Aliens for first contact

>Women are much bigger and stronger than men. They are also much more aggressive.
>They don't get pregnant, they lay eggs. Lots of eggs. Several dozen in one year.
>There are far more men than women. Most of them are infertile, only a few are fertile and become partners of the females

Does this make any sense as alien species? If not, how can I improve it?

Possible ways how first contact and diplomacy with such a species could look like?

Maybe I'm jaded but this just screams Magical Realm.

What's magical realm about that?

Unless your story is about reproduction you just told us a fuckton of irrelevant information.

Femdom and egglaying are fetishes, haven't you been to /d/?

>Possible ways how first contact and diplomacy with such a species could look like?
We kill them all in a span of a few days seeing as how most of them are infertile
You have given us no information on what they could trade with us and any technology they have we can just kill them for. Slavs labor is the only valuable thing they could offer us unless you provide more specifics on their government and economy

Everything about this species revolve around sex or sexlike activities

>Possible ways how first contact and diplomacy with such a species could look like?

How the hell would we know? You have the info on their repdroduction cycle, we have no idea about their appearance, physical capabilities, culture, technological advancement...

Well, they are insectoid and organized in clans. The clans are divided into castes. Nation states are foreign to them. They are also very warlike and violent, even just to get their overpopulation under control. Cannibalism is therefore very common and not outlawed.

Genetic engineering and biotechnology is a big deal for them and they're much more advanced than we are. They use it especially to specialize the castes better for their orders.

But they are less advanced in other technologies.

No, I wasn't. They wouldn't be insectoid if they were my fetish.

>You have given us no information on what they could trade with us and any technology they have we can just kill them for

I'm not sure, actually. As I said, very advanced in biotechnology, so maybe Medicine, but I doubt whether this would be useful for humans. Their technology is not meant for humans.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Just kill them with fire and nukes then, they practice
>Cannibalism is therefore very common and not outlawed.
>They use it especially to specialize the castes better for their orders.
And are practically useless to us
>But they are less advanced in other technologies
So killing them to preserve humanity is for the best. Hell it would be best for the galaxy as a whole

What is bad about cannibalism?

It just shows that they lack morals and may be willing to eat/kill humans for the betterment of their own kind, so we should have a mutual stance on killing each other. They also seem to have a very controlling government and the lack of other technology makes them weak

Very good, now you have learned how to provide relevant information. Hopefully you will do this in future threads instead of wasting time.

>They are also very warlike and violent
First contact doesn't go well, and Humanity finally has a common enemy.

So, alien bee folk, but with males being workers rather than females, and with certain level of personality and independent thinking? Cool.

Also, let's have an alen race description thread!
> Aliens who look similar to humans, but are from a very cold planet, and their normal body temperature is -70 C.
> Cannot survive in temperatures normal for us, but feel all right naked in Antarctics.
> Their tissues contain weird combinations of chemical elements, e.g. a lot of chlor and CH4.
> Their diet consists mostly of cryogenic mushrooms from their planet.

It shows that their morals differ from ours, not that they lack morals.

Lack of other technologies makes them weakER, the fact that they even made contact with them means that they are spacebound already. Depending on what crazy biotech they have, it might bring us to an equal ground.

>so we should have a mutual stance on killing each other.

Should we? I see nothing that would indicate they would not make a good mercenary/auxiliary fighting force.
Think space Ghurkas.

> It just shows that they lack morals
> There is only one correct moral
No.

Wipe them out. They're a ecological disaster in the making.
Unless you go down the route of having the majority of females being infertile workers, or make them incredibly short-lived, or have the males die/get eaten after mating once, these things will be more damaging to a planetary ecosystem than 20th century humanity!
As described, since they're an intelligent species it is likely that they would be able to identify the fertile males and segregate them for "stud duty" with those females that have earned the right to breed, the infertile males being available for sex with any female (if they find sex pleasurable, that is!) that wants to.

Nah, if our morals differ we won’t ever see eye to eye. And in almost all sci-fi humans and biotech never works out. Also, if biotech can be spacefaring then we’re throwing out all believability
This should be good, please, make a sound argument for cannibalism

take infertiles as slaves to serve Human empire, leave fertiles to breed and visit them to take more infertiles for servitude.

>> There is only one correct moral
>No.
yes. Moral isn't arbitrary, its an objective étalon.

>make a sound argument for cannibalism

They are already dead.

> in almost all sci-fi humans and biotech never works out. Also, if biotech can be spacefaring then we’re throwing out all believability

Your imagination is so tiny.

>Nah, if our morals differ we won’t ever see eye to eye. And in almost all sci-fi humans and biotech never works out. Also, if biotech can be spacefaring then we’re throwing out all believability

I'll speak slowly so you would understand better.

>Also, if biotech can be spacefaring then we’re throwing out all believability

They don't have to be spacefaring through biotech. They can have other tech, they just don't have to be as advanced as us.

>Nah, if our morals differ we won’t ever see eye to eye.

If we have common ground we can. What little we know about them does not show there is none. Need more information.

>And in almost all sci-fi humans and biotech never works out.

This one is too inane to respond to. Formulate it better.

>we’re throwing out all believability
Like you even care.

