What if goblin propagation occurred through non-traditional means?

What if goblin propagation occurred through non-traditional means?

I get what you're saying, you little deviant.

Like, as if the goblins were a sort of...fungal organism, and spread by, say, letting their spores spread across the world to grow?
I havn't heard that one before
>glances at Kol.
>glances at Warhammer

I was thinking lunar effluvia along moon-rays, but I guess your mushroom idea is ok too.

>Don't feed it after midnight
>Don't let it get wet
I know your tricks.

What if I propagated with your mom?

I'd like to see you try!

A mature goblin, when ready to pass on, finds a pool of stagnant water. It submerges itself, and its body befins to break down, the final disillusion prompted by the creature's death via drowning. As it decays over a period of days, the pool becomes a sludgey, green-brown mass that gives off a potent odor of rotten flesh, shit, and decaying vegetation. During this time, goblins range for any creature too small or weak to escape them, bringing the still-living unfortunate back to the pool where they are babtized in the filth and then tossed into pits. The effluvium hardens to a soft, waxy consistency and begins to warp the victim, rendering them into malleable state as the filth hardens into a sort of coccoon. Several days later, 'newborn' goblins struggle through their metamorphic pods, starving and crazed, and set about killing and eating their broodmates till one remains or - in the case of large 'clutches' - their hunger is sated.

While it is worth noting that humanoid creatures are typically too strong to fall to this process, the young or infirm are sometimes captured. When a humanoid undergoes this process, the result is known as a hobgoblin rather than a typical example of the species. These specimines are stronger, faster, crueler, amd more cunning.

What if concurrent multiplicative Goblin pregnancies?

>Goblin woman is impregnated, she will give birth to three Goblins. Before she gives birth, she is impregnated again. She will now give birth to six Goblins. Before giving birth, she is impregnated a third time. She will now give birth to twelve Goblins. Etc, and with concomitant bodily growth.

Would you play it?
Maybe adventurers are hired to go Gob-poppin' on mating seasons.

magical reeeeeeaaaalllllmmmmm

You had me until
>hobgoblin
>stronger, faster, crueler, amd more cunning

Hobgoblins should always be lesser goblins, hence the prefix "hob".

Or, they're like aphids, where a goblin is born pregnant with its own clone.

Why would you want to see that?

Reproduction through death is only viable with a very large population, a large number of offspring, and a very short lifecycle. So youd need millions of goblins who die every couple weeks to months to, on the outside, a year, and hatch dozens or more likely hundreds of larval goblins. That strategy is not used by any creatures even close to the size of a goblin. It really only works for insects and fish.

>Gob-poppin'
Um, do you mean fucking the goblins, or falcon punching them?

Hob is not a prefix.

Hob just means spirit, or devil.

>spirit goblin
Hobgoblins are not a race now, they're goblins who have been possessed by devils, making them stronger, LE, and disciplined.

THE MOON CAME IN

I DROWN IN HIM

Goblins are a large population, and one 'pool' can sire almost a hundred new gobbos.

I thought goblins always reproduced by being fed after midnight.

>What if goblin propagation occurred through non-traditional means?

I can't remember where I got this from, but I was told -as in actual real Goblin folklore- that Goblins were an evil sort of grotesque, all-male, fairy or fey, but specifically they were a kind of demented tree spirit. You see, they would grow from the roots of old, gnarly, leafless trees: they'd just dig themselves out, complete with little root horns on their heads, and gnarly like a ginger root, and then proceed to sow chaos and misery for their own entertainment.

Now, today, Goblins don't exist anymore- not that gnarly old trees don't exist, but because we've killed all the Goblins and for new ones to form dead bodies need to be laid upon the bows of these trees. In olde times this would happen during war, famine, etc, and happen quite happenstance, so you'd always have a 'few' Goblins popping up, who would in turn make a conscious effort to dig up, steal, or 'make' dead bodies to birth more Goblins.
Nowadays, though, you simply don't get those situations in developed, civilized, non-shithole, countries.

Anyway, that's what I was told about where 'real' Goblins came from.