Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

>"year of the xenos" :^) edition

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/17/adeptus-custodes-preview-part-3-war-machinesgw-homepage-post-2/

>Painting/Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=JuYeHPFR3f0 [Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>the year of xenos

>year of the xenos

>year of xenos

honestly xenos should wait a little bit
we still need a new space wolves codex and it's bullshit that black templars got rolled into the normal codex so gw so definitely release one for them
then we need deathwatch to be updated and i'd like to see the arbites introduced

>year of the xenos

you forgot the SoB and SoS codexes coming out after thousands sons
also theyre making a seperate world eaters and emperors children codex so honestly xenos players need to be fucking patient because theyre constant bitching is annoying
oh also inquisition codex

Xenos confirmed only getting one or two codex this year!

>SoB

>year of the xenos

Year of the Xenos

>all these imperium faggots making fun of xenos
Fact: Xenos are what make 40k 40k. A ton of settings have space demons (DOOM for instance) and super special space marines, but xenos like 40k has? Almost none in other Sci-fi
Fact: Xenos players are the best players. Constantly top the tournaments in each edition, always play with painted armies, run cool, fun lists and not spammy soup
Fact: Xenos players are the best posters. We contribute to threads and make them better, while chaos just bitches and imperium fags spam shit like "year of xenos." Without us this general would be shit.

You all are faggots, and frankly GW should squat all imperium stuff as punishment

Meganobz!
Twin killsaw or heavy burna?

I'd say scorchas just for burning away any chaff that trys to counter charge.

>Constantly top the tournaments in each edition
>run cool, fun lists

Bait.

>loads of codexes this year confirmed
>only one to two xenos codexes confirmed
>still no Sisters of Battle

>year of the xenos

>hurr durr if someone says something I disagree with I'll just call it bait
The state of imperiumfags.
No actual arguements when confronted with the truth, so instead they just try and shame people and try to deny the obvious truth

> Almost no other Sci-Fi has alien races fighting humans
> In almost no other Sci-Fi-universe there are:
> Aliens with high technology and energie weapons
> Biological and oftend bug and swarmlike aliens
> Mythical aliens with psionic abilities

On the other Hand daemons are very unusual in science-fiction

>Necrons as the last Codex just weeks from new and improved codices hit for other armies leaving Necrons behind again

Just fuck my shit up already, GW.

But they promised!

No, really?

>imperium players

>Xenos will get one or two new codexes
>Meanwhile, various obscure subfactions of Marines and Marines With Spikes will get over a dozen

Why the fuck do Xenos players stick with this game? It's obvious that GW considers them second-class customers at best.

I'm pretty sure a Sagittarum Shield Captain won't be legal, but that's not stopping me from making one anyhow.

>Still worrying about that
Do you even have faith in the Emperor?

>tfw have 2500pts of metal sisters

This is a excellent post, user. It should be saved for posterity.

YEAR UV DA ORK

This board is basically the /pol of 40k. Welfare queen imperials mocking all the 'N.P.C.' races without realizing that with all the free crap they get they are more likely the non-paying-customers.

T.SaltyXenoFag

So re-casting stuff causes a fuss about morals because it deprives money from your local LSG. In turn greenstuff casting, even if not bought from the LGS, is allowed. Is the ethical line determined by what is cast, and if so what is the limit to what can be ethically casted?

>Fact: Xenos are what make 40k 40k. A ton of settings have space demons (DOOM for instance) and super special space marines, but xenos like 40k has? Almost none in other Sci-fi
This is not true.
> Fact: Xenos players are the best players. Constantly top the tournaments in each edition, always play with painted armies, run cool, fun lists and not spammy soup
Eldar and Taufags back in 7e would say otherwise.
>Fact: Xenos players are the best posters. We contribute to threads and make them better, while chaos just bitches and imperium fags spam shit like "year of xenos." Without us this general would be shit.
And here you are shitposting.

Gr8 b8 m8, have a (You). Don't go spending it all at once now!

"i guess you gotta be an asshole to get a codex these days"
someone edit this to make it a xenos fag complaining about 40k squatting them

I'd love to get a Saggitarum Shield-Captain option. Same for HH, a Adrastus Caliver for the Shield-Captain would be neat to make a model for.

Reminder that Xenos armies ONLY receive support due to the success of Space Marines.

Twin killsaw, be not a pussy.

do not make him hold his gun like that
that looks fucking stupid

Legally in burger land, it ends when you start making money from casting.

Well user, what are you casting with greenstuff anyway? Some shoulderpads, the occasional weapon option? On the other hand, people buy whole armies via recasters.

Anyone know how I can stop getting my ass kicked as Dark Eldar?