Nigga these are just genderbent bees
Nigga just made bees

Pic screams magical realm, like something you'd see on a /d/ thread.

That's not even genderbent bees. That's literally bees. Worker bees (the ones with stngers) are female. In fact, the only males in the hive are drones, which exist to mate with a queen and little else.
Same thing with ants, as well. Termites are the only eusocial insects that have both male and female workers/soldiers, at least in some species (others have one sex be workers and other soldiers).

Also, could we have a thread about aliens we've come up with in general? Haven't seen one in a long time, but I find those intresting.

Kind of looks like an Evangelion unit to me.

Not a sound argument
K
>I'll speak slowly so you would understand better.
fuck off, your aliens are stupid and you know it
>They don't have to be spacefaring through biotech. They can have other tech, they just don't have to be as advanced as us.
Then this is pointless, just make them equal or more to us in regular technology. Biotech is a stupid idea, it has to crutch itself on other technology to even be plausible.
>If we have common ground we can.
What would that be? We don’t look the same, talk the same, think the same, live the same way. We’d just be working against each other the whole time. Better to just kill each other and the survivor claim the future.
>This one is too inane to respond to. Formulate it better.
Take any sci-fi setting and in it biotech is always pitted against humanity e.g. flood, Zerg, Alien others I’m sure.
>Like you even care.
We wouldn’t be arguing if I didn’t, also stop being a cunt

>Kind of looks like an Evangelion unit to me.

This. The only part of OPs post that is magical realm is the focus on how the aliens breed.

>Not a sound argument

How is it not a sound argument? Unless you want to bring in mystical elements there is 0 problem with eating a dead person outside of the fact that we find it icky.

I want to classify something. They are particularly good at biotech, but also advanced in other technologies. So they're not Biotech 10/10 and everything else 0/10.

I would say that first contact with a warlike space-faring overpopulated caste-structured insectoid culture wouldn't go well our way. On just a technological level there would be no contests. Possibly on several ground or sea fronts we wpuld be able to resist, but the advantage of having a ship in orbit is astronomical. Pun intended.

However, if war doesn't ensue and humans and bugs strike a deal for peace there is one (immoral by pur standards) huge resource they could provide for us: slave labor.

I believe your caste structure obviously has ways of figuring out who is fertile and who is not. And I assume there is some level of hierarchy like queen/matriarch>Prime females>breeding females>prime males>breeding males>sterile males

With sterile males being so overpopulated, the earth workforce would have all the able-bodied drones she could ever want.

Deals can be struck between the races, and instead of resorting to cannibalism the bugs can sell off workers for profit or trade for earth goods and services.

Earth profits from a massive influx of cheap workers, drones dont get eaten anymore and should view servitude as better. There would be groups that would call for drones to become citizens instead of slaves/laborers, but that's human morality for you.

Sounds cool user.

>problem with eating a dead person outside of the fact that we find it icky.
You can get all sorts of diseases, that’s why we burn/bury dead, and I thought we were talking morals

Rate mine contact scenario.

>First contact goes poorly, humans leave the star system
>A few weeks later, aliens send an apology note and an offer of peaceful relations
>Turns out alien race isn't a monoculture and humans landed in aliens' analogue of third world sub-saharan shithole

>You can get all sorts of diseases

So it depends on biology and has nothing to do with morals. Glad you agree.

Opens a lot of questions that are a pain in the ass to answer. Could be fun for background information in an established setting but overall boring and pointless.

>Opens a lot of questions that are a pain in the ass to answer
For example?

How do you get overpopulation when there are so few females?

Welp, you are retarded. Glad you confirmed

I think that humans would probably still make decisions colored by that first encounter. It would take a long time for humans to become familiar enough with the aliens to readily distinguish between all their various cultures and ethnicities and governments. And we also have a tendency to be emotionally impacted most by our first encounter with a thing, no matter how future interactions go. Even if we're acting rationally and trying to acknowledge that they're all different and that we shouldn't paint with a wide brush, we're going to be stereotyping on some level. There would probably be some serious tensions for a long time.

Communication technology

I'm just gonna jump in here and see if I can help you guys out.
Early humans were cannibals, but over time the development of culture and society made people find eating people or loved ones they knew as disrespectful and that's why they'd bury their dead. Some obscure cultures continued cannibalism, but it also turns out that diseases can spread extremely easily if you eat someone who's the same species as you, which complicates things even more because it's usually multiple people eating the corpse of one person.

Then again, OP wanted a species that tries to keep itself from overpopulating. So I guess getting deadly diseases from eating the corpses of others is what he wants?

t. watched a SciShow video on it

Only if you're assuming objective morality. Personally, I think that morality is a tool, one designed to promote behavior that has good long-term impacts on our health and happiness both collectively and individually. Like all our tools, we created it in response to our environment and conditions. Therefore, the fact that cannibalism is unhealthy has everything to do with our morality.

How would a race with such shitty fertility end up being fertility in the first place? They'd have to have a shit ton of children to not die

And you just demonstrated that humans aren't mindless slaves to morality however you define it. So meeting an alien race that is cannibalistic isn't a complete deal breaker. Glad you agree.

And then they like us so much they want to fix us.