help.

That pic got my hopes up thinking it was Kohaku and Hisui.

Huh, that was weird. I just randomly was told I got banned and said it was done in 2013.

Get that pedo bait out of here.

Yes, this too. Thank you, user.

You have done a much better job of explaining all this then I can at the moment. So much gratitude. The Food Honor in you is strong.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what he ate actually. I think it was some sort of probability energy or something. Toriko gets weird.

Glad to help.

The universe has supernatural themes if you explore enough. and strong enough gourmet cells can tap into that side of things. One of the strongest creatures on the planet's stomach literally leads to the spirit world/other side as an example.

How do you take the MEoDP through the Supplement? Do you need the skill or the NP? Sorry if it has already been asked.

Remember to check Ric

What do you think would Berrus (Dragon Ball Super) would think of the Planetary Full Course Meal?

Pokemon. I had a good thing going in Kalos. In the end, though, I wanted to go home someday. Just not yet. There's people I wanted to see again and get better souvenirs for.

>tfw your loli becomes a titymonster.

Yeah, I'm aware. I'd still expect him to have to physically grasp and consume the Food Luck within Joei to eat it, not just passively absorb it by standing near him.

I don't think it has and obviously I'm not Val, but judging by the canon example(s): You take the MEoDP itself from the skill, but if you want you can also gain a MEoDP-themed super attack NP.

You don't need an account to upload images to imgur.

I'm not sure. I think he'd basically sit down with [EARTH] and just be content with that maybe. He's shown to have a pretty big sweet tooth. I'd almost think he'd attempt to eat everything and then just have someone wish it all back so he could do it again.

At the very least he'd enjoy himself and then demand to have food of that quality every meal.

>aniki
Fate has played its hand, especially if she picked up a tomboy streak. Clearly, you two were meant for shounen adventures. Whether mecha will be involved is still in the air.

Think you need to take Mystic Eyes and have them be Death Perception.

More reasons to get a waifu who can shapeshift. clone herself with full power and can act.

Makes it much easier to handle, lower maintenance since you only need one waifu and all you need is some alchemy and/or shapeshifting to go with your preferred body

Jump When ?

Eh Toriko can sweat like trees sweat, shiver so hard and fast that he puts out mega-watts of energy, one dude makes electricy via sound collisions in air bubble, the atomic scale is held by a majority vote, and in general that just human world stuff.

The one from Hero BBS that I have yet to create.