Current setup is:

X2 Archon

X10 Kabalite Warriors

X10 Kabalite Trueborn

x1 Raider

4x3 Reavers

>still no actual counter points, just denial of facts.
The absolute state of imperium fags. They get triggered when someone calls them out on their bullshit by speaking the truth, but unable to articulate why their right (because they aren't), they just deny deny and deny, all while posting reaction images as if that serves as a supplment to an actual thought out arguement

Anyone tried reposing the legs on custodes ? how hard is it ?
I love them to bits, but the 'spread apart' pose get tiring really fast.

>Sagittarum get rules
>36” heavy bolter or 18” Assault S5 AP-4 Dd6 fire modes
>and they hit on 2+
>and they have power swords
>and 2+/4++
>and enemies have -1 to hit
>and they’re only 250 points for a unit
Th-This isn’t gonna happen, r-right? They’d be perfect horde killers, the one weakness of the army

>.t salty xenofag
And this is coming from a necron player who is just laughing at all the other xenofags who thought that "year of the xenos" was gonna happen.

Not using a shitty list would be a start.

First, they came for the Eldar and the Necrons, and I did not speak out-
Because I was not a xenosfag.

Then, they came for the Orks and the Tau, and I did not speak out-
Because I was not a weaboo.

Then, they came for the Sisters and the Ministorum, and I did not speak out-
Because I was not an oldfag.

Then they came for me - and there was no one left to speak for me.

-t. Guard

Clarify?

Sigmarines work well for chuck stode conversions.

>Expecting a serious discussion to his shitposting

>falseflagging as an xenosplayer so you don't get called out on being an imperiumfag like you are.
just like 7th ed's "I'm an ork player, so my defending faggotry like formations is ok"

I'm trying to get back into 40k after drifting away sometime during late 5th/early 6th edition, and trying to figure out what I need to (re)acquire for crunch materials. Still going on the BRB/Codex model, or do I also need to pick up the Index?

Mostly play Craftworld Eldar, though also have a limited Salamander list and some Orks I can dust off as well.

It’s not super hard if you know how to do it and can cover it cleverly with GS/scrolls, but the pose just doesn’t look good. Tactical squat works best imo

>He's still replying even though he knows he's wrong.
Lol, fucking imperiumfags, can't help themselves

That's cherry-picking one tiny piece of this feedback loop they have created where marines are all that get pushed, so thats what sells, so that's what they push.

Alrighty that's a fine ethical line: use, but don't sell.

I was going to copy a scout squad of mine with regular casting, and was wondering about the ethics doing so. It seems like selling the things for profit is where the line can be drawn.

>can stop getting my ass kicked
Dont use reavers they are overcosted as fuck use more lances and blasters and slipt the kabalites in 2 units os 5 so u get more cp use the speed of raider to stop good range units from shooting

I guess it works like other copyrighted material, it's fine to make copies for personal use but once it becomes a commercial enterprise it's sort of violating the rules.

What are you planning on casting user? anything cool?

not him. I don't even play anymore, but most people know footslogging dark eldar is a death sentence.

Duke it out!

Eh, it's too long to one-hand and look entirely good but I did my best.

Speaking of Custodes conversions, I'm thinking of fully magnetising my bikes with the hurricane and missile options that come with it, along with the bolt, las and Adrathic options from the FW bikes. I figure Volkite weapons will work well for the Adrathic, but should I buy chargers or culverins?

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of all these guns.

They better give us rules for that delicous super melta underslung

Incoming Battle Report from last night.

============

Somewhere in the Ultima Segmentum another unnamed world falls under to the Tyranid menace. The Swarmlord, leading a host of biowarriors, encounters a force of Legion of the Damned dug in and ready to kill the enemy in the name of the Emperor.

1000 pt kill-point game. Legion of the Damned (using Deathwatch army rules) versus Tyranids. The legion is set up as a battalion with a jump pack captain, a librarian, three kill-teams, a venerable dreadnought, firebat aggressors, and a unit of bikers. The Tyranid forces were comprised of a unit of genestealers, a unit of warriors, a unit of termagants, and a tervigon all led by the Swarmlord.

Tyranids finished deploying first and won the roll off, but the Legion manages to seize the initiative and takes first turn. They move forward cautiously with bikers and marines inflicting a couple of causalities with their hellfire rounds. On the other side of the table the legion captain appears along with a squad of legionnaires and charges the tervigon.

>year of the xenos

>implying you'll get adrathic

I'm sorry do you want me to post my army or crons or what because I own no imperial army, or do you just want to keep crying about "muh imperium boogyman" because you can't accept that GW likes them more.

We've got nowhere to go :(

I'm not even mad really, I just think it's a waste of the IP to spend all the budget and effort on ten billion flavours of power armour while the actual interesting factions get left out to rot. It's what sells, I guess.

