Half-Elf

>Half-Elf
>Half-Orc
>Half-Ling

What do Lings look like? What's their culture like?

Chinese knockoffs. They tend to deliver food in nations where they are immigrants.

Penchant for fried rice. Egg fried rice, soy sauce fried rice, etc.

A short, furry, Asian-themed creature.

>Humans are 6 foot tall,
>Half-lings are 3 foot tall
Does that makes Lings an average of 0ft tall?

Lings were so slutty for humans, they bred themselves out of existence.
Now there's only HalfLings left.

fishy, and fishy.

Yes.
Ling tiny size confirmed

You ever play LoZ Minish Cap? Well that

>Humans females shrink to their size
>They get pregnant from Ling males
>go back to their size carring Ling seed
>halflings are born enough times for them to reproduce among themselves

I can see it

Half-anything was a mistake.

Lings confirmed for super tiny.

Lings are a type of furry, parasitical fae that worm into the vaginas of sleeping women and impregnate them with a Half-Ling baby, who is typically abandoned in the woods after birth due to their grotesque proportions and subsequently adopted by Halfling communities who smell their pheromones. They will then be reared by this community as they develop and begin to sprout. Sprouting refers to the fact that the hair on their feet is actually the protruding tips of developing Ling embryo, which are embedded inside the flesh in the same way the eggs of the Surinam Toad are. These Ling then burst out from the skin and seek women to impregnate, and the cycle continues.

Short, cheerful faun/satyr-folk who live in the forests. Clearly fae in nature, they spend most of their lives in revelry, dancing, drinking, eating, singing, and generally living a comfy life.

Half-Lings are the result of people in frontier settlements long ago, enticed into the woods at night by the bonfires and the sound of music, who danced and made merry with the Lings and, caught in the fae haze of happiness or otherwise inebriated, coupled with them.

The Halflings, as a result, are short, like their woodland forebears, but the faun-legs only really show in that their feet and occasionally calves are covered in fur or soft hair. They prefer to live comfortable, homely lives, rarely straying far from the communities they're born in, appreciate the finer things in life, and keep themselves to themselves. Any impulse to become adventurous or stand out comes from their Human bloodline. Almost all halflings are raised with their Human parents, as any trace of the fae magic in their blood (beyond their skills in music and cooking) is now gone - they cannot hibernate through the winter within the great trees of the deepwood as their Ling parents or ancestors would have done.

Lings are far rarer these days, thanks to the wilds being colonised, expansion into their woodlands, and a great period of fae hibernation. The enormous majority of Half-Lings are not trueborn now, most of them descended from long lines of other Halflings who have developed their own distinct, quaint little culture at the edges of Human society. Although they have no contact with the Lings, and their fae powers are gone, the lands they choose to live in do always seem unusually green, cheerful, warm and pleasant... The kind of place you'd love to retire to.

>Etymology
Originally, halfling comes from the Scots word hauflin, meaning an awkward rustic teenager, who is neither man nor boy, and so half of both. Another word for halfling is hobbledehoy or hobby.

So they are half of what makes up a dwarf and the humans just use the name because they encountered dwarves first.

That's some good shit user, I love it.
Stolen/10

Please never post again

Halflings aren't half human, they're half the size of a human.

Are you thick on the head, user?

Halfling is an insult given to them by dwarves. Dwarves are dire lings.

They live undeground

Why are you like this, /d/?

I am afraid

your post deserves a (you)

You mean they deriver food, surely.

Fun fact, Half-orc is actually a human term. Elves and Dwarves tend to call them Orcumans.

I've always imagined halfling is just a derogatory term they adopted because they don't give a fuck and are too lazy to name themselves.

>Dwarves, Halflings and Gnomes are all just Ling subspecies, in the same vein that Goblins, Hobgoblins and Bugbears are all goblinoids

I can see it

Are quarterlings 3/4 or 1/4 human?

I knew two Lings in college, one was from China and the other was from Boston. They reminded me of people but smaller and with a strong appetite for duck, goose, cat, anime, and math. They ate normal human food though with me. One of them mained a castor in LoL so I guess magic isn't foreign to them.

Its easy to extrapolate. Half-elves are like elves but less so. Half orcs are like orcs but less so.

So a Ling must be like a Halfling, but MORE so. Much smaller, significantly harrier and with larger feet, and with a culture that is even more rural and comfy and isolationist. Indeed, this likely explains why we never see full blooded Lings and know so little about them, they likely never leave their comfy as fuck hobbit-holes.

There could not be a more accurate reaction image for this post. Holy shit my sides.

You think it's funny, but a player in my current group kept asking what his other half was for two sessions before he finally got it.

Like every half-whatever in popular fiction, they angst about and hate the non-human half of their lineage and every major victory and moral victory on their part is exclusively because of their human side.

Lings are notional creatures, barely real even at the best of times. When the phases of the moons allow for the highest levels of magical background activity, it's possible for one to be impregnated.

Of course, they're still invisible, inaudible and otherwise imperceptible without the proper spells, so this is tricky. Luckily, they're invisible, inaudible and otherwise imperceptible without the proper spells, so they can insinuate themselves into a sexual act.

Now, getting in the middle of two humans going at it is tricky, but if you only have to watch out for one, it's much easier. The more distracted, the better. Thus, the lings will move in and intercept masturbation.

They can go both ways, impregnating females and being impregnated by males. The pregnancies are... different... depending on which sex the human parent is, but they're always interesting.

The conjunction of the moons that allows lings to "exist" happens to come every nine months, so that works out nicely.