Tyranid first round has the Swarmlord crossing the short gap between battle lines along with the genestealers. The legion librarian wards off any psychic powers. In exchange, the warriors delete the bikers with practiced application of their venom cannons. The termagants fire their weapons twice into the kill team dug into the ruins (after making a mistake with how the Death Frenzy stratagem worked). Some 140 shots later the legion only loses one marine. The genestealers opt to charge the firebats and eat three sets of flamestorm overwatch in exchange. The Swarmlord follows, charging the nearby kill team. In the fight phase the Swarmlord wipes out the majority of the unit before the legion spends command points to interrupt with the firebats, killing off a few more genestealers with their power fists.

Make a non shit list would be a start.
Venom spam with blasterborn, ravengers, the bomber. None of your infantry should ever touch the ground unless they blow up their ride

all these non-daemon faggots making fun of daemons
Fact: Daemons are what make 40k 40k. A ton of settings have space elves (Starcraft for instance) and super special space marines, but daemons like 40k has? Almost none in other Sci-fi
Fact: Daemon players are the best players. Constantly top the tournaments in each edition, always play with painted armies, run cool, FUN* lists and not spammy soup
Fact: players are posters. We contribute to threads and make them better, while xenos just bitches and imperium fags spam shit like "year of daemons." Without us this general would be shit.
You all are faggots, and frankly GW should squat all non-daemon stuff as punishment

>we still need a new space wolves codex and it's bullshit that black templars got rolled into the normal codex
Ah yes, please gives us MORE marine codexes. Also, Black Templars are nobodies.

Eldar don't need the index. They have the codex now. All that shit is in the mega in the OP.

Aren't they also ap-2? I think they are ap3 in HH

I'm torn here, on one hand a dread that size should really have a close combat weapon for smashing faces in... On the other? DUAL GATTLING LASCANNONS

It'll probably be 30" S5 AP-1 Heavy 3 (or possibly Rapid Fire 2) on the Caliver and 12" on the Deathray.
And the -1 to-hit won't be native, obviously.

Eldars and Tau players are way worst than ANY imperium players.

>18 fucking powers
>ALL mini-sorcs get to spell sling
>cool AoS models
>pretty awesome relic

Fuck i'm hyped. Trait is shit but i can live with that, since this is way beyond my wildest expectations.

The Legion turn comes around. Frag missiles hit the termagants while the remnants of the other kill team falls back, giving room for the dread to fire at the Swarmlord. The lascannons whiff again and so the venerable brother is left with no choice but to charge directly into hand to hand along with the librarian. In the fight phase Johnny's manages to take a wound off the tervigon with their bayonets while the firebats are torn apart by the last remaining genestealers. The dreadnought deals a handful of wounds to the Swarmlord before being neatly dissected.

Oh hey were you the guy who posted the Deathwatch v. Death Guard battle report?

Real talk?
-They should just consolidate the marines/chaos marines into one codex, with sub factions in the same book.
- They need to rework how specific keywords are.
-Force organization charts must make a comeback (requiring 2 troops and 1 HQ to dip into allies)
-Bring back old independent character rules but forbid the joining of more than one character per unit (while taking away auras)

Game Solved. Fucking pay me.

space wolves and black templars literally have more flavour than all of your shitty aliens combined

Hey, they have three special characters and a crusader squad that some how performs worse than a tact squad. They have the second most special characters next to Ultramarines.

If it helps, you guys will be the last to go before 40k turns into HH Part 2. Marines need someone to look good next to.

I wish they were, but Sagittarum such balls in HH; they are shittier heavy bolters with a mediocre deathray strapped to the bottom.

Exactly what I needed to know, thanks.

Without xenos, this would be 30k. Let's take a look at how THAT scene has held up?
>inb4: kaos (really not that different save for the deamons-and even then this game would have died a long time ago as just I.O.M. v. Chaos)

You must be really bored or really new to bait this hard.

The final round comes around for the Tyranids. The genestealers charge the single legionnaire still alive near the librarian while the termagants try (and fail) to dislodge the missile team with another round of shooting. However, due to the tervigon, the horde has grown so massive at this point that the legion is overwhelmed in short order.

My opponent and I decide to call the game at this point as going into the Tyranid turn I had only 7 models remaining. The final shot is of the missile team that managed to stick through a total of over 200 termagant shots (with the horde growing even larger in the background).

Yes

>TotE most cancer unit invading 40k
No way

Thank god you're not a designer, then.

>-They should just consolidate the marines/chaos marines into one codex, with sub factions in the same book.
retarded

>he doesnt know

> 200 gaunts of which he only paid for the original 10/30
MOST PLAYTESTED EDITION EVER

no worries.

Not to be a cunt over it, but bringing the Swarmlord at a 1000 points? Isn't that a bit overkill? Admittedly, I don't know how he performs on the table, but it sounds like bringing Guiliman to a 1000 points